Casa Humo Latin Room
181 Essex Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Latin AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Casa Humo Latin Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://casahumo.com/
- Phone: 2124771550x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Thursday
5:30pm to 1am
Friday to Saturday
5:30pm to 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Netto Bueno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 20 or more
- Private Party Contact: Felix 6462881820x
- Entertainment: TV, Movies and Sport events
Stand-up comedy nights
A word from Casa Humo Latin Room
Casa Humo Latin Room welcomes you to our unique take on the Latin American experience. The food menu offers a wide range of sizeable tapas whilst main courses are available for a bigger appetite. You are guaranteed to find your new favorite amongst our excellent wine selection, or simply savor our famous sangrias in a relaxing and mellow setting whilst listening to tunes by Chambao, Julieta Venegas, Bose and many more. We’d be honored to have you as our guest and a future friend.... Buen provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Humo Latin Room reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A great neighborhood gem!NancyDined on 9/10/2014I returned to this super-cute neighborhood gem after a few months…and I didn't regret it! They've done some changes to the decor and the menu since my last time, but all for the better. I loved one of the new additions on the menu "Mango ceviche" and then tried the Venezuelan arepas with fish - delicious and filling. My date had mussels and the skirt steak, which he complimented. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly, which just created that extra something to an already perfect evening. When we were almost done with our dinner, the bar got busier and clearly was starting to turn more to a late-night scene. It was pretty vibrant and we decided to stay for a couple of more drinks. Thanks Casa Humo for making my date night a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaTDined on 7/25/2014There were some tapas that ran out; so I believe the staff started substituting food for various dishes. My "rosemary" potatoes had avocado in them (or were swapped out for a potato dish with avocados) and I had a raging food allergy reaction after I left. I would not go here again simply because this information was not disclosed, nor was there any indication of what was in the food or that substitutions were being made. The dishes were all over the place (pizza, hummus, skirt steak to mussels) and the sangria was weak. I usually don't write negative reviews but I was very upset with this dining experience.Special Features:
- No show restaurantHelenVIPDined on 7/13/2014When we arrived for our reservation, which had been confirmed the day before by the restaurant, the restaurant was closed!!
- The following 6 reviews are from the Casa Humo Latin Room reviews archive.
- Nice little findNYCchickVIPDined on 6/21/2014I went here over the weekend with my bf on a Groupon deal. The place could use a little sprucing up, though not sure if they were going for a particular look or not. We started off with an arugula and beet salad. This I dont think I would order again as there was nothing spectacular about it. We also ordered a side of spinach sauteed in garlic and oil and for entrees we got the tilapia arepas. This alone is what I would go back for and nothing else. They were absolutely delicious. It came with a side of potato and avocado salad, loaded with avocado chunks. The waiter also gave us a tasting on the house of a pineapple, rose wine and sake drink they make in house. Delicious!Special Features:
- charming art barmonkboyDined on 5/31/2014great place for parties or intimate meetup. This bar reminds me of what the East Village used to be: eclectic happening scene for wine, good food,and music and laughs. You will love the house speciality: the Amorini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chaviDined on 5/23/2014It was a very rainy night, a few people, but nice!we will come back soon.Special Features:
- Great place, outstanding service!HelenDined on 5/15/2014I have visited Casa Humo a few times during last 2 months and will certainly go back. The minute you enter you can feel the atmosphere that comes from the decor, people....well, everything. Their champagne sangria is great, wines are excellent and all the tapas' we have tasted have been sooooooo tasty; fish tacos, halloumi salad etc. Service is everything you could ever wish for; just outstanding. I really recommend Casa Humo for anyone wishing for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved Casa Humo!NancyDined on 4/26/2014We went to Casa Humo Latin Room based on a recommendation by a friend. We were seated by the window in a romantic small table and despite being quite a busy night the service was very attentive without being pushy. Loved the decor with fresh flowers and candles and the unique setting of tables. Now, from the menu I would definitely recommend the fish tacos, feta phyllo rolls, guacamole and the halloumi salad. We only had tapas to share, but I saw some of the main courses which looked yummy, too! Wine selection was a great offering of wines from Latin world - I definitely found a new favourite in a Spanish Albarino. This is the place to wine and dine, and to wind down. Very relaxing but cool at the same time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotPieceOfCakeDined on 4/10/2014I thought this was a great little spot, especially for a date. Not very busy, pretty good food, and wine is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.