Carpe Diem Wine Bar
1001 second st
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Carpe Diem Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carpediemwinebar.com/
- Phone: 7072240800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Californian
- Executive Chef: Scott Kendall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Carpe Diem offers a wide range of catering options. From personal dinners at your home, to full blown 6 course food and wine pairings. We can cater for up to 150 ppl. Let us know what you are looking for and we will create for you a fabulous dining experience!
- Special Events: Winemaker Dinners: Please check our website for dates and menus for these incredible dinners!
A word from Carpe Diem Wine Bar
Carpe Diem Wine Bar offers a sophisticated, yet, casual dining experience in the heart of downtown Napa. Our welcoming, enthusiastic staff and ever-changing menu bring uniqueness to the table. Our forty-five wines offered by the glass and family share-plate style menu will entice you to try a variety of items, such as our famous Ostrich burger, Housemade Burrata (Mozzarella Heaven) and Seasonal Flatbreads. Come “Seize the Day” at Carpe Diem Wine Bar, where we eat, drink and be merry. No matter your style, you’ll be hard-pressed not to fall in love with our wine and seasonal ingredients that we have searched near and far to find.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Carpe Diem Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Carpe Diem Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (15)romantic (14)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- WheelsJerwheelsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent eatery with character. Each small plate as good as the next. Hot spot location in downtown Napa close to the river. Very friendly service providing an outstanding Napa experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.dc27Dined on 8/22/2014The atmosphere here is very chic and relaxed. We had the Filet Mignon skewers which were very tender and flavorful. We also had the Ostrich burger which was a new experience for us. It was very good with a great flavor - not gamey at all. We had the wine that was recommended with the ostrich burger and it was a great pairing. The homemade Twix dessert shouldn't be missed. We were at Carpe Diem 2 nights before the Napa earthquake. Our hearts go out to the owners and staff. We walked by last night and the destruction is intense. We hope that none were injured and they can get rebuilt and back on their feet soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMimiVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was a wonderful fun filled place. Food outstandinging and unique. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Food not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here during our vacation in wine country. The food was very good we ordered some tapas including the flash fried squash and crab as well as the duck mac and cheese they were all very good. We attempted to order the mozzarella appetizer which it seemed they ran out of which was dissapointing. The most troublesome part of the meal was the service the food came out at a good rate it was just that we felt the waitress was kind of neglecting us (failing to inform us the mozzarella dish was out etc). So in conclusion excellent food needs work on service but not insurmountable work.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were expecting a simple but delicious culinary experience. It was, indeed simple, but not delicious. The food was like " I wanna be a great cook " mixing products which should not be mixed with a poor result. Try harder !
- Fun and deliciousTexan52Dined on 8/10/2014Dinner on a Monday Evening following a tour of 4 wineries earlier that day. Food was delicious and wine pairings were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super yum!YUMYUM7Dined on 8/10/2014This is one of my top 3 fav places to go in DT Napa. Carpe Diem never disappoints-the food is awesome and we love how it is presented to be shared so you can try a bunch of different things. Great service, fun atmosphere, excellent service each time I have been there. HIGHLY RECOMMENDSpecial Features:
- Excellent!VisitorDined on 8/8/2014Everything was exceptional, from the delicious and imaginative food to the personable waitstaff. Great experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Carpe DiemFumeVIPDined on 8/5/2014The best dinner I have had in some time! The menu is a bit small but everything we ordered was delicious and always is. From the tuna tartare appetizer to the ostrich burger and scallops. The twix dessert is a delicious must have! Our server was great. Attentive and familiar with their menu. Small dining area and bar with a few table outside. Located right downtown. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Carpe Diem was crowded with tables and chairs packed in so tightly that people could hardly move and that includes the wait staff. Consequently, it was very, very loud. Probably because of the crowd, the service was slow even though the server was quite nice and enthusiastic. The food was mediocre as was the wine selection. We would definitely not want to return to Carpe Diem for meal.
- Nice timeBeachdwellerDined on 8/2/2014The food was good, but not memorable. I really enjoyed the Curried squash soup and the tacos were fantastic. The duck confit Mac and cheese was very rich and tasty but needed more duck. Our server, Rachel, was wonderful and attentive. She had great wine recommendations. I would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portionsvinobaroloDined on 7/31/2014Order 5 items from the cheese and charcuterie list to share between with my wife. Portions were very small for the price - 5 selections for $19. Would have expected the price to be 1/2. However, the flavors of the cheeses and meats were very good and went well with the wine we ordered.Special Features:
- Nice Fine among manyGregVIPDined on 7/29/2014We truly enjoyed the unique menu, I loved the curry, ginger carrot soup and my wife loved the pulled chicken salad. In Napa many choices and often highly priced. Although this wasn't cheap, it was worth the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love small plateswalkaboutDined on 7/26/2014I had the 3 choice charcuterie plate, very tasty. Squash blossoms also good, maybe a tad over coated. Quack and cheese is very rich and heavy a few bites filled my tank. Filet mignon skewers were tender and nicely seasoned. They have a premium wine flight which was awesome.
- A Must!GoodEatsDined on 7/23/2014One of the best restaurants in Napa. Great tapas dining - my favorite dish is fried squash blossoms! Price if good too!Special Features:
- Club1136Dined on 7/22/2014Had a great meal here, and service was excellent. Good location in Downtown Napa.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverFuzzyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Ive been to all "THE" Spots in Napa valley. While all the food is generally great, This place is hands down the very best! 3 of our party of 8 said it was the best meal of their lives. Every item is unique and full of flavor. We ordered all kinds of items, and just shared. Gave us a chance to try almost everything. The consensus is that whatever you ate last…is the best thing on the menu! I was blown away by the mushroom flatbread. Carpe Diem is a MUST in Napa! Service is as good as the food. Atmosphere is active and fun, but real laid back and casual. Small and fair corkage if you bring your own wine. Bring your best Sangiovese!Special Features:
- Over Rated!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Tuna tartar was so overpowered with the chili sauce (that tasted like it was out of a bottle) that the tuna may as well have not been there. The lamb clay pot had 3 tiny pieces of lamb. Ordered a second bottle of wine that never arrived.
- One of the best in Northern CalPIceterDined on 7/15/2014An ever evolving food and wine list that brings everyone that enters back for more. The staff have great attitudes, are efficient with your time, and are very knowledgeable about all the offerings. This is an upbeat, fun and very friendly place for a glass of beer or wines from around the world, not just Napa. P.S. Try the brown noser ale. (the chef brews it himself)Special Features:
- The Day was SiezedcotugsDined on 7/13/2014Carpe Diem is a great Napa spot to grab a bite to eat or enjoy some wines. They have an excellent wine list, and plates that range from small plates to full entrees. I recommend getting a bunch of smaller items and sharing them. I'd especially recommend the mushroom flatbread and the truffle fries. Service here is wonderful, everyone is very friendly and it was a relaxed dining experience. I'll be visiting Carpe Diem again soon!Special Features:
- too salty and bad serviceDrJenVIPDined on 7/9/2014We booked a table here because it's hard to find reservation and got a good rating so I thought it must be the hottest spot in Napa. It's hard to book a table because it's a tiny restaurant. Food was too salty. The waitress is so unprofessional. If you are dining with kids, please stay away from this restaurant. I left my credit card after paying for the bill but they did not even bother to call me right away to let me know that I left my card there even though they probably have my number through open table. I realized that I left my card the following day and went back to get it. There are so many great restaurants in Napa. You don't need to stop here.Special Features:
- Incredible!worldofwinesDined on 7/6/2014This place is a must when dining in Napa. Tried many menu items and they were all very good. The crab stuffed squash blossoms were my favourite along with the ostrich burger. Very good wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but too priceycackieVIPDined on 7/6/2014The corn soup was not good at all but the ahi tuna appetizer was outstanding. Need to serve more food for those prices. Very small portions.Special Features:
- Spectacular menuDrPamDined on 7/5/2014After a pleasant day of wine tasting, Carpe Diem was just the spot for a light, tasty meal. The chef is a genius. The menu includes rasty combinations you've never eaten anywhere else. Make sure you eat here before you die.Special Features:
- Amazing dishes and serviceDanielLDined on 7/1/2014We had the clay pot with a variety if spices and the most perfectly cooked and tasty piece of lamb ever. The fish tacos were an explosion of flavors and the charcuterie was delicious. Our server and the staff was truly delightful, knowledgeable and efficient. Overall, a great spot in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hournapadiner2VIPDined on 6/30/2014We enjoyed the smaller portions from the happy hour menu which enabled us to try many more dishes ... all delicious! and you can order from the regular menu as well.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceBBL377Dined on 6/28/2014Our visit to Carpe Diem wine bar was amazing. From the delicious and unique food to the excellent hospitality of the friendly & knowledgeable wait staff. We arrived almost 2 hours before our reservation & yet they were very hospitable & accommodating, seating us almost immediately. We loved the warm and welcoming atmosphere and would definitely recommend this amazing place.... Try the fantastic corn bisque, Ostrich burger &Tuna Tar tarSpecial Features:
- Tasty American foodIlccuDined on 6/28/2014Apetizers are large compared to main dishes, so don't get scared but eat all the way. It is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTheSmithsDined on 6/27/2014Amazing food and amazing service! We heard several other people at our resort say they wish they had made reservations here, so glad we did! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fun as always!The5MRanchVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is our second time there and it was just as enjoyable as the first. The truffle oil popcorn is worth the trip alone. My wife and I split the ostrich burger because she wanted to try it this time. The best burger you'll find in town.Special Features:
- The following 369 reviews are from the Carpe Diem Wine Bar reviews archive.
- carpe DiemsherryDined on 6/22/2014We had a quiet table in a small attractive dining room. We loved the delicious squash blossoms stuffed with crab meat, the filet mignon skewers, mixed mushroom flatbread. Great service & interesting delicious menu items. shrimp & rice dish wasn't a favorite.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!reviewer20398Dined on 6/21/2014Yummy food and servers are friendly and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeatable year after year 🍷LuvItalianVIPDined on 6/20/2014Lives up to it's name & definitely was worth the return visit... We'll be back again & again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerRonnieDined on 6/19/2014A nice place for a date night or night out with friends. I'm pregnant so I didn't drink but the wine selection looked great. Our soup & appetizers were okay, but the entrees (ostrich burger and the lamb claypot) exceeded my expectations. I'm craving the caramel ice cream from the "twix" dessert as I'm typing this =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good eats and nice staffDrMangoVIPDined on 6/17/2014We really enjoyed the food here and also appreciated the Hostess giving us some wine while we waited for our table since the people who were there stayed a long time after they were through. Would definatly return here.Special Features:
- TennisfanDined on 6/17/2014Had price fixed dinner, offered for month of June. Very good food, with hardy portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findTayandgrayDined on 6/9/2014We went for our honeymoon and birthday celebration - welcomed with champagne and super friendly staff. The whole evening was great with wonderful service and fantastic food! Ahi tuna tartar and the tacos were definitely favourites of the "family style" eatingSpecial Features:
- Great for DinnerWillDined on 6/9/2014We loved the restaurant's modern decor, and amazing food. Kimberley, our server, was wonderful. Very knowledgeable about the menu, and provided great suggestions, which we ordered and loved. If you're staying in Napa, this is a restaurant you have to go to.Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceKimberlyZDined on 6/8/2014We opted for a few small plates. Burrata, beef skewers, 3-choice charcuterie plate. The Burrata is outstanding. Gooey, fresh tasting and on top they sprinkle a crunchy, salty kind of garlic concoction that is out of this world. A must-try for anyone. The only criticism was the charcuterie plate. The salami slices on 2 of our choices were sliced transparently thin and there were maybe 6 slices of each. For the price, this is disappointing and dissatisfying. The service was fantastic. A knowledgeable young lady who talked about the wine choices like an expert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodHetalVIPDined on 6/5/2014Outstanding dining experience for my first visit to Napa Valley. Chef's tacos were good appetizer, but the best was ahead. I had the harissa claypot and the lamb tenderloin was to die for! It was perfectly cooked and just melted in your mouth- wish i had more meat on my plate though :). The couscous with that dish had too much cranberry/dates/raisins for my taste though, but easily fixed by picking those out. My wife had the prawns which were delicious as well. The prawns were more like big shrimp. Our server was very nice and helpful, felt very comfortable with her service.Special Features: