1006 Ashford Avenue
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
Puerto RicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casalolarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7879982918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casa Lola's catering department is available to provide an exceptional culinary experience for your activities.
- Private Party Facilities: Casa Lola is equipped with 4 private dining rooms. The largest of which is a banquet hall that is perfect for cocktail parties and larger events, a private wine cava for intimate groups and 2 rooms perfect for combining dining and meeting. All rooms are private.
- Private Party Contact: Mariceli Marina 7879982918
- Entertainment: Casa Lola will periodically host parties featuring talented, local, live musicians.
- Special Events: Prefixed menu options are available for any type of event.
A word from Casa Lola
Bienvenido! Welcome to Casa Lola, San Juan, Puerto Rico's big, beautiful "New House on the Block." Join Chef Roberto Treviño at his newest haunt in Condado West. Chef's menu features a flavor palette based on his vision of Criollo cuisine, the flavors of the abuelos (grandparents), presented in creative, forward looking manner. Casa Lola promises to become Puerto Ricos's biggest, hottest and freshest Criollo Kitchen and Social Club.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Casa Lola - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Casa Lola reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)scenic view (17)romantic (16)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- nightmare00610Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing Apetizzers. Awesome Sangria. Great Food. Good service..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKitcatDined on 8/30/2014Lovely restaurant with excellent service and outstanding food! Comfortable surroundings and helpful waitstaff! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional food with flair.NportChrisDined on 8/24/2014We went for a special birthday dinner based on NY Times '36 Hours in San Juan' review and were not disappointed. Service (which people seem to complain about it PR so I will start with it) was impeccable. Wait staff checked up on us AT LEAST 5 times and manager checked up twice. Oh, and he took a great pic of us too [thanks, the selfies are getting old!!]. The food: exactly as described, local with a very professional flair. We're from NY, so we know. Outstanding mojitos which was really the only part that cost us NY money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Lola is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Casa Lola was a very nice restaurant in the Condado district. It is within easy walking distance to La Concha Resort, local hangouts, and shopping. The food was amazing, especially the paella. We were also very happy with the view of the lagoon and the sunset. We preferred this restaurant over Perla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa LolaMello76Dined on 7/20/2014Great place and great food and service. Highly recommend whomever is staying in the area great Puerto Rican food and staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!JovaDined on 7/19/2014Wow, great service, great atmosphere and outstanding food. If you are near Condado, a must to go to try Puerto Rico national dishes.Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food great. However, no translations on menu in restaurant so server must recite entire menu. Bring on line menu with you.Special Features:
- Mahi MahiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/4/2014The mahi mahi was incredible and the risotto was out of this world.Special Features:
- Wow! Amazing Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/2/2014Wow! This restaurant was incredible. By far the best food I've eaten in Puerto Rico in years. The restaurant is classy and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. The food was unbelievable. Especially the paella! Not to heavy, and more than you can finish. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We've been to Casa Lola four or five times. Usually one of our favorites. The most recent visit was a disappointment. Understaffed, with slow and quirky service. They were having a bad night, and I think others waited much longer for their meals than we did. I asked the waiter which wine would be best with the paella and he said "Coca-cola". No kidding! The pork is too salty, by the way - if anyone at the restaurant reads this. Soaked in brine, sure, but there is a limit. Worst of all is the chef's decision to take their wonderful ceviche off the menu. What a dumb move -- they were specifically recommended in the NY Times review and were terrific.
- Yelpers were right again!SteveDined on 6/19/2014Great sangria. We couldn't help ourselves so we ordered the mofongo and paella. Both were excellent...but it was enough for two more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 306 reviews are from the Casa Lola reviews archive.
- Best Seafood MofongoAntgioDined on 5/20/2014Fantastic appetizers; chichoron de pescado was outrageous and the house-made hot sauce was a great accent to bring it to the next level. Seafood Mofongo de Yucca was excellent. Braised brisket was fork tender and flavorful. Dessert did not disappoint...flan was a wonderful ending.Special Features:
- Wow - just wow!ChrisDined on 5/17/2014I booked Casa Lola based on some Trip Advisor ratings. To say we were pleased with the restaurant would be an understatement. The food was outstanding as was the service. Try the Mofongo and Flan. I know that is a little too local to say but wow was it crazy good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CumpleañosPerlaDined on 5/14/2014Super el servicio, la mesa disponible con vista al exterior como se pidio, deliciosa la comida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I was starting to celebrate a girl's night out. The food was amazing. The service was good, but not great. However we had a lot of fun and enjoyed our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too dark!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014it's bad when your wait staff doesn't speak enough English to help you with the menu and has to lend you a phone because it was so dark you couldn't read the menu! Also the menu needs to have enough explanation that you are comfortable ordering. This place, although beautiful and old historic, was not fun. The food was good, but so are a lot of places very close by. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Casa LolaDannyDined on 4/6/2014We had been considering Casa Lola for our wedding reception. But when we dined there they seated us almost 20 minutes after our reservation time. We had a 12 year old boy with us so they seemed to sit us in the "kid section" back by the kitchen. Noisy babies and large families. We felt like we were in a Denny's. The waitress was great but the food was over cooked (Mahi Mahi). We did like their sweet bread appetizer. We think this might be a good place for couples but we we will never know. It is crossed off our list. This did not turn out well. I am so disappointed because we had heard so much good. This was very disappointing. It seems that maybe they are better set up for the tourist crowd.
- Great Place for Puerto Rican FareNik77Dined on 4/5/2014Loved Everything about the place: Food, Service, Location and our Waiter was GREAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, cool placeFoodieFunVIPDined on 4/3/2014Casa Lola had a nice vibe, big tables full of groups dining together, live music, generous food with big flavors, and some nice drinks ranging from mojitos to acai liquor. Definitely worth checking out when in Condado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightalexDined on 3/29/2014we enjoy our dinner a lot , great service good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I had in San JuanEateateatVIPDined on 3/28/2014It was truly the best meal I had in San Juan. The food was amazing!! The crab cakes were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to go twice in a weekDelishDined on 3/27/2014I was in San Juan for just five days. Casa Lola was reccommended and once i went, I had to go back before I left. It was delicious! The skirt steak and chicken kabobs were outstanding. The house bread is also a real treat. You should go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down best restauranttomaura1Dined on 3/27/2014Hands down best restaurant we went to all week, while on vacation in the Condando section of San Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend recommended thisFussyDined on 3/25/2014A friend recommended this restaurant to me. I was eager to try it given the reputation of the chef. The food was so-so and the service was horrible. I would not recommend it or return to it on future trips to San Juan.
- Casa Lola DeliciosoPackerMidget12Dined on 3/23/2014Chef Trevino has an excellent restaurant in Casa Lola. The service was spectacular As was the food. Our first trip to PR and on recommendation we tried Casa Lola And we're not disappointed! Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FlavorsFoodieFernDined on 3/20/2014At Lola's you're always going to receive wonderful fresh flavors in traditional Puerto Rican dishes. The chefs at Lola's do an amazing job offering many dilightful tastes with a simple yet good amount of dishes on the menu to choose from. I dislike menu's that are too long and Lola's has just enough to give everyone a good verity without be too lengthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten at Casa Lola beforeSiddDined on 3/17/2014I've eaten at Casa Lola before and the food was great. On this visit, we arrived for our reservation and were told by the hostess they were closed. I pointed out the website said they were open for 3 more hours and she waved us off saying she knows the website is wrong and to leave. It was bizarre on multiple levels and more than anything, a call to tell us they would be closing early instead of being met by this person who appeared angry with us for wanting to eat there would have been great.
- just walk-inpr318VIPDined on 3/17/2014We arrived about 10 minutes early for a 7:30 reservation, we were told that we needed to wait until the reservation time as the main dining room was full. Meanwhile, another group came in with no reservation and was also given a 15 minute wait time. We were OK with this and decided to wait at the bar. While at the bar, we see an 2 empty tables that could accomodate us ... giving the benefit of the doubt, we thought that this was not the "main dining room". Lo and behold, 7:30 comes, and voila, we were seated at this table that was already empty when we arrived. To make matters worse, the group without reservation was seated about 5 minutes before us ! Regarding the food, stay away from the seafood bouillabaisse, its VERY salty.Special Features:
- Nice Water ViewToddinDCVIPDined on 3/16/2014Great view of the water from the dining room. Service was good as the staff stays on top of things. Nice wine list and good food options. It was more expensive than I recall Open Table listing, but still good food.
- Excelente!CarolaDined on 3/14/2014Fue una maravilla, desde la comida hasta el servicio. Riquísimo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentgoldrushVIPDined on 3/14/2014My Jumbo Shrimp (LikeMiniLobsterTails) AnD My WifesBeefPaellaWereWonderful. TheAranitasWereMuchTooWelldone- HardlyEdible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Puerto Rico!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2014Loved everything we ordered-- beet cocktail,ceviche, mahi, chicken skewers and banana bread dessert. Our server was great, but it wouldn't hurt the hostess to smile and be welcoming. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- AnnieAnnieDined on 3/13/2014The jumbo shrimp with Lola rice was so delicious !Special Features:
- Great service. Excellent dinner.GFdiningDined on 3/9/2014We wanted authentic Puerto Rican food and Casa Lola came highly rated. The place was packed and a bit noisy with large groups dining. The service was excellent, very quick, spoke English flawlessly and helped with special dietary restrictions. We decided to try 5 or 6 appetizers and most were delicious. The crab cake in plantain was absolutely the best. The vegetarian mofongo was a disappointment as was the calamari. Tuna tartare was served like a Taquiro with a hard shell made with cod fish and the dipping sauce was very joy - this was one of the best mix of flavors. Really enjoyed the mixed salad as well. The red Sangria is as good as all the reviews say. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great San Juan RestaurantlizgDined on 3/8/2014Casa Lola is a great restaurant! It combines the authentic Puerto Rican and local flavors with American cuisine. The food is very, very good. We have been to San Juan 3 times in the last 18months and Casa Lola is always a stop for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great chic Puerto Rican RestuarantMolliDined on 3/7/2014I definitely recommend Casa Lola. It's a very popular place with great ambiance, reminded me of some place out of Miami. All the food was good but I'd have to say to go for the Beef Mofongo; that was probably the best thing I tasted there. The service was great too.Special Features:
- Good food, quite noisyBelgianVisitorDined on 3/7/2014We had some very nice cocktail and starters and main course in this energetic place, where we found quite a lot of people, quite closely packed, and groups of longer tables which were quite noisy (but that may be the local way of doing :-)). Overall a nice experience, would recommend.Special Features:
- Small fish in big pond1nocsanjuanDined on 3/7/2014We made reservation and were seated promptly. Our service was great until a large party of about 40 people were seated in the same small room (we were asked to move down a table to accommodate them) and then our service disappeared and we were unable to even carry on a conversation it was so loud. We were not offered another drink, water was not refilled… we couldn't get out of there fast enough- felt like we crashed someone else's party. Food was good - but we didn't enjoy the ambience AT ALL.Special Features:
- the best dining experiencepattypetDined on 3/3/2014I spent 10 days in the San Juan area, which has a number of excellent restaurants, with great food, ambiance and service. Casa Lola far surpassed my dining experiences in all other restaurants on this trip. Food was the absolute best--mofongo was exquisite, sauce sublime--, service impeccable, attentive and also very genuine and a lovely atmosphere with the lagoon view. But what put it way over the top, amazingly, was when the manager came over to ask about my dining experience; when he found I was motivated to walk from my hotel to come to Casa Lola he escorted me to and paid for a car service to take me back to my hotel. I felt like I was treated like family. This place should be in a top 10 listing for San Juan--no question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findsle22VIPDined on 3/2/2014Food was delicious, cute exterior, interior decor a little cheesy while also being authentic.Special Features: