Casa Bella Trattoria
51 E. Kings Highway
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Casa Bella Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://casabella51.com/
- Phone: (856) 429-2885
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Wilson Avila
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We cater all events including weddings, funerals, birthdays, retirement, rehearsals, etc.
- Cross Street: Tanner Street
- Public Transit: Down the street from the Haddonfield Patco train station and within walking distance of various bus stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: To enter our private lot, enter the Tanner Street parking lot and follow it down to reach our private lot.
A word from Casa Bella Trattoria
Casa Bella Trattoria is an authentic Italian restaurant, where we cater to the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and service. Casa Bella is a casual family restaurant, where you can come in and enjoy homemade pasta, sauces, meatballs, and chef- recommended specials. We are also a BYOB so feel free to bring in your favorite bottle of wine, with no corking fee. So come on in and join us for an unforgettable evening out with friends and family for some great food and service, guaranteed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Casa Bella Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
Casa Bella Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (13)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Top-NotchHawwisonVIPDined on 11/23/2014Always excellent food and service; the waitress and assistant server were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We met for a 6m dinner on a moderately busy Saturday night with a group of 4 adults and 1 child. We ordered appetizers which came quickly but our entrée took almost 90 minutes to be brought out. Others who came after us were served and we ordered nothing complicated so we assume our server forgot to put the order in. She then did not admit it and told us the kitchen was running behind because it was busy. We were offered no additional bread, water or drinks during the wait and had no contact by our waitress until at least 60 minutes in. That being said, once the food came it was amazing. We just wouldn't go back due to the poor service.Special Features:
- date nightsnowdogVIPDined on 11/21/2014Had dinner here on Friday night and had a delicious meal! Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, and service was amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Price is too expensive for the size of the portions but the food was delicious. Excellent service! Very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemBeachGirlDined on 10/30/2014The veal dishes are spectacular! My friends and I love the appetizers too. I appreciate being able to BYOB and the staff are quick to meet your needs, ice bucket, etc. The atmosphere is lovely and always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa BellacolbyDined on 10/19/2014Took our parents for an anniversary dinner and had a fabulous meal. The employees were great and the food was excellent!Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good food, good environment good service. Convenient location and parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLuv2dineDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went there with another couple for dinner. Bread is ok it's warm and soft, but just ok. I had the chicken saltimbucca and it was pretty good. My husband had chicken parm and that was pretty yummy. We both ordered ceasar salads to start. Salads aren't included with dinner which is ok, but to charge 7.95 for an ok Caesar salad with a dinner entree seems a bit high. Overall experience was good just nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- PickyfoodiePickyfoodieDined on 10/11/2014The food here is excellent, but it took forever to get the meal. We were with friends so we had a good time talking, but if we were alone the length of time it took to get served would have been annoying. Also the crabmeat on my dish did not taste good. They definitely needed more help for a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/11/2014First time eating at casa bella. Great energy, service and food. Very attentive to anyone with a food allergies. Can't go wrong dining at casa bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply deliciouselisavetDined on 9/14/2014I came with my family for the first time to celebrate my birthday and the food was simply delicious. I'm Italian myself, and tend to be picky w/ Italian food, but Casa Bella exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly and deliciousgilchDined on 8/29/2014Cass Bella is a great restaurant in downtown Haddonfield. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and are very willing to personalize dishes to your liking. Needless to say, the food is excellent. Byob. Great restaurant in a great location!Special Features:
- Excellent service.RickDined on 8/25/2014My girlfriend and I went here for an evening dinner on a Monday for our anniversary. First, it was one of only a scant few restaurants open in Haddonfield on Mondays, so that was a plus. The service was excellent, with just the right amount of checking up and our server offering to take pictures and suggesting ways to commemorate the occasion. The food was not the best we've had, but was very good and was fairly priced (a rare thing in Haddonfield). Overall, it was a good night out and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes were deliciouskittysharkDined on 8/24/2014Came with 3 friends, left satisfied. Crab cakes were delicious. Waitress was attentive.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2014My book club met here last Thursday. It was wonderful. The waitress and owner/manager gave us a lot of attention. The appetizers were great - calamari and an eggplant dish! Everyone enjoyed their meals! I had chicken parmasean - I loved the sauce. My sister had cappalleni with a vodka sauce and crap meat - oh my!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy anniversary dinnertastenjDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious anniversary meal at Casa Bella Trattoria last Tuesday night. It was not very crowded, but there was only one server. I think she worked very hard serving people inside and outside. I counted 10 parties there in the time that we were dining! The food was very good and the portions were ample. We liked our beet salad appetizer and chicken entrees :) We would definitely visit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining divadiningdiva1Dined on 8/18/2014We had a group of 8 women for lunch. Table was ready on time and the waitress couldn't have been nicer. The chicken salad over greens was delicious, and the chocolate chip cheesecake was wonderful. However O wouldn't recommend the sweet potato fries. They were a bit greasy and limp. I like mine very crispy. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant suprise!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic dinner!!!! So glad we tried this restaurant!! The food was fantastic and the service outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Little Placemudd19Dined on 8/7/2014Loved this place. The food was very good in this sweet, quaint little restaurant in the center of town. The service was outstanding. Would definitely recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Casa Bella Trattoria reviews archive.
- Another really good meal hereMisslolaDined on 7/26/2014We really enjoy this place. The spaghetti and meatballs are really delicious. The tomato basil soup is some of the best I have ever tasted. The service is always very good as well. We will continue to come back and long as those meatballs are on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian food at good priceSlewoffoodDined on 7/23/2014We had the "restaurant week" special, which included app, salad, entree, and dessert for 24.95! The food was great, highlighted by the eggplant rollatine app. Which was delicious; thin sliced eggplant rolled around excellent cheese and a nice sauce- would definitely recommend! The service was friendly and attentive, and the owners are on site and personally welcome diners to their establishment. Parking is nearby, and plentiful in public lot.the room decor is straight trattoria; pleasant, but can be loud depending on the size of the tables dining. I would definitely recommend CAsa Bella!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDeniseVIPDined on 7/19/2014I purchased a living social deal so we tried out Casa Bella. Judy, our waitress, was excellent! Made us feel very comfortable and at home. We started with sharing the Broccoli soup and caesar salad. Soup was good, salad was fair. I had a baby shrimp and cavatelli special which was small and fair - I didn't care for the taste/broth it was prepared in. My boyfriend had one of the chicken dishes, which he enjoyed. We saw zeppoli's being prepared for another table, and being originally from NY, we had to try them. They were EXCELLENT!!!! I would go back just for them!! Generous serving and brought some home to my son, who enjoyed them even though they were cold by then.
- Nothing specialKateNDined on 7/12/2014There are a lot of Italian restaurants in the area so if would take something special to get 4-5 stars and Casa Bella was nothing special. I had penne vodka w homemade meatballs (on the side... They couldn't figure out how to make then let of my meal ON my sauce so I had them in a marinara sauce but my pasta in vodka sauce!) meatballs were decent- three very large sized. Penne/sauce was tasteless. My MIL had a BLT that again was 'normal' and fries were gross. Also the staff stood right behind our table arguing every time a new customer walked in who was going to get that table- very rude.
- Excellent italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Decided to go here last minute for dinner on a beautiful Monday night.. The serve and food was excellent.. You know you found a great place when the owner helps out.. He went up to every table making sure everything was good! Definitely a great place to check out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a fantastic place.apultraclassicVIPDined on 6/28/2014First of all it's a great dining experience. The owner is very active in the overall operation of his restaurant. He personally makes sure that everything is to your liking. The food here is great. Very fresh and tasty. There are always terrific specials. The wait staff is well trained, very attentive but not over whelming. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- Personal serviceUrDocVIPDined on 6/13/2014Attentive service with a smile, friendly atmosphere , ample menu , good food,excellent appetizers, very accommodating, easy to get a reservation .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian food and friendly!BblandoDined on 6/13/2014We went to Casa for a birthday dinner. The staff welcomed us from the moment we arrived. Our waitress was always available and our water glasses were always full. Some diners opted for the Special since it was before 6:30 and had a four course meal for $20. All of the food was delicious, which is saying a lot coming from an Italian family. The staff cut and served our cake for us! They gave us plenty of time and there was no up-selling. Thank you, Casa Bella! Keep up the great service. I recommend this place to anyone looking for good food and great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dzoblin123Dined on 5/31/2014Everyone was really nice. The waiters/waitresses were very accommadating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2014We were looking for a nice Italian Restaurant for my Graduation dinner. There were 8 of us and I was weary as we chose Casa Bella offline strictly based on other customer ratings. It exceeded all of our expectations. The food and service was amazing. Everything was delicious and my entire family was raving about their dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Haddonfield Trattoria!MikeyJumpshot1Dined on 5/11/2014Good consistent restaurant in nice location with reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good serviceMeishkaDined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for Mothers Day 2 weeks in advance. I went over the menu to make sure everyone in the family would be happy with the food selection and the price. When we arrived that night we were given a much smaller menu with prices that were $2-$5 more than the menu on open table. When I asked the manager about this change and expressed my concern that the food we had hoped to purchase was unavailable I was told that those items were not available for this special occasion. When I asked why the prices were raised she said that they were "larger portions". I truly do not understand why on a night that is about celebrating Mothers hard work we were price gouged. I will not be returning.
- Great Food, Not Great ServiceFriendsDined on 5/11/2014My family (8 of us) went here for mother's day - our table was not ready, we waited 20 minutes for the table, then waited another 10 minutes for our order to be taken. Everything here is a la carte, so a salad is $10 extra on top of the price of the entree, yet the waitress would ask soup or salad so you felt like it was included. One meal came out wrong (was ordered to come with broccoli in place of pasta due to gluten allergy) and another meal did not come out and was not noticed by the staff at all, we had to tell them. Our food was excellent despite the delays and we would go back again just not on a "holiday" weekend.Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialBarbaraVIPDined on 5/10/2014The roasted beet salad - canned beets on a plate with canned artichokes and two pieces of asparagus. No seasoning. No flavor. Our two entrees were average. I won't give it a second chance.
- Great little italian placeLdiangeloVIPDined on 5/10/2014Took daughter and boyfriend for dinner sat night....great food. We all shared the fried zucchini and mussels in red, both were delicious. The service was slower than usual but made for a nice enjoyable meal..would highly recommend this little gem to anyone in the haddonfield area to try it out...you won't be disappointed...Wilson and his wife (I cannot begin to spell her name correctly) were great hosts....Phil and I will be back. LisaSpecial Features:
- Charming60somethingDined on 5/3/2014Had an early lunch with a couple of old friends. Our first time here and we were very happy with all aspects. It was nice to look out on the Kings Highway which was bustling on a Saturday afternoon. A little chilly to eat outside, but next time we'd like to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything tasted great!Dzoblin123Dined on 5/1/2014The food tasted great and the service, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeKatieDined on 4/24/2014It was our first time dining at Casa Bella and everything was delicious! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014I had chicken with sun dried tomato and my husband had chicken with crab and asparagus. Both were good dishes but neither was unique. We have found similar and equally good dishes at a number of good restaurants. The service was outstanding. I am on a diet. They met my needs by serving my chicken over spinach, rather than pasta. The servers were very attentive, topping off our glasses many times and offering more rolls, etc.
- great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Great place good food and our waitress was awesome! Will be back..I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priced specialErnestVIPDined on 4/19/2014The special with risotto and mussels was $25.00. There was 6 mussels and the appearance of 2-3 scoops of risotto. Seems overprice for so little. It was well prepared and flavorful. The regular menu has more substantial portions and more reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.