1006 Ashford Avenue
San Juan, PR 00907Neighborhood:
Puerto RicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casalolarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (787) 998-2918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casa Lola's catering department is available to provide an exceptional culinary experience for your activities.
- Private Party Facilities: Casa Lola is equipped with 4 private dining rooms. The largest of which is a banquet hall that is perfect for cocktail parties and larger events, a private wine cava for intimate groups and 2 rooms perfect for combining dining and meeting. All rooms are private.
- Private Party Contact: Mariceli Marina 7879982918
- Entertainment: Casa Lola will periodically host parties featuring talented, local, live musicians.
- Special Events: Prefixed menu options are available for any type of event.
A word from Casa Lola
Bienvenido! Welcome to Casa Lola, San Juan, Puerto Rico's big, beautiful "New House on the Block." Join Chef Roberto Treviño at his newest haunt in Condado West. Chef's menu features a flavor palette based on his vision of Criollo cuisine, the flavors of the abuelos (grandparents), presented in creative, forward looking manner. Casa Lola promises to become Puerto Ricos's biggest, hottest and freshest Criollo Kitchen and Social Club.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Casa Lola - Best Restaurants in Condado ›
Casa Lola reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (19)romantic (18)fit for foodies (17)good for groups (16)special occasion (16)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Service was rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/22/2014food was mediocre. Next time in San Juan go elsewhere
- Twice in a week!Urimom2Dined on 11/12/2014The food was so good here that we came back twice in the week we were in San Juan. Notable was the Mahi Mahi and the calamari. Very nice atmosphere; beautiful view. If you can, get a window seat or a table close to the window at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite restaurant in Puerto Ricoluv2eatDined on 11/9/2014I just adore this restaurant! I live in Maryland and been to Casa lola 3 times! The food is exquisite and the service is impeccable. I had the same server each time I went by request. NANI is just a doll. I go back because the Skirt steak, mofongo, the fish is the best Puerto Rican food I've ever had! Hands down #1 restaurant in Puerto Rico. The location is great right along Ashford in Condado area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014Having heard and read good reviews of this restaurant, we were very disappointed. If over-fried food is your fancy, then this is your place. We expected better from an "Iron Chef"
- PR with friendsSeptember2013Dined on 10/26/2014Visited the restaurant with friends travelling to San Juan . . . Lola's made our last night on the island a fun one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Option!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014I enjoyed Casa Lola so much while traveling to San Juan, I may just book another trip so I can go there again. Food was amazing. Sangria the best i have EVER had! The manager went out of his way to make my dining experience memorable.Special Features:
- tanyababy04Dined on 10/19/2014Great service, great food and overall great experience at Casa Lola! Although there was a large group of people who were seated in the same area being quite loud, it slightly took away from a quiet Sunday night dinner. However I will definitely be visiting Casa Lola on my next trip to San Juan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, lovely dinneroverboard89Dined on 10/16/2014We had such a delightful waitress who was not only giving us wonderful recommendations for drinks and food, but also for what to do in San Juan. We came in for a conference and just stumbled across this restaurant which wasn't far from the hotel, and we were really glad we did. The sangria was amazing, a very different taste than we were used to. We also had delicious fish for dinner and were extremely tempted to get dessert when someone walked by with a chocolate cake. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- amazingluvcasalolaDined on 10/5/2014The best restaurant I ate at thus far in Puerto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHANGE TO MENUGeneKDined on 10/5/2014Casa Lola has recently changed its menu. Still great options in every area appy and entrees, but we came for the whole fresh fish and no longer carried. apaprently there is some change in ownership. will see when we return.Special Features:
- Creole foodTonyVIPDined on 10/3/2014I visited with my wife and we share the appetizer that was a grouper ceviche with chips (platanutre) , also had plantain fritter (alcapurria) local food was excellent but to expensive for what it is. Main dish was pork skin with risotto and pork fillet good but not exceptional. Overall expensiveSpecial Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Perfect ambiance, food, music, accommodations, service, quality.Special Features:
- nightmare00610Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing Apetizzers. Awesome Sangria. Great Food. Good service..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKitcatDined on 8/30/2014Lovely restaurant with excellent service and outstanding food! Comfortable surroundings and helpful waitstaff! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional food with flair.NportChrisDined on 8/24/2014We went for a special birthday dinner based on NY Times '36 Hours in San Juan' review and were not disappointed. Service (which people seem to complain about it PR so I will start with it) was impeccable. Wait staff checked up on us AT LEAST 5 times and manager checked up twice. Oh, and he took a great pic of us too [thanks, the selfies are getting old!!]. The food: exactly as described, local with a very professional flair. We're from NY, so we know. Outstanding mojitos which was really the only part that cost us NY money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Lola is a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Casa Lola was a very nice restaurant in the Condado district. It is within easy walking distance to La Concha Resort, local hangouts, and shopping. The food was amazing, especially the paella. We were also very happy with the view of the lagoon and the sunset. We preferred this restaurant over Perla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the Casa Lola reviews archive.
- Casa LolaMello76Dined on 7/20/2014Great place and great food and service. Highly recommend whomever is staying in the area great Puerto Rican food and staff is very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!JovaDined on 7/19/2014Wow, great service, great atmosphere and outstanding food. If you are near Condado, a must to go to try Puerto Rico national dishes.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014My husband and I traveled to Puerto Rico for the first time this summer and we only ate authentic Puerto Rican food the entire time! At Casa Lola, we were NOT disappointed! We had some of their specialty appertizers and our first time having paella....I'm officially in love with paella! Whenever we return to PR, we will definitely go back to Casa Lola.Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food great. However, no translations on menu in restaurant so server must recite entire menu. Bring on line menu with you.Special Features:
- Mahi MahiOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/4/2014The mahi mahi was incredible and the risotto was out of this world.Special Features:
- Wow! Amazing Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/2/2014Wow! This restaurant was incredible. By far the best food I've eaten in Puerto Rico in years. The restaurant is classy and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. The food was unbelievable. Especially the paella! Not to heavy, and more than you can finish. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We've been to Casa Lola four or five times. Usually one of our favorites. The most recent visit was a disappointment. Understaffed, with slow and quirky service. They were having a bad night, and I think others waited much longer for their meals than we did. I asked the waiter which wine would be best with the paella and he said "Coca-cola". No kidding! The pork is too salty, by the way - if anyone at the restaurant reads this. Soaked in brine, sure, but there is a limit. Worst of all is the chef's decision to take their wonderful ceviche off the menu. What a dumb move -- they were specifically recommended in the NY Times review and were terrific.
- Yelpers were right again!SteveDined on 6/19/2014Great sangria. We couldn't help ourselves so we ordered the mofongo and paella. Both were excellent...but it was enough for two more people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood MofongoAntgioVIPDined on 5/20/2014Fantastic appetizers; chichoron de pescado was outrageous and the house-made hot sauce was a great accent to bring it to the next level. Seafood Mofongo de Yucca was excellent. Braised brisket was fork tender and flavorful. Dessert did not disappoint...flan was a wonderful ending.Special Features:
- Wow - just wow!ChrisDined on 5/17/2014I booked Casa Lola based on some Trip Advisor ratings. To say we were pleased with the restaurant would be an understatement. The food was outstanding as was the service. Try the Mofongo and Flan. I know that is a little too local to say but wow was it crazy good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CumpleañosPerlaDined on 5/14/2014Super el servicio, la mesa disponible con vista al exterior como se pidio, deliciosa la comida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I was starting to celebrate a girl's night out. The food was amazing. The service was good, but not great. However we had a lot of fun and enjoyed our meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too dark!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014it's bad when your wait staff doesn't speak enough English to help you with the menu and has to lend you a phone because it was so dark you couldn't read the menu! Also the menu needs to have enough explanation that you are comfortable ordering. This place, although beautiful and old historic, was not fun. The food was good, but so are a lot of places very close by. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Casa LolaDannyDined on 4/6/2014We had been considering Casa Lola for our wedding reception. But when we dined there they seated us almost 20 minutes after our reservation time. We had a 12 year old boy with us so they seemed to sit us in the "kid section" back by the kitchen. Noisy babies and large families. We felt like we were in a Denny's. The waitress was great but the food was over cooked (Mahi Mahi). We did like their sweet bread appetizer. We think this might be a good place for couples but we we will never know. It is crossed off our list. This did not turn out well. I am so disappointed because we had heard so much good. This was very disappointing. It seems that maybe they are better set up for the tourist crowd.
- Great Place for Puerto Rican FareNik77Dined on 4/5/2014Loved Everything about the place: Food, Service, Location and our Waiter was GREAT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, cool placeFoodieFunVIPDined on 4/3/2014Casa Lola had a nice vibe, big tables full of groups dining together, live music, generous food with big flavors, and some nice drinks ranging from mojitos to acai liquor. Definitely worth checking out when in Condado.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightalexDined on 3/29/2014we enjoy our dinner a lot , great service good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I had in San JuanEateateatVIPDined on 3/28/2014It was truly the best meal I had in San Juan. The food was amazing!! The crab cakes were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had to go twice in a weekDelishDined on 3/27/2014I was in San Juan for just five days. Casa Lola was reccommended and once i went, I had to go back before I left. It was delicious! The skirt steak and chicken kabobs were outstanding. The house bread is also a real treat. You should go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down best restauranttomaura1Dined on 3/27/2014Hands down best restaurant we went to all week, while on vacation in the Condando section of San Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend recommended thisFussyDined on 3/25/2014A friend recommended this restaurant to me. I was eager to try it given the reputation of the chef. The food was so-so and the service was horrible. I would not recommend it or return to it on future trips to San Juan.
- Casa Lola DeliciosoPackerMidget12Dined on 3/23/2014Chef Trevino has an excellent restaurant in Casa Lola. The service was spectacular As was the food. Our first trip to PR and on recommendation we tried Casa Lola And we're not disappointed! Definitely will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FlavorsFoodieFernDined on 3/20/2014At Lola's you're always going to receive wonderful fresh flavors in traditional Puerto Rican dishes. The chefs at Lola's do an amazing job offering many dilightful tastes with a simple yet good amount of dishes on the menu to choose from. I dislike menu's that are too long and Lola's has just enough to give everyone a good verity without be too lengthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've eaten at Casa Lola beforeSiddDined on 3/17/2014I've eaten at Casa Lola before and the food was great. On this visit, we arrived for our reservation and were told by the hostess they were closed. I pointed out the website said they were open for 3 more hours and she waved us off saying she knows the website is wrong and to leave. It was bizarre on multiple levels and more than anything, a call to tell us they would be closing early instead of being met by this person who appeared angry with us for wanting to eat there would have been great.