21 Main Street
Medford, MA 02155Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carrollsmedford.com/
- Phone: 7813953344
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Carroll's
From the beginning, Carroll's has always featured the very finest aged beef and fresh seafood with service that is both gracious and indulgent. We offer premium wines served by the glass or bottle, With a menu featuring Small Plates, generous sides, decadent desserts and an innovative Raw Bar Menu, Carroll's has raised the standard of casual dining to a whole new level. Our promise at Carroll's is to make every guest visit a memorable celebration of exceptional food, wine and personalized service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carroll's reviews from OpenTable diners
- This place really changedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2013This place really changed from the diner I remember as a teenager. I love the industrial look to the dining room. Food was excellent and service was first rate. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster FestOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/16/2013Enjoyed the Lobster Fest at Carroll's last night. Amazing Lobster Cakes. More Lobster meat then imaginable. Others at the table had Twin Baked Stuffed Lobsters, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese - which was amazing and Lobster pizza. We all started off with the $1 Oysters which are served from 4-7pm. Yummy! Thanks Carroll's for satisfying my lobster craving - we will see you soon.Special Features:
- Just okay....TomDDined on 7/5/2013Food and service were okay, restaurant had a strong odor (possibly due to the heat and the nearby Brook?). Pricey gin martini was $12 all in all just fair.
- Life long Medford resident.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2013Life long Medford resident. Never been dissapointed with a meal at Carroll's. They were have an oyster festival and all choices we made were excellent: Spicy fried, oyster stew and Oyster platter.Special Features:
- A local find. Always pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2013A local find. Always pleased by the service and food options. There Strip Steak is a definite find. It is outstanding. The food is very good and the wait staff is very attentive, but not overly so. There specials are always very good. We live in Medford, so Carroll's is a wonderful place to frequent in our home town. We have yet to be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent presentation ofPhyllisVIPDined on 6/2/2013Excellent presentation of brunch tables. Wonderful selection of foods that provided something for everyone of my 9 guests.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOurAnnualWeekInNewportVIPDined on 6/1/2013My son moved to Medford a year ago - around the time Carrolls was opening and I was eager to dine there. Finally made it there this weekend and it didn't disappoint. The service was excellent, has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere, we had a wonderful meal and could easily carry a conversation. Great martinis, delicious fresh oysters, three of us split the chop salad, two of us had the flat iron steak with lobster, one of us had the swordfish - all were excellent. The bar area was alive with a Boston Bruins playoff game - and the B's won! Management should update the website menu. Online a baked stuffed lobster is 1 3/4 lbs for $28.95, however at the restaurant a 1 1/2 lb costs $32.95. I believe some of the other prices are off.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013They couldn't seem to keep up with restocking the brunch buffet. There were always one or two trays with no food and a long line of people waiting for it to be filled back up.Special Features:
- good basic pub fare menuKalliDined on 5/11/2013Good basic pub fare: burgers, sandwiches, and some fish entrees, etc. Patrons were perhaps locals who had visited the original Carrolls ie older crowd with a mix of younger, college students. Service was excellent from the host to our server. Perhaps I did not order the best item (chicken club--way too dry). The rest of my party enjoyed their selections, mussels, portabello club, salad. May try again.Special Features:
- It's terrific to have a reallyFrancophileDined on 3/31/2013It's terrific to have a really good American restaurant with a broad menu in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Steak salad was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Steak salad was wonderful. However, burger was bland. A nice flame broiled burger is the only way or don't have it on the dinner menu. Service was great. Convenient to our hotel. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Overall a good experience but the food was ok. It was a little over prices for the meals we received.Special Features:
- Good portions.....the serveracrossVIPDined on 2/6/2013Good portions.....the server was very attentive, of course there was only one other table occupied on a Wed night. The most interesting clam chowder I've had. Not the best, but certainly enjoyed a different treatment of a NE classic. Parking was not well marked in this little downtown area.
- New option in sleepy Medford Sq.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/27/2013Happy to have a decent bar/restaurant in Medford Square. Dining room was dead, but it was Sunday and to be expected. Bar had nice atmosphere: hightop tables, many big-screen tvs, delicious specialty drinks. Ordered nachos (eh) and the Thai chicken app (amazing). The mac & cheese side dish is enormous-- a whole meal in itself. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My first time at CarrollsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2013My first time at Carrolls and will return. The steak, cheese, carmalized onion eggrolls were amazing. The service could have been a lot better. I will return but will request another waitress.Special Features:
- Fish lack seasoning, broilOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013Fish lack seasoning, broil fish bread crumbs seemed to be added after the fish was cooked. Rice flavoring did not go well with the meal, fish & chips while good proportions was heavy with little taste and the fries were not crispy. The spicy calamari were average and required a dipping sauce. Restaurant was clean, waitress were pleasant. Pasta dishes were not listed on the menu, but this may not be the restaurant's focus. Adjustments to the food preparation and side dishes would help draw business,as well as align quality and price of the meal.
- The food selection was limiteddinner42Dined on 12/2/2012The food selection was limited for a brunch (no toast) and the cost was a little high.
- Relaxing on a Sunday Morningliv2eatVIPDined on 11/18/2012Four of us were there for brunch. None of us had ever been there before. The restaurant is very clean and bright with friendly and attentive service. The food was very good. The made to order omelets were tender and delicious. Everything was very fresh. If you are a slave to your sweet tooth, the gooey dessert tray is noticeably missing. If a small piece of danish or slice of French toast is all you need to be satisfied then you will be very happy. We lingered for quite a while and were never made to feel as if we should move on. We would certainly do brunch there again.Special Features:
- Staff were very accommodatingmbalexDined on 11/1/2012Staff were very accommodating to our need to be served quickly; we had theater reservations. We ate at the bar and the service was great. The food was wonderful. The little plate of breads served with our drinks was delicious. We hope to return with more time to sample the menu at a more leisurely pace.Special Features:
- First visit with 2 other friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/27/2012First visit with 2 other friends. Service staff was attentive, main courses were served hot but a soup appetizer was only warm, not hot. Ambiance was comfortable, clean and modern. Crisp white linens,brick walls, modern dining room. Tables seemed a little close but manageable. We happened across the Early Bird and were very pleased with choices, quality and quantity of food. One guest ordered the clam chowder as an appetizer, expecting a cup of soup only to have a soup dish of chowder! looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- We went for my husband's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012We went for my husband's birthday dinner with friends, we greatly enjoyed the meal especially the steak tips!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012The Chowder was good, but my fish dinner was dry and lacked taste. I was disappointed. Kathy our waitress was very accomodating, but the wait for the food was quite long and we oted this was the case at several tables. In fairness, it did seem that quite a few people came in at once.
- Delicious sirloin tips! WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2012Delicious sirloin tips! Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Very comfortable atmosphere. Why go into Boston when we have Carroll's in the heart of Medford Square!Special Features:
- Really nice inexpensive comfortablenonameVIPDined on 10/13/2012Really nice inexpensive comfortable attractive restaurant.Special Features:
- Medford residentTravelerDined on 10/13/2012I was. Disappointed in the menu.the atmosphere is the best thing.I would go ack only for a drink at the bar.toooooo expensive for the portion you get.Special Features:
- We were unfamiliar with theBarbaraDined on 10/12/2012We were unfamiliar with the area and wanted a good meal before going to a play around the corner. The service and food was great. It was a nice choice.Special Features:
- The atmosphere at Carroll'sOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/5/2012The atmosphere at Carroll's is very nice, with a classy decor and a good vibe. The bar area is also nice, although it could use a little bit more intimacy. The two times we've been there, the food has been good, although not great. My swordfish was nicely done, although a little overdone at the edges, and my wife's seafood casserole was similarly a little overdone in places. The sides were good and the kids' fish and chips was excellent.Special Features:
- Loved Carroll's, broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Loved Carroll's, brought back many fond memories of the Carroll's of my youth. Food was excellent, great wine list. Pictures of the old Carroll's on the walls brought back many great memories of my youth. Waitress Kim was a delight, very pleasant and answered our many questions regarding the restaurant. My wife and friends we were with even recognized the younger generation of Carrolls, looks like his dad who we had come to know from our many trips to Carroll's while dating in the 60's. Learned they were starting to serve a breakfast brunch the next day (9/9). We will definitely be back to try that as well as returning to try other items on the dinner and lunch menu. Great bar area. Free parking in municipal lot accross the streetSpecial Features:
- It is very nice to have CarrollsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012It is very nice to have Carrolls back in town again, and seemingly doing very well. Although not yet like a Capital Grille or a Beacon Grille, up in Woburn, Carrolls is a terrific addition for Medford Square, with a very appropriate and interesting menu, fair prices, and excellent quality food. Our server was brand new and pretty green, but made up for that with a very pleasant and helpful attitude and smile. The newly added lounge with the big windows overlooking the river is a terrific space, and will be considerably better someday with carpeting on the floor and some sound damping material on the ceiling to quiet it down.Special Features:
- Nice looking but mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/10/2012The decor and ambience was good and we were excited to see this new restaurant open in Medford Square, but the menu was not inspiring and the food was largely bland and lacked passion, creativity and flavor. Not a good value for the money.