Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
2620 - 32nd Avenue N.E.
Calgary, AB T1Y 6B8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratoncavaliercalgary.com/calgary-restaurants
- Phone: (403) 250-6327
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Todd Buist
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your large or small needs we have great new facilities to accommodate your wants.
- Private Party Contact: Junaid Andrabi 4032506327x
- Entertainment: Tableside preparation of your choice.
A word from Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
Best in Class dining experience is the focus for our newly redesigned restaurant. Now open, Carvers’ Steakhouse has moved toward local ingredients and the trend of modern style steakhouse. It features rich, warm, contemporary décor in a relaxed and upbeat ambience. While keeping its traditional concept of a steakhouse, our menu features creative and well-rounded dishes from locally sourced farmers and producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (8)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I miss the table side flambe. I had not been here in a while and was sad to hear this is gone. The decor has definitely improved since the renovation which is a big plus coming from the dull prior setup. Funny how it seems they missed the washroom during the upgrade. The steak is excellent, of course the silver cut filet mignon. Beet starter ordered. Interesting Puree in a round bowl and no spoon? was not sure how to proceed. This almost required eating instructions. Do you dip with the little buns provided? look funny using a fork to scoop beet whip with your knife and fork? I had hyped up the place and the result was not overly impressed by other parties. This is of course, knowing others are better at the same price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent updatesdinergirlVIPDined on 11/22/2014Recent renovations look excellent. Menu changes were disappointing as the table side service for the Caesar salad, Chateaubriand and desserts is no longer offered. Prices have increased and unfortunately steaks are served without vegetables making a nutritious meal that much more expensive. Staff continue to be friendly and welcoming.
- CarversGarryh123Dined on 11/22/2014The food,the service and the ambiance are top notch.We had a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!!!!!SJensenDined on 11/21/2014We went to Carvers for the first time last Friday. From start to finish everything was incredible!!! The service was great and we really enjoyed the atmosphere as well. The best part though was the food.... Amazing!!!! We dine out often and can honestly say this was the best meal we have ever had. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and the truffle mac and cheese was to die for!! We had the baked brie cheesecake and chocolate molton cake for dessert... Absolutely delicious!!!! Carvers is our new favorite place and we cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestCoastGalDined on 11/20/2014Beautifully designed restaurant with a menu to accommodate the toughest critic; creative and extremely delicious food, and a knock-out wine list to top it all off. The ambience in this dining room is rich, warm and comfortable, and the service is outstanding. No disappointments here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience. Probably best steakhouse in townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014This is a fantastic place for diners. Reasonably priced, the new face of Carver's may not have the classics that they use to but the new menu is phenomenal. From the oysters, and fresh seafood platter to the steak offerings and beautifully prepared Salmon. We also had the 8oz Wagyu and was cooked perfectly, the Rack of Lamb is local and absolutely delicious. Cooked to perfection. All items we ordered looked really fresh and beautifully prepared and flavorful. The service, too, was amazing. Server was very attentive, friendly, knowledgable but not obtrusive. Great experience, affordable wine list, very pleasant atmosphere. Would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014Dinner and service was wonderful, Linda made us feel at home! Congratulations on the renovations !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Carvers of old!DisappointedDined on 11/8/2014New Management, New Reno and New Menu. We have been regular clients of carvers for many years now.Table side service is no longer available. I found the our meal to be just OK. New Caesar salad ok and the Rib Steak was ok. Personally for $148 with tip, you will be equally happy with the Keg.
- New look and new menu.Bravo2ZeroDined on 11/6/2014Excellent food, attentive service, perfect wine pairing. Everything well timed, well presented, and perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average & a little ExpensiveAnneVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food and service was good but not outstanding especially since the meal was over $100/person - including moderately priced wine. Portions were large but it tasted fine but for the price, I was expecting a much higher quality meal. The Keg would have done a similar job for half the price. Good if you happen to be in or near the Sheraton Cavalier Hotel.Special Features:
- carversBobgVIPDined on 11/4/2014Recent reno = nice spot, quiet, comfortable New Menu = went to far! Carvers was known as a solid steakhouse in NE Calgary. Now menu is tough to figure out, fancy names = fancy dishes= hungry diners at the end of the night. Champagne oysters appetizer - goal was to find the oyster, Prawn add-on with steak = three small shrimp for $20! Salmon over cooked and dry, steaks did not have the Carvers spices of old so very bland. Add-Ons all extra made it a very expensive dinner for four. Service however was very good (we knew she did not plan the menu or cook the meals). We will not be going back.Special Features:
- A pricey food experience.foodexplorerDined on 11/1/2014We dined at 6 pm when the restaurant wasn't too busy. They sat us at a table with communal bench seating and the neighbouring tables were too close to one another to allow for intimate dining. A couple with a loud/wiggly child were seated beside us. The restaurant needs to segregate people with young kids from couples. This detracted from the enjoyment of the evening. The food was good - we had steak and lobster, but the lobster was rubbery and tasteless. The wine selection was limited and priced too high. We won't return as there are too many better valued choices in Calgary to dine at.Special Features:
- Decent food, but low end service.Luv2travelDined on 11/1/2014I was looking forward to Carvers.We drank water for most the meal because our water server (filler) was fantastic, but our actual server felt no need to see if we would like something else to drink, and then forgot drinks when we did get to order some. Our server was hard to understand, not around very much, and generally seemed confused about the menu. I enjoyed the cold seafood platter that we had, the ceaser salad was ok, and my Sea Bass was perfectly cooked. My husband's steak was a nice cut, but seemed like it was pan fried. Our server was neglectful, and made us feel like he questioned everything we ordered, and clarified how much things cost. Overall I think Carvers was ok, but I think I prefer to spend my money at Notable, or Alloy.Special Features:
- 2happyseniorsDined on 8/19/2014we have spent our last five anniversaries with carvers and have enjoyed not only the meal but the service was wonderfull thanks to the waiters ,we will be back for our 65th anniversary , jack de lormeSpecial Features:
- The following 338 reviews are from the Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier reviews archive.
- Anniversary CelebrationhiclassdinerDined on 7/26/2014My wife's steak was cooked to perfection, it can be difficult these days to find a place that can get it right the first time. I had the rack of lamb and had no idea that it was a flambe at the table! Both plates were covered in assorted vegetables. Again, it is difficult to find places that will have a focus on vegetables. Both of us were absolutely stuffed by the end of the meal; the portions are huge. Our server was excellent. He was extremely attentive but did not interfere with the mood at our table. He did an excellent job of explaining the wine list, menu options and most of all was personable. I would definitely recommend Carver's to anyone looking for a high-class experience in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staffexpectingthebestDined on 7/21/2014The staff of this restaurant are exceptional. Arnel,Linda and Johnny are professional long term staff taht add a sense of family to the venue. Well Done!! As alwaysSpecial Features:
- Pretty good for HotelLeguerreDined on 7/10/2014Carvers was in the Sheraton. As many hotels are trying to incorporate higher end restaurants into the experience, this location fits that bill. The service was excellent, and the food was good. The appetizers ordered, (shrimp cocktail and Escargot) were well presented, but the escargot was just warm, and not served hot, this should have let me know of what was in store! I ordered the Chateaubriand for two, and it was served with a server table side. They flambéed, the mushrooms with a brandy which appeared well served, with mashed, mixed veggies and asparagus. They were all tepid, and the potatoes were on the cool side of that. I was disappointed as we were one of only 5 tables at our 8pm reservation time. Steak was well prepared!Special Features:
- Open tableLovetoeatDined on 7/6/2014It is my first time to eat at Carvers but I love their steak. Great ambience, kid-friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service In TownsaltfreeDined on 6/19/2014The rack of lamb with all the trimmings was to die for. Cooked to perfection as was the chateaubriand. Not the usual one bean and carrot as your veggie. Lots of perfectly cooked vegetables. The crab cakes and shrimp and scallop appetizers were well worth the price. The wait staff were very attentive to our needs and were able to make alternative suggestions when one of our party had a salt restriction. I will recommend Carver's as the place to go to celebrate any special occasion. My friends said the wine list was excellent and our waiter was able to make helpful suggestions. A 4 star restaurant in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentAPL29VIPDined on 6/17/2014Decor, presentation, and even food is quite traditional, which may put some off, but the meals and service are always excellent. If you want great beef, perfectly prepared, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceLove2dineDined on 6/15/2014Although we've dined here before and really enjoyed it, our experience at Carvers this time wasn't the greatest. Service was horrible and we were waiting forever for our meals. The food was good but our side dishes were cold.
- Not the Carver's I used to knowFoodhuntDined on 6/15/2014Upon arriving at Carver's for a combined celebration (Father's Day, 65 Bday, Anniversary) we were greeted shyly and my son was pushed up against a wall so a small table could be put in the hotel area with a menu. Our waiter was hard of hearing, and not very knowledgeable about the menu, but friendly overall. We used to get beautiful salads wrapped in a long thin cucumber that stood straight up very elegantly, but that is no longer. The food was good, but not great as it used to be, say 4 years ago. The only offering they had for children was chicken fingers, which my one son was not interested in. I'm pretty sure they share the kitchen with the lounge so I would think that menu could be served if needed. It was reminicient of better days.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service by Arnel!!!RingoDined on 6/13/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a fantastic venue. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The rib eye was amazing and the wine was refreshing. The table was quite great – one person in our group thought it was brilliant , and another felt that the tastes was remarkable. Everyone loved the special of the fillet minion with appetizer and dessert . Service was well-timed and friendly, I would like to commend Mr. Arnel Viray for the excellent service, he did a great job that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and noise levelMyWifesFavDined on 5/30/2014We very much enjoy the food and personal service Carvers has. the best nights are when the restaurant is almost empty. there has been nights with large groups or hotel guests with kids. Making it quite load. Which is fine for a regular restaurant but we prefer the quite high end feeling. We hope they have included some type of personal areas for the more intimate quite dinners. Possibly half walls that block the view and sound of other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service. 3 hrs won't be backNotthistimeDined on 5/21/20143hrs total, 30 mins to get second drinks. Were forgotten about, tables around us came and went well we waited and the bill was $500 to wrap up the great experience. Food was great when it arrive.
- Pleasant dining experiencejerseymacDined on 5/21/2014All three people in our party enjoyed a very positive dinner on a Thursday evening. We were uniformly impressed with our respective orders - prime rib, steak and chicken Neptune. In addition, we were graced with a waiter who was attentive and polished in his work ... a consummate professional and very knowledgeable (e.g., wines).Special Features:
- It's Mainly Because of the MeatWineMeUpDined on 5/17/2014T'was our 5th visit to Carver's. Alas, the kitchen has changed significantly; and service is no longer outstanding. Food was uneven at best. The filet mignon remains terrific. The escargots now comes smothered in a creamy sauce-a big dish of nothing special, for $15. The house salad, once a delightfully sculpted concoction of cucumber and salad in a delicate dressing, is now a mess of mixed greens slathered in a generic dressing. Drink order was botched. Service was hurried, almost desperate. We stopped our server, chatted about the situation and after that he did a very good job. Someone has decided that big portions and busy plates are an apt substitute for well considered cuisine and understated service. We're done with Carvers. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We went to Carvers to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. The service was fantastic, food delicious and we were made to feel like honored guests.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014i have been ther 5 times and if traveled more to calgary from the states, would come more i always get the veal, but co-workers get filet...and + ordered the smoked salmon for app and was awesome; service is great and no waiting for anything; always do something "carved by table" and the girl is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbradDined on 5/3/2014Steak dinner and desert were great, wine was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not awesomeAmeliatyeDined on 4/28/2014There was nothing about this place that excited me. It was very loud as there was a large group there. The food was ok. We waited 20 minutes for a dessert menu and when it finally came I was excited for the Creme brûlée only to be disappointed when it came out. The top was not Carmelized enough.Special Features:
- Always great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Wine list and beef can't be beat, as consistent as a restaurant can be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Excellent food, great service, good place to take your loved one for a fine dining evening. Not noisy which allows good conversation without competing with background noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014This is my second visit to Carver's Calgary and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!IgabooDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I have been coming to Carver's for years now. The food is to die for and certainly worth the hefty price tag. The service is excellent. We especially enjoy the tableside service for salad, dessert and, coffees. The location ensures that while they are busy, it's still possible to get a last minute reservation or even walk in at the last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodklynngDined on 4/4/2014The food was great but unfortunately there was a group of people around is that was loud and had babies crying, people coming and going throughout the meal which did not make for an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCommentsOnOccasionDined on 4/1/2014I was completely underwhelmed by my experience at Carvers. I selected the venue for a special occasion with my boyfriend based on the high reviews, particularly about the warm and friendly service. Upon arrival my first impression was that the décor was horribly dated and it was ill lit. Despite the fact there were many open tables we were seated next to a large party of fifteen or more who were very loud and boisterous. Our server while being friendly barely made his appearance known, it was frustrating, me and my boyfriend had only managed to order one drink from starters until our bill. The food was well cooked but aside from the meat lacked any flavour, I can prepare undressed asparagus for myself. I receive better meals at The Keg.Special Features:
- What a disappointmentAnnaDined on 3/31/2014This was our 2nd visit this year, and it couldn't have been more different. The restaurant was busy, and the waitstaff over-extended, but that’s no excuse for the sloppy service – cutlery thrown on the table, no update on why our meal took 1.5 hours to arrive. For a place that prides itself in steak, 2 of ours were not properly cooked. Even after sending back a steak that was well undercooked (raw instead of med rare), when it came back cooked medium, the waiter tried to put the blame on us, insisting that in future it should be ordered properly. But it wasn't just the steak..the mashed potatoes were lumpy (think raw potatoes mashed into cooked ones). Our Jan trip was great, but we won’t be going back again after this 1 star experience.
- This was our 3rd visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014This was our 3rd visit and the second with poor service. It starts out great, then the restaurant becomes very busy and we are forgotten. They are clearly under staffed. Also have issues with payment at the end. Paying with gift cards seems to be an issue with them. ( long frustrating story)Special Features:
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent. We hade the prime rid and it was cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very personable and very helpful. He was not pushy but was there when you had questions or to make sure everything was ok. The Caesar salad prepared at out table was one of the best we have ever had.Special Features: