Carpe Diem - New Canaan
26 Locust Avenue
New Canaan, CT 06840Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carpe Diem - New Canaan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://carpediemnewcanaan.com/
- Phone: 2035949599x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon and Tue closed, Wed - Sun 11:30 am to 11:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Regis Saget
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Lenny Lorendo 2035949599
A word from Carpe Diem - New Canaan
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carpe Diem - New Canaan reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terrific RestaurantSteveVIPDined on 12/7/2013We thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. Great food and warm setting. Service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AugustDined on 11/29/2013We loved the food! Real authentic Italian -- quite delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice new placeAllieDined on 11/16/2013We had a fantastic dinner here. Food was delicious, service was excellent. My only complaint was it was slow -- we weren't in a huge hurry, but appetizers took 45 minutes to appear. It is very new, so we'll chalk it up to that. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always soldDanHVIPDined on 11/15/2013A go-to favorite in New Canaan. Always good food and service. You just can't miss.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMarkDined on 10/5/2013We visit New Canaan frequently and dine out on occasion, and finding Carpe Diem was a great move, as the food was phenomenal, and the service excellent as well. We sat out front on the patio, and it was a perfect night. We brought our kids, 16 and 10, and they were fine in this classy spot. We will definitely return when back in New Canaan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a bit expensive forStevek45VIPDined on 10/5/2013It was a bit expensive for a fair meal. I probably wouldn't recommend it.
- Cest moi 38Cestmoi38Dined on 9/19/2013Excellent pasta dishes; outstanding antipasto. Overall great dining experience. Would suggest a few reasonably priced Italian wines included in the wine selection. Especially appreciated our waiter, Lenny, and his recommendation for a wine to complement the different entrees ordered by 5 people. Would definitely recommend the restaurant!Special Features:
- Comedy of ErrorsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2013Our experience at Carpe Diem went from bad to worse and even speaking to the owner did not help. We had to wait to order drinks, the bus boy had to take our order, my husband's pasta got cold waiting for someone to bring him some cheese, a drink order took so long that we finished dinner by the time the wine arrived. And the food was just so so. An offer from the owner ...after we complained ....to send over some "special drinks", never materialized. Frustrating experience. Never again....
- Always a great choice...mostlyfishVIPDined on 8/31/2013Tuna tartare is always fresh and prepared well. Branzino and duck pasta special were great. Wine list has many interesting (all Italian) choices. Outdoor patio is beautiful and room is beautifully decorated. Service is gracious. Desserts are fantastic. A worthy choice for semi-Formal Italian that doesn't break the bank.Special Features:
- This was our second time here.DWBCPAVIPDined on 8/21/2013This was our second time here. It was my girlfriends birhtday and I called to let them know that. We recieved a very warm welcome from Lenny the owner. He and his staff provided us with excellent service and attention. He also provided us drinks and the birthday cake on the house. He also remembered that I have an allergy to shell fish and had a special veal chop made to order for me. My girfreind has scallops that she said were the sweetest she has ever had. Needless to say we will be back. .Special Features:
- OK But Not Wow!only1raraDined on 7/21/2013The Manager / Owner seemed to be doing all the running around having to constantly tell two young, inexperienced waiters what to do. Therefore service was erratic, a few dishes were not available and the food is expensive. It's a shame it wasn't more slick as lovely location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but terrible managementSteveDined on 6/30/2013Sunday lunch and the had one beer (as in one bottle not one option). They ran out of steak and we were the only folk in the place.. Food was excellent but I do see this place being around much longer.
- Excellent service and foodDWBCPAVIPDined on 6/19/2013When we arrived we were greeted by the host confirming our open table reservations. I had previously reviewed the menu as I can be a picky about the food I eat and had several choices in mind. I picked the lamb chops rare because they were American Lamb - (I do not like New Zealand or Australian -- too gamey) they were delicious, tender and a generous portion. My girlfriend (of 4 years - anniversary dinner) ordered a seafood risotto which she said was wonderful. For desert we shared the restaurants own gelato, pistachio, lemon & vanilla - all wonderful. We both complimented the host and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time was had by allKellsDined on 6/8/2013Food was great, dessert even better! There was even a 5 piece jazz band that started at 9. We would absolutely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a special ocassion or mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013A beautiful dining room, tables set with fresh flowers, looking out at the patio also with flowers (spring at last). Our brunch of eggs Benedict and a mimosa just hit the spot. This was not our first time and definitely will return soon!Special Features:
- Local, reliable upscale ItalianDanHVIPDined on 5/10/2013A nice, small Italian restaurant with an interesting menu..varying specials and solid service. Always a nice evening out and the food quality never wavers. Not a romantic place so I wouldn't celebrate an anniversary there...but good for couples looking for a nicer meal and small groups to meet up, eat and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.