2333 18th St. NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://carriagehouseam.com/
- Phone: 2028173255x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 1:30am
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:30am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Carriage House
American eats, craft beers, specialty cocktails, and great atmosphere, all in a gorgeously restored historic carriage house. Spacious outdoor patio seating, two floors, four fully stocked bars, large flat screen TVs, it is the place to be whether its a Friday night out on the town with friends, a Wednesday Happy Hour, or a quiet dinner with someone special.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carriage House reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dine early for quiet, late for loudJohnHDined on 7/1/2014We came to the restaurant early- 7:30- and were almost the only people in the place. That allowed our server and the bartender to be very attentive, and the food was quite good at a reasonable price. Later on, the place will be more populated, but I don't know how that would affect the atmosphere or service.Special Features:
- Great for Drinks; Not for FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Service and atmosphere was great but the food was not. Come for the drinks but eat else where.Special Features:
- Excellent service!Anna88Dined on 6/12/2014Our servers were incredibly responsive to the needs of our large group. They were also friendly and created a nice atmosphere for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorial Day WeekendKenCDined on 5/23/2014We had a big group who were in town to celebrate a wedding! Our tables were reserved in a section designated just for us and we had a very attentive and affable waiter who, with the help of a number of his coworkers, took very good care of us! Our group enjoyed the food....from flat breads to shrimp with risotto everyone was very happy with their selections! We transitioned to the front patio for additional drinks after dinner and were equally cared for there! We liked it so much we went back again the following afternoon to enjoy the patio again, were instantly recognized by the staff and enjoyed more great service! Nice folks, nice place, very good food!!!Special Features:
- disappointmentTInaVIPDined on 5/17/2014We have been her many times since my son started college down in DC. The chose to come here for his graduation dinner. We had a party of 18 people. We were warmly greeted and out table was ready. The sad thing was most of the items were out of stock and not available. They said that they were busy on Saturday and ran out. I'm sorry but I find the crazy. We all did find something to eat but were very disappointed. Our server was great. She was pleasant and did her best to help us but there were very understaffed. Out meal took too long and even longer between ordering out drinks. I don't blame the server, but something else was going on there on that night.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Carriage House reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2014The menu on their website was different from the actual menu. No explanation given other than "yeah, sometimes it doesn't get updated." Very disappointing.
- Slow service, small menuJerryDined on 4/26/2014There were more employees than tables of customers and the service was still notoceay slow. Also, a number of things from the menu online weren't on the actual menu, including nearly every vegetarian option.
- Horrible Servicedcfoodie10VIPDined on 4/25/2014It took us and hour and twenty minutes for someone to take our main course order. Waiter had been attentive for the first 20 minutes after we were seated and gotten three of the four in our group drinks. When our fourth showed up 20 minutes late the waiter took our order for another round of drinks, and after 25 minutes we had not received them. We finally ordered from the bar and then we assigned another waiter. The food was great but the service was so terrible that I am never going back.
- Extremely Long wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014The Carriage House was a neat looking spot in Adam's Morgan but my wife and I as well as the rest of our party of eight were less than impressed. Our waitress was very good and friendly, none of this falls on her. We arrived at 7:50 PM for dinner, and did not get to order our food til 8:20. We then waited til 9:30 to get our food! 5 out of 8 in our party ordered burgers. How long does it take to make a burger? The wait was outrageous and there was no manager in sight. The burgers were all overcooked and one had to be sent back to the kitchen because it was so charred. I would not recommend the Carriage House to family or friends. Look elsewhere in Adam's Morgan.Special Features:
- What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/18/2014We had a group of 8 people celebrating a Birthday and this was the perfect place for it! We received a delicious "birthday shot" from a very friendly bartender to start out the night. The food was good and the service was beyond awesome! Highly recommend this new place!!Special Features:
- So happy I found this!BoLoDined on 4/11/2014My boyfriend and I were in DC for a day/night as part of our road trip. We stayed within walking distance from Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan. In search of a nice restaurant with good food, I "stumbled" upon Carriage House on UrbanSpoon. We gave it a shot and made a reservation on open table. A booth was reserved for the two of us right up front by the window. I got the ribeye and it was delicious, sides and all (brussels and roasted pot.). My bf got a roasted chicken, which was also good, but a little on the burnt side. We both got specialty cocktails from the menu that were tasty. Server was really nice & efficient. Overall, I loved it & am so glad we found it on our quick stop-through.Special Features:
- DissapointedDisappointedVIPDined on 3/29/2014I had heard good things about this place which is why I chose it for a group get together. Our waiter was friendly but he disappeared and to get someone to come to out table was difficult. It took two hours for our food to arrive. When I asked another waitress why it was taking so long, she said they had a wedding reception and another large party. I don't understand why they would book so many people if they don't have the staff to support it. The food was ok. I don't know if it was due to the large number of parties they had but I wasn't impressed. Based on my experience, this place is not good for large parties and service overall was poor.Special Features:
- Saturday Night GroupDinerDined on 3/22/2014A group of 6 went here for dinner on a Saturday night. They have a good beer list, and the food was excellent, but food took a long time to come out of the kitchen. Even after five of us got our plates, one person waited another 5 minutes or so to get her dish. They did comp her a drink from the bar, and the table got a free order of pita bread to make up for the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014It seems like DC only offers 2 restaurant options: either empty your wallet at some high end place, or eat bar food in an overcrowded lounge. Carriage House is one of the rare finds that splits the difference, providing delicious food, a fun atmosphere, and a good location without leaving your bank account hurting. Definitely worth a go, and grab the calamari for your appetizer, the sauce is made in house and it's amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redeemed themselves!bdaygirl22Dined on 3/8/2014There were a few major snags but they _really_ went out of their way to correct everything. I don't know if other people in my shoes would have taken it the same way, but since we (the party) were flexible and the servers/manager tried very hard to please us, in the end, I highly recommend this place! It's really a hidden gem in Adams Morgan. Thanks guys for everything! I had a fantastic birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could give ZERO stars!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014I would NEVER recommend that anyone step foot into this restaurant.
- Great food, bad serviceDavisVIPDined on 3/1/2014The bar tender was outstanding and did a great job mixing drinks and the food was very good. The salmon I had was outstanding but the service was extremely slow. We had to wave down our waitress a couple of times to get more water and our check.Special Features:
- Very good food and ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Very good food and ambience. Didn't give a fifth star because despite our reservation, two greeters seemed unprepared for us when we arrived. We waited 7-10 min before being seated at a corner table right by the door (on a very cold night). Hubby requested that we just sit at the bar (which we ended up doing). From there, we watched the Winter Olympics, talked with the friendly bartender, and enjoyed some good food. Restaurant quickly filled up. Overall, an enjoyable date night.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed itGervaiseDined on 12/13/2013Wasn't really sure what to expect here. It wasn't very busy but we were there pretty early. We were promptly greeted by a friendly guy who ended up being our waiter and gave us our choice of seating. I ordered a dry martini which could have been dryer. Had the salmon risotto dish -- just delish. My companion had the rib eye and was happy with it too. An added bonus was the music which was loungy stuff that I like. Our waiter was cute and really nice. I'd go back.
- Hidden SecretCJR777VIPDined on 12/2/2013This is a fairly new but wonderful surprise for the 18th street stretch of Adams Morgan. The service is always friendly and the pace is perfect for a relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmosphere But...TheDeputyDined on 11/8/2013Great place to go and share a number of great dishes...beer selection is pretty great too. I would NOT recommend the crab cakes though. They are very bready and mayonaisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite Neighborhood GEM!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2013I've been to the Carriage House twice now and every experience just got better each time. They have great selections on their menu like twice cooked calamari which is flash-fried with cherry peppers and lightly sautéed in a spicy cherry pepper sauce (this has just the right tinge of heat to whet your appetite) , crab cake sliders, grilled beef skewers, crab and avocado salad with spicy pasilla vinaigrette, bacon wrapped shrimps on a bed of risotto with fresh corn, maple glazed pork tenderloin and the rib eye we ordered was perfectly grilled to the right temperature. I'm looking forward to tasting other items on their menu (their home made brick oven gourmet pizza for sure) during my next visit to Adams Morgan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go ThereDessymoDined on 10/12/2013Not only was the food delish, but the service was great! And it didnt hurt that our waiter was a cutie... Lol! Great space for large groups. The owner came and chatted with us. I really loved this place and would def go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 86 people but 5 is too much!Ryansm9Dined on 9/26/2013The place was nearly empty except our table for 5 and a party of 86 upstairs for happy hour and it took over an We ordered appetizers which arrived cold, then it took over 1.25 hours just to get are food from a nearly empty establishment. After waiting 1.25 hours all the food came out except for the meal they forgot to even make...which was later comp. The food was good when it arrived and the waiter was attentive and clearly handcuffed by the kitchen and poor operations. This restaurant needs better operations. Overall the food was good when it arrived. Not running back. There's a lot of dining options in the area. I'll look elsewhere next time.
- Poor ServiceAdamDined on 9/21/2013The food was very good. The service was very slow and non-attentive. After taking our order the waiter sat down at the bar and put on head phones to play on the computer (which was set up at the bar). When we needed to get something we had to flag down the bar tender who was busy swatting things off of the wall.
- Great food, friendly staffMarkj0314Dined on 9/20/2013Went with some friends and had a great dinner. When I booked the reservation did know it was a bar but staff was really accommodating, made chicken fingers for our friends kids. Next time we are near here, we will definitely stop in again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique new spot in AdMoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2013Fiance and I have lived in the neighborhood for 3 years, and were excited to try out the Carriage House. Our expectations were tempered because the spot is still new, not yet crowded (except outdoor) and the sign out front doesn't really draw you in. However, inside the space is really nice, the exposed brick warms up the place. Servers were sharp and attentive, food was great. Unique on the 18th street offering "american" fare but decently healthy. My fiance is a vegetarian and she found many choices. We had the carriage spread (very good), she had the carriage salad (loved it) and I got the brick oven chicken, delicious. Definitely check it out. A great new addition to the block for an affordable but "grown up" Adams Morgan dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adams Morgan's Major UpgradeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2013Nestled toward the north end of AdMo, the newly renovated TomTom sports a much more stylish feel. Oak paneling and rustic lighting gives a much more adult vibe, and the quality of food and service matches the more sophisticated decor. I found my new go-to Adams Morgan location for great prices and quality food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.