Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor
2000 Commonwealth Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carsonsamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 7346220537
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Vegetarian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carson's in Ann Arbor offers a great location for a private luncheons or dinners for up to 40. With flexible menu options and av rental equipment.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Gould 888-456-3463
A word from Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor
Contemporary American Cuisine An eclectic American restaurant featuring a wide array of American favorites: Prime Rib, USDA Angus steaks, chicken, pork, fish, seafood and a variety of fresh salads. Indoor and outdoor fireplaces and patio seating available. click here for special events and promotions information http://www.carsonsamericanbistro.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (18)great for lunch (17)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (12)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Good bread, competent server, good food, basic American, pleasant enough. .Special Features:
- Carson's is really underratedSTaaVIPDined on 10/11/2014I think that this restaurant is truly underrated. We have been coming here intermittently for the last 4 years, and have yet to have a meal or menu item disappoint us. We just heard that as of October (this week) that they will be remodeling the inside - the antler chandeliers are going, as are some of the other "western" type décor. Per report, this will be done at night, and closures kept to a minimum. We look forward to seeing the refresh.Special Features:
- Football weekend findGoBlueFanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had a great early dinner before UM night game. Wide variety of choices on menu at reasonable prices. Lake Superior fish was particularly good. Not nearly as busy as restaurants in town, and service was good. Located 1/2 mile from park and ride at I-23, so getting to the game via bus was easy.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a birthday with friendsBdayGirlDined on 10/5/2014Just the right amount of attention from the wait staff and great food and beverage.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Time and time again Carson's leaves me with an urge to come back. Excellent food, friendly and efficient service are what makes it one of the best restaurants in Ann Arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TBMDinersDined on 9/23/2014Service was slow and waitress was not attentive to drink needs. Food was only OK this visit. Calimari was very tough. We are regular diners at least every 3 months and this visit was not up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around goodJackDined on 9/10/2014We took friends out for a special occasion. Menu choices, food and service were great. Our beer and wine choices were also good and even unusual. Try the mad Hatter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Local FavoritefourthandtenDined on 9/6/2014We always love our meals at Carson's. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:
- PerfectChezDined on 9/5/2014We had been here once before, and thought we would try it again. Our waitress was very nice, and knowledgeable of the menu. Our food was served in a timely manner, and everything was great. We had the prime rib, and salmon. The chips appetizer was very good as well. Overall, very reasonably priced, good food, and easy parking - sure beats trying to park downtown in Ann Arbor on a Friday night!Special Features:
- Gem of the northside of AAchanyliDined on 8/29/2014While Carson's is probably one of the few high-end american restaurant around the north campus vicinity, that is definitely not the reason why the northies are frequenting it. In my opinion, Carson's is really comparable to other notable steakhouses in town, with steaks that are succulent even when it is well-done (my mom likes it that way), and appetizers that will sure be able to satisfy the diverse desire for surf or turf, or both. Bread is always warm and tasty, making a good company while one waits for the entree to arrive. Not to forget that the complimentary salad that comes with the entree is really fresh. Last but the least, the servers are mostly courteous, but definitely not lacking any fun spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!EddieDined on 8/23/2014Great service, food and atmosphere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014The food and service were very good. The ambience was nice and lended itself to a enjoying each course while enjoying the company of my friend. The noise level was mostly quiet, so it's a great place to get to know someone over a good meal. The only annoying factor was that at four different times, during my meal, the staff dropped something heavy, which resulted in a loud, startling noise. Once, I can understand; however four times in the span of one meal is excessive and annoying.Special Features:
- All-round great experiencenatalieDined on 8/2/2014Fabulous food, great atmosphere, and attentive service to our group of 6, despite the extra-busy time due to the post-RealMad/ManU game crowd.Special Features:
- One if my favoritesArielDined on 7/31/2014Carson's is a Main Street venture restaurant without being on Main Street. I love that about it because the food is delicious, the service is top notch, and I can find ample parking without driving through downtown. They have an outdoor dining space that is enclosed so it feels quaint. Their baby back ribs were surprisingly good! Their corn chowder with bacon soup is soooooo good. I highly recommend ordering that to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Celebrating our wedding anniversary and chose Carson's after a recommendation from a friend. We wanted a place with good wine and nice steak selection. The wine was excellent but was told that they were out if prime rib. Had to pick a chicken dish that was mediocre and the filet which was very good. Expected more from a steak house. How can you be out of prime rib at dinner time? Would have finished the glass of wine and left but it was storming out. We may give it a second chance later. The staff was very professional and nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Previous server remembered us (from previous month) and came say hello. Restaurant has emphasis on service which I think emanates from the management staff outward.Special Features:
- fabulous birthday eveningmartaeDined on 7/18/2014Had 7:30 reservation on a Friday evening. Seated within 5 min of arrival. Manager took drink orders and had to concock peach daiquiri, but excellent! from crabcakes to unbelievable cookie sundae, everything was fantastic. Only our third time here, but we love it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trouble under pressureNWinA2Dined on 7/18/2014I'm usually a big fan of Carson's, but I took my family to eat there during Art Fair weekend and our experience was pretty disappointing. The food was good (as it always is), but the entire place seemed completely overwhelmed by the crowd. We had a reservation for a larger group and it was clear that nobody thought about where to put us until we walked in the door. The wait staff was frazzled and less professional than usual. The kitchen was running out of things and as a result our first courses came out staggered... which is awkward. Our main courses took forever to come out. I'd think a big restaurant that's part of a group of multiple restaurants in Ann Arbor would have been better prepared.Special Features:
- nice average restaurant for areaBFFdinersDined on 7/16/2014First time using tablet menus which was cool. You could see pictures of all the menu items. Waitress was very attentive but her perfume bothered my dining partner who has a chemical sensitivity. Restaurant within walking distance of hotel. Food was good not memorable. Crème brulé was the best part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic done wellStevefromYpsiDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed a birthday dinner for my brother. Service was excellent. Great oberon on tap (hard to find a good tap for oberon). Dinners were cooked perfect. I had salmon and small potatoes. Potatoes were cooked perfect crisp outside, tender in side. Veggies were al dente. Ribs were done great. Love the oven bread sticks.Special Features:
- YummyGailDined on 7/12/2014We both enjoyed fish for dinner, I had the swordfish with couscous which was delicious. My friend tried the perch. Wonderful wine list and IPA beer on tap.Special Features:
- First time dining hereA2noviceDined on 7/4/2014First time dining here, food was very good and great list of different food items, reasonable pricing, good serviceSpecial Features:
- Great place to celebrateChrissyDined on 6/27/2014We came here for my sister's graduation and moving celebration. We sat in a booth and we were very comfortable. We enjoyed our drinks and dinner and the waiter was very attentive to our needs. I will definitely come back to have more celebrations and date nights. Also, there is parking available, and in Ann Arbor this is a hot commodity!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 308 reviews are from the Carson's American Bistro - Ann Arbor reviews archive.
- Wonderful outdoor eatsSchrodsterDined on 6/21/2014Great dinner on a beautiful summer evening. Brussels sprouts were fabulous; crisp parts with excellent balsamic twist. Fish tacos were good. A very nice surprise: bottles of wines are 1/2 price on Saturdays. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first timebliwienskiDined on 6/20/2014This was the first time that my Wife and I have dined at Carson's and we were very impressed with all aspects of this restaurant. The Food was incredible and more important to me was the fact that the staff was excellent. We will be back to further explore the great menu.Special Features:
- DeeDeeDined on 6/18/2014The food was excellent, the service was great and it was comfortable to dine there.Special Features:
- Has become our local favoriteSTaaVIPDined on 6/15/2014We hadn't come here since around the December holidays, and Father's Day was coming up, so I chose Carson's. Our visit reminded me of why we need to pick Carson's more often. Prices are moderate. Their crispy fried Brussels sprouts appetizer (and that is also a side dish) is reason enough for me to return soon - what a great dish! Excellent salads - the wedge salad is superb (that was my choice). Two of the four of us ordered fish. The portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Gluten Free FriendlyconductorDined on 5/31/2014In addition to having a generally wonderful menu for anyone to choose from, Carson's is without a doubt one of the very finest restaurants for Gluten fee eating. Excellent choices with a very well trained staff regarding gluten issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerumichgradDined on 5/23/2014The birthday special is great for getting your group a meal discount. The food was excellent and the service was awesome! The King of Roasts prime rib is so tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Great local placeFoodywithfriendsDined on 5/16/2014Carson's is a staple in the area. If you are looking to eat out in A2, but not venture down town this is a great place. Service is always excellent, food is good and wine list is excellent. Burgers and prime rib sandwich are wonderful! Some of the food can be a bit bland, but over all the place is a solid place to get a meal that I have ate at many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantMikeH15Dined on 5/12/2014If you just want to have a good comfortable meal this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carson experienceMomsdayoutDined on 5/11/2014Atmosphere was very nice. The waitress was very good. The bread served though was tasteless, and the blue cheese coleslaw seemed dry and old. The crab cake appetizer was way to expensive and the Parmesan crusted sole and grilled vegetables had to much butter or olive oil. All the other entrees we had were were very good. (Ribs, Fettuccine Alfredo, salads and sides) I would still come back because I have had another experience that were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SproutsChiACDined on 5/11/2014Make sure you get the brussels sprouts! It's like there's a party in your mouth and everyones invited!Special Features:
- Birthday BummerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014Only 1 of 4 thought their dinner was good. Waiter did not help come up with a dessert the birthday person would like so we got cheesecake for others. Two people took a bit and pushed it away it was so bad. Waiter did not ask if we liked our dinner. I wasn't even sure who our waiter was we so him so infrequently. My "whitefish" dinner was 2 small squares of fish. Broccoli was not cooked. Wish we would have stuck with original plans to go to Real Seafood, but too late since you only get discount on your birthday.
- Great Small Birthday Party PlaceCatoaskDined on 4/27/2014The meals are very tasty, the servers are wonderful, but it can get pricey. (A 10 oz porterhouse is 19.95 and if you want roasted, seasonal veggies it is an additional a 5.95) There are other veg options, and other dishes come with veg. We have a wide variety of food wants from baked mac and cheese to low carb, and everyone in our party was satisfied. I'd rec round the tables for parties of 6-8 (if you can get them). I'm not a huge fan of the long booths b/c it is harder to talk to everyone in the gathering. They give money off if it is your birthday too. It is our special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Fun TimeDramaqueenDined on 4/20/2014Took a friend to Carson's. Ate outside on a lovely day. Tim, our waiter, was very friendly and helpful. I have been to Carson's many times, always good service and excellent food. I always have fish because I don't like to cook it myself and they do a wonderful job every time. I go there whenever I am in Ann Arbor,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MrsBDined on 4/20/2014It is all about the food! My entire family raved about their meals!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner.grtfoodDined on 4/19/2014We had a group of 7 people and the service was outstanding and the everyone's food was very, very good. We had appetizers, wine and other drinks and the server was very attentive to make sure that the drinks were re-filled, water glasses were always full and anything we asked for, we received quickly. The food order came out promptly and all of the plates not only tasted good but looked good too! Would definitely recommend Carson's!Special Features:
- Good overall experience as usualABBBReviewsDined on 4/12/2014We have been to Carsons several times and they did not disappoint this time. Service was prompt, friendly and professional. The food was very good. The only item that was not outstanding was the prime rib. I ordered medium rare but instead was served an end cut that was medium to medium well. It was still pretty good but not what I ordered. We had brought in a cake to celebrate a birthday and the server handled this very graciously.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Time with FriendsuofmdeeDined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed getting together with a couple we have not gone out with before. It was a great dinner, and we happened to be on a Saturday when they were offering bottles of wine half off. That was great also.Special Features: