688 10th Ave
New York, NY 10026Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.chelseadining.com/Casa_Havana/menu.html
- Phone: 2122439421
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 9:00am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 9:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Casa Havana
Casa Havana, on 10th Avenue in Hell's Kitchen is a tasty Cuban diner with affordable prices. There are specials like $1 empanadas every Sunday from 4:00pm - 7:00pm and Pig Roasts every Monday & Tuesday. Be sure to visit the outdoor garden this summer for the refreshing Mojitos and Daiquiris.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Havana reviews from OpenTable diners
- OMGLuv2DineDined on 5/10/2013Terrible experience, after making reservations to what looked like a nice decent place (with outdoor dining) and drinks (2 for the price of 1) for Mother's Day we come to a hole in the wall (literally), place didn't have outdoor dining, no drinks (disappointing), and the place was as hot as a sauna (even with the doors wide open). So upsetting we took a can here to have to walk toward TS to get a good ambience, food, music and DRINKS.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/1/2013Diner setting. Friendly servers. Great breakfast menu. Large Empanadas but not the best. Overall okay for a quick bite. Only for breakfast though.Special Features:
- It's a hole in the wall, forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013It's a hole in the wall, for sure, but the food was OUTSTANDING and the price was right. Took a group of my students visiting from Oklahoma and everybody raved about the food. We'll definitely keep this place on our list for our next trip!Special Features:
- Some of the best Cuban foodEBake928Dined on 2/8/2013Some of the best Cuban food you will find in the city.Special Features:
- This is a tiny "hole in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/20/2012This is a tiny "hole in the wall" find with tasty Cuban food. It's a nice late night find, or lunch spot. There were only two waitresses though, and our wait for service was longer than we would have liked, especially for the check to be settled, particularly when we found out it was a cash only establishment and had to go out to get money from an atm.Special Features:
- Way too much rice in a paellaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2012Way too much rice in a paella without much seafood (which was overcooked anyway.) THe sangria was tasty, but short of alcohol. The shredded beef was tough, and not very tasty. The empenadas were good. Won't go back.
- Tables were available whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Tables were available when we arrived. Even though we reserved a table, the reservation wasn't needed. You ran out of Tamals, and there wasn't any Chicharrón (this was the one dish I most looked forward to). All in all, we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Just because the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2012Just because the restaurant looks like the old dinner, it does not mean that it is bad!! I was very impressed by their food! It was good! I am super happy that I stepped out of my luxurious choice of restaurant and tried this place!Special Features:
- Cheap and the food is superb/largeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Cheap and the food is superb/large portions. Their hot sauce is amazing. Try the cubano-special.Special Features:
- Food was sort of bland. BestMeatsVIPDined on 1/29/2012Food was sort of bland. Best dish was the steak. Don't waste your time on the arepa or appetizers.
- Authentic Cuban food and musicManhattaniteVIPDined on 1/13/2012Authentic Cuban food and music for sure. Reasonably priced. Attentive waiters/waitresses. We had late lunch (1:30pm). Pulled pork with yellow rice and red beans were perfect. Margarita and daiquiri were very good as well. Quick service. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Surprised this is an OpenDinerVIPDined on 9/24/2011Surprised this is an Open Table restaurant. Cash only. Mediocre food. Diner-like atmosphere. So many great restaurants in the area. Skip this & pick a better table in Chelsea.
- Not a big dealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011the food was and drinks were really , but the virtual tour made the place seem better online than in person. Casa Havana is good if you're hungry and don't wanna get all dressed up. i was disappointed that the garden was closed , it almost seemed as if they didn't actually have a garden because when i asked about it the waitress gave me a weird look. overall its cool if you live in the area and you wanna go there or order food to your home but its not worth traveling for. Not romantic at all and i wouldn't go in a group. all the drinks are 5 bucks which is goodSpecial Features:
- This is perhaps the most inexpensivErwinVIPDined on 8/10/2011This is perhaps the most inexpensive place to eat in Chelsea. If you like Cuban dishes, then you will definitely feel at home here. The place looks cheap, the music could be loud and the service quick and snappy. There is a selection of fun mixed drinks and if the weather is good, there is even outdoor dining in the back yard. You don't come here for fine cuisine and definitely not a place to take a date :-)Special Features: