Casa De Cobre
14560 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Casa De Cobre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casadecobre.com/
- Phone: 408-867-1639
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - close, Friday: 4:00pm - close, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Marcelino Hernandez Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Welch 408-867-1639
- Special Events: Casa de Cobre will be opening at 3pm for Mother's Day.
A word from Casa De Cobre
Casa de Cobre is Comida Mexicana at its best! The award wining team from The Basin now brings you Casa de Cobre! "The Copper House" in honor of the beautiful pueblo of Santa Clara del Cobre, in the great state of Michoacan, Mexico. Famous for its artisan copper works, kind people, and incredible food. Everything we do is made in house and to order. Our Meats are chemical and hormone free, our fresh fish is always sustainably caught, produce organic when ever possible. Our Margaritas are made to order from hand squeezed Mexican limes and agave nectar! We look forward to serving you soon!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa De Cobre reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (16)special occasion (13)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- over priced for cheap ingredientsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I went there and our expectations were high since a friend of ours had recommmended the place. 1. First of all, you get free chips and salsa everywhere, here, you have to pay. 2. Second, I ordered a trout and it came over white rice (who eats white rice any more?) and a tomatoe sauce, I thought those are very cheap ingredients for a $25.00 simple plate. 3. We both orderes margaritas mine was jalapeño hibiscus, on the sour side, but drinkable, my husband's was so sour that had to be returned, and fixed. 4. There was a big party in the same room, it was so loud that we just wanted to leVe as soon as we finished eating. (A couple that got there after us, requested to be moved) 5. The service can improve. Loved the tortillasSpecial Features:
- TNTTDined on 10/18/2014The food and margaritas were great as usual. The service was not up to the usual standards at Casa. Our waiter disappeared for long periods of time. We seemed to be forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little mexican restaurantEnjoyfishplacesDined on 10/17/2014We didn't sit outside, but I would like to on a warm summer night. Clean place with nice decor. We ordered guacamole and chips. It came with two salsas and a nice bowl of tomatoes. Delicious. I ordered the fish tacos, because I order them everywhere. These fish tacos were really delicious. The fish was fresh, not battered/deep fried. We also ordered both the cucumber margarita and the purist margarita. Both excellent. We kept switching back and forth because they were so good.Special Features:
- sometimes you gamble and win!RobeanDined on 10/12/2014Chose this gem of a place to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Just a nice quiet and romantic dinner. What we discovered was a tremendous place for cuisine and ambiance and A+ service. The outdoor seating area is really quaint and well done. Was perfect for a summer afternoon. Early Sunday dinner was a great time to go as there wasn't too much of a crowd. My wife ordered the carnitas tacos and I chose a seafood paella. Wow what a delicious adventure. Margarita and tequila menus were also tremendous. Chocolate molten cake for dessert sent me home without any room left for ... Well anything else. We're definitely going back, and I'd of course recommend it. Look forward to the next time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchBorn4wineDined on 10/12/2014Large brunch menu, so far every dish has been very good. High-end mexican-style food. Outdoor seating is nice for watching the weekend motorcyclists and cyclists go by.Special Features:
- Casa De CobraOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Most of the food was fantastic, a couple of dishes were ok, not great. The service was slow but attentive and friendly. Could have been better but mostly a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa never disappoints!sherbearVIPDined on 10/8/2014We're there at least four times a month, and it never disappoints. Purist margarita. Trout. Chicken. Pork Belly. Just do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mexican spanish with a twistsouthbaypurveyorDined on 9/28/2014second time eating here ... and the second was based on the great experience first time around. chips, salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole starters were fresh and simple, endless chips, very good - special calamari with grilled cactus and aioli was great, goat stew delicious and the pulled pork relleno with pecan cream sauce over rice a new twist on an old dish - everything is spiced very very well, not with heat - that can be added as the selection of hot sauces extends from bottled to home made, not so spicy up to habaneros - service was quick and very attentive (have to admit it was a slow Sunday night due to the football game) - sat on the terrace out front - traffic noise not bothersome - all round good experience.Special Features:
- Amazing food surrounded by kidsFoodie4YouDined on 9/26/2014This foodie haven has turned into a family restaurant. With a meal easily topping $100+ for some of the best Mexican food you will ever eat, set your expectations on the noise level. My wife and I dined there on a Friday night surrounded by toddlers and babies and iPads playing PBS :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming and OverpricedLisadujoirDined on 9/12/2014First, after I made the reservation for 4 ppl, I discovered 2 more friends wanted to join. I called the restaraunt directly to make the change from four ppl to six and the young girl who answered the phone could not have been more rude. She acted as if I was trying to cancel a large party at the last minute or something. I was actually bringing them more business. I was not impressed. She should have handled my request with a lot less attitude. Once we arrived the staff were actually really nice. But the food... It was so underwhelming. There are not enough characters left for me to fully describe, but I will say, I irdered Caldo de pollo. It was broth, chicken, potatoes, squash and a few other vegetable. Totally Meh.
- GREAT margaritas but cold foodThumperVIPDined on 9/12/2014The steak (ordered medium rare) came out rare and had to be sent back. Almost every single item on both orders was cold - or perhaps a tepid warm. Very disappointing food particularly after all the hype on Yelp and here. This being said, the chips and guacamole were outstanding! The hibiscus/jalapeno margaritas were the best I've ever had. Note to self: Go only for margaritas and chips/guac.
- melsjDined on 9/2/2014Casa de Cobre has a large menu with tons of tasty treatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VicVDined on 8/30/2014Always have a great experience and well taken care of - food always deliciousSpecial Features:
- Overpriced and Too Spicy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014First time I have ever been to a Mexican restaurant and had to pay for chips & Salsa! Everything we ordered was Extremely Spicy! after the server told us it wasn't... the chicken flautas were so hot, we couldn't eat them! same with the Lechon. Portions were meager for the price. The Ceviche was tasty! but they serve it without chips, tostadas or crackers, It came with a spoon. Very dissapointing!!!
- EHF123Dined on 8/16/2014enjoyable meal but expensive for mexican food. quick service and friendly servers. portion sizes were mixed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingDatenighterDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed a quiet lunch here! They didn't have the chips and guacamole on their lunch/brunch menu. They suggested we ordered it and wow it was good but very pricey! 7.50 ? Skip it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Tex-MexpleasantonfoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food, especially the Lamb Shank and Paella, at Casa De Cobre is incredible. But the choices, like the above and Lechon De Noble are definitely not the typical burrito and taco combination plates that people get at a tex-mex type mexican restaurant. A wonderful gem in downtown Saratoga. The service was very attentive and the margaritas are large. Although we sat inside, the outdoor patio looked very inviting and, as usual for a Friday, very full.Special Features:
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Didn't meet our expectations. We love the sister restaurant, "Basin" and hoped to have same reaction at Casa de Cobra. The chicken was very dry and overlooked and prices are steep for this type of restaurant. We won't return but will continue to dine at Basin.
- Casa de CobreCJeatsWellVIPDined on 8/9/2014Pork belly tacos were delicious as well as the Entomatodo- ribeye simmered in chipotle entree. We also had a nice kale salad and the special fresh Cod. Delicious meal and we love this place!!!Special Features:
- Great MexicaneaterVIPDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The cheese enchildadas were excellent, as was the ceviche. A highlight was the fact that they offer Queso Fundito, a personal favorite. Service was a bit uneven. It was not terrible, but early in the meal, we seemed to be ignored. Perhaps better next time.Special Features:
- Michelle HendrickerChelhenDined on 8/3/2014It's a favorite for Saratoga dinner nights. The Purist is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but super expensive.pnd4pndDined on 8/2/2014drinks were expensive and small. service was poor. waitress hardly ever came around.
- never disappointingAndy2DotODined on 7/31/2014Staff is super friendly and conscientious, always offer good insights for best choices. Great food, fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkHDined on 7/27/2014Casa De Cobre has a unique menu compared to other restaurants with a Mexican touch to seafood and other non-standard items.Special Features:
- C U again soonCReneeDined on 7/26/2014Its been a while since I've dined at Casa. The menu has changed, definitely for the better. Wine list compliments the menu perfectly. Good food, good service. I won't wait so long this time to return. See you soonSpecial Features:
- Casa De CobreBrainbrianDined on 7/24/2014Very cute restaurant with indoor & outdoor dining options. Food was excellent. I was disappointed when the waiter asked me if I wanted to "order" chips & salsa at a charge. This is always free at other Mexican restaurants so this was a first for me and it didn't get the meal off to the greatest start. The waiter was nice enough but not as friendly as he could have been. The bus boy was friendlier. Could have been fantastic but missed the mark on service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye Casa de cobre!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We used to love this restaurant. Visiting them after couple of years along with friends who had never been there. Most important thing in a restaurant is the quality and taste of the food - it was terrible! It took them a very long time to get a simple order of drinks - a pitcher of Margarita. How complex can that be for a Mexican restaurant? The refill of chips was very slow as we were kept waiting for drinks as well as food. Writing this to alert other diners - this used to be a great place earlier. Shocking how it has gone downhill!
- Unique and Interesting DishesCaliforniaDreamerDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner based on Reviews and we were not disappointed. The margaritas were perfect and the twist on traditional guacamole with strawberries and bacon was amazing. Our server was delightful and her menu descriptions and recommendations were 'spot on '. The menu prices are a bit pricey but we felt our dining experience was well worth what we paid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpScale MexicanBenefitManDined on 7/16/2014Higher prices than a normal Mexican Resturant, but the food tastes better than other Mexican Resturants. I can still taste the Chili Rellano and the wonderful Margarita. I will eat there again when I visit Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous Mexican!VacagirlieVIPDined on 7/8/2014We had a great meal at Casa de Cobre before the Mountain Winery Concert. The purist margarita was really great. The bacon taco platter and chicken flautas were absolutely delicious!!!!! Great meal and wonderful service by Lorena!
- The following 374 reviews are from the Casa De Cobre reviews archive.
- ExcellentlexyDined on 6/25/2014Wow! Wow! Wow! Cannot wait to go back! Hope the special I ordered will be available again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualitysaddestkeanuDined on 6/24/2014We had a quality dining experience and would return or recommend others to go to Casa de Cobre. I really liked the fish tacos and my partner enjoyed her plate of smoked trout. The side was so-so; a grilled cotija cheese between slices of squash. The cotija flavor was ruined by the grilling.Special Features:
- Good food, Great ServiceTravelHighnesDined on 6/6/2014We ate here with friends prior to an evening at Villa Montalvo. Service was excellent, food was unique and very good. I was greeted by name when we arrived, which was startling and delightful. A first. The desserts were to die for. My only advise if you are requesting separate checks, send them up separately. Our bills were reversed and charged to the wrong card. Could not figure out how that happened as they'd gone up correct. So, next time, one check at a time. The manager made a hassle out of reversing and correcting it, and her solution was one of us should just pay the other for the difference. Very un-professional on the back end. I did not appreciate that. That said, the restaurant is worth a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodieDined on 5/28/2014My girls and I thought it was the perfect spot before our concert up at mountain winery. Great fish tacos!Special Features:
- Disappointmenteat4pleasureDined on 5/24/2014My son and I used to visit Casa De Cobre regularly. We hadn't been there for a while so we decided to go there to eat our favorite Chili de Relleno con Queso and drink several Coco Locos. They used to serve the very best Chili Relleno and Coco Locos. However, last Saturday was a huge disappointment. The Chili Relleno and rice were tasteless, the cheese was different and the rice overcooked, plus they no longer serve Coco Locos. We didn't finish our plates and decided we won't go back.
- "good"ScoutyVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have been going to Casa de Cobre since it opened. Food has always been consistently very good. Service has always been perfunctory . It is in need of updating. We find it annoying that in as much as we frequent this restaurant, the new co-owner who often staffs the front desk still shows no sign of recognition.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice variety of well prepared food. Not the traditional Mexican. Great Spanish influence. Warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Dimensions in Mexican FoodJonnyCDined on 5/3/2014This is a very nice, small restaurant that elevates traditional Mexican food to the gourmet level. There is also a great selection of fine tequilas to sample with (or after) dinner. My wife and I shared a couple of the signature entrees--one with lechon and the other a Mexican "atomatado" ribeye, and they were both excellent. The special guacamole with bacon and strawberry was also delightful. Ample, home-made corn tortillas were superb. This is a pricy restaurant with superior food, but also a casual, family-friendly restaurant with good, knowledgable service. That is a hard thing to pull off, but this restaurant succeeds beautifully in the affluent context of Saratoga, CA.Special Features:
- SpecialsKitMenkinVIPDined on 4/26/2014My advice, try the specials. The halibut was fresh, cooked perfectly, melted in my mouth. It was delicious. Asparagus, just cooked right for me, crunchy, but cooked. Try some of the Spanish specialties, but also the standard fare, too. Very friendly. Valet parking at the corner, if you need it (we always use it going here or to their sister restaurant, Big Basin.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealbyranVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our third visit to Casa De Cobre, and it just gets better. The surf and turf special was really wonderful. Service is good and the bar has great options, looking forward to our next time.Special Features: