Casa De Cobre
14560 Big Basin Way
Saratoga, CA 95070Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Casa De Cobre
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casadecobre.com/
- Phone: 408-867-1639
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - close, Friday: 4:00pm - close, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Marcelino Hernandez Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Welch 408-867-1639
- Special Events: Casa de Cobre will be opening at 3pm for Mother's Day.
A word from Casa De Cobre
Casa de Cobre is Comida Mexicana at its best! The award wining team from The Basin now brings you Casa de Cobre! "The Copper House" in honor of the beautiful pueblo of Santa Clara del Cobre, in the great state of Michoacan, Mexico. Famous for its artisan copper works, kind people, and incredible food. Everything we do is made in house and to order. Our Meats are chemical and hormone free, our fresh fish is always sustainably caught, produce organic when ever possible. Our Margaritas are made to order from hand squeezed Mexican limes and agave nectar! We look forward to serving you soon!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Casa De Cobre - Best Restaurants in Saratoga ›
Casa De Cobre reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (9)good for groups (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- VicVDined on 8/30/2014Always have a great experience and well taken care of - food always deliciousSpecial Features:
- Overpriced and Too Spicy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014First time I have ever been to a Mexican restaurant and had to pay for chips & Salsa! Everything we ordered was Extremely Spicy! after the server told us it wasn't... the chicken flautas were so hot, we couldn't eat them! same with the Lechon. Portions were meager for the price. The Ceviche was tasty! but they serve it without chips, tostadas or crackers, It came with a spoon. Very dissapointing!!!
- EHF123Dined on 8/16/2014enjoyable meal but expensive for mexican food. quick service and friendly servers. portion sizes were mixed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RefreshingDatenighterDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed a quiet lunch here! They didn't have the chips and guacamole on their lunch/brunch menu. They suggested we ordered it and wow it was good but very pricey! 7.50 ? Skip it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Tex-MexOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014The food, especially the Lamb Shank and Paella, at Casa De Cobre is incredible. But the choices, like the above and Lechon De Noble are definitely not the typical burrito and taco combination plates that people get at a tex-mex type mexican restaurant. A wonderful gem in downtown Saratoga. The service was very attentive and the margaritas are large. Although we sat inside, the outdoor patio looked very inviting and, as usual for a Friday, very full.Special Features:
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Didn't meet our expectations. We love the sister restaurant, "Basin" and hoped to have same reaction at Casa de Cobra. The chicken was very dry and overlooked and prices are steep for this type of restaurant. We won't return but will continue to dine at Basin.
- Casa de CobreCJeatsWellVIPDined on 8/9/2014Pork belly tacos were delicious as well as the Entomatodo- ribeye simmered in chipotle entree. We also had a nice kale salad and the special fresh Cod. Delicious meal and we love this place!!!Special Features:
- Great MexicaneaterDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The cheese enchildadas were excellent, as was the ceviche. A highlight was the fact that they offer Queso Fundito, a personal favorite. Service was a bit uneven. It was not terrible, but early in the meal, we seemed to be ignored. Perhaps better next time.Special Features:
- Michelle HendrickerChelhenDined on 8/3/2014It's a favorite for Saratoga dinner nights. The Purist is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but super expensive.pnd4pndDined on 8/2/2014drinks were expensive and small. service was poor. waitress hardly ever came around.
- never disappointingAndy2DotODined on 7/31/2014Staff is super friendly and conscientious, always offer good insights for best choices. Great food, fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkHDined on 7/27/2014Casa De Cobre has a unique menu compared to other restaurants with a Mexican touch to seafood and other non-standard items.Special Features:
- C U again soonCReneeDined on 7/26/2014Its been a while since I've dined at Casa. The menu has changed, definitely for the better. Wine list compliments the menu perfectly. Good food, good service. I won't wait so long this time to return. See you soonSpecial Features:
- Casa De CobreBrainbrianDined on 7/24/2014Very cute restaurant with indoor & outdoor dining options. Food was excellent. I was disappointed when the waiter asked me if I wanted to "order" chips & salsa at a charge. This is always free at other Mexican restaurants so this was a first for me and it didn't get the meal off to the greatest start. The waiter was nice enough but not as friendly as he could have been. The bus boy was friendlier. Could have been fantastic but missed the mark on service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye Casa de cobre!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We used to love this restaurant. Visiting them after couple of years along with friends who had never been there. Most important thing in a restaurant is the quality and taste of the food - it was terrible! It took them a very long time to get a simple order of drinks - a pitcher of Margarita. How complex can that be for a Mexican restaurant? The refill of chips was very slow as we were kept waiting for drinks as well as food. Writing this to alert other diners - this used to be a great place earlier. Shocking how it has gone downhill!
- Unique and Interesting DishesCaliforniaDreamerDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner based on Reviews and we were not disappointed. The margaritas were perfect and the twist on traditional guacamole with strawberries and bacon was amazing. Our server was delightful and her menu descriptions and recommendations were 'spot on '. The menu prices are a bit pricey but we felt our dining experience was well worth what we paid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpScale MexicanBenefitManDined on 7/16/2014Higher prices than a normal Mexican Resturant, but the food tastes better than other Mexican Resturants. I can still taste the Chili Rellano and the wonderful Margarita. I will eat there again when I visit Saratoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous Mexican!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014We had a great meal at Casa de Cobre before the Mountain Winery Concert. The purist margarita was really great. The bacon taco platter and chicken flautas were absolutely delicious!!!!! Great meal and wonderful service by Lorena!
- ExcellentlexyDined on 6/25/2014Wow! Wow! Wow! Cannot wait to go back! Hope the special I ordered will be available again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualitysaddestkeanuDined on 6/24/2014We had a quality dining experience and would return or recommend others to go to Casa de Cobre. I really liked the fish tacos and my partner enjoyed her plate of smoked trout. The side was so-so; a grilled cotija cheese between slices of squash. The cotija flavor was ruined by the grilling.Special Features:
- Good food, Great ServiceTravelHighnesDined on 6/6/2014We ate here with friends prior to an evening at Villa Montalvo. Service was excellent, food was unique and very good. I was greeted by name when we arrived, which was startling and delightful. A first. The desserts were to die for. My only advise if you are requesting separate checks, send them up separately. Our bills were reversed and charged to the wrong card. Could not figure out how that happened as they'd gone up correct. So, next time, one check at a time. The manager made a hassle out of reversing and correcting it, and her solution was one of us should just pay the other for the difference. Very un-professional on the back end. I did not appreciate that. That said, the restaurant is worth a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!foodieDined on 5/28/2014My girls and I thought it was the perfect spot before our concert up at mountain winery. Great fish tacos!Special Features:
- Disappointmenteat4pleasureDined on 5/24/2014My son and I used to visit Casa De Cobre regularly. We hadn't been there for a while so we decided to go there to eat our favorite Chili de Relleno con Queso and drink several Coco Locos. They used to serve the very best Chili Relleno and Coco Locos. However, last Saturday was a huge disappointment. The Chili Relleno and rice were tasteless, the cheese was different and the rice overcooked, plus they no longer serve Coco Locos. We didn't finish our plates and decided we won't go back.
- "good"ScoutyVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have been going to Casa de Cobre since it opened. Food has always been consistently very good. Service has always been perfunctory . It is in need of updating. We find it annoying that in as much as we frequent this restaurant, the new co-owner who often staffs the front desk still shows no sign of recognition.
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 5/17/2014Nice variety of well prepared food. Not the traditional Mexican. Great Spanish influence. Warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 366 reviews are from the Casa De Cobre reviews archive.
- New Dimensions in Mexican FoodJonnyCDined on 5/3/2014This is a very nice, small restaurant that elevates traditional Mexican food to the gourmet level. There is also a great selection of fine tequilas to sample with (or after) dinner. My wife and I shared a couple of the signature entrees--one with lechon and the other a Mexican "atomatado" ribeye, and they were both excellent. The special guacamole with bacon and strawberry was also delightful. Ample, home-made corn tortillas were superb. This is a pricy restaurant with superior food, but also a casual, family-friendly restaurant with good, knowledgable service. That is a hard thing to pull off, but this restaurant succeeds beautifully in the affluent context of Saratoga, CA.Special Features:
- SpecialsKitMenkinVIPDined on 4/26/2014My advice, try the specials. The halibut was fresh, cooked perfectly, melted in my mouth. It was delicious. Asparagus, just cooked right for me, crunchy, but cooked. Try some of the Spanish specialties, but also the standard fare, too. Very friendly. Valet parking at the corner, if you need it (we always use it going here or to their sister restaurant, Big Basin.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealbyranVIPDined on 4/19/2014This was our third visit to Casa De Cobre, and it just gets better. The surf and turf special was really wonderful. Service is good and the bar has great options, looking forward to our next time.Special Features:
- Love this place! Food is alwaysLuluDined on 3/22/2014Love this place! Food is always delicious and service outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotRobFVIPDined on 3/20/2014Nice dining experience, nestled in Saratoga. Great food, reasonable prices, go there once every other month, or so. Not your ordinary Mexican restaurant, but if you want that go to Chevys. This is more unique Mexican dishes, served up in just the right portions. My lamb dish was wonderful. The margaritas are fantastic, as is the variety of tequilas offered. But, hush. Don't tell too many people about it, otherwise this nice restaurant will be over-run with new diners and I won't be able to get a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealbbergVIPDined on 3/14/2014As usual, a very nice meal. The pork belly was a very hearty entree, which will provide enough for two great lunches as well.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedSaratogaGDined on 3/8/2014Was pretty disappointed with our recent dinner. The food was not what it used to; everything just missed by a little. The sauce on the chile relleno (usually a favorite) was bland, and even the salsas were not their old selves. Casa de Cobre has been one of my favorite restaurants, so I hope it was just an off night and not the beginning of the end for one of the few decent places in Saratoga.
- Outrageous prices, so-so foodJavaOzVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went to this restaurant for a special occasion. The location is where La Fondue used to be at. Low ceilings, choppy rooms, loud and low light-average ambiance. No free chips/salsa but we accepted that as this was meant to be a high end restaurant. We ordered 2 appetizers, one was tiny with a few slices of octopus and the other was well prepared but unseasoned which made it bland=both $15 each. We ordered one Margarita ($13) and 1 lemonade with a refill ($5 per)-not cheap but not terrible. Then for main course we ordered the beef which was very salty but plentiful and the scallops (4-5 scallops on shredded vegetables)-$34 each. 2 appetizers, 2 mains, 2 drinks plus tip=$150. Average to OK food; average to OK ambiance; outrageous pricing.
- Really bad foodCabin4Dined on 2/8/2014I ordered the Paella and my wife ordered the Blue Crab Tortilla. The Paella tasked like they poured a can red pepper all over it. The rice was mushy and the clams and shrimp flavors were gone. There was one small piece of meat. I think it was a fried piece of Spam. It was so hard a I could not bite into it. It was so bad I could not believe it. My wife's dish was tasteless. Only the beer and the chips were worth eating. At $29 for the Paella and around $25 for the Blue crab, this diner was a total bust. I will never go back. The food has gone way down hill and by looks of the amount of people in the place on a Saturday night, you can tell this place is going down hill.
- We dined on super bowl nightTuxedoVIPDined on 2/2/2014We dined on super bowl night and were the only guests. Food came out cold and tasteless. We have frequented this restaurant many times and this was not up to it's usual performance. disappointing!
- Delicioso!sftswVIPDined on 1/31/2014Stick with the Michoacan specialties, and you will be extremely happy! Their chicken is outrageous, and the pozole is wonderful. Lamb and Goat also get high marks. The guacamole is fantastic and the Margs are wonderful! We love this restaurant and the people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is solid andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014The food here is solid and we always enjoy our time at Casa de Cobre!Special Features:
- New FavoriteVRiesDined on 1/21/2014W just moved to the bay area about 6 months ago. My husband and I are total "foodies" and are out to try new restaurants every week. Casa De Cobre is DEFINITELY one of my favorites and we will be back. The service was attentive, pleasant and patient (we had our kids with us). The margaritas were great - sweetened with agave vs the syrup junk. The food - AMAZING. Chips are crisp, fresh and warm served with 3 different kinds of salsa. The quesadilla was the best I've ever tasted. My husband's pulled brisket was tender and juicy. The only thing we didn't care for where the crab enchiladas, only b/c I'm not a big fan of the authentic red enchilada sauce not b/c the dish wasn't cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Don't botherallieDined on 1/11/2014First off, don't bother with the house margaritas, at least the blended ones. I like the zingy taste of lime, but there was none to be detected in the mound of ice set in a stylish glass. I could taste the Triple Sec, slightly, but mostly it was a glass of slushy ice. The best part of the Dungeness crab enchiladas was the fresh tomato sauce. Unfortunately the sauce would have been better suited to a plate of pasta (if they added some garlic). Tasty Mexican spices were not anywhere to be found. The goat stew that my husband ordered was essentially a bowl of watery broth with some tasteless meat and a huge hunk of skin from an unidentified source. Oh, the chips and salsa were fine.
- Better this timeFoodie4VIPDined on 1/10/2014Enjoyed our meal here; our server was very friendly and attentive. Guacamole is pricey but always yummy. Ceviche portion is huge! Menu is big and varied so there's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.