Carvers Steaks and Seafood - Sandy
10720 South Holiday Park Drive
Sandy, UT 84070Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Carvers Steaks and Seafood - Sandy
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carversutah.com/
- Phone: 8015725177
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: Sunday Brunch Buffet 10 am - 2 pm
Reservations 5 PM to 9:45 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Leao Medina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From the Library Room with a roaring fire and book-lined shelves to the Garden Room with its slate floor and wicker chairs, we can accommodate groups of 20 to 200. Carvers has several banquet menus to suit your needs. Keep us in mind for you next Christmas party, rehearsal dinner or luncheon.
- Private Party Contact: Alison Leach 8015725177
A word from Carvers Steaks and Seafood - Sandy
Carvers Steaks and Seafood located in Sandy, offers a unique dinning experience. We offer delicious steaks, prime rib, and refreshing seafood selections. From the Library Room with a roaring fire and book-lined shelves to the Garden Room with its slate floor and wicker chairs, we can accommodate groups of 20 to 200. Carvers has several banquet menus to suit your needs. Keep us in mind for you next Christmas party, rehearsal dinner or luncheon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carvers Steaks and Seafood - Sandy reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not a single thing to complainShaneDined on 10/8/2013Not a single thing to complain about but the best part by far was the service. I will certainly be back soon to try other items from the menu. Our food was cooked to perfection and the Bread Pudding dessert in particular was delicious. We both loved my Rib Eye but found the filet to be a touch too cooked throughout for medium. The ambiance is great for couples, families or groups looking for an upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are stopping this brunch-BobBVIPDined on 10/6/2013They are stopping this brunch- too bad, with a little more work this could be great... Unfortunately, this Sunday the had some problems, the sauces for the Benedict was not hot and the one rolls was a bit stale.. Great idea that I will say again could be great. Loved the Benedict idea over the usual omlet fare.Special Features:
- excellent as usualfoodwiseDined on 10/1/2013We had a wonderful evening with excellent service, food and wine. Always a special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!Badfish82Dined on 9/30/2013We had a great experience at Carver's. We got a table quickly, service was great, and the food tasted excellent. This is a special occasion restaurant though, because everything is a little pricey. The food is a better quality than standard restaurants so it is mostly deserving of the higher price. The only quibble we had was that we ordered a Surf & Turf meal that we thought was a nightly special by the way the server described it to us. It turned out that it was just the combination of two meals into one which made our experience more expensive than we thought. We should have verified that it was a special before ordering it Service was quick and friendly. Our server even comped a desert for us because our anniversary was coming up.Special Features:
- TastyjeanegenieVIPDined on 9/23/2013As I travel enough, I like to find a good place for my landing- dinner meal. This is it, close enough to walk to and the appetizers and wide selection of appetizers is just enough to get me settled for the evening. The lamb chops are wonderful with the chutney adds to the cajun flavors.Special Features:
- Best prime rib!Eat4funDined on 9/17/2013Their menus is fantastic! Every single course was delicious. We started with shrimp cocktail, followed by spinach salad. My husband's prime rib was the best we've EVER had! The outside was encrusted with herbs & seasonings, making a yummy crust that infused into each tender bite. I had Tornadoes Oscar. I asked for medium, & the filet medallions were a bit overcooked. But the crab meat & fabulous bernaise sauce made up for that. I'd probably just order medium rare next time. The dessert selections looked absolutely decadent, but we were so full from dinner, we just couldn't find room. Next time though! Carver's is a bit pricey ($35-$50/person), but well worth it for a quiet, romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDRHandBDHDined on 9/16/2013The other steak-house chains that have come to the valley don't come close. Enjoy a night at Carvers. You'll pay, but its worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperiencePattiDined on 9/12/2013We enjoyed our evening, lived up to reputation. Prime rib excellentSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion made specialyummyfoodlvrDined on 9/7/2013I went there for my birthday dinner since my previous favorite restaurant closed. I wanted a steak and after reviewing several steak houses I chose this one. I made reservations, and even though there was a very brief wait we were seated quickly. The entrance and restaurant are very serene, lighting is light which gives it a nice intimate atmosphere. Noise is not an issue. We were immediately served with water and informed our server will be with us shortly. Service was excellent throughout the meal, the food was cooked perfectly, and a drink I had was made great. Desert was wonderful. It was an all around great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average steaksHennieDined on 9/7/2013My husband and I both had steaks. The steaks were stringy and didn't have a very good flavor.. Very disappointing...Don't think we will be back.... Quality was average and prices were high... We did, however, have great service...
- DisappointedRamila3VIPDined on 9/6/2013Ambiance was lacking. The steaks were just okay. I was disappointed and would not recommend this restaurant. I read the reviews on open table and found them to be very inaccurate.
- Great Food with Excellent ServicemarysunshineDined on 8/17/2013We went here on a Saturday night for my husband's 70th birthday. From the moment we were greeted at the door until the moment we left we were taken care of like royalty. The wait staff is excellent, the wine list is excellent, the food is excellent, and the noise level was low so we could enjoy our food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good service,RabbiDined on 8/15/2013Good food and good service, it's hard not to like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinnercuremode2002Dined on 8/14/2013My wife and I went out for our 14th anniversary dinner. The food was excellent, impeccable service, and very quiet and calm atmosphere. It is a bit on the pricey side plan on bringing about 30-40 more than you think you will spend. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food, service OKskigolfhikeDined on 8/14/2013This was my 3rd time to Carvers. The first time, the waitress was amazing. The second time, the waiter was awful and rude, and this time the waiter was nice, but distracted and forgetful. I would expect better service for a place that is about 50 bucks a person. However, the food is really good and always done perfectly. Much better than most "chain" steak places.Special Features:
- Celebrated an anniversaryfinedining101Dined on 8/9/2013Celebrated an anniversary with my wife. Service and food were great and the atmosphere was good. We have dined at Carvers before and will go back again. It is a nice all around experience with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We returned to Carver's afterTNPBDined on 8/9/2013We returned to Carver's after many years of staying away....we had gone there a lot in previous years and then had bad service and mediocre food a few times in a row so we quit going there. We gave it another try this weekend and were thoroughly delighted. The evening was perfect....not one thing could have improved from the moment we walked in until our meal was completed and we went home. Delicious blueberry mojito, amazing spinach salad, the twin filet mignon's with crab and hollandaise were extraordinary, the au gratin potatoes were to die for, and the raspberry bread pudding was delicious....but honestly was a bit much after such a huge dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Bad MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013I have scheduled many group dinners at Carvers & this is the first time the meals for everyone attending were not perfect.Special Features:
- Took clients here based onHexDinerDined on 8/6/2013Took clients here based on a friends recommendation. The both the atmosphere and the food were excellent. For a steak house the prices were also fairly reasonable. I will definitely take clients back in the future.Special Features:
- Steak DinnerUtahVacationers2Dined on 7/27/2013We ordered two filet mignon steaks. Both were cooked as ordered and were extremely tender throughout---absolutely no fat. Sides (potato/vegetables) were also very good. A very positive experience would highly recommend to all.Special Features:
- Not Worth the Money...luv2dineDined on 7/27/2013The food was okay, but it was way overpriced for what I actually got. My husband and I both agreed that we would rather get a steak at Outback Steakhouse, which is much cheaper. The food wasn't flavorful and the portions were very small. Also, it was very dark and hard to see the menu. It was not worth the money.
- Our meal was very good. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Our meal was very good. We enjoyed the spinach salad and the baked sweet potatoes. The serving of carrots was a little small but tasty. My wife's filet was excellent. My NY strip was good but not great. It was cut a bit unevenly so that one end was thicker than the other. While the thicker end was properly cooked, the thinner end was overdone. The sourdough bread had a good flavor, but was too thick and hard for our liking. It was very difficult to cut even with a serrated knife. The serving staff was attentive and helpful in describing different dishes and recommending different choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013I've been to business dinners at Carvers many times and never been disappointed. It is a nice quiet steakhouse with a good menu and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!LeeshielouDined on 7/17/2013My husband and I ate here for our anniversary! It was fabulous!!! We loved it and the service was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-great service.rcoxDined on 7/9/2013Great food-great service. Everything was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceThree4dinnerDined on 7/6/2013I want to say that this was an excellent choice for dinner while I was in Salt Lake City area, I had the filet which was excellent. The server was one of the best I have had while dining out. You have to try carver's if you are looking for perfection.Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our visit.ScrappyDined on 7/5/2013We very much enjoyed our visit. The food was excellent, and the service outstanding, they were especially kind and thoughtful even with some special requests that most would think odd. I appreciated the care that was taken to ensure that we were pleased with food and the service from the moment we arrived until we were gone. Very Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice new placejilleoDined on 6/29/2013My husband said his steak was delicious. My stuffed salmon was great as well. Service was wonderful. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon :) - New York ;(NewYorkCutLoverDined on 6/21/2013Had a nice evening with my wife here. The spinach salad was wonderful. I was disappointed with my New York cut. It was in a marinade that did not seem to have much flavor and the meet was very tough to cut and chew. On a different note my wife ordered the Filet Mignon and it was delicious! Melt in your mouth. So I would dine again, just not get the new york cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the place looks dated butbuffpuffDined on 6/15/2013the place looks dated but in general the food was quite yummy, the prime rib was by far the BEST of everything we triedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good times.jbing007Dined on 6/15/2013Our experience at Carvers was excellent. My wife ordered the Coconut Halibut and I had the Filet Bleu by you. She didn't let me sample to much of her fish, but I liked the blend of flavors. My Filet was cooked perfectly through-out the steak. It was well seasoned, the bleu cheese was perfect, didn't overpower the other flavors of the steak and mushrooms. The warm apple crisp topped things off nicely. :) We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPrainaDined on 6/8/2013It took them 2 hours to bring our food out. Will probably never go back.
- Great food!!RbtrneyDined on 5/31/2013The filet & prime rib are excellent- juicy, tender, and flavorful. The sides were also very good. I always enjoy this place for special occasions. I also bring out of town business associates here as a special treat while they are traveling. The service was slightly lacking this time in that the server seemed to be in a hurry- like he might have had too many tables to wait on. He never asked what we would like to drink after getting the food order & didn't return until it was time for the salads to come out before the dinner. Once getting the salads out and getting the drink order, it took a long time for him to return with drinks and main meal. Other needs were difficult to get because he would disappear and we couldn't get his attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carvers- amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013We went here for our 10 year anniversary. The table was great and tucked into the corner. We had a great waitress and the food was amazing! Everything was cooked perfectly!Special Features:
- We loved our waiter, Steve.HeLoriAnnDined on 5/30/2013We loved our waiter, Steve.He was very friendly and knew the menu well. Made great recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. NothingWeeklyDateWithMyWifeDined on 5/24/2013The food was great. Nothing short of expected. Entre was slow in coming. We joked we thought they required us to completely clear our salad plate before serving the main course. As it turns out the waitress took all the responsibility saying she neglected to key in the order quickly enough. She offered dessert on her to make up for it. My wife had her usual filet with mixed veggied while I had the Kanas City Strip and kicked it up by having it Rockefeller style. It was, like I said, great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Wife on 16th AnniversaryRivertonRayDined on 5/24/2013This was our first time at Carver's. Arrived at 5 PM on a Friday and we had the entire restaurant to ourselves for the first 20 minutes or so. Loved the Filet Mignon (Oscar style). My wife really enjoyed the coconut shrimp. The sourdough loaf was amazing. The service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2013When you go get a driver order a bottle or two from a very good wine list. Ask to sit in Joanna/ Diego's section. They are a team and great. I cannot recommend this place enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarversOolatwilekDined on 5/17/2013I took my son here to celebrate him being home from BYU. It was a fabulous experience from start to end.Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/16/2013I took the family to Carvers for my Fathers B-day. Food & service were excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.