Casa di Amici
2301 Nalo Rd.
Koloa, HI 96756Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
Casa di Amici
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.casadiamici.com/
- Phone: (808) 742-1555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm to closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Noah Blair
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire about offsite events.
- Private Party Facilities: Outside deck with 20-25 seating...
- Private Party Contact: Noah Blair 8087421555x
- Entertainment: Grand Piano music on Friday and Saturday
A word from Casa di Amici
Located in a quiet neighborhood above beautiful Poipu Beach, Casa di Amici has been preparing our wonderful cuisine for over 23 years. The menu is 20% classic Italian and the rest is international-ecclectic and very cross cultural cuisine. The use of organic greens and vegetables grown on the island and in our own garden help create a unique dining experience. Chef Noah Blair loves to use rissoto as a component in many dishes with influences from Spain, Thailand, China,France,as well as Italy. Off the beaten path, the restaurant has a reputation of being "the hidden gem of Poipu."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Casa di Amici - Best Restaurants in Koloa ›
Casa di Amici reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (14)romantic (11)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Really is a GemHelosalesVIPDined on 11/13/2014Found this under the radar establishment on OT and was delighted. Great food and service. Great ambiance. Would highly recommend if you are worn out by the big name places in Poipu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPataneRandyDined on 11/7/2014Excellent dining experience. This was our second meal at the restaurant and we will return again. The atmosphere is quiet and casual, very relaxing. Our meal was excellent. We had two items from the regular menu...the Japanese salmon and shrimp dish and the veal marsala. Both simply excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotAndy12355Dined on 11/5/2014Owner wife and son plus others Great team Good service Great wines at reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad I found it!JoeyVIPDined on 11/4/2014This restaurant is tucked away in a residential neighborhood. We had a good table where we enjoyed wine and tasty appitizers. The main entrees we asked about were explained not only by waiter but by the owner/chef himself (tableside)- first time that happened to us! The food choices were adequate with some specials, and our choices an asian pork special and shrimp scampi type entree were great. Waiter Tom was attentive at start, but failed after he had to wait on additional tables. He never checked back after serving entree, left us hanging with plates in front of us, so we did not order desserts because of this. The bill was another long wait to get it and then to pay. A very enjoyable evening only ruined by lack of good service.-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingHeidaluluDined on 10/31/2014Appetizer, salad and dinner were all good. Service was ok, the waiter was not very attentive and seemed distracted. Nothing really stood out as making it an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTableDinerDined on 10/28/2014The food and service at Casa di Amici is always excellent. We haven't visited there in several years and were pleasantly pleased that it was still as good as ever and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SausagesharkDined on 10/14/2014the Nero Fettachini was outstanding!!! best fresh sausage and copa I've ever had..home made on site..spicey yet very flavorful..chef knows his ingredients and blends them perfectly....a must try!!!Special Features:
- Glad Original Owners are Back!KelGolfNutVIPDined on 10/10/2014Try this restaurant for the first time or again. The owners and staff are so warm and welcoming. The food is delicious, drinks are nice and the open air setting is perfect! This restaurant had been sold and the food went down hill, so go back it is worth a fabulous meal. We had the lacquered salmon and sausage eggplant lasagna, both with amazing taste.Special Features:
- Incredible find!Goodtaster1Dined on 10/8/2014We'd been searching for this hidden gem for years since we heard about its reputation for fine cuisine. We found it on our first bike ride, and we made a resv for my husband's bday. The meal and service were outstanding. Unique and creative dishes, huge portions and attentive wait staff. Food is rich so next time we'll order accordingly. Wonderful calamari appetizer, excellent butternut squash risotto with almond-crusted salmon and fabulous bananas foster. Only complaints were too many enticing choices😃 Will have to return to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food qualityLAPrimeTravelzoo1Dined on 9/22/2014We were recommended to this restaurant as a do not miss while in Poipu area. We were extremely pleased with the food preparation, quality and price. I highly recommend making this a dinner choice. The chef's are under the superb direction of Randall Yates, and his recipes and menu are delightful.Special Features:
- LynnLynnDined on 9/20/2014Dinner for all five of us was wonderful. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemtorchyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Tucked away in a residential area is this charming Italian restaurant with some interesting international items from Thai to Duck Confit. While I can't speak to the Thai the lady at the next table described her Duck Confit as "amazing" and I can vouch that our Italian dishes would have been delicious to the last morsel except neither my wife nor I could eat that much. She chose a house specialty that combined prawns (tails removed) and linguini with a myriad of other ingredients and flavors (garlic for sure) that burst in your mouth. Yes I tasted. My dish was not on the menu but I combined the gnocchi side with their sugo pomodoro from another dish and never were feather light pillows combined with such a succulent, thick reduced sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014We recently ate at Casa di Amici. While the food was very good, the service was some of the worst we have ever had! It seemed that the waiters just forgot we were there. The owner actually came to our table (dishes cleared and we had been sitting there for half an hour waiting for a desert menu) didn't ask how things were didn't ask if he could get us anything, only poured us some water and said "I don't want you to cramp up" Really????
- Awesome service and foodJayODined on 9/4/2014Thought for a change we would try an Italian meal and was pleasantly surprised at how good this place wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must while in KauaiKauaijunkieVIPDined on 8/28/2014Yes there is Roy's and The Beach House…but don't discount Casa di Amici. The artful presentation, the combination of spices…thinking outside of the box. The risotto ( on the appetizer menu but entrée sized) is a perfect example. The Italian entrees are always well done. Save room for the Banana's Foster.Special Features:
- Amazing food, passionate staffScottWDined on 8/26/2014This was our second visit here and we were very impressed. I ordered the Chinese Roasted Pork on Carbonara Risotto and my wife had the Veal Piccata. Both were excellent but we agreed that my dish was completely over the top. The entire front staff including owner/chef Randal made multiple visits to our table to check on us and each shared a true passion for what they do. We felt like we'd had lessons in gourmet cuisine after hearing of how they cure their own meats and prepare the dishes we were considering. Tucked away in a neighborhood, it's a little hard to find but well worth the effort. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- The Best Food on Kauaigmgleo814Dined on 8/23/2014This charming restaurant is nestled a few blocks from the shoreline but has all the ambiance and charm desired for a beautiful night out and dinner, with a grand pianist on weekends who really knows his stuff and plays nearly continuously and flawlessly during the evening. The food and service was absolutely outstanding with many fresh fish selections and other items on the menu to tickle your pallet. GREAT PLACE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJkrich49Dined on 8/14/2014We went a little apprehensive of previous reviews, but our experience was excellent. The service was spot on, always available. We started with Calamari on a caper sauce that was very good. My wife had Veal Piccata & I had grilled Salmon. The portions were generous and cooked perfectly. The wine list is island pricey, to be expected. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem is an understatementNuffyontourDined on 8/13/2014Wow. Our second visit here and it did take some finding but it was our most memorable meal on Hawaii both times. The menu has so many excellent options it took our table ages to actually get to a decision. Every dish exceeded expectations. The owners (disguised as the water boy and waitress and he is also head chef) and wait staff were really welcoming and made our dinner so much more enjoyable. Wine list was good. Certainly the best, high quality and most interesting food we have had on the islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, wonderful service!LovekauaiDined on 8/12/2014We have been coming to Kauai for 18 years and have exhausted every other restaurant. Decided to try out this tucked away restaurant, knowing we would be giving up a night out staring at the ocean. I wish we would've done this years earlier! Delicious food, we shared "family style" and chose 4 dishes. Everything was amazing and big portions! The staff was friendly and so attentive. We will definitely keep this hidden gem on our rotation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Casa di Amici reviews archive.
- Down & DisappointedRuthieDined on 6/30/2014It was a BIG disappointment as service was lousy. We didn't see the waiter after he took our order. Caesar Salad drenched with dressing and had to return. Mushroom & polenta dish was alright. Bread brought to the table without telling us there is a charge $4. Not a place where local residents are given good service. Visitors seemed to get all the attention. The check came with tip included and the service wasn't even worth a $52 tip! Guess we won't be dining here again. I think owner is getting ready to retire.......
- Can't keep us away!Kauai1215Dined on 6/27/2014We've been eating at Casa di Amici for 10 years! This latest trip we've been there twice in one week. The food is outstanding! If you want a fantastic meal and don't want to pay the extremely high prices that most of the high end Poipu restaurants want - this is your place! We are a group of 7 (kids to seniors) and they are extremely accommodating. Great menu and full bar. It can be tricky to find so be sure you have directions or a good map.Special Features:
- PricesArcherDined on 6/15/2014Although food was good, prices seemed on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa di Amici is ALWAYS exceptionalFoodieFunVIPDined on 6/12/2014We come to Poipu once or twice a year for 3 to 4 nts each trip. When we are in the South Shore, we eat EVERY night at Casa di Amici - and LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!! The food is exceptional, and Randall and Joanna are as gracious and kind as one could hope for...thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLloydVIPDined on 6/7/2014Staff was very attentive and friendly. The food was well prepared, and the portions were very generous. It is a little out of the way, but worth finding while you are staying here. One of the best on the island. Lots of choices on the menu!!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 5/28/2014Outstanding food. One of a kind on Kauai. I had a dinner special, Lasagna that was the best I have ever had. My wife had the Ahi which she loved. The couple with us had the Duck which I tried and found it to be spectacular. His wife had the chicken gorgonzola over pasts that she said was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureAZWartsDined on 5/22/2014We found Casa di Amici several years ago while in Kauai & enjoyed the meal then. It's tucked away in a neighborhood, bring a map or smart phone for navigation. While we thoroughly enjoyed the meal & service this time as well, there was also a guest piano player that we enjoyed immensely. Was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShanaDined on 4/22/2014I wish we would have found this place sooner! In my opinion, one of the best places to eat in Kauai. The server allowed my father to taste a sauce prior to ordering. We ordered more 'tapas' style, which allowed for more tastes. The food was of good quality, wonderful flavors, and some very unique blends. We truly enjoyed our meal and hope that others find this hidden gem!Special Features:
- AWFUL, NON-EXISTENT SERVICERainbowConnectionDined on 4/14/2014We had a reservation - arrived & stood at entrance for 10 minutes before anyone showed up to seat us. We were seated at last, given menus & 2 glasses of water. That was it!! Not a single person stopped at our table after that - no drinks - nothing- not even the common courtesy to say "someone will be with you soon". So, we sat there for 30 minutes (we timed it). We're patient people, but this was crazy. Finally, we left.-very weird treatment- never experienced at any restaurant ever. We read other reviews about their lack of service, but didnt let that hamper our decision to go. We didn't even taste the water, so we wouldnt know what anything tastes like. So can't rate the food at all. Based on rude treatment, wouldn't recommend it.
- Much better options availableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2014Staff was nice, but slow. View is of the parking lot. Food costs $$$$ but was overpriced. We booked on Open Table but confirmed by phone changing the time. When we arrived 15 mins early (new time), the place only had two other tables active, but the server said we had goofed them up by coming early. Plenty of other great places to eat in the area that are on the water and cost less. No need to add this one to the list.
- Best sauces, risotto, gnocchi!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/2/2014Best sauces, risotto, gnocchi! Very creative menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedJVPonKauaiVIPDined on 3/30/2014This has been one of our favorite places in Poipu. Slightly off the beaten path, less touristy. We have heard that things had changed, but were not ready for what happened. We had six people. We all ordered salads, but after a full half hour wait, only four showed up. An appetizer came out with the entrees after another half hour wait. And then to cap off the night, they added a 20% gratuity to the tab (most places do this for 8 or more). Needless to say it will be a long time before we come back!!!
- Decent ItalianBobMcCDined on 3/29/2014My Lobster Bisque app was delicious. My Fettucini Nero was good... Quite spicy, but I didn't mind. Lots of spicy sausage. Wife's Linguini with shrimp was a bit over salty... Proberly because of the capers. The garlic park bruschetta was disappointing... They used a std sub bun instead of a good baguette or Italian breadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not exceptionalBenGunnDined on 3/26/2014Disappointing over all. Casa di Amici seems to be struggling to live up to its reputation for a fine dining experience. The menu is innovative enough, but the execution is heavy handed. Sauces are heavy and lack nuance or subtlety. No separate checks for groups over four, with a mandatory 20% gratuity for service that rated 10% at most, so reserve separate tables and push them together if you will not all be ordering the same price meal or if you want your gratuity to reflect your experience. The ambiance and décor are nice and servings are generous, so Casa di Amici has the potential to please. I might give it another try if we return next year.Special Features:
- Disappointed by the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014This was our 3rd visit to this restaurant, in as many years, and we have raved about the food and servicei to others in the past. Unfortunately the poor service that we received at this last visit will stop the recommendations. Our dinner at Casa D'amici was in celebration of our son in law's birthday (we were a party of 6). The birthday itself was barely acknowledged by our server and the service was overall fair to poor. The restaurant was not busy during our visit with numerous empty tables apparent. Considering the 20% added gratuity to our bill of $372, we expected very good to exceptional service, as we had experienced previously, not fair to poor). Sadly we will be seeking somewhere new for our next "special dinner out" in Kauai.Special Features:
- Poor service; mediocre foodDinerOutDined on 3/22/2014Casa di Amici was recommended to us by a friend. We were disappointed with the experience. The server seemed put off that we were even there. Paid $12/plate for buttered noodles for our kids, which I found to be obscene. Overall, food was mediocre at best. By far the worst dining experience we had on Kauai.
- Portion sizes too much: appetizerKamakahinanaDined on 3/21/2014Portion sizes too much: appetizer was almost a meal by itself. Pinot Gris from Oregon was sub-par. Service was fine, but recall food having been better during past visits to Casa Di Amici. Would still recommend the restaurant to a friend, but with the caution to be very careful selecting one 's entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We won't be backCassiecatVIPDined on 3/13/2014We have eaten at Casa di Amici a number of times before. It was always good to very good. The food this time was not good - the duck was over-done, the sage in the sauce seemed out of place both in terms of taste and in terms of texture. The scampi was filled with peppers, which really didn't belong. My salad was good, but the calamari was too heavily breaded. Our server worked hard, but they were simply understaffed. It's too bad, as this a is place we used to enjoy.
- New owner but same great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014We have been frequenting this restaurant for 17 years and we were a bit taken to hear it was sold to a new owner but we were pleased to find out the new owner was a long time family friend and that the food was still the same. We will return for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service by "Hollywood".LynardDined on 3/2/2014"Hollywood" readily handled our group of 6, and had no problem splitting the bill as requested. Great sense of humor. Excellent knowledge of the menu items; making appropriate recommendations. Compliments to the chef!Special Features: