Casa Di Pepe
189 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Di Pepe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casadipepeofdelray.com/
- Phone: 5612797371
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar
A word from Casa Di Pepe
Come taste our distinctive Italian cuisine featuring fresh, locally grown ingredients prepared in modern combinations. Whether you choose seafood, chicken, beef or pasta, you can experience the most authentic and delicious Italian food in South Florida. Enjoy our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a casual atmosphere in the heart of Delray"s trendy Pineapple Grove Arts District.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Casa Di Pepe - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Casa Di Pepe reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014The octopus appetizer was excellent. Pasta was prepared excellently.Special Features:
- Very Good Italian - Great serviceMikePDined on 9/5/2014Friday night business dinner. I started with the grilled octupus salad - done perfectly. The menu is basic italian. I went with the Spaghetti and Meatball. Spot on. Great meatball and sauce. Service was prompt and efficient, and the owner was out and about checking on everything. Looks like a nice wine list, although I do not drink much wine. Beers are limited - they had tap and 1 bottle available. Parking was easy on street or across the street in the parking lot (free).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Di PepescratcheaterDined on 8/30/2014Food is excellent..`servings are adequate..chef will modify menu items to your liking or at times make non-menu items to your request.Special Features:
- Best Italian in DelrayDelrayDivaVIPDined on 8/29/2014We consider the pasta at Casa de Pepe to be the best in Delray - and we have eaten at every one. The pasta is firm but tender, the sauces are light (not heavy like in some Italian restaurants), and the cheeses (especially the ricotta) is perfect. They have a HUGE meatball that I like to eat as an entree. The vodka sauce is lighter than any I have had - it doesn't make you feel heavy after eating. We recommend this restaurant STRONGLY. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Casa Di Pepe - Delicioso!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful meal with good friends. We were able to have a conversation and hear ourselves speak. Didn't have to compete with blaring music like you do in restaurants along Atlantic Avenue. The food was great. The mozarella infused with black truffle oil appetizer was superb. Everything we ordered was delicious. Service was good and the chef was frequently in the dining room making sure the food was to our liking. The atmosphere in the restaurant reminded me of the trattorias that you can discover while wandering down a side street in Rome. Everything from start to finish was amazing. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $16.95 for Caprese Salad ….delray200Dined on 7/19/2014We live in Delray and dine out at least once per week. We were greeted warmly by the staff and service was great. The menu is modest and the prices generally comparable to Atlantic Avenue. There’s something for everyone: pasta, seafood, chicken, veal, and vegetarian. Our portions were were large and flavorful, but the fresh tomato basil sauce was exceptionally salty. The biggest surprise of the evening was a $16.95 charge for a Caprese salad with 4 slices of fresh buffalo mozzarella accompanied by 4 slices of hard, tasteless, almost white tomato and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Wow! Even Tramonti charges far less for their Caprese salad. We enjoyed this neighborhood dining experience, but lost our enthusiasm when we received the bill.Special Features:
- Great find!!bocabrokerDined on 7/18/2014We picked Casa de Pepe for a friends birthday surprise... but were surprised by the quality of everything there! From the waiter Jason who was there when we needed him and not there when we were just talking, to the chef/owner who came out to make sure things were ok with everyone to all the rest of the staff who were friendly as can be. The food was excellent. The eggplant rollatini as an appetizer was more than enough for 3 to share and was excellent. The grilled octopus appetizer was equally a good. We all had fish for our entries, all prepared differently and all wonderful. Right down to the homemade desserts, everything was perfect. We will definitely be back and will recommend it to all our friends.Special Features:
- Best Italian food at Delray BeachDiningKatDined on 7/11/2014The owner & Chef, Jerry, has been at this location for 4 years. We visited Delray Beach 3 years ago & asked at our hotel which Italian restaurant was the best in the area. They told us to get off Atlantic Ave & hit Casa di Pepe's Trattoria Italia on 2nd Avenue. They said we would not be disappointed. We were not! The restaurant has a cozy dining room. When the weather is nice, enjoy eating at an outside table under an umbrella. Your waiters, Michael and Chris, are attentive and will help you choose a dinner made to your preferences. In addition to the menu choices, Jerry has specials that include fresh catch with his unique finishes. After dinner, enjoy the homemade deserts! Prices are very reasonable. We never miss dining at Jerry'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LongIslanderDined on 6/28/2014First time diner here. Will be back. terrific staff & Pep the owner/chef went out of his way to please us. Good food, moderate prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple PleasureDougWDined on 6/10/2014Based on Trip Advisor ratings we tried Case di Pepe. It is a block off the main street on NE Second Ave but worth the walk. Not fancy but don't turn around. We were warmly greeted by the owner Jerry, great service by the right hand man Chris. The food was simple and beautifully prepared. Started with Caprese which was classic and great. We asked to split a special which was pasta purses with four cheeses and a slice of pear for an appetizer which they were happy to do ... yes sounds unusual but was delicious. On their recommendation we tried the Marsala, and Francese which were lovely. A recommendation of an affordable full bodied red wine and it was a great night. Comfortable relaxed dining experience with really well prepared dishes.Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable eveningBnBHDined on 6/7/2014It was our second visit. The food & service was excellent. We will keep coming back! A great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Casa Di Pepe reviews archive.
- Best Italian in DelrayDelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant is REALLY good. They do spectacular things with fish and the pasta is delightful. The service is excellent and the servers really know their menu. This is absolutely worth the walk off Atlantic Avenue!Special Features:
- PidgeDined on 5/16/2014Great people, perfect service and delicious food. All right here in our very own neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PlaceKRLdinesDined on 5/15/2014We visited Casa di Pepe when there was a special event happening on the streets of Pineapple Grove. Great venue to people watch and still feel in the activity -- and enjoy Italian food and the generous hospitality from the staff of the restaurant.Special Features:
- JUDYVIPDined on 5/10/2014I first went to Casa Di Pepe on the recommendation of a friend. I was so happy I did. The staff is so courteous and efficient. The food was outstanding. I had the night's special of Snapper Francoise with sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts , with a light lemon, wine & butter sauce. it was the best I've had in a long time. Good bread, with good olive oil and balsamic accompanies the meal. We ended with a beautiful light Tiramisu made by chef Pepe. I am telling my friend about my new find on Pineapple Grove. I will DEFINATELLY be back !Special Features:
- Consistently good foodbraemomDined on 5/10/2014We ate here for the second time and we were very pleased. The food is authentic Italian and is really delicious. The service was excellent and accommodating. We ate outside. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Dinner With Friendsrap51Dined on 5/10/2014We were a party of six. This was our first time at the restaurant. Michael was our waiter and did an excellent job He is personable, knowledgeable and efficient. My wife asked about the octopus. He recommended it with enthusiasm. It was excellent. The restaurant was accommodating in modifying entrees to suit individual tastes. Food was of high quality. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Rebate here twice now and loved it both times. The service was superb. Each meal. Well very very tasty. We were staying at the Hyatt right down the street so it is especially convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerGaryVIPDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I were greeted by the owner the moment we arrived. We were seated outside which was beautiful..the staff was friendly and very informative about the menu. Service was excellent and the food was great...we shared the Calamari and Lettuce Wedge appetizer which was delicious and two pasta dishes for dinner. We will definitely come back again soon.Special Features:
- GREAT ItalianDelrayDivaVIPDined on 4/4/2014With so many choices for Italian food, it's hard to pick a best one. However, Casa de Pepe is right up there at the top. It is our go-to restaurant for pasta. The alla Vodka is delicious - very light - not heavy like it usually is. It is my favorite on the menu.Special Features:
- was hoping for a neighborhood gem..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014Service was very attententive but found the food to be adequate and nothing special. Was hoping to really enjoy the food based on some of the previous reviews. Will try again to be fair.
- Really greatLinnyDined on 3/29/2014Casa di pepe is the only place my grandma will go in Delray. It's easy, tasty, and friendly. The family thAt runs it is super nice and does a great job. Go there with the family. Sure to impressSpecial Features:
- Only Wine and Beer but...foodieVIPDined on 3/21/2014Food was quite good and tasty. Service was very good. All staff friendly. Good choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time..and we'll be backjolen0623VIPDined on 3/21/2014We loved the friendly atmosphere the owner and his staff provided. We also enjoyed eating outside on the nice patio...and the menu was varied both in offerings and price points. We enjoyed our dinner very much and will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italianRschagrinVIPDined on 3/7/2014Went on a Friday night and the restaurant was half full, maybe due to a cold night. Started with Buffalo caprese, just ok. I had a special monkfish fra diablo, very good over angel hair pasta with clams and mussels. One person had chicken parm, another Quattro fromage ravioli which they really liked and the last person had a very good red snapper special. Very good bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, great pasta,SusanVIPDined on 3/1/2014Friendly staff, great pasta, good food, can sit outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JudyPVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were a group of four. I've been here before and it was as great as the first time. We all had specials. They were cooked to perfection! This is now on our list of favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerSusanilaDined on 2/28/2014As a new Fl resident, I have had house guests several weekends a month. I almost always chose Casa Di Pepe for a nice dinner out, especially during the season when Atlantic Ave is so crowded and noisy it has become the favorite of my guests, as well. You can't go wrong here, as there is something for everyoneSpecial Features:
- We loved this place! The foodMarioochDined on 2/26/2014We loved this place! The food was outstanding and the service was excellent! Can't wait to go back with friends and family. This place is a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd visitEZeeeeDined on 2/21/2014Excellent again. Great staff and very good food. This is up there with Tramontis but not directly on Atlantic ave. Overall a great experience and much easier to park than directly on the avenue. Will go back again. I have been there three times and each time was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedVisitorDined on 2/19/2014Special of the day (breaded red snapper with artichoke and sundried tomato) didn't have much flavor, and too much sauce made breading soggy so it just fell off. Pasta dishes were ok but not memorable. Ambience much less polished than neighboring joints, which were also more lively. Several blocks walk from Atlantic Ave. in Delray Beach.Special Features:
- We sat outside so it was prettysuegDined on 2/17/2014We sat outside so it was pretty quiet which is what we wanted for a larger group (6) so we could hear. Not a special ambiance though.The salad was slightly overdressed but a good flavor for the dressing. The stuffed artichoke is a bit too much butter and breadcrumbs. The snapper special was good but again a bit too much butter.Special Features:
- Great spotLeonDined on 2/7/2014Always have good experience here. Owner will even tweak some dishes to please.Special Features:
- A gem away from the crowdsHoyahbhDined on 2/3/2014We wanted to eat here last year but for a variety of reasons, never got to it so it was the first place we went upon ourvreturn to Delray for the month of February. We were greeted by Michael, our server, who was full of personality and very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. Followed his recommendations for main courses and it was worth it. Food was prepared perfectly with abundant portions. Salad starters were shareable as were the main courses. Restaurant is a short 2 block walk off the main street (Atlantic Ave) so you don't have to deal with the crowds, noise and dogs in strollers,sitting at the tables. Will definitely make avreturn visit this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ran out of CoffeeBoyntonBoyVIPDined on 2/1/2014We opened with the stuffed artichoke, which was very good. The wine list was very limited. The main dishes were Ok, nothing great. I had eggplant Parm which I would not order again. My wife pasta and clams which she said was Ok. The piece de résistance was my wife and I ordered decaf coffee and waiter returned with one cup informing us they were out of decaf regular and espresso.
- Great Italian!ElleVIPDined on 2/1/2014Casa Di Pepe was great from start to finish. We were warmly welcomed by the staff, and had a lovely table outside by the piano player on a warm Sat. night. The service, and authentic Italian food was wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food in Perfect LocationLucindaDined on 1/18/2014We dined at Casa di Pepe on a busy Saturday night. Even thought the restaurant was packed, we enjoyed great service and delicious food. All of the items we ordered were fantastic- everything tasted fresh made. You can taste that all the sauces are made from scratch. We all enjoyed our meals thoroughly. We have been there many times and it is always a charm. The chef-owner greets the guests and ensures that everyone is well taken care of. Casa di Pepe is the perfect neighborhood restaurant and we highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little placeAlanr762Dined on 1/18/2014Really liked it. Being n pineapple grove, the area was quiets but right near the heart of Atlantic Ave in Delray. Food was excellent, service was very good, but waiters assistant was a bit inexperienced. Otherwise, a great night out.Special Features:
- My go to restaurantSusanilaDined on 1/18/2014It's my go-to restaurant in Delray and Boca-- great food, quiet atmosphere, close to Atlantic Ave with none of that drama. Especially love the home made pastas shaped like little purse-raviolis stuffed with 4 cheeses and a surprise bit of pear. Chris and Michael are the waitstaff that have been there for some time, they, like Gerry, the owner chef, great me warmly and provide exceptional service, every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beat!NancyDined on 1/4/2014If you wander only one short block off Atlantic Avenue, you will have a rare dining experience. Talented, hard-working chef; attentive servers; lovely al-fresco dining; mostly homemade pasta; give this place a try and you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.