Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon
612 Spadina Crescent E
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3G9Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sheratoncavaliersaskatoon.com/saskatoon-restaurants
- Phone: 3066528292
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Closed December 24, 25, 26, January 1, 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Robin Andres
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hamptons - Private meeting/dining room accommodates 10 - 34 persons. Audio/Video equipment is available.
- Private Party Contact: Paul Webb 306-652-8292
- Entertainment: Carver"s Steakhouse is located right beside 6Twelve lounge. Guests can enjoy a drink in the lounge before or after dinner.
A word from Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon
Carver’s is located on the main floor of the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon. The restaurant is small as it has 13 tables and seats up to 45 people. As a smaller restaurant, reservations are recommended. The dining room feels warm, modern and classic. Carver's is the kind of room where you can be comfortable with or without the tie. The Chef uses only the best ingredients. The featured beef is Canadian AAA Sterling Silver which is minimally aged 28 days. The menu offers classic steakhouse cuts and local dishes like Canadian Lamb,Steelhead Trout, and Free Range Chicken. The restaurant is known for having the best wine list in Saskatchewan. Our Sommelier's philosophy is that "wine is not meant to be complicated; it is meant to be enjoyed, as it is part of the experience". Carver's has an international wine list that features fun, interesting everyday wines to rare and well aged vintage wines. Carver's is authorized Riedel stemware outlet and features all the appropriate stemware.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Our Favorite for a Special OccasionSusanDined on 7/26/2014We enjoy going to Carvers for our Special Occasion dinners. It has a Romantic Atmoshere, quieter setting and excellent service. You are pampered which is a nice feeling; when you are out with your special someone. We have come to Carvers for years and look forward to it!! There is always something new to try which is exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Staff is very helpful and friendly. Food is amazing. Have been here a few times and always have a great time 5 star ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Carver's Steakhouse - Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon reviews archive.
- Super sensational!!!42dineDined on 5/16/2014WOW!!! Carvers so sensational! Drinks were most delicious. The complimentary bread was wonderful, warm with butter. The caesar salad for two was tasty. It was very professionally prepared by our server, Duncan. Great job! Loved the croutons which were soft and not hard to eat for me. My husband's beef medallions were cooked perfectly. I had the halibut. So tasty and cooked to perfection. I can still taste it now. We found this a little pricey but this is great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerJandN2Dined on 5/14/2014The food was excellent. Well prepared and tasted great. The service excellent. The server was very attentive but not obtrusive. My water glass was always kept full. It was a very enjoyable evening. The noise level perfect = you could still converse with everyone at the table and not have to shout.Special Features:
- Dinner was Great!StoonFoodiesDined on 5/12/2014Had a lovely dinner of shrimp cocktail (which were massive and delicious), Caesar salad for two made table side and then one order of duck (which we were told was a rather small meal - and proved to be quite a large portion, at least following an appetizer and salad), and another entree of braised beef short ribs - yet another huge portion. Both very tasty. Our only complaint was we thought we'd have more room for our entrees so might skip the bread and appetizer next time so we have room to enjoy our entrees. Our waiter was very pleasant and entertaining. Thanks for the lovely evening. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointed!TastynoodleVIPDined on 5/4/2014Arrived at 6pm for dinner with a reservation. Wine not available but was happy with substitute. Beef appetizer not available because beef did not arrive on time for the chef to prepare. We came to this restaurant because we wanted the Carpaccio of Beef. We were all looking forward to the lemon dessert which was also not available. Asked to have the duck breast to be substituted with a leg and we had to pay an additional $6 more. A bit tacky as they now have two additional duck breasts which they can use for other purposes. It turned out we wasted our money as the duck was very salty. Our total bill for 8 people came out to be $955.Special Features:
- Special Family OccasionSaskatoonDinerDined on 4/26/2014We were at the restaurant for a special family gathering. When we arrived the table was ready and the hostess met us with a friendly greeting. Ordered drinks to start, which took a long time to get, but were all made perfectly. When we placed an order for our food, one of the dishes was out of stock, disappointing since the restaurant did not appear busy. Had to ask for the wine list, then found the one we selected was also out of stock. Main course was great, really enjoyed by all, served to the table quickly and professionally. After the great food, we were all eager to try a desert, half of the deserts were out of stock!!! It would be great if the stock levels could be addressed as it really effected the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nite OutEkruegerDined on 4/26/2014I had a great meal, but the wife's desert was frozen, didn't understand that!
- Best Filet Mignon!Happy2EatDined on 4/20/2014We visited Carvers 20 years ago for a beautiful Filet Mignon dinner and raved about it for years afterward. I'm thrilled to say that our return visit to Carvers after all this time delivered yet again one of the best places to get a perfect filet. Thank you Carvers! My hubby turned 50 with a big smile on his face after our beautiful meal at Carvers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beyond my expectationsfirstimerDined on 4/18/2014The customer service was the absolute best I have ever received at any local restaurant. To my surprise, I was greeted by name when I entered the restaurant. Our server, Matthew, was patient, funny, and very knowledgeable, and made an excellent recommendation for wine. The request for type of wine was specific, and the choice was absolutely perfect. Matthew left a lasting impression and is one of the reasons I will be returning. The food was perfect. Appetizers, steaks, and dessert, all absolutely perfect. It was a wonderful evening. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favourite spot for a specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014A favourite spot for a special night out. New menu looked a little busy so stuck with the tried and true prime rib. Always can count on a great recommendation for the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The quality of the food andhrguyDined on 3/22/2014The quality of the food and its presentation was first class. All of our menu selections (5 in total) were superb. Quiet atmosphere and great service. The wine list was too pricey. Overall, a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Thank you very much for the hospitality that you gave us! Very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakhouse in SaskatoonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014We had a fine meal.....prime ribs and lobster tails, wine by the glass and excellent individual chocolate cakes for dessert. All the elements were excellent, with unobtrusive service. It was a quiet setting, good for conversation with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an amazing timeLuvgreatfoodDined on 2/27/2014We go to Carver's regularly and as always we are never disappointed. The food is always how we expect and the service is excellent. I would recommend Carver's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a magical dinner withBigeaterDined on 2/18/2014it was a magical dinner with very knowledgeable servers and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines2candineDined on 2/15/2014I booked my table two weeks in advance, only to find our table was not ready with an additional wait of 20 min. We were seated right beside a hallway that is connected to the adjoining bar, most of the noise from the bar could be heard at our table! These issues are not something I would expect at a restaurant like Carvers. We ordered the steak and lobster and found the meal to be excellent with excellent service. Another short fall is all the Woman were given a single rose, yet my wife was never given one or was asked if she wanted one? In the end for the higher price and over all experience I would not go back.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Have been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed it very much. This time was a horrid experience! 3 of us ordered steak medium well and all 3 were very over done. Steak in a restaurant of this so called "calibre" should have been a breeze. Also, something should be done about the breeze off of the main lobby, almost froze to death! One last thing......the waiters can really use a refresher on table side service!
- Very GoodJoshDined on 2/14/2014The food was good, but not as good as the last few times Ive been. 2 plates of food and one glass of wine was over $130 which is certainly not the greatest bang for your buck, but good for a romantic night out. The were good enough to let us know that our table was available half an hour early, which was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionKass33Dined on 2/12/2014I believe overpriced is the words I am looking for. Glassware waterspotted. Everything is dirty. I am pretty sure they think the low lighting hides it. Fireplace not running on a snowy cold evening. I believe that is becasue it is melting the veneer. The steak was over cooked, the rissotto was a huge gloopey mess. The lobster was done well. The brandied escagots where fantastic. The server was ok. Would I go back - nope!! There are other restaurants in this town that serve you a way better meal for a way better price and the atmosphere is better as well. The chocolate cake was really good but we went to the lounge for that because we just couldn't stand to sit in that restaurant anymore. Chairs are uncomfortable as well.
- SupperGarryDined on 2/1/2014The service was super, the food was both displayed and served above average.the price was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night SteakDocgnosticDined on 1/28/2014Enjoyed an excellent meal at Carver's. Cocktails were well-made, both steaks were delicious and cooked perfectly, dessert was too large to finish. Carver's is small and looks a bit dated, but our server informed us that they will be closed for renovations this spring, and hope to re-open with a new look and a bit larger as well. Would also add that our server was attentive, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the Carver's menu and local restaurant scene in Saskatoon. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in towncurtisDined on 1/28/2014I commend the Leier family on an excellent restaurant which fits well with the wonderful Sheraton Cavalier and all it's amenitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasurable experience!thyme2dyneDined on 1/24/2014As a celiac dining out can be a difficult chore, Carvers makes it a truly exceptional experience with amazing choices and outstanding taste, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carversmarkDined on 1/24/2014great food EXCEPT for the strip loin steak, tough and fatty Fantastic serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey but worth everyroddy1980Dined on 1/19/2014Very pricey but worth every cent. The prime rib melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014Had the crab and it was 8/10 - one of the best I've had and huge portion. Nice place, great food, great service, VERY expensive. Will return but very special occasions only.Special Features:
- Great eveningSkfrmrDined on 1/14/2014It was great food, great evening! It was a bit long but it was good by the time we walked in to when we got out was 2 hours that's a bit lengthy for me but if time isn't a factor well worth going! Salad was delicious a nice big serving and steak was a very tasty piece of meat cheesecake was different than I'm use to but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars !!IsraguardVIPDined on 1/13/2014I come to Carvers about once a year when visiting Sask. You get what you pay for... Simply exquisite.. Food was superb, choices of Wines were out of this world. Comes at a cost but was well worth it to me. My guests were floored.. Cant wait to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmmmmMMmmmGoodhappy2reviewDined on 1/9/2014I love this restaurant for its cozy atmosphere and the food was just cooked perfectly and was outstanding! Everything from appetizers to desserts. As well the service was wonderful as always. Wine is a tad pricy so if you plan on drinking more than 1 bottle with your table you could be in for a bit of a shocker.Special Features:
- Where's the Beef?AcelsieVIPDined on 1/7/2014I've dined at Carvers on several occasions. This was the poorest experience. The restaurant was cold, the water over attentive for someone dining alone. The icing Ino pun intended) on the experience was that I was told that at 7:30pm (I think the open for dinner at 5:30 or 6pm) was out of Prime Rib. Really?
- A moment we will rememberPathayaDined on 1/5/2014The food is excellent and the service outstanding. A moment in a restaurant different than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy our eveningsWolfejDined on 12/31/2013We always enjoy our evenings at Carvers. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Wow! Amazing!RomanceInSaskatoonDined on 12/31/2013The food was incredible, but the service was EVEN BETTER! My girlfriend and I had a wonderful meal. My girlfriend had an asthma attack from another customer's perfume, and the staff helped us to move immediately. They are very helpful and understanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor seatingMandJDined on 12/28/2013The food and drinks were great and the service was excellent. The only negative aspect of the entire experience was the proximity of our table to the kitchen entrance. There was lots of traffic just inches away and we could clearly hear conversations between the staff members. This took away from the quiet and intimate atmosphere that we were looking for. We also felt that other guests needn't have been seated right next to us considering that it was early and there were plenty of other tables unoccupied throughout the restaurant. In retrospect we should have asked to be moved to another table but even better not to have been seated there in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionaleatableincredibleDined on 12/20/2013I chose Carver's for my engagement meal because I had heard it was the best steak house in town. I was not disappointed. They allowed me to pre order and pre pay the meal so when the time came we simply walked in to ready made food and walked out. The communication in setting up was very professional as was the service. The meal was perfect. I am extremely picky with my steak and both I and my fiance have agreed it was the best we'd ever had. This was meant to be a meal to remember and it most definitely was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColdNightoutDined on 12/14/2013Found it to be very cold where we were seated. We were places by the door where cold air constantly came through. Suggest maybe a door be placed there so future customers don't run into same problem. Service was good. Didn't like the price of food for the amount that you received thought could have been a little more considering our bill was 300 with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used to eat here lots,davetDined on 12/10/2013We used to eat here lots, The meal was not the greatest for the money they charge. I had the french onion soup, lacked taste and was cold, stuffed Chicken Breasts, over cooked dry..
- Classy but very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013It was really good experience, very good food, expertly served; very nice wine selection. We enjoyed our little party and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NIghtWesMcDougallDined on 11/30/2013Myself and my wife went for our 1 year anniversary and it was amazing! We have been to Cravers numerous times, but this time was one of the best! The new management is improving this place. Keep it up! CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.