Casa Italia Fairfax
10515 Main st
Fairfax, VA 22030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Italia Fairfax
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casaitaliafairfax.net/
- Phone: 7032779555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details
- Private Party Contact: Dan 7032779555x
A word from Casa Italia Fairfax
Casa Italia is now open in the City of Fairfax, across from Truro church. Come join us for lunch in our newly renovated patio area! We offer homemade italian dishes, great wine selections and daily specials from in our lounge area. We can accommodate parties up to 150 guests. Come to Casa Italia for a pleasant, satisfying dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Italia Fairfax reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pretty goodKarenDined on 5/20/2014The food was good, but not fancy. The service was just ok -- not sure if short staffed or what. Pleasant staff but slow service. Would try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayMcDdatenightDined on 5/16/2014The service was okay, because the server was not very attentive. There was a notable lack of seasoning on the pasta dishes, but the seafood was perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Good Deal In Fairfax Cityn2dsouthDined on 5/3/2014Your prices are great. The menu seemed to be lacking for alfredo dishes, with only one listed. Would like to have Italian music playing while dining. The big screen tv in the covered patio was a bit of a distraction during our visit for me, as I could see it from inside the restaurant. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionFoodLoversDined on 4/29/2014My friend and I had not seen each other in several years and ended up at Casa Italia because it was close and had good reviews. We were both really impressed! The food was spectacular and the ambiance great. It was nice and quiet even though there was a large party on the other side of the restaurant. I will definitely be back and have recommended it to several friends.Special Features:
- pretty goodPadrePatriotDined on 3/14/2014The calamari was OK but not great. Too much breading and a little chewy for my taste. However the Marinara sauce to dip it in was excellent! Encouraged by the red sauce, we shared a pasta dish with shrimp and scallops. The sauce was very good, the shrimp were very good but the scallops were just so so. Then we shared the grilled salmon entree with sauteed spinich on the side. Both were excellent, although a bit overpriced, I think. The wine I ordered was out of stock so they gave ma a more expensive one for the same price which i thought was very nice. The only fault in the service was that after the server allowed me to taste it, he did not then pour any into either of our glasses. So a mixed experience, but good overall.
- Excellent service and foodFallsChurch53yrlocalDined on 2/15/2014It felt like the good restauarants of the old days when you were not just another number/customer. They take extra measures to make sure your dining experience it excellent.Special Features:
- Failed ExpectationsTaurus4LionsDined on 2/14/2014Randomly picked Casa Italia Fairfax from a list of restaurants available through OpenTable. In arriving to the restaurant, finding parking was difficult as the parking lot was small and packed. Once parked we went in for an 8pm reservation. While it was Valentine's Day, we were just having a Thursday night dinner. Sadly we ended up having to wait to be seated for about 20 minutes. We opted to sit at the bar until our table was ready. And that's all we could do as the one person who was the bartender was running throughout the restaurant serving wine and the likes. So once we finally were seated we had to wait another 10-15 minutes to order drinks and food. Lastly, it took close to an hour to receive food for us and a lot of tables.
- Valentine's Day disappointmentAngelikaDined on 2/14/2014Casa Italia is very close to our home. We arrived to be seated immediately and ordered a glass of house Cabernet (which tasted watered down) and a beer. We ordered two shrimp entrees from the limited Valentine's Day menu. We finished our drinks and set our empties on the edge of the table when we realized they weren't being noticed. We eventually realized that we had been waiting quite a while, but noticed a table adjacent to us had just gotten their food (and they had arrived and ordered soon after we did). We had been there an hour since our food order. We waved down a server and asked about our food. She never returned. After 90 minutes, we asked to pay our tab at the bar, and weren't charged. Went to eat elsewhere. Disappointing!
- Valentine's Day DisasterbreakfastloverVIPDined on 2/14/2014Upon arrival, they appeared unaware of our opentable reservation. The number of wait staff was entirely inadequate for the dining room; it took 90 minutes for the food to be served; some dishes were hot some were cold; we were seated in their enclosed patio, which was cold and they did not turn on the portable heater until we (and another table) asked them twice. Several tables walked out. In retrospect, we should have done the same.
- Prolly ok, just no major occaisionsBrunchDealConnoisseurDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's and think we got a bad impression. Had a reservation and there were tables available when we arrived, but parking was non-existent. The service was poor with a special menu but they gave you the normal menu for drinks, which showed the regular prices and other food you wanted but couldn't order. Our waiter had difficulty understanding that I wanted a salad before my meal, so I never got it. Our water wasn't refilled enough and we ordered similar items (veal & chicken parmigiana) but they gave us the wrong plates. We finally asked the hostess for our check since the waiter didn't come back. We were told it was a great place just couldn't handle the large crowd on Valentine's day. So I might go back on a non-occasion.
- Valentine's Day Heartbreakdollysdad1Dined on 2/14/2014So I thought I would escape the city and try out this quaint (as described on the website) Italian restaurant. We were greeted with hospitality and the ambiance was ever present. Then reality set in..our waiter acted as if completely aggravated by us at best. He'd literally walk off in the middle of your sentence or question. It really ticked us off. By the time we "finally" got our food, it was actually pretty good. The table next to us seemed to agree on the waiter's escape and evasion tactics. A real shame-good food but not going back. Too many other restaurants in and around DC, MD, and Va.Special Features:
- Huge let down on Valentine's day.DCBooksDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for one of our favorite restaurant's but was very disappointed. Unannounced, they had a limited menu for the holiday which had nothing special or exciting. All the meals on the menu were the usual staples just marked up for the holiday and the selection was poor. What we ordered was good, but not what we wanted. Our server knew nothing about the menu and when I asked about a dish he repeated the name and didn't know how it was prepared. We felt rushed and over-charged. It will be a long time before we visit Casa Italia again.
- Casa Italia, a new favoriteChipperDined on 2/8/2014Last minute pick after shopping and in mood for italian. Open table recommended, so we tried. Parking is tight only one way in/out and lot was full, a good sign. Even with short wait staff, service was great. Food smelled and looked amazing as we watched others being served. Our selections were super: calamari app, chick parm, pasta with scallops/shrimp, tira misu excellent, and prices were lower than we expected. Nice ambience. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Reliably Good ItalianbreakfastloverVIPDined on 1/31/2014Casa Italia is one of our regular Italian fall backs. Its marinara sauce is excellent; the bread is soft and warm and served with oil and parmesian. The owner and host are very friendly and welcoming, which is something that I place a high value on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKHohoreviewDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant was quite empty for a Saturday evening. The waitress had no idea what winery the house red wine (pinot) was from. Bread was mildly warm and OK served with olive oil which was nondescript. My house salad was a good combo of mixed greens, cucumbers and tomatoes. Chicken parm dish was overcooked as was the fettuccine it came with on the side. All in all a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our meal at CasaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed our meal at Casa Italia. The chicken francaise and eggplant parmigiana were well prepared and served quickly and efficiently. We liked the homey atmosphere and friendly welcome we felt from the moment we arrived to the moment we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gwen's review92755Dined on 1/8/2014The food was excellent and we all took home doggie bags. This is my second time at this establishment and I will continue to go there for great Italian meals.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food wasBusybeeDined on 1/7/2014Excellent service, food was great. Was able to accommodate a group of 14 and everyone was pleased with service/food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013Excellent service on New Year's Eve. Our waiter and the entire wait staff was wonderful -- they made the evening delightful. The food was very good, although I've had better Italian meals elsewhere.Special Features:
- Relaxed New Year Dining ExperienceRedtruckDined on 12/31/2013On what is typically a excessively energetic evening, it was nice to dine in a restaurant with a warm "Family Owned" feel. The wait staff working collaboratively and struck a good balance between attentiveness and not being obtrusive. The food was very good and well priced. My wife and I enjoyed the experience and are happy to have "found" this nice local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family enjoyed our NewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013My family enjoyed our New Years Eve dinner without the hassel of waiting for a table while enjoying good food!Special Features:
- It was a perfect for our annualOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2013It was a perfect for our annual Dec 30th get together. Javed let us relax, and didn't rush us at all, even though one couple was quite late due to a flat tire. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was slow but wellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013The service was slow but well worth the wait. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little Jewel in Fairfax CitySusanDined on 12/24/2013We love Casa Italia. The food is delicious, the service is warm and friendly and they have a very nice outdoor area. We had them cater a surpise birthday party for us earlier this year at home and they did a superb job - I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Bad - Will not be going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/24/2013This used to be one of our favorite restaurants but no more. Poor service (almost like we were ghosts) and we had a party of 6. Bread was stale. Food was lukewarm and very long wait to be served. Getting a servers attention was difficult and restaurant was not even overly crowded. It is always sad when you find a restaurant who was on the top of your list to go to the bottom We will not return. I think the original owner may have recently sold this restaurant which could account for the turn of events here.
- Excellent foodtheblakesDined on 12/21/2013We started with the Calamari - which was very lightly battered and fresh - one of the best - good marinara sauce also. I had the Veal parm and wife had the veal Pizzoli - the size of both servings was huge - we each had to take some home - well worth the value. I had the vegetables instead of pasta - which were very tastee and prepared excellently - not mushy. Wife had the linguine with sauce - only complaint is the pasta could have had a bit more sauce - otherwise good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2013We went to this restaurant for a large luncheon party of 17 people. No one had ever eaten there previously. We were accommodated easily, and the food was really good. I had veal parm and was delighted that it was real sliced/pounded veal;a large portion and not overwhelmed by too much sauce and cheese. Lots of warm fresh italian bread was served all around. Everyone received their meals together at the same time, shockingly. Usually a large party like this has a staggered delivery of the food, which leaves some with food cooling off while others have none. The ingress/egress trouble is worth the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service and atmosphereSnickersVIPDined on 12/14/2013wonderful place - we love it because it is quiet and you can carry on a nice conversation while eating. good for people with allergies also. also - mostly a middle aged crowd - no kids running around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked the setting and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2013We liked the setting and our server, but the food was balnd, easpecially for Italian food. Not but, but not as tasty as hoped for.
- patio diningjeffDined on 10/1/2013Perfect night for outdoor dining with a client - comfortable temp, modestly populated restaurant, very good food and very pleasant service. Would definitely return with my girlfriend.Special Features:
- pleasant lunch on a SundayWinterdaughterVIPDined on 8/18/2013We met up with family for a quiet outdoor luncheon. It was not crowded and our service was excellent. I thought it was very reasonably priced and we had a unrushed lovely time catching up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would like more lunch timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2013Would like more lunch time options but overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Perfect Italian PlacePrittiGirlDined on 7/29/2013The restaurant is convenient for parking, location, and a great place to have a quiet meal -- any time of the day or evening. The friendly and courteous service is an added plus. I think I'll make this my go-to preference for Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2013Our party of 6 went for a birthday dinner. Upon entering I asked the host if they had a birthday dessert, he said yes, and I pointed out the recipient. Two children orderen chicken parmesan, the chicken was so over cooked, it could not be cut. Chicken Picatta order was wrong, veggies, not pasta. Waiter readily made it right, but pasta with tomato sauce was not what was anticipated as previous visit had pasta in the chicken and no tomato sauce. Waiter made excelent appetizer suggestions and salad was good. Birthday dessert never came. Disappointed from previous visit. Just did not seem to have it together. Not crowded at all. Waited a pretty long time for dinner, particularly after appetizers and salad came so quickly.Special Features:
- Don't go!TomcatDined on 6/30/2013Food was nothing special, starting with balsamic vinegar. Wait staff changes 2 times when we were sitting down.Special Features:
- Casa Italia is a hidden treasureGloriaVIPDined on 6/23/2013Casa Italia is a hidden treasure in Fairfax. We have dined there several times and it has not been crowded. The food has been great and the service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple food...in a good wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013We dined at Casa Italia for lunch and we were all happy with the food. My pasta dish was very good. It was a simple dish, but the ingredients were fresh and flavorful. The restaurant was quiet, with Italian music playing and the server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2013Casa Italia is a wonderful local restaurant, wonderful food made they way you want it, quiet tables so you can enjoy your friends, and friendly service. I can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the hospitalityTheDysonsDined on 5/18/2013We enjoyed the hospitality of the enter staff that we encountered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2013Hrad working staff, need more professional service training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.