Casa D' Angelo
1201 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Casa D' Angelo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.casa-d-angelo.com/
- Phone: 9545641234
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Fri - Sat: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Elia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three rooms available from 10 to 70 guests. Please contact Lindsey at AE Management.
- Private Party Contact: Christina 954-564-1234x
A word from Casa D' Angelo
Fine Dining Italian Restaurant. Award winning Wine List and Menu. Private rooms available for private dinners and lunches (restrictions apply please email FortLauderdale@casa-d-angelo.com) for more information. Reservations recommended. Casual chic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Casa D' Angelo - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Casa D' Angelo reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)notable wine list (81)fit for foodies (68)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (41)hot spot (34)great for outdoor dining (21)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Just Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Absolutely delicious food...great service with staff that is very professional...expensive but if willing to pay...well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! In a tucked away cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was fantastic, service was great, not to loud not to quite. We went for a birthday dinner and sat outside. They have a nice entry and lights on the bushes which made the ambiance very nice. I would highly recommend another visit!Special Features:
- Absolutely hooked on Casa D'AngeloMinnyWDined on 10/12/2014Sunday night was my fourth time at Casa D'Angelo . I invited special guests and I was not disappointed as absolutely everything was perfect. From the service , by Luis, food, wine and ambiance. This is a place you can always count on to provide an excellent meal and wine plus the advantage of nice surroundings. The wine selection is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good / EXPENSIVE8FiveDined on 10/12/2014Recommended by a local after telling him we were going to Cafe Europa on Los Olas. We sat outside on a nice warm evening. Waiter was good but hard to understand with his italian accent even when we asked him to repeat some dishes. Veal chop was great. Home made pasta was just OK. Fairly large wine list that is expensive. A bit too stuffy for this casual dining couple. We will head back to Cafe Europa on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014First time here and everything was wonderful. Manager was engaging and checked on our table to see how everything was throughout the meal. Bruschetta, cheese,olives,bread at table were fresh and just right.had the prawn appetizer -really tasty. Good wine list by the glass. Had the chicken with salad which was ok: lasagna was better. Desert chocolate molten cake very good Service was great and loved it overall We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISCOVERYWONDERCHARLIEDined on 10/9/2014AMAZING THANK YOU. NICE LITTLE KEPT-SECRET. DELMONICO WAS GREAT. GREAT PINOT GRIGIO. TERRIFIC EXPERIENCE .WANNA GO BACK SOONSpecial Features:
- The BestDealmakerVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have been going to Casa D'Angelo for many years and feel that it is the best Italian food in South Florida. The waiters have been their a long time and never steer you wrong.Special Features:
- Expense account placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Great food however the mark up on wine is out of line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!goodeaterDined on 10/6/2014Our first time dining here and absolutely loved it. We had the best meals! From the salad to the risotta to the sea bass. Truly outstanding dishes and everything cooked to perfection. Our waiter was friendly and great to talk with about Italy. We loved his accent. We wished that we lived closer... 5 stars all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time to dine therehappy1Dined on 10/4/2014nice salad but my main course was disappointing, and we felt the experience was over-priced. Likely will not go back, as we have other Italian restaurants in the area at which we enjoy the food much more and the price for dinner would be about 1/2.
- Almost greatMyDineVIPDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I found the tables too packed in. In light of the vibrant noise level and closeness of the tables we wwere unable to hear each other or carry on a conversation. I never even saw my waiter as he had to stand behind me abecause he was unable to get between the tables. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!MsYummyDined on 9/30/2014If you enjoy fine Italian dining, look no further. The Italian-speaking staff makes guests feel as if they've been transported to a restaurant in Rome. They served a plate of antipasto just after we ordered our drinks. The wine selection is mind-boggling. Our pasta and vegetable dishes were perfectly cooked. They also timed the delivery of our meals just perfectly. We had enough time to savor our wine and anticipate our food choices. We sat in the back room; a bit quieter than the front of the restaurant...which I recommend. It's a great place for a special occasion. They make you feel that your evening is a special occasion...even on an ordinary Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CALMVIPDined on 9/22/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary there. Great place for any celebration. Consistently excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014I've been a regular here for the past 4 plus years. Each trip to Florida, I make it my business to eat here at least once. The entire staff go out of their way to ensure a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gillyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our evening at casa d Angelo was terrific. As usual food was excellent. Service was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner was a hith2omanDined on 9/13/2014We had never been before. Sat night was great. My wife really enjoyed dinner. Truffle pasta was fantastic. Elk chops were a find. Wonderful. Her dover sole was fantastic. Leftovers tonight. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticlovingitDined on 9/13/2014Great place to dine, service excellent as well as the food. The waiter was adorable, sweet, knowledgeable and not pushy. The complimentary cheese/olive/bread platter was a nice added touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian & extensive wine listFoodTasterDined on 9/12/2014Casa D Angelo offers an great variety of simple and sophisticated dishes with enough to choice in all the courses from appetizers to desserts. My favorite dishes are those including truffle on its confection. The wine selection offered by the restaurant is endless. Excellent atmosphere either for a romantic dinner, business dinner, or any other special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicealpohDined on 9/12/2014We had great food and service here. We chose outdoor seating to meet friends for dinner and it was a very enjoyable ambiance. I did see the inside of the restaurant and it nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wine, and service!!luvlilyDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is a hidden gem. Don't let the location fool you. This was our first dining experience at Casa D Angelo and I have to say it won't be our last. The food was excellent. Our waitress was very knowledgable on the extensive wine list and was very friendly. The entire staff was very efficient. We had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant AnywhereMikeSchVIPDined on 9/8/2014I never miss an opportunity to go to Casa when I am in Fort Lauderdale. I have probably eaten here 40 times and have always had impeccable service and wonderful food. The wine list is extensive and priced on par with other restaurants in the area, with a fantastic selection of Italian wines. I have tried a variety of the menu items, but keep going back to the veal parm. You can't go wrong with the beef carpaccio with truffles or the meatball and sausage appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlennVIPDined on 9/8/2014As always a wonderful meal, great service as well.Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary DinnertibraliDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant has long been a favorite and is usually outstanding in all respects. Our experience started with a brief but tolerable wait for the table. We were seated at the best table in the restaurant and were thrilled. Service and food until the main course were very good. I made the mistake of asking the waiter to warm my entrée, as the grilled swordfish arrived at a marginal temperature. While the kitchen did a do over for about 30 minutes (not necessary) I got to watch my wife and daughter enjoy their entrees. My well prepared replacement dish arrived under cooked and less warm than the first. We thoroughly enjoyed desert selections they were wonderful. The 30 minute wait for the check was totally unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCELLENT!!!Craig4245VIPDined on 9/4/2014Took our neighbor to celebrate her birthday. They were very accommodating. Dinner was excellent. The service was amazing as always. This is just our go to place for excellent food and service.Special Features:
- SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Simply put, our favorite Italian restaurant anywhere. Besides stellar food and wonderful wine, they made my father-in-law's 95th birthday celebration vey special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 8/30/2014BobKVIPDined on 8/30/2014Having dined many times the food and service by Karl and Abba continue as always remain excellent. Managements consistent onsite presence insures Casa D Angelo remain a top Fort Lauderdale dining spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENThappyFTLVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just an incredible restaurant. Service was fantastic and patient, as we were seeing friends with lots to catch up on! Food was fabulous; sea bass got an A, chicken Milanese A+ and ravioli special was delicious. Cocktails were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa D'Angelo is great!LadyjaneDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is the next best thing to visiting Italy for an evening! The staff is great and Angelo stops by your table to see how you are enjoying yourself! Will definitely return there for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itbenzygirlDined on 8/29/2014We have eaten here many times, and most recently this past Friday evening. It is a northern Italian restaurant. Not a meatballs and spaghetti joint. They have an extensive wine list, and a wine room. Everything is ala carte, so it adds up quickly. Dinner for two with appetizer, desert and bottle of wine runs about $150+ tip.Special Features:
- DisappointingBlondieVIPDined on 8/24/2014I am a big fan and regular customer of the D'Angelo tapas restaurant, so I had high expectations when I decided to move up the chain to the Casa D'Angelo. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the restaurant was more modern than expected. The decor is attractive: walls are lined with wine from floor to ceiling; the kitchen is visible from the front room tables. Service was impeccable and the menu is genuine. Unfortunately, the food failed to meet expectations. Pappardelle with funghi porcini were insipid. Cotoletta milanese was undercooked. Management was quick to make amends, which was appreciated, however, the experience left us little inclined to return.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend and boy was it fantastic. Made reservation for someone's birthday and the service and food was great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- lucyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great restaurant, great food , always consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovingCasaDined on 8/19/2014We return every year to Casa's on my son's birthday. They recognize us and call us by name upon arrival, although we are there only once a year on vacation. The service is amazing. The wine list has something for everyone's taste and budget. If you do not see the entrée on the menu you want, they will cook it to order. Best restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime DiningEat2LiveDined on 8/18/2014Great food, incredible wine list, impeccable service combine to make this one of the best South Florida has to offer. I highly recommend the veal chop with Gorgonzola...Special Features:
- Perfection as always!mrreedDined on 8/18/2014I have never ever gone wrong at this gem. I took a friend for the first time and he was equally as pleased as I have always been with Casa d'Angelo. One could just close ones eyes and and point to something have it served to you without knowing what it is and it would ALWAYS be divine.Special Features:
- SuspiDined on 8/16/2014Exceptional experience ... Loved it! Service was great! Food came out fast and all courses were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyLeopardgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Been going here for years - always consistent. Food service all good. Love their specials also - just an all around perfect restaurant. Hostess is a doll too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Angelo hits a homerun!gammishDined on 8/14/2014We have always had wonderful meals here and this is the #1 Italian in the area. Great service, phenom food and wonderful experience. The wine list is awesome and save room for desserts! We normally share an app, 2 entrees and a dessert with a bottle of wine and a cocktail. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- DisappointedstklvrDined on 8/9/2014Way overpriced and the value was not there. This is our second time dining here and was disappointed. The veal chop was dry and the rigatoni with sausage was tasteless. They are always busy and I can't help but wonder why!Special Features:
- Once Again -- GREAT!Craig4245VIPDined on 8/8/2014This place is my go to place for Italian and for bringing out of town guests. They never fail to deliver excellent service and GREAT food. Plus they have such an extensive wine list, they can satisfy anyone's taste and budget. They had dover sole on special. WOW. Definitely worth it. They were also serving Ostrich on special. Another WOW. Everyone could help tasting everyone's plate. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features: