2980 Bloor St W
Etobicoke, ON M8X 1B9Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casabarcelona.ca/
- Phone: 4162345858
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 am - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Casa Barcelona
Casa Barcelona has infuenced the growing popularity of Spanish tapas in Toronto's dining scene since its conception twelve years ago. It has become the restaurant by which all other tapas restaurants are measured and continues to be the highest rated Spanish restaurant in the country where its secret to succes is uniqueness. No other restaurant can knock your socks off by offering live entertainmenet every Friday & Saturday, special events such as cooking lessons and wine tasting, and a menu of more than 140 tapas, 50 main courses and the second best selection of wines in Toronto wit over 1100 labels and an inventory of 27000 bottles. Join the tapas craze and choose Casa Barcelona for a one of a kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Casa Barcelona reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (6)late-night find (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I love tapas!JoobsDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner on a night when there was no entertainment, so I'm sure the noise level was a lot quieter than usual. The reason we chose Casa Barcelona was the wide variety of options on the menu. In our party of 7, we had one person with celiac disease (a true, medically confirmed gluten intolerance), one vegan, and one person with IBS. The selection of mains and tapas is enormous, and the staff were all very helpful in making selections to accommodate us. I love tasting so many delicious options. Everything was presented beautifully and was so flavourful. Loved the sangria too. not too sweet, plenty of fruit... we'll be back.Special Features:
- A trip to SpaincomaquiDined on 7/19/2014The best thing about Casa Barcelona is the absolutely authentic tapas. I don't think there's anywhere else in Toronto that you're going to get the variety, and the quality, along with a stupendous wine list.Special Features:
- A little corner of Spain in TorontoeatwellintorontoDined on 7/5/2014If you have never been to Spain, visit Casa Barcelona and you will be transported there. While the decor is dated, the quiet but attentive service, the large and varied tapas menu and authentic sangria make up for any other short comings. Especially love the patatas with spicy sauce ,the crab-stuffed Spanish red peppers and the perfectly cooked shrimp and scallops in a saffron sauce. Along with the tapas menu there are main courses and paella offerings as well. Casa Barcelona is worth a visit, whether for a romantic dinner or as a group outing - it is sure to please. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedsatisfechaDined on 5/30/2014I have eaten at Casa Barcelona on different occasions in different seasons and have always really enjoyed the experience. The value for the quality and amount of food is excellent; the selection is almost overwhelming; and the service has always been superb. Friday evenings often feature a belly dancer who is very good and has fun with the crowd. Also a great place to practice your Spanish - the owner greets everyone throughout the night. I highly recommend Casa Barcelona.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Casa Barcelona reviews archive.
- GoodTimeCasaDined on 5/17/2014We were here or my wife's birthday. Overall a very enjoyable experience. Live entertainment was great and was not the distraction some describe in other reviews of the restaurant. Food was great and for the occasional dine out Casa Barcelona is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casa Barcelona has changedGiovanniDined on 3/1/2014We found the food good but as not great as it used to be. The service was absolutely terrible, long waits and the 2 younger female servers were not talkative, going through the motions, rather unfriendly with not even smiles on their faces. I know that the menu must change from time to time and we can expect that but it took all of our muster to give a 15% gratuity when truly we should have been offered something. Didn't care for the fact that we even had to pay for the bread with 3 lousy olives.
- Great ambiance once the FlamingomrtjtDined on 2/28/2014Great ambiance once the Flamingo and Belly Dancer get going! Food and wine are very good, but not cheap. Portions are reasonable. Paella is ewxcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casa barcelonayummytummyDined on 2/15/2014Service was slow and food was not authentic. Small place; means sitting too close to other diners.
- excellent tasteWestBankDined on 2/14/2014The food was incredible. A fabulous array of tastes. Will definitely return. Service was a little slow and somewhat unorganized but it was Valentines and very busy. The quality of the food more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedNorthofthewallDined on 2/14/2014My wife and me went to Casa Barcelona last night for Valentines dinner. Wow what a dissapointment! The food was ok but i reccommend the chef cutdown on the salt. The salt in all my tapas dishes were so salty I could not appreciate the food. Mind you the actual food was cooked perfectly but way too heavy handed with the salt. The service was atrocious! It took 2 hours for all our food to be served. The waitress totally ignored us the whole night. The noise level was absolutely horrible! They had a violin player who mind you was very talented but the volume of was so loud I couldnt even have a conversation with my wife. I suggest people go to the restaurant down the street called " La Veranda Osteria". Food and service are much better.Special Features:
- Excellent foodFamilyDined on 12/29/2013This is probably 5th time we are visiting this restaurant. We travel a lot and this restaurant has the tapas that we like and tried in Spain. Their food is excellent. I am not crazy about a service as I feel rushed, and they are not as pleasant as you would expect. But we just order, eat and leave. Nobody says good bye, or shows any kind of appreciation. That bothers me, yet we keep coming because of the food, and it is near our house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but left hungry.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2013Good food but left hungry. Very small portions for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas TerrificwewerethereDined on 10/26/2013A lovely neighbourhood spot for any occasion. Tapas combos offer a wide ranging variety of food -- beef, pork, chicken croquettes (to die for), seafood, fish, homemade chorizo and vegetables -- all bought to the table, piping hot and perfectly cooked, in stages by pleasant servers. The entertainment isn't all that important to us, but for those who like Spanish dancing and belly dancing, you'll get it here. The owner is very nice and comes by to have a word. We'll be going back soon for more. Ole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedtablefor6Dined on 10/19/2013Although the entertainment was great..belly dancer and flamenco dancer, the price of the food and what you received was quite disappointing. Expensive and not enough to go around, not to mention how hurried it all was. It is a shame because the menu was packed with many options and combos and the whole concept inviting, one the plates came, we were left wanting more. We ordered a combo and this was not enough to feed the four of us. Now I do understand that this is tapas, but these portions were very small, and very expensive, and like said before, left us wanting more.
- Pleasant eveningRobertDined on 10/13/2013We had a most pleasant evening at Casa Barcelona. Our party of 4 was warmly greeted and promptly seated. The menu was a bit intimidating as it was quite long and contained many categories. We gladly agreed to have the owner select small dishes for us. These kept coming until we were quite full. They included hot and cold dishes as well as seafood, vegetables and meat. Highlights were the mixed vegetables (like French ratatouille), the beef and the churros for dessert. We shared all the dishes Spanish style. This was possible as serving size was larger than traditional tapas.Special Features:
- Choice for AnniversaryNickNameDined on 9/23/2013It was a good venue for a dinner for our anniversary. The owners are friendly and provide good service. The portions are more than ample. More vegetables in the combo tapas would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CASA BARCELONAOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2013THIS WAS OUR SECOND TIME DINING IN A LIL NEIGHBOURHOOD GEM AND WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK AGAIN! WOULD LOVE TO GO WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS ON A SATURDAY EVENING AS THEY HAVE GREAT DANCERS AND ITS ENERGETIC AND FUN. FOOD AS ALWAYS WAS EXCELLENT AND SO WAS THE SERVICE WE GIVE THE PLACE A BIG THUMBS UP! KEEP UP THE QUALITY OF GREAT FOOD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF YOU ARE IN THE MOOD FOR SOME GOOD TAPASSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tapas!WilliamDined on 6/1/2013I haven't been here in awhile but the food is still very good. The menu was too long for me to read, so I asked the owner to make us a combo of Tapas with seafood and meats. Started off with a big glass of Estrella beer. Then Spanish Red Wine. The tapas consisted of Chorizo, Shrimps, veggies, a potato dish, roasted pork, calamari, fish - which was so good, dates with pork, beef and a Paella as the last dish. We topped it off with Churros with a dulce de leche dip and chocolate dip, a creme brulee and a Spanish coffee. They still had belly dancing and a Flamenco show for entertainment later on in the evening. Both dancers were awesome, talented and pretty. All four of us totally enjoyed the evening. Great $$$ Value for 4 people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The good and bad of "old school"OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013On net, this is an excellent restaurant with outstanding, attentive, and friendly service. The food has some standouts: The paella, the bread, and the chorizo are traditional and wonderful. My main suggestion would be to lighten the rest of the menu: there is too much cream and fat. I expect there are ways to update the recipes that would do justice to the traditional spirit of tapas, while maintaining the best of the traditional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owners are lovely andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013The owners are lovely and very friendly, the food came out quickly and the venison stew we ordered was very nice, but that is about all I can say I really enjoyed about our night out at this restaurant. Most of the food was so oily that my stomach was off for the rest of the night. The chorizo sausage sat in a pool of oil and did not have a lot of flavour. The olives were extremely salty. The risotto was oily and the mussels in the risotto were cooked to the point of being rubbery. The shrimp dish we ordered had the same rubbery texture. The fruit in the red sangria was very bitter. I love tapas and I really wanted to love this little place in my neighborhood but the food was really disappointing.
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/19/2013House salad was excellent. Shrimp and scallop tapas were great but a little bit over-priced. Grilled fish tapa was just perfect. The best thing was the churros dessert with chocolate. crepe was disappointing. the menu was extremely hard to read. The place seemed pretty authentic but the interior and menu seemed pretty old.Special Features:
- My husband took me this gemMirnaBurnsDined on 5/11/2013My husband took me this gem of a restaurant as he know i love Tapas. Having been to Barcelona and indulging in the amazing food there, I have a tough palate to please. This restaurant did not disappoint. The food was abundant and flavourful (the best crab cakes i have ever had), the wine was phenomenal, but the server and ambiance were sensational. I look forward to returning and trying out more of their delicious cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to come back toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013It is really a neighborhood gem. It was an early evening outing with the family 2 adults and 3 kids. We had the entire place to ourselves and full attention from the owner which was great because the menu here is dizzying with food items. The food selection is great and should satisfy everybody: from vegetarians to meat lovers. One of our kids has certain foods intolerance so one of our top criteria for a good restaurant is its ability to create dishes outside of the standard menu items. The owner at Casa Barcelona certainly passed this test. Soon enough people started to trickle in and you could see from the interactions with the owner that it was not their first time which is always a reassuring sign for first time visitors.Special Features:
- Tapas are an excellent wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Tapas are an excellent way to sample various foods on the menu. The servers are helpful with recommending what to select. The ambience is great for a romantic evening out. You do want to keep track of your tapas if you order the combination platter as the server may forget one. Overall it is a nice place to go for a special occasion. Not an everyday casual dining restaurant as the prices are high. In addition the food is rich and tasty, not for the diet conscious for sure.Special Features:
- The food is an excellent sampleOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/9/2013The food is an excellent sample of real Spanish food, probably the best in Toronto.
- Never fails to impressggrecoVIPDined on 2/28/2013Fantastic as usual! I never get tired of the food here - fresh, authentic, well-presented and YUMMY. Amazing wine list...you'll be surprised at the selection and the prices are incredible. Hosts are knowledgeable, friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:
- The food was delicious! IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was delicious! I would highly recommend Casa Barcelona for special occasions or date nights. As a twenty-two year old, I found it a bit pricey for my own budget, but the quality of service and food was outstanding!Special Features:
- Treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Love tapas. It's not cheap but opportunity to try lots of differnet dishes and to share. Great Sangaria and spanish wines. Always a good time here. My only complaint is I find they are slow to seat you and slow to bring the bill. Drinks and food come fast though, so all in all a good dinner outSpecial Features:
- Service is very bad, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Service is very bad, the food is over priced. Will never return.
- Food was great however wishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Food was great however wish the portions of the tapas were a little larger. Deserts were delicious would definitely go back.Special Features:
- i have been there before andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013i have been there before and would recommend for all. The service is fabulous along with the food and the wine expertise is excellent.Special Features:
- Edoardo (?),the owner/chef,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013Edoardo (?),the owner/chef, must have sensed our group's difficulty in navigating through a very extensive menu and offered to assist in the choice. He went beyond aassisting;he actually took over the function of feeding a party of eight, including three children, and he came through as a magnificent host.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood Gem!SillyDuckDined on 12/31/2012Great food, so much menu to choose from. Must go back again and again to be able to try their 140 tapas food lists! Only complaint is service is very slow, took about 15 min for a server to even come honour table once we were seated. But it's authentic, family owned and well worth the wait. Just go, be patient, and make sure you don't have somewhere to be after.Special Features:
- The food has always been excellentzxu68Dined on 12/31/2012The food has always been excellent at Casa Barcelona. We thoroughly enjoyed it again this time on the New Years' Eve. The belly dancing that night certainly added entertainment to the dinner out, except the music was a bit loud. Casa Barcelona has been a great neighourhood restaurant that I can go to whenever I have a crave for some tapas!Special Features:
- Excellent service! TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012Excellent service! Tasty food and great service from husband and wife owners team.Special Features:
- What a find! I have been livingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/12/2012What a find! I have been living in the area for 3 years and I can't believe that I didn't know about this place sooner. The menu is quite extensive and the wine list will blow you away. The service and the food were outstanding. The owner waited on us and couldn't have been a better host. This is a not miss restaurant.Special Features:
- AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2012Great authentic Spanish cuisine. Extensive food and wine menu. Great ambiance and friendly service. Our favourite spot.Special Features: