Casa Bella Trattoria
51 E. Kings Highway
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Bella Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casabella51.com/
- Phone: 8564292885
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Wilson Avila
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater all events including weddings, funerals, birthdays, retirement, rehearsals, etc.
- Cross Street: Tanner Street
- Public Transit: Down the street from the Haddonfield Patco train station and within walking distance of various bus stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: To enter our private lot, enter the Tanner Street parking lot and follow it down to reach our private lot.
A word from Casa Bella Trattoria
Casa Bella Trattoria is an authentic Italian restaurant, where we cater to the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and service. Casa Bella is a casual family restaurant, where you can come in and enjoy homemade pasta, sauces, meatballs, and chef- recommended specials. We are also a BYOB so feel free to bring in your favorite bottle of wine, with no corking fee. So come on in and join us for an unforgettable evening out with friends and family for some great food and service, guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Casa Bella Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
Casa Bella Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (14)romantic (14)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014My girlfriend and I went here for an evening dinner on a Monday for our anniversary. First, it was one of only a scant few restaurants open in Haddonfield on Mondays, so that was a plus. The service was excellent, with just the right amount of checking up and our server offering to take pictures and suggesting ways to commemorate the occasion. The food was not the best we've had, but was very good and was fairly priced (a rare thing in Haddonfield). Overall, it was a good night out and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes were deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Came with 3 friends, left satisfied. Crab cakes were delicious. Waitress was attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014My book club met here last Thursday. It was wonderful. The waitress and owner/manager gave us a lot of attention. The appetizers were great - calamari and an eggplant dish! Everyone enjoyed their meals! I had chicken parmasean - I loved the sauce. My sister had cappalleni with a vodka sauce and crap meat - oh my!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy anniversary dinnertastenjDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious anniversary meal at Casa Bella Trattoria last Tuesday night. It was not very crowded, but there was only one server. I think she worked very hard serving people inside and outside. I counted 10 parties there in the time that we were dining! The food was very good and the portions were ample. We liked our beet salad appetizer and chicken entrees :) We would definitely visit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining divadiningdiva1Dined on 8/18/2014We had a group of 8 women for lunch. Table was ready on time and the waitress couldn't have been nicer. The chicken salad over greens was delicious, and the chocolate chip cheesecake was wonderful. However O wouldn't recommend the sweet potato fries. They were a bit greasy and limp. I like mine very crispy. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant suprise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic dinner!!!! So glad we tried this restaurant!! The food was fantastic and the service outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Little Placemudd19Dined on 8/7/2014Loved this place. The food was very good in this sweet, quaint little restaurant in the center of town. The service was outstanding. Would definitely recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Another really good meal hereMisslolaDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoy this place. The spaghetti and meatballs are really delicious. The tomato basil soup is some of the best I have ever tasted. The service is always very good as well. We will continue to come back and long as those meatballs are on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food at good priceSlewoffoodDined on 7/23/2014We had the "restaurant week" special, which included app, salad, entree, and dessert for 24.95! The food was great, highlighted by the eggplant rollatine app. Which was delicious; thin sliced eggplant rolled around excellent cheese and a nice sauce- would definitely recommend! The service was friendly and attentive, and the owners are on site and personally welcome diners to their establishment. Parking is nearby, and plentiful in public lot.the room decor is straight trattoria; pleasant, but can be loud depending on the size of the tables dining. I would definitely recommend CAsa Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDeniseVIPDined on 7/19/2014I purchased a living social deal so we tried out Casa Bella. Judy, our waitress, was excellent! Made us feel very comfortable and at home. We started with sharing the Broccoli soup and caesar salad. Soup was good, salad was fair. I had a baby shrimp and cavatelli special which was small and fair - I didn't care for the taste/broth it was prepared in. My boyfriend had one of the chicken dishes, which he enjoyed. We saw zeppoli's being prepared for another table, and being originally from NY, we had to try them. They were EXCELLENT!!!! I would go back just for them!! Generous serving and brought some home to my son, who enjoyed them even though they were cold by then.
- Nothing specialKateNDined on 7/12/2014There are a lot of Italian restaurants in the area so if would take something special to get 4-5 stars and Casa Bella was nothing special. I had penne vodka w homemade meatballs (on the side... They couldn't figure out how to make then let of my meal ON my sauce so I had them in a marinara sauce but my pasta in vodka sauce!) meatballs were decent- three very large sized. Penne/sauce was tasteless. My MIL had a BLT that again was 'normal' and fries were gross. Also the staff stood right behind our table arguing every time a new customer walked in who was going to get that table- very rude.
- Excellent italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Decided to go here last minute for dinner on a beautiful Monday night.. The serve and food was excellent.. You know you found a great place when the owner helps out.. He went up to every table making sure everything was good! Definitely a great place to check out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a fantastic place.apultraclassicVIPDined on 6/28/2014First of all it's a great dining experience. The owner is very active in the overall operation of his restaurant. He personally makes sure that everything is to your liking. The food here is great. Very fresh and tasty. There are always terrific specials. The wait staff is well trained, very attentive but not over whelming. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- Personal serviceUrDocVIPDined on 6/13/2014Attentive service with a smile, friendly atmosphere , ample menu , good food,excellent appetizers, very accommodating, easy to get a reservation .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian food and friendly!BblandoDined on 6/13/2014We went to Casa for a birthday dinner. The staff welcomed us from the moment we arrived. Our waitress was always available and our water glasses were always full. Some diners opted for the Special since it was before 6:30 and had a four course meal for $20. All of the food was delicious, which is saying a lot coming from an Italian family. The staff cut and served our cake for us! They gave us plenty of time and there was no up-selling. Thank you, Casa Bella! Keep up the great service. I recommend this place to anyone looking for good food and great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dzoblin123Dined on 5/31/2014Everyone was really nice. The waiters/waitresses were very accommadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014We were looking for a nice Italian Restaurant for my Graduation dinner. There were 8 of us and I was weary as we chose Casa Bella offline strictly based on other customer ratings. It exceeded all of our expectations. The food and service was amazing. Everything was delicious and my entire family was raving about their dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Haddonfield Trattoria!MikeyJumpshot1Dined on 5/11/2014Good consistent restaurant in nice location with reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceMeishkaDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for Mothers Day 2 weeks in advance. I went over the menu to make sure everyone in the family would be happy with the food selection and the price. When we arrived that night we were given a much smaller menu with prices that were $2-$5 more than the menu on open table. When I asked the manager about this change and expressed my concern that the food we had hoped to purchase was unavailable I was told that those items were not available for this special occasion. When I asked why the prices were raised she said that they were "larger portions". I truly do not understand why on a night that is about celebrating Mothers hard work we were price gouged. I will not be returning.
- Great Food, Not Great ServiceFriendsDined on 5/11/2014My family (8 of us) went here for mother's day - our table was not ready, we waited 20 minutes for the table, then waited another 10 minutes for our order to be taken. Everything here is a la carte, so a salad is $10 extra on top of the price of the entree, yet the waitress would ask soup or salad so you felt like it was included. One meal came out wrong (was ordered to come with broccoli in place of pasta due to gluten allergy) and another meal did not come out and was not noticed by the staff at all, we had to tell them. Our food was excellent despite the delays and we would go back again just not on a "holiday" weekend.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialBarbaraVIPDined on 5/10/2014The roasted beet salad - canned beets on a plate with canned artichokes and two pieces of asparagus. No seasoning. No flavor. Our two entrees were average. I won't give it a second chance.
- Great little italian placeLdiangeloVIPDined on 5/10/2014Took daughter and boyfriend for dinner sat night....great food. We all shared the fried zucchini and mussels in red, both were delicious. The service was slower than usual but made for a nice enjoyable meal..would highly recommend this little gem to anyone in the haddonfield area to try it out...you won't be disappointed...Wilson and his wife (I cannot begin to spell her name correctly) were great hosts....Phil and I will be back. LisaSpecial Features:
- Charming60somethingDined on 5/3/2014Had an early lunch with a couple of old friends. Our first time here and we were very happy with all aspects. It was nice to look out on the Kings Highway which was bustling on a Saturday afternoon. A little chilly to eat outside, but next time we'd like to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything tasted great!Dzoblin123Dined on 5/1/2014The food tasted great and the service, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 41 reviews are from the Casa Bella Trattoria reviews archive.
- first timeKatieDined on 4/24/2014It was our first time dining at Casa Bella and everything was delicious! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014I had chicken with sun dried tomato and my husband had chicken with crab and asparagus. Both were good dishes but neither was unique. We have found similar and equally good dishes at a number of good restaurants. The service was outstanding. I am on a diet. They met my needs by serving my chicken over spinach, rather than pasta. The servers were very attentive, topping off our glasses many times and offering more rolls, etc.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Great place good food and our waitress was awesome! Will be back..I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced specialErnestVIPDined on 4/19/2014The special with risotto and mussels was $25.00. There was 6 mussels and the appearance of 2-3 scoops of risotto. Seems overprice for so little. It was well prepared and flavorful. The regular menu has more substantial portions and more reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was extremely niceMunozR02VIPDined on 4/5/2014The staff was extremely nice and friendly. The portion sizes were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnDined on 3/30/2014Food and Service were excellent, this was our 2nd time here and we plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet gem... Good foodLdiangeloVIPDined on 3/29/2014Went on a Saturday night just my husband and I .... Great food and simple quiet atmosphere... Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- We chose the early bird special.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2014We chose the early bird special. Portions were small but food was fresh. Service was slow until we told them we needed to get out by a certain time to see a show; they did apologize and sped things up and got us out of there on time which we appreciated. Not sure if I'd go back. Lot's of competing Italian restaurants in the area that do a better job.
- Nice little place - small portionsJanetDined on 3/21/2014Food and service was amazing. We dined during SJ Hot Chefs week. The portions were definitely smaller than normal (we have eaten here before). My husband got the eggplant rollitini as an appetizer, and it was literally 1 very small piece of eggplant barely filled and smothered in sauce and cheese. We were actually laughing after they brought it out. But, the tiny thing was tasty! My portions were fine - I had mussels as an app and veal parmesan. My husbands penne siciliano seemed more like a lunch portion. He left a bit hungry. But, like I said, the food tasted wonderful, and the service was great. And it was one of the lesser expensive restaurant choices ($24.95 pp).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second visitWolfDined on 3/8/2014This was our second visit to the Casa Bella Trattoria and it was as good the second time as the first. This time it was just a party of three, and the food was delicious. The service was very good with the owner making sure that we had enough to eat as well as pouring our wine. This is a BYOB and we have come to the conclusion that we will once again visit this very fine food establishment.Special Features:
- New PlacesnowdogDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I went to Casa for dinner last Saturday. We had a nice little table by the window overlooking Main St. Ambiance was sweet. The staff and service were wonderful. We had the "early bird special" which they served before 6:30pm and for the price, the meal simply couldn't be beat! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/5/2014For Italian food, it wasn't worth the price. You can get better meals at your local pizza shop for less money
- Outstanding!!!JessicaDined on 3/1/2014My fiance and I received a gift certificate to Casa Bella last year. We were so impressed with the service and food that we've been back several times since! Winston (owner) is always gracious to his guests and remembers you upon your return. Our waitress, Maria, is so sweet and goes above and beyond to make our dinner enjoyable. We've taken each of our families and heard nothing but rave reviews. It's our new favorite spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitDiningoutDined on 2/28/2014Visited on a Friday night. It was not busy at all which surprised us. We were seated in a very nice window seat looking onto Haddonfield Main street. Service was efficient and friendly. Received bread and had bottle of wine opened quickly and poured before we even got seated. Ran into friends. The Eggplant Roletini app was excellent. We had the salmon entree and the Shrimp Francese. Both were very good. The Caesar salad we both ordered was good, not great. My new irritation is restaurants that charge you for a full salad when you upgrade to Caesar salad. This salad was not worthy of that price hike and I would not order it next time. Our overall experience was very good and we will return. Very nice family run restaurant. Owner is very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014It was a cute little spot..not busy..had a great time...workers were great..service good..food fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cozie, friendly & good foodapultraclassicVIPDined on 2/22/2014What a great find. Good food, friendly service. Ask to meet the owner "Wilson" a really nice guy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.