Casa D' Angelo
1201 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Casa D' Angelo
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.casa-d-angelo.com/
- Phone: (954) 564-1234
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Thurs: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Fri - Sat: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Elia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three rooms available from 10 to 70 guests. Please contact Lindsey at AE Management.
- Private Party Contact: Christina 954-564-1234x
A word from Casa D' Angelo
Fine Dining Italian Restaurant. Award winning Wine List and Menu. Private rooms available for private dinners and lunches (restrictions apply please email FortLauderdale@casa-d-angelo.com) for more information. Reservations recommended. Casual chic.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Casa D' Angelo - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Casa D' Angelo reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (99)special occasion (98)fit for foodies (90)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (50)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (34)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Grazie, Casa D'AngeloRileyVIPDined on 11/19/2014It's truffle season, and some shaved truffle on fettucini, on burrata, or on carpaccio is a true treat. Yes, everything else is delicious, from the opening bruschetta, olives, and peccarino, and just about every course I've had three on numerous dinners with friends and clients. It's perfect for the meat lover, the fish lover, the pasta lover, and even those trying to eat on the lighter side. The wine list rivals War and Peace in volume, and the selections are wonderful in all price points.Special Features:
- Dining WastelandFoodieDined on 11/18/2014So hard to find a decent restaurant in South Florida. Casa D'Angelo is above the norm, so it;s worth trying. However, we all had the same veal as a main dish and it was in a tasteless tomato sauce. Not much flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerJMGPGGDined on 11/17/2014We were celebrating my wife's birthday and came with our two teenagers. We ordered beef carpacio and mussels for appetizers. Both were outstanding! We each ordered a different entrée and all were great! Yellowtail Snapper Livornese. Fettucini with seafood (huge lobster tail). Parpedelli with mushrooms. Lasagna Bolognese. The chocolate dessert was perfect! Great service! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!Dmp27Dined on 11/15/2014Being Italian it is difficult to find an authentic Italian restaurant when visiting Florida but I am happy to say I found one. From the moment you walk in you are instantly welcomed in Italian! Even the waiter spoke perfect Italian. It was great because I was with my Nonna who only speaks Italian so she was able to communicate her order....made her happy 😄. Definitely recommend this place, food was great and even the prices are reasonable for the big portions you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NY prices and quality in Ft. LauderdalesadinnerVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food was quite good and the service was excellent. The prices are NYC for sure including a special pasta for $70!! It would have been nice if the waitress said something about that BEFORE the bill arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food AND Impeccable ServiceJacknh54Dined on 11/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The housemade pasta is not to be missed. We were seated promptly. Numerous specials to chpose from. The Veal Cop and Chicken Milanese were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous evening!LoriDined on 11/14/2014Our server was outstanding. The menu has a wonderful selection, and every course was better then the last. Great wine selection and a delightful outdoor patio. Only wished we lived closer. Thank you for a enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GDinerVIPDined on 11/14/2014It does not get much better than this. Hats off to Dino for excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AsteroidDined on 11/13/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Recommended for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinner standoutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014The menu was full but not overpowering with a lengthy list of items. the lamb chop was particularly excellent. One thing I especially liked was the presence of some premium wines (e.g. Brunello di Montalcino) that was available by the glass. This is a great feature since my partner does not drink and it would be unwise for me to consume an entire bottle!Special Features:
- It was just ok....Events1Dined on 11/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. Our server was not engaging, it seemed like we were bothering him. We ordered the Calamari and the Salad Angelo to start. The Calamari was under seasoned, we would have asked for salt, but the server never came to check on us. He came when we were finished with the apps, we did ask for salt and told him the food needed a little bit more seasoning, and his response was that they make it like that to please everyone. That is fine, but if that is true, then you should have salt at the table from the beginning. I appreciate al dente pasta, but both of our pastas could have used one more minute cooking time. Overall it was just ok and did not live up to the expectations.Special Features:
- We loved it!Smudge26Dined on 11/8/2014People were great and the food was amazing! Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best in town!JudypitutyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always consistently great food! Always great service! Our favorite Italian restaruant!Special Features:
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014We've dined here several times. The food is fresh and the menu offers a wide variety. The pasta is exceptional and the veal ch incredibly flavorful. Table service is always very good. They are in demand, so reservations Re strongly recommended.Special Features:
- JAGUARDined on 11/8/2014Wines were pricey as was dinner. Food and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa D AngeloUnhappyDined on 11/8/2014The food was wonderful, our waiter was a delight and we would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatDisappointingDined on 11/7/2014Husbands lamb chops were ver good. I on the other hand had fettuccine with truffle. This should have been a show case choices however the fettuccine was dry and noodles hard. This was more like fast food Fazolis instead of a $76 plate of pasta. very disappointing. Waiter was also not very attentive and hard to understand.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!!FloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 11/7/2014A fabulous evening!! The food and service was outstanding!!! My favorite is the Veal chop, a must when dining there!Special Features:
- Casa D'AngeloGlennVIPDined on 11/7/2014As always our meal was perfect. It is nice to know that there is a restaurant you can go to and always have great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & serviceWildcatsdineDined on 11/4/2014This was recommended to us by a colleague and it did not disappoint. We had the seafood pasta with Australian lobster tail, shrimp, and mussels. The server picked wines based upon our budget and did an excellent job!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinneritdcoastieDined on 11/4/2014Tremendous service and cozy atmosphere make D'Angelo a perfect venue for special occasions where you don't mind spending a bit more than usual. I've never seen such an extensive wine list (especially from every region of Italy). Food arrived quick in spite of a full house, portions were perfect size (not gut busting but also not stingy). Numerous seasonal specials complemented the many regular choices on the menu, including a few that are usually hard to find (white truffles, halibut) Reservations were easy and they were waiting for us upon arrival. A delightful experience all around!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT 5 STARray1967Dined on 11/3/2014HAD I BEST EXPERIENCE EVER DINNED HERE FOR MY WIFES BIRTHDAY / EXCELLENT ALL THE WAY AROUNDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent; run smartlyArtFVIPDined on 11/2/2014From the appetizers to espresso it is a joy; great daily specials and wonderful pastas; very fine list of italian wines to complement; owners are ever present to make sure all is executed efficientlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 11/1/2014BobKVIPDined on 11/1/2014Having dined many times the food and service by Karl and Ilona continue as always remain excellent. Managements consistent onsite presence insures Casa D Angelo remain a top Fort Lauderdale dining spoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watergirl88Dined on 11/1/2014The best restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale. Always a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our second time dining here and was even better than the first. They have so many specials every night that you can get something different every time. The bread plate that comes out first with cheese, olives, bruschetta and focaccia is awesome. The wine list is exemplary and well priced. I will eat here every time I go to Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Long-time fans of D'AngeloTheodoreDined on 10/30/2014It was my wife's special birthday (we married in 1951; think about that!). Where else would we celebrate together with our daughter, her husband and their two beautiful daughters but at Casa D'Angelo? The experience could not have been more enjoyable. Every thing came just as ordered. We never felt rushed. The six of us were comfortable, satisfied, and look forward to our next most pleasant dining experience in the very near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jt was OK. not fantastic as heard.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014My wife's choice was $ 78.00 and had no price in the menu. She did not mention to me and was a big surprisr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa D' Marvelous!Jester66Dined on 10/26/2014What a gem of a restaurant. Uninspiring from the outside but such a great place to dine on some fantastic food. Great menu, excellent service with knowledgeable waiters, superb wine selection, food cooked to perfection from the finest ingredients. A pleasure to dine here on every occasion possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDanaSVIPDined on 10/24/2014My favorite Resturant in Fort Lauderdale been coming here for over ten years and it's always fantastic from the time Meno greets you at the door! The pasta with truffle is amazing! Love the tuna carpaccio. The Dover sole was delicious. A great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian In Ft. LauderdaleTwoputtsDined on 10/23/2014Whenever we are in south Florida we include a visit. The food was its usual terrific. The service was spot on. The wine list is large with good choices at all price levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Absolutely delicious food...great service with staff that is very professional...expensive but if willing to pay...well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! In a tucked away cornerprezidentaceDined on 10/18/2014Food was fantastic, service was great, not to loud not to quite. We went for a birthday dinner and sat outside. They have a nice entry and lights on the bushes which made the ambiance very nice. I would highly recommend another visit!Special Features:
- Absolutely hooked on Casa D'AngeloMinnyWDined on 10/12/2014Sunday night was my fourth time at Casa D'Angelo . I invited special guests and I was not disappointed as absolutely everything was perfect. From the service , by Luis, food, wine and ambiance. This is a place you can always count on to provide an excellent meal and wine plus the advantage of nice surroundings. The wine selection is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good / EXPENSIVE8FiveDined on 10/12/2014Recommended by a local after telling him we were going to Cafe Europa on Los Olas. We sat outside on a nice warm evening. Waiter was good but hard to understand with his italian accent even when we asked him to repeat some dishes. Veal chop was great. Home made pasta was just OK. Fairly large wine list that is expensive. A bit too stuffy for this casual dining couple. We will head back to Cafe Europa on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 10/11/2014BobKVIPDined on 10/11/2014Having dined many times the food and service by Karl continue as always remain excellent. Managements consistent onsite presence insures Casa D Angelo remain a top Fort Lauderdale dining spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WomderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014First time here and everything was wonderful. Manager was engaging and checked on our table to see how everything was throughout the meal. Bruschetta, cheese,olives,bread at table were fresh and just right.had the prawn appetizer -really tasty. Good wine list by the glass. Had the chicken with salad which was ok: lasagna was better. Desert chocolate molten cake very good Service was great and loved it overall We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISCOVERYWONDERCHARLIEDined on 10/9/2014AMAZING THANK YOU. NICE LITTLE KEPT-SECRET. DELMONICO WAS GREAT. GREAT PINOT GRIGIO. TERRIFIC EXPERIENCE .WANNA GO BACK SOONSpecial Features:
- The BestDealmakerVIPDined on 10/8/2014I have been going to Casa D'Angelo for many years and feel that it is the best Italian food in South Florida. The waiters have been their a long time and never steer you wrong.Special Features:
- Expense account placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Great food however the mark up on wine is out of line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.