Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
2620 - 32nd Avenue N.E.
Calgary, AB T1Y 6B8Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratoncavaliercalgary.com/calgary-restaurants
- Phone: 4032506327x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Todd Buist
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For your large or small needs we have great new facilities to accommodate your wants.
- Private Party Contact: Junaid Andrabi 4032506327x
- Entertainment: Tableside preparation of your choice.
A word from Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier
Best in Class dining experience is the focus for our newly redesigned restaurant. Scheduled to re-open mid-October, Carvers’ Steakhouse is moving toward local ingredients and the trend of modern style steakhouse. It will feature rich, warm, contemporary décor in a relaxed and upbeat ambience. While keeping its traditional concept of a steakhouse, our menu will feature creative and well-rounded dishes from locally sourced farmers and producers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- 2happyseniorsDined on 8/19/2014we have spent our last five anniversaries with carvers and have enjoyed not only the meal but the service was wonderfull thanks to the waiters ,we will be back for our 65th anniversary , jack de lormeSpecial Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationhiclassdinerDined on 7/26/2014My wife's steak was cooked to perfection, it can be difficult these days to find a place that can get it right the first time. I had the rack of lamb and had no idea that it was a flambe at the table! Both plates were covered in assorted vegetables. Again, it is difficult to find places that will have a focus on vegetables. Both of us were absolutely stuffed by the end of the meal; the portions are huge. Our server was excellent. He was extremely attentive but did not interfere with the mood at our table. He did an excellent job of explaining the wine list, menu options and most of all was personable. I would definitely recommend Carver's to anyone looking for a high-class experience in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staffexpectingthebestDined on 7/21/2014The staff of this restaurant are exceptional. Arnel,Linda and Johnny are professional long term staff taht add a sense of family to the venue. Well Done!! As alwaysSpecial Features:
- Pretty good for HotelLeguerreDined on 7/10/2014Carvers was in the Sheraton. As many hotels are trying to incorporate higher end restaurants into the experience, this location fits that bill. The service was excellent, and the food was good. The appetizers ordered, (shrimp cocktail and Escargot) were well presented, but the escargot was just warm, and not served hot, this should have let me know of what was in store! I ordered the Chateaubriand for two, and it was served with a server table side. They flambéed, the mushrooms with a brandy which appeared well served, with mashed, mixed veggies and asparagus. They were all tepid, and the potatoes were on the cool side of that. I was disappointed as we were one of only 5 tables at our 8pm reservation time. Steak was well prepared!Special Features:
- Open tableLovetoeatDined on 7/6/2014It is my first time to eat at Carvers but I love their steak. Great ambience, kid-friendly place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier reviews archive.
- Best Service In TownsaltfreeDined on 6/19/2014The rack of lamb with all the trimmings was to die for. Cooked to perfection as was the chateaubriand. Not the usual one bean and carrot as your veggie. Lots of perfectly cooked vegetables. The crab cakes and shrimp and scallop appetizers were well worth the price. The wait staff were very attentive to our needs and were able to make alternative suggestions when one of our party had a salt restriction. I will recommend Carver's as the place to go to celebrate any special occasion. My friends said the wine list was excellent and our waiter was able to make helpful suggestions. A 4 star restaurant in my books!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentAPL29VIPDined on 6/17/2014Decor, presentation, and even food is quite traditional, which may put some off, but the meals and service are always excellent. If you want great beef, perfectly prepared, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceLove2dineDined on 6/15/2014Although we've dined here before and really enjoyed it, our experience at Carvers this time wasn't the greatest. Service was horrible and we were waiting forever for our meals. The food was good but our side dishes were cold.
- Not the Carver's I used to knowFoodhuntDined on 6/15/2014Upon arriving at Carver's for a combined celebration (Father's Day, 65 Bday, Anniversary) we were greeted shyly and my son was pushed up against a wall so a small table could be put in the hotel area with a menu. Our waiter was hard of hearing, and not very knowledgeable about the menu, but friendly overall. We used to get beautiful salads wrapped in a long thin cucumber that stood straight up very elegantly, but that is no longer. The food was good, but not great as it used to be, say 4 years ago. The only offering they had for children was chicken fingers, which my one son was not interested in. I'm pretty sure they share the kitchen with the lounge so I would think that menu could be served if needed. It was reminicient of better days.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service by Arnel!!!RingoDined on 6/13/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a fantastic venue. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The rib eye was amazing and the wine was refreshing. The table was quite great – one person in our group thought it was brilliant , and another felt that the tastes was remarkable. Everyone loved the special of the fillet minion with appetizer and dessert . Service was well-timed and friendly, I would like to commend Mr. Arnel Viray for the excellent service, he did a great job that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience and noise levelMyWifesFavDined on 5/30/2014We very much enjoy the food and personal service Carvers has. the best nights are when the restaurant is almost empty. there has been nights with large groups or hotel guests with kids. Making it quite load. Which is fine for a regular restaurant but we prefer the quite high end feeling. We hope they have included some type of personal areas for the more intimate quite dinners. Possibly half walls that block the view and sound of other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful Service. 3 hrs won't be backNotthistimeDined on 5/21/20143hrs total, 30 mins to get second drinks. Were forgotten about, tables around us came and went well we waited and the bill was $500 to wrap up the great experience. Food was great when it arrive.
- Pleasant dining experiencejerseymacDined on 5/21/2014All three people in our party enjoyed a very positive dinner on a Thursday evening. We were uniformly impressed with our respective orders - prime rib, steak and chicken Neptune. In addition, we were graced with a waiter who was attentive and polished in his work ... a consummate professional and very knowledgeable (e.g., wines).Special Features:
- It's Mainly Because of the MeatWineMeUpDined on 5/17/2014T'was our 5th visit to Carver's. Alas, the kitchen has changed significantly; and service is no longer outstanding. Food was uneven at best. The filet mignon remains terrific. The escargots now comes smothered in a creamy sauce-a big dish of nothing special, for $15. The house salad, once a delightfully sculpted concoction of cucumber and salad in a delicate dressing, is now a mess of mixed greens slathered in a generic dressing. Drink order was botched. Service was hurried, almost desperate. We stopped our server, chatted about the situation and after that he did a very good job. Someone has decided that big portions and busy plates are an apt substitute for well considered cuisine and understated service. We're done with Carvers. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We went to Carvers to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. The service was fantastic, food delicious and we were made to feel like honored guests.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014i have been ther 5 times and if traveled more to calgary from the states, would come more i always get the veal, but co-workers get filet...and + ordered the smoked salmon for app and was awesome; service is great and no waiting for anything; always do something "carved by table" and the girl is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodbradDined on 5/3/2014Steak dinner and desert were great, wine was a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not awesomeAmeliatyeDined on 4/28/2014There was nothing about this place that excited me. It was very loud as there was a large group there. The food was ok. We waited 20 minutes for a dessert menu and when it finally came I was excited for the Creme brûlée only to be disappointed when it came out. The top was not Carmelized enough.Special Features:
- Always great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2014Wine list and beef can't be beat, as consistent as a restaurant can be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Excellent food, great service, good place to take your loved one for a fine dining evening. Not noisy which allows good conversation without competing with background noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014This is my second visit to Carver's Calgary and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place!IgabooDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I have been coming to Carver's for years now. The food is to die for and certainly worth the hefty price tag. The service is excellent. We especially enjoy the tableside service for salad, dessert and, coffees. The location ensures that while they are busy, it's still possible to get a last minute reservation or even walk in at the last minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodklynngDined on 4/4/2014The food was great but unfortunately there was a group of people around is that was loud and had babies crying, people coming and going throughout the meal which did not make for an enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionCommentsOnOccasionDined on 4/1/2014I was completely underwhelmed by my experience at Carvers. I selected the venue for a special occasion with my boyfriend based on the high reviews, particularly about the warm and friendly service. Upon arrival my first impression was that the décor was horribly dated and it was ill lit. Despite the fact there were many open tables we were seated next to a large party of fifteen or more who were very loud and boisterous. Our server while being friendly barely made his appearance known, it was frustrating, me and my boyfriend had only managed to order one drink from starters until our bill. The food was well cooked but aside from the meat lacked any flavour, I can prepare undressed asparagus for myself. I receive better meals at The Keg.Special Features:
- What a disappointmentAnnaDined on 3/31/2014This was our 2nd visit this year, and it couldn't have been more different. The restaurant was busy, and the waitstaff over-extended, but that’s no excuse for the sloppy service – cutlery thrown on the table, no update on why our meal took 1.5 hours to arrive. For a place that prides itself in steak, 2 of ours were not properly cooked. Even after sending back a steak that was well undercooked (raw instead of med rare), when it came back cooked medium, the waiter tried to put the blame on us, insisting that in future it should be ordered properly. But it wasn't just the steak..the mashed potatoes were lumpy (think raw potatoes mashed into cooked ones). Our Jan trip was great, but we won’t be going back again after this 1 star experience.
- This was our 3rd visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2014This was our 3rd visit and the second with poor service. It starts out great, then the restaurant becomes very busy and we are forgotten. They are clearly under staffed. Also have issues with payment at the end. Paying with gift cards seems to be an issue with them. ( long frustrating story)Special Features:
- Great place to eat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent. We hade the prime rid and it was cooked to perfection. Our waiter was very personable and very helpful. He was not pushy but was there when you had questions or to make sure everything was ok. The Caesar salad prepared at out table was one of the best we have ever had.Special Features:
- FantasticOnthemarkDined on 3/15/2014As always, great food and great service. Wouldn't change a thing. Love this place. MarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014We had the best service ... and wonderful food - it was my daughter's birthday and they provided a complimentary dessert for us to enjoy which we did - strawberry crepes made at our table - very decadent!Special Features:
- Always TerrificJewelsDined on 3/5/2014Consistently good food and service. One of our favorite "go to" restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carver'sTKHarevyDined on 2/28/2014Food was great, very tender Prime Rib and Filet. A little pricey, but nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time, Food is Pricey ThoughHappyGuest2Dined on 2/22/2014We had a wonderful dining experience. The only reason I would not generally recommend this restaurant is that the food is very pricey. We visited only because we were given a gift card.Special Features:
- Plus ca change...DisappointedDined on 2/21/2014We came to Carvers many years ago to celebrate my birthday...it was an expensive meal, but well worth it for the excellent meal, the delicious cheesecake and the charming waiter. Since my husband was going to miss our 10th anniversary, I decided to take him back there for a surprise. This time we were taken into the corner by the doors to the kitchen, despite the restaurant being mostly empty. I guess it could have been construed as romantic, but for a people watcher it was torture. Our waiter was solicitous until it was time for the cheque, then we waited quite a while. The food was, as we expected, amazing; everything cooked and sauced to perfection. The dessert and wine lists are on iPad. I hope the whole menu will be too, next time...Special Features:
- Seems as though there hasFischer5569Dined on 2/15/2014Seems as though there has been a management change over the last few years and it has slipped a little over past couple of years.
- Fabulous dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Fabulous dining experience. I have never had a bad meal at Cravers. The service is outstanding. I have never had better. A lot of the staff have been there a long time and remember a lot of the returning customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I attended this restaurant on valentines day. Though it was a trek out of the core I would definitely do it again. The service was awesome. I felt like an effort was made by all of the staff to make our experience memorable. The table side cooking is very cool to watch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsDinrgrlDined on 2/14/2014Great evening! Although it took a long time before our meals were served, it was all in all a wonderful evening out for dinner. The good was good and my husband loved the monte cristo,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fantastic experience.Garryh123Dined on 2/14/2014As long time patrons, we are never disappointed by a dining experience at Carvers. Form the time you are greeted to the conclusion of your meal you are made to feel very special. The food, service and ambience is world class. This is for sure one of Calgary's best kept secrets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome even on Valentine's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We've always enjoyed going to Carver's for the quality of the steak and the table-side preparations of Caesar salad and Steak Diana, but we weren't sure if it could hold up on Valentine's day, simply because it would be so busy. They did a great job, staggering the reservations so the restaurant was never packed, and providing their usual attentive but not intrusive service. Very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but pricey considering...eclareDined on 2/12/2014We had the Chateaubriand, and it was really lovely and lots of food. We had the escargot to start, and they were nice, not outstanding. But we found it pricey considering the service was a bit amateurish, and the decor was very hotely. The service was good, but there were no extra touches like describing the food, no amuse bouche, no conversation. not really any smiles - just not as high-class as you would expect for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.