187 S.E. Mizner Blvd #38 & 39
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 5613677488
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lillo Teodosi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater to your specifications. Contact Lillo for more information
A word from Caruso Ristorante
Located at the Royal Palm Plaza, in Boca Raton, this charming restaurant features dishes from the twenty Regions of Italy like Farrotto with Fresh Porcini and Black Truffles, Bucatini Amatriciana with Guanciale e Pecorino Romano, Ossobuco alla Milanese con Risotto allo Zafferano, Brodetto di Pesce con Fregola Sarda and Pastiera Napoletana (Ricotta Cheesecake). With only 48 seats in the dining room reservations are a must. You can also dine Al Fresco under the permanent covered Patio overlooking the Royal Palm Fountain. Have a Cocktail in the newly appointed Bar Rouge that features a large selection of Single Malt Scotch and Grappa. Overseeing the kitchen are Chefs Lillo Teodosi from Roma and Roberto Stephen Nelson a veteran Chef of famed Boca Raton Restaurants. Lillo's wife Gina Caruso will greet you as she would in her own home as her grandfather Renato Caruso did in his Caruso Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton in the past. Chef Renato was a great opera singer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caruso Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013The staff was extremely attentive and helpful; the service was excellent and the food was prepared beautifully and delicious. My friend had lobster fradiavlo (spell?) and the presentation was so beautiful and she said it was wonderful. We were able to sit and converse without loud music and the ambiance of the restaurant was lovely. It is definitely a favorite now for us and a restaurant that we will frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back to italyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2013Caruso Ristorante reminded us of Italy....from menu to service...no rush, food was really outstanding. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service by a staffFloridianVIPDined on 4/26/2013Wonderful service by a staff that was appreciative of it's diners.Special Features:
- Restaurant is pretty, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013Restaurant is pretty, however, there is a keyboard player and you could barely hear yourself think. Restaurant is too small for live music. Food is okay - nothing special.
- We have dined at Caruso severalDWC1919VIPDined on 3/30/2013We have dined at Caruso several times but on this occasion, they had a very enthusiastic musician who was good but the music was at times too loud and prevented any conersation with our guests.
- The food was not very goodUnhappyDined on 3/22/2013The food was not very good and the clams weren't even cooked.
- Great food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Food is great. Service is awful. Think there was one waiter in the whole restaurant !Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)JudyVIPDined on 2/22/2013this restaurant has no visible sign when you are driving in the Royal Palm Plaza. It was impossible to find and we had to beg a valet who didn't work Caruso's to take our car. They then gave us walking directions. There was a singer outside; if you don't eat outside you cannot enjoy her! We had a reservation but they didn't even check their book. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT TO ANYONE!!!!
- Food is excellent, every timecllumsVIPDined on 2/19/2013Food is excellent, every time we go. A very favorite restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Classic Italian GemcriticalcriticVIPDined on 2/12/2013Excellent traditional Italian restaurant, a bit pricey, but worth it. One of the best in Boca, veal was top-notch, pasta dish (spinach fettucine with sausage) prepared perfectly. Salads were large enough to share, bread served was hot and delicious...perfect place for a special occasion or when you can spend some extra $. If you are used to NYC restaurant prices, you will appreciate food quality.Special Features:
- Caruso is very average exceptDWC1919VIPDined on 1/24/2013Caruso is very average except for the prices which are on the high side for very average food. The service and ambiance are pretty good but the night we were there they was a "musician/singer" who played and sang so loud that we could barely carry on a conversatio with our guests.
- Excellent food. Very expensive.IlovetoeatVIPDined on 1/5/2013Excellent food. Very expensive. Excellent service,beautiful decor.Special Features:
- Disappointed!jenjoy20Dined on 12/25/2012We sat what seemed for a long time before a waiter came over to take our drink order. I asked for a wine list by the glass and was given a taste of what the Maitre D suggested I might like. I didn't care for that approach at all. I also thought my dish of Chicken Scarpariello was way too small. It consisted of 3 slices of chicken, 3 small pieces of chicken on the bone a few pieces of sausage, much smaller than I had in other fine restaurants. Over all I was not impressed and would not recommend or go back to Caruso.
- Very good food and service.ManagerhsriceVIPDined on 12/19/2012Very good food and service.Manager was on floor and stopped to nbe all was well.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal.theezerDined on 11/1/2012We had an excellent meal. The buffalo motzarella and vegetable salad was outstanding. Unlike a few other reviewers,we found the service extremely attentive and friendly. We would definately come back.
- The food was very good. ItThomVIPDined on 10/18/2012The food was very good. It was heartbreaking to be in a completely empty restaurant. The waiter seemed either bored or not very good; hard to tell which. We hope more people show up for the food.
- Excellent food and service,moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2012Excellent food and service,more than a cut above.Inspired yet traditional with an ambiance that's cheerfully elegant.Special Features:
- FOUR THUMBS DOWNBonvivantVIPDined on 10/6/2012THE FOOD WAS AWFUL AND THE SERVICE WAS EVEN WORSE. THERE WAS A MIX UP SEATING US WHEN WE ENTERED THE PLACE. NO ONE APPROACHED US FOR OUR DRINK ORDER FOR OVER A HALF HOUR...AND THEN THE SERVER FORGOT TO SERVE ONE OF US OUR DRINK. WE REQUESTED THE PRIX FIXED DINNER MENU, BUT THEY SAID THAT THEY ONLY HAD ONE TO GIVE THE FOUR OF US....THAT THEY "RAN OUT OF THEM!" OUR ORDER TOOK FOREVER AND IT WASN'T WORTH WAITING FOR. TOP THAT OFF WITH A SINGER THAT SANG IN THIS SMALL PLACE WITH THE MIC TURNED UP FULL BLAST. SHE SHRIEKED THE EVENING AWAY EVEN WHEN WE HAD REQUESTED THAT SHE PLEASE LOWER THE DECIBELS ON HER MIC. I HEARD THAT THE RESTAURANT WAS CLOSING!
- The food was really wonderful.ThomVIPDined on 9/8/2012The food was really wonderful. Unfortunately, the service really let the restaurant down that evening. Apparently there was a problem with the credit card machine, and whether it was that or something else, the waiter was totally absent and distracted. We also found the music, which was lovely, very loud. The owner/matre de said all of the right things and clearly understood the issue. The food was so good, we would definately return to give it another try.
- A restaurant to visitPhilVIPDined on 9/7/2012Caruso continues to maintain its quality offerings with excellent service from its staff.Special Features:
- Very good food with some interestinJaneDined on 8/18/2012Very good food with some interesting items. Service was exceptional. Manager came to our table several times to make sure all was well. We will go again.Special Features:
- Great food and service. NiceWhoSaysVIPDined on 7/20/2012Great food and service. Nice atmosphere and live vocalist on Friday/Saturday eveningsSpecial Features:
- This is a very small restaurantZoofVIPDined on 7/15/2012This is a very small restaurant but after a group celebrating a birthday left, we were the only table in the restaurant. Service was friendly but on the slow side. The food was nothing more than OK. We were expecting more and that is why the dining experience was disappointing overall.
- This is not a cheap restaurant,WineArtVIPDined on 6/30/2012This is not a cheap restaurant, therefore, I have higher expectations regarding service and food quality. Service was overall very poor and there isn't enough space to detail all the problems. During our meal, we noticed that all the other tables around us were ordering from a separate menu with a $24.95 summer dining special. We asked our waiter why we had only been given the regular menu and not the summer special as well, and were told we had to ask for the special menu. Not an acceptable answer!When we received our check ($100 for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 1 glass of wine and 1 iced tea), we were overcharged for my glass of wine. We eat out about 4 times a week at fine dining restaurants, and will definitely not be returning to this one.
- Great food and terrific service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2012Great food and terrific service. Their summer special is an incredible deal.Special Features:
- The appetizers, meals andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012The appetizers, meals and wine were all very good. The attention to detail was really lacking in terms of service (although the waiter was very nice). Two things that stick out, the was no oil (or butter) offered for our bread (dry bread is better for you anyway, I guess) although it was on most other tables, and no offer for cracker pepper on our (very fresh and crisp) Caesar Salads. There were a couple of other similar, small items but all in all great food, good company and a good night.Special Features:
- Gone downhill, won't be backOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/18/2012We have dined here numerous times. The first time it was wonderful but it has gone steadily downhill in the past 3 years. Every repeat visit it has gotten worse. We were there for lunch last week, the only people in the place, and even with two waiters it took 10 minutes to get a couple glasses of wine and 45 more minutes to get two simple pasta dishes (spaghetti with meatballs and linguine carbonara, neither of which were particularly outstanding). The only thing that hasn’t gone downhill are the prices—it is no longer worth what it costs, so we will go no more. It’s unfortunate because it is such a cute place, easy to get to and plenty of free parking.
- Food was very good but a bitPeterRVIPDined on 5/5/2012Food was very good but a bit pricey. Drinks were too expensive but overall a good time for a special occasion . Drink before you go!Special Features:
- Very nice ambiance, especiallyWhoSaysVIPDined on 4/13/2012Very nice ambiance, especially sitting outside. Great food and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Sat by the entrance wheresammarVIPDined on 3/31/2012Sat by the entrance where the restaurant's phone kept ringing. would request a different table next time.
- A thouroughly enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012A thouroughly enjoyable evening - the staff was extremely helpful and friendly yet very professional...and the food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food. Waiter seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/24/2012Wonderful food. Waiter seemed to have many issues with his memory, forgetting requests for our orders at least 4-5 times. Nice interior. Would go again, with hopes of better service.
- Since last time we were thereCreamyjellyVIPDined on 3/10/2012Since last time we were there the service is an issue. Unknowkedgeable server. Bad management. Made for a bad experienceSpecial Features:
- Worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012We went to Caruso's on Valentine's Day and the hotess was very attentive and concern to make sure that we would be sitted as soon as possible.The service was good, food was tasty and generous portions. However the house salad had too much vinager. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Normally we enjoy the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2012Normally we enjoy the restaurant. We brought friends in from New York and the place was empty at 8:00 on a Friday night. The few tables that were taken were the 75 plus crowd so we left to go to a more happening place. Need to appeal to a more diverse age group......We know the economy stinks, but there are other Italian restaurants that are busy.
- Nice to have a local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2012Nice to have a local restaurant with excellent food that isn't huge and noisy. wonderful in every way.Special Features:
- Was very good at one time.fussyVIPDined on 11/19/2011Was very good at one time. Now they act like they don't care and the food has gone down and the prices have gone up
- Treated well with great dinnerfranklyrayVIPDined on 11/18/2011Treated well with great dinner specials. Everything prepared well and presented well. MUST use opentable.com though if you want to dine there on Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Veal chopOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2011Excellent food! Veal chop and fish are excellent. My favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent execution of ItalianRaymondVIPDined on 10/28/2011Excellent execution of Italian dishes. Does not disappoint.Special Features: