Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel
7211 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$30 and under
Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carverssteakhouse.net/
- Phone: 6042077107
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Mr. Boban Kovachevich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact us for inquiries, we are always happy to listen and try to accommodate your requests.
- Private Party Contact: Ovidiu Nica 6042077161
- Cross Street: Gilbert Road
- Public Transit: 491 - Stop at Gilbert Road & Westminster Highway, we are just beside 98 B-Line - Stop at #3 Road & Westminster Highway, we are 10 minutes of walk on Westminster Highway (left)
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking just by the restaurant
A word from Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel
Welcome to Carver's! Designed in the classic “American Style Steakhouse”, our menu is deceptively simple using top quality ingredients while our Chef ensures a commitment to ethical farming & ranching. Each steak we serve is Certified Angus Beef from Canadians Ranches, marinated and cooked at 1800 degrees to achieve a perfect tenderness. Our wide selection of wild and organic game is a step ahead of the culinary curve and our fresh fish & shellfish selection is certified “Ocean Wise”. In Carver's, we offer you a real downtown dining experience in the heart of Richmond.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (24)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food Ok Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014We had to ask 3 waiters and waited for 10+ min for our bill. Parking is also expensive considering most restaurants in Richmond have free parking. We used our coupon and got the feeling that we got look down. Will not return for sure.
- A great place for small groupsPickyeaterDined on 8/21/2014We were a group of six and the restaurant was a perfect size for couples and small groups. The food is great and I recommend the set menus that come with a starter, main course and dessert which is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only 2 servers, 1-1.5hr for mealDerek1822Dined on 8/21/20142 servers. Waited an hour for our main course on a Monday. Most people had the coupon from social. Worst western dinner I've ever had. Perhaps the promotion worsten the restaurant as it can't handle it. Food portion was small and if the hotel isn't subsidize the restaurant then it will close down or continue to lose customers and money.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014The food was good and the service was great. We only wanted 2 glasses of wine and was curious how long the Malbec had been opened, the waiter offered to open a new bottle for us. That was great.Special Features:
- flossyDined on 8/17/2014We have been here several times and have really enjoyed the food. The maitr,d and the staff are friendly and helpful in making decisions on food and wine. We would recommend Carvers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib disappointingsteelfistDined on 8/15/2014We were using a Social Shopper voucher and we arrived at 5pm and were seated promptly. The bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar was delicious. we ordered the black tiger prawns and calamari both were great. we also ordered the 12 oz prime rib red but not juicy like prime rib should be also was rubbery. I like my meat and from a steakhouse i found this upsetting. My son ordered the chicken which was on the dry side and my daughter had the halibut on pasta that was good. Deserts were great chocolate explosion and the chocolate with cheesecake both great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014We went using a voucher. The hostess seemed impatient with us. ? Because we were using a voucher?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2014We both ordered steaks and they were very good, done perfectly.Special Features:
- Very pleasedPleashDined on 8/3/2014Had the filet (nicely cooked and seared), cheese bread (superb!) and Beef Goulash (a bit salty, should've ordered seafood chowder instead). I previously tried the new york steak at this place, but it was awful, so the quality of the filet surprised me. Besides, the macaroon as dessert was superb as well. Though the service was mediocre, since there were only 2 waiters serving 10+ tables. Although services were a bit slow, the waiters were friendly and kind, so not much complaints. Would go there again.
- A lovely roombruceDined on 8/1/2014Reminds of the day when dining rooms had character and charm but without the stuffiness. A very enjoyable evening when the food is very good and the staff are very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2014Love our appetizer, the Kalahari cooked to perfection, however the filet mignon is still have rare parts on the inside when we ordered medium, but Other than that everything is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Richmond GemTodineforDined on 7/15/2014Went with my husband and teenage son. Service was outstanding but slow considering we were a family just out for dinner. Suitable for a romantic dinner or friends night out catching up on lost time. Our waiter was highly commendable ...very professional, knowledgeable and attentive. Gave us helpful advise on what to order. I would definitely go back for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- farleyVIPDined on 7/4/2014One of my favorite restaurants, always good food and friendly service.Special Features:
- flossyDined on 6/22/2014We have been here before and will definitely be back.The food is great,tasty and well presented. The servers are friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinnerannniieeVIPDined on 6/21/2014I came here for my birthday using a voucher. Ambiance was nice, menu was pretty standard for a steakhouse but the servers were all pleasant and extremely service-oriented. My starving boyfriend was offered bread, and then bread refills which he gladly took. We both had filet mignon (his was larger and cooked to requested temp, mine was a little under) still really juicy and delicious. Smaller wine selection but they had a nice little cocktail menu. Overall, I enjoyed my experience though I probably wouldn't come back given the location (remote Richmond) and how far I would have to drive from Vancouver. Our bill was reasonable with the voucher but would have leaned on the pricier side without.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerEricDined on 6/15/2014Food is very good. Steak is good. Add $8 for starter and dessert, it worth it. I think because of Father's Day, very busy and full house, services is not that great. They didn't ask for a drink at the beginning, and did not come to ask "How is the food?" I will give them a second chance /try but will be on some regular day, and see if the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food at Carvers was good. Our steaks were done as ordered. Dessert was not spectacular but the dessert coffee was excellent. Background music sounded like a stuck soundtrack. Waitress forgot our drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencektoeDined on 6/13/2014We used the socialshopper coupon and received a hefty discount, but the staff did not treat us any differently. The food was tasty, the staff were friendly, and this is the only restaurant I know that plays Emancipator on the speakers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertTaster2tasteDined on 6/13/2014The dessert tasted like it was heated up in the microwaveSpecial Features:
- Great steakFoodloverDined on 6/8/2014Steak was made exactly how I wanted it and tasted great. Love the bread and mashed potato. Was abit disappointed with the dessert and the size of the mashed potato but overall, was very happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star Food & Serviceluv2eatDined on 6/4/2014The service was excellent and the steaks were more tender and flavourful than I ones I had at Gotham and Black and Blue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 246 reviews are from the Carver's Steak House - Executive Airport Plaza Hotel reviews archive.
- EA EventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Had a great experience overall at Carver's Steakhouse with our group. Our servers were attentive and provided a great quality of service. We really enjoyed the food and ambience. Would definitely come here with another group in the future.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday dinner with familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I wanted to take my husband our for a steak dinner for his birthday as he loves steak, but I was looking for something different than the same old Keg experience. My parents, who live in Richmond, were joining us for dinner, so I decided to select a steakhouse out that way. After reading many favourable reviews on Carver's, I booked a reservation for 4 of us for a Saturday evening --- great choice! My husband, who along with my father ordered the rib eye, said it was the best steak he'd ever had.....beat what he's had at the Keg hands down. My mother was equally enthusiastic about her filet mignon, and I loved my seafood linguine --- and was even happier I had leftovers to take home with me! We'll definitely dine at Carver's again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutbchungloveeDined on 4/17/2014This was a great place to celebrate my graduation as it was fairly quiet and sophisticated. The mood was very romantic and I very much enjoyed the candlelight at each table as it added to the overall atmosphere. I would give this place a 9/10 and is totally family friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GogalGogalDined on 4/12/2014The food was very good and well displayed. The sevivce was as good as anywhere In Richmond. As for a very special occasion the ambience could have been better. the steaks were sold up to their billingSpecial Features:
- Excellent Prime RibhomechefvincentDined on 4/5/2014even better than the Keg. Period. Excellent and attentive services !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014The food is always cooked to perfection. The staff are always friendly and provide great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyablePackerfanDined on 3/21/2014Friendly, attentive, knowledgeable staff and excellent food. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be coming back.Special Features:
- the beef was slightly overccykDined on 3/8/2014the beef was slightly over cooked, otherwise it is all good. The desert was very good, not overly sweet. there was a bit of bread crumbs one side of the chair when we were seated as mentioned by my special friend. My chair was ok. Servers were polite and smiling. Overall a good dining environment, I had a good time with my dear friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Friendly.go2dineDined on 2/15/2014Very friendly and sincere. Food is almost always tasty. Unfortunately, when there are other functions in the hotel, then customer service suffers. Solution: Go when there are no functions taking place, otherwise, it is a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- CarversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The ambience was good but the food was lacking. I had the steak which was over cooked.Special Features:
- The steaks were cooked inskipperDined on 2/13/2014The steaks were cooked in good timing we enjoyed very much. The services rendered to us were excellent in such a busy evening. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.Stevenn2004Dined on 2/2/2014The four of us went for the $38 dine out Vancouver menu. The service was awesome but my appetizer and dessert were not. I would not order bone marrow as an appetizer or the desserts that tasted like it was thawed a head of time. I enjoyed the steak but it would be on par with The Keg. Overall, good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for group dine outluv2eatVIPDined on 1/31/2014Good food. Great service. Decent steakhouse in Richmond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very impressed for first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014very impressed for first visit. will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarversJayJayDined on 1/24/2014The ambience of the restaurant was nice for an anniversary, it was very sweet and romantic. However for being a fine dining restaurant the service was extremely slow and I would guess that they were understaffed for a Friday night. We asked for more bread about 5 times, not exaggerating! Also the food was mediocre. We also found it odd that the restaurant would not offer their original menu because none of the items on the dineout menu seemed good and we were willing to pay more for the regular menu.Special Features:
- not impressedantisoulDined on 1/24/2014we were there for dine out Vancouver for their $38 menu, although they do offer a wide range of selections, the food are really not worth the money. the beef bites for appetizer tasted like pan fried beef from food court; bone marrow was small and tasteless; seafood chowder was average and could have more seafood in it. most of us ordered their steaks for main and you can easily get a better one from price smart or Superstore, the fries on the side were totally Macdonald fries while they said it's "shoe string fries" on the menu; halibut was fair; duck was not surprising. dessert tasted like cakes that you would get from a casino buffet...... overall, we (8 of us) were all disappointed by their food.....
- Dine out 2014ThddlDined on 1/23/2014I tried the dine out 2014menu. Overall, food tastes good, but it wasn't worth paying $38. If the price was $28, I would give more stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/20142nd dineout experience of the year 2014! Ordered the steak bites for appie. Was a bit too sweet for my taste but the meat was tender! Halibut was good but a tiny bit dry. LOVE THE QUINOA SALAD and best mashed potato I have tasted so far (stole a few bites from my sis in law). Dessert was not my thing but overall enjoyed my dining experience. Really liked our waitress. Made us felt really welcomed :)Special Features:
- Dine Out is not worth itmeatloverDined on 1/21/2014Reading reviews gave me the impression that this would be a great meal. The food was decent but nothing spectacular. The servers were nice but we waited for every course at least 20 minutes. It wasn't busy at all for the first 2 courses of our meal. I looked at the regular menu after and found that this restaurant gives a similar deal price for all entrees with appetizer and dessert. Given this info, I don't see what the incentive would be to come during Dine Out Vancouver. There are many more choices on the regular menu. I could've gotten a filet mignon rather than a overly salty teriyaki sauce NY steak for a few dollars more.Special Features: