Carpe Diem Cafe Bistro
105 Sycamore Place
Decatur, GA 30030Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Carpe Diem Cafe Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://apresdiem.com/carpe_diem/index.php
- Phone: 4046879696
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Khaled Chebbi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Carpe Diem has two private dining rooms available for corporate functions, social events, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties and baby showers. Our chef is happy to work with you to develop a customized menu to delight your guests and our knowledgeable staff is at your service to assist in planning the perfect event.
Our main Dining Room accommodates up to 77 guests for a seated event or 120 for a buffet. Carpe Diem is also available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Tarik Berhe 4046879696
- Entertainment: Join us for "All the Jazz" every Wednesday evening in the Lounge featuring the musical stylings of the Evan Hodges Duo.
Bring the family for "Jazz Brunch" every Sunday noon til 3pm featuring the cool sounds of Deaton, Hodges, Whitehead.
A word from Carpe Diem Cafe Bistro
Just two blocks from Decatur Square, Carpe Diem offers a relaxed, yet cosmopolitan atmosphere. From cocktails in the comfortable lounge, to a light lunch on the sprawling patio, a quiet dinner with friends or a relaxed Sunday brunch with family, Carpe Diem offers flavorful eclectic fare, an extensive wine list, specialty coffee drinks & delicious desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carpe Diem Cafe Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- party of 14 across the roomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2012party of 14 across the room was so loud and obnoxious we could not hear the waitress or each other. even the staff was complaining to us about the noise level. no one said anything to the party of 14 even though it was obvious no one else in the room enjoyed their experience.
- We happen to choose a dayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/13/2012We happen to choose a day when they had a several large groups, so the service was slow. The waiter pointed this out upon our arrival. However, the food was very good once it was served.Special Features:
- Great local Decatur restaurant.WoodyDined on 11/24/2012Great local Decatur restaurant. This location has something for everybody. Bar, dining room, outdoor seating (when it's warm!). Always a good choice.Special Features:
- The shrimp and grits wereCandidFoodieDined on 11/10/2012The shrimp and grits were on point. The fruit salad was so so. Great biscuit. I've never had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- No Longer in Business!SnowWolfDined on 11/7/2012Such a great creative chef in a bad location. If it was not so far off the beaten path, the restaurant would have been packed & survived!Special Features:
- The portions were small butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/4/2012The portions were small but very tasty. I savored every morsel of the Carpe Breakfast. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- what a hot mess. they mustOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2012what a hot mess. they must have been under staffed, but that is no excuse to make us wait 45 minutes to order after being seated. our coffees were never refilled, we were never asked if we wanted another round of cocktails, and we did. when our food arrived they forgot my dad's order completely, and never came back to ask if we had everything we needed. we even had to hunt someone down for our check so we could move on to the next experience. i understand having a bad day, but i felt like the servers were so overwhelmed that it had gotten to the point of complete chaos, and we were lost in it. we were there for about 3 hours, that's not brunch that's the entire afternoon.
- This was my wife and I secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012This was my wife and I second visit here and we absolutely love it. The filet is awesome. The atmosphere is awesome. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner!GrandmereVIPDined on 10/31/2012My husband and I were visiting Atlanta for a family event, and explored the different neighborhoods listed in the local literature. How fortunate we were to select this restaurant based upon reviews on Open Table. Our server, John, was most congenial, and his recommendations were "right on" when it came to making our selections. The presentation of each plate was unusually artistic, and I was tempted to take photos of my appetizer (beet salad) and main course(tuna). Everything was cooked to our liking, the servings were generous in size, and it was a memorable meal. Wish we lived nearby!Special Features:
- I have been going to the restaurantwaterstriderDined on 10/17/2012I have been going to the restaurant since it opened many years ago. It doesn't change much, but I still like it very much. It is especially nice to sit outside on the patio. The food is outstanding - well prepared and tasty, but not particularly innovative. The wood-grilled sushi tuna is just as it should be: beautiful fresh fish rare in the center with a light sauce that does not overpower the fish. Filet mignon has a nice pepper sauce and the meat is smokey from the grill, but not too smokey. The side vegetables are cooked just right. I especially like the spinach, which is fresh and flavorful with no fancy adornments or sauces. The lobster crostini is a very nice appetizer. The drinks are also well made.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2012Carpe Diem is our restaurant of choice for our monthly book club meetings. The staff goes above abd beyond to provide us with everything we need: U-shaped table formation, quiet ambiente and of course great food! I would recommend Carpe Diem also for Brunch and Outdoor Dining. The waiters are friendly and open to any questions you might have about the menu.Special Features:
- Both I & my friend orderedEatWellVIPDined on 9/27/2012Both I & my friend ordered seafood tapas plates as entrees paired with a marvelous arugala & beet with goat cheese salad. I had eaten that salad there before & it was as delicious as my memory of it was. I had 3 curried scallops, which were excellent, & 4 shrimp on a bed of seaweed, which was fine, but not spectacular. My companion had some good calamari. The service was a bit slow, especially given that the place was not too busy, but the staff were friendly & laid back & let us linger over conversation long after the meal. It made for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Disappointed, but will try again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2012Love the setting. Dined there during the weekday after work. Requested inside window seating. Other guests dined outside so we had the inside to ourselves for some time. Ambiance was lovely especially during the sunset. My guest and I ordered one of the specials - grilled red snapper. We think they forgot to add seasonings. Entree' was very bland and overcooked. Side dishes were ok, but were difficult to enjoy with such pitiful main dish! They only had about three of the 8 to 10 desserts offered on the menu! Disappointed. Server was decent, but she didn't have much to work with! We were impressed with the restaurant food inspection score. May return as I have had more tasty food in past visits! Après Diem appears more consistent!Special Features:
- Have been here several timesSpeedfilmDined on 9/22/2012Have been here several times and always very pleased. Food is outstanding, especially the steaks. More reasonably priced than restaurants on Decatur Square.Special Features:
- I always enjoy this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/21/2012I always enjoy this restaurant. The food good, great location, and the ambiance great.Special Features:
- Good food, good service, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Good food, good service, nice surroundings. Empty inside on a Friday night was puzzling.Special Features:
- Back, again, to the bistroSnowWolfDined on 8/25/2012Back, again, to the bistro with the same results...excellent food, service & atmosphere. This time we ate outside on a balmy evening, perfect weather! Service was prompt & shared by all servers in the area of your table. No "you're not my table" or "I'll get your server". Everyone watched to make sure everything was to your satisfaction. Their "Specials" are exactly what they say...special! I had grilled lamb with carrot mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus...Wonderfully tasty. We all will be back again, soon.Special Features:
- My wife and I went on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012My wife and I went on Saturday night, with another couple. It was a terrific experience. We had read good reviews from other diners but weren't really expecting the food to be as terrific as it was. Its a unique and fun atmosphere, where you might expect less focus on the food. We each got different etnres and loved them ... My pan seared salmon might be the best salmon I've ever had in a restaurant. Not in our neighborhood, but if it were, we would go often.Special Features:
- Enjoyed every minute!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012I went to Carpe Diem with 9 of my friends and we all enjoyed every minute of it. The waitress was fab and gave us several suggested drinks and eats to try out. From the appetizer to the main course it was amazing - will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:
- The arugala salad with redEatWellVIPDined on 8/16/2012The arugala salad with red & golden beets with goat cheese was delicious. The chicken picatta will bring me back. It was served in an ample enough portion to take half home. The leftovers were even better. Very satisfying, but also light. Just perfect for a summer supper.Special Features:
- hadn't been there in years,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012hadn't been there in years, but was excited to go again. The food was very disappointing....will be awhile before I go back again. our waitress was good, tho!
- Best Neighborhood RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2012Carpe Diem is a great place to have lunch and dinner. The service and food was fantastic. The waitress/waiter were very friendly and attentive. They made us feel very welcomed and the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- one of my favorite placesBruncherDined on 7/12/2012one of my favorite places to dine! Steak Fritas has me hooked!!!Special Features:
- hot (but not in a good way)MmmmmmgoodVIPDined on 7/5/2012The waiter was great, our food was great - but it was unbearably hot in the room and we ended up drenched in sweat and rushing out the minute our meal was finished. A shame since we'd gathered together a group of folks that hadn't been together for a while. We did mention the heat a couple of times and were pretty much told they weren't going to do anything. There were only two tables seated in our room - both were large parties with at least one elderly person who might have had trouble with the stairs to the "cool" room.
- We didn't have to wait andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012We didn't have to wait and the food was great. Our waitress was very attentive but didn't rush us and we sat for a while because my friend and I hadn't seen each other for a while and had a bit of catching up to do.Special Features:
- Service, Food & Price - TOP NOTCH!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012My husband and I celebrated our 17th Anniversary here with our 2 children for brunch and we had a BLAST!!Special Features:
- Try the fromage plate. LoveNoBadMealsDined on 6/23/2012Try the fromage plate. Love the trout, scallops, calamari and deserts. I would also like a wider cocktail menu.Special Features:
- it was very quiet when weBeerbrewerVIPDined on 6/18/2012it was very quiet when we came in for lunch. only one other table seated. they sat us in the lounge area which is nice but not nearly as pretty as the art filled main area of the restaurant. the service was fine but our waiter seemed to be host and waiter both. the food was plentiful and very good. huge wrap sandwich with salad and fries. salad of mixed greens was done with lots of different lettuce types. the extra scallops on the salad were a different addition and well cooked. the atmosphere picked up as more patrons came in. would love to dine there again when the main dining area is available.
- We keep coming back! AlwaysSnowWolfDined on 6/17/2012We keep coming back! Always an innovative "Special" to consider & the food is prepared to perfection. The chef has a special knack in combining unusual foods & flavors together to make your mouth dance for joy. Waitstaff is always attentive & friendly!Special Features:
- We had a wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012We had a wonderful brunch on the patio. It was the perfect location and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Nice contemporary lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Nice contemporary looking restaurant, great food, variety drink menu, and great service. Loved the patio and outdoor dinning.Special Features:
- My friend and I treated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012My friend and I treated our spouses to dinner. What a gem? Food was fantastic-an all around great experienceSpecial Features:
- I chose Carpe Diem as theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2012I chose Carpe Diem as the perfect place to meet my sister.....for the first time! I knew that they had many seating options that would allow us to catch up on forty years of gabbing ....and they exeeded my expectations with their warmth an attention! She lives in LA so I wanted her to be comfortable, but also experience the friendly touch that says the South. She concurs! Her Salmon was history and my Nicoise Salad would've been ....if I could've stopped talking!Special Features:
- Delightful SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2012delightful surprise. Tapas were grand, service fine, recommendations to take heed ofSpecial Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Outstanding! The food was great, and the service was good. Elena, our serrver, was very pleasant and took good care of us, even when she had a table of 18 come in half way through our meal. The wood fired ribeye rivaled the flavor of many notable steakhouses, absolutely wonderful! The wife's chicken picatta was very good as well. The only blemish was they did not have our reservation down on the book from open table but it did not create any hiccup at all. Will we go back? YES, and probably will bring a group of friends!!Special Features:
- Decatur Gem!!BahamianFoodieVIPDined on 5/19/2012I truly had a memorable birthday celebration! I have not been to Carpe in a year or so, but have patoranized since it first opened. The experience was simply G8!! Liz our server was very accomadating, as was the bartender Lee. Thanks again for such a graet time, and I won't stay away so long!!Special Features:
- Went out with the girlfriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Went out with the girlfriends for a girls night out. Everyone really enhired their food. The atmosphere and decor is very nice even for a romantic dinner for two. I will be going back.Special Features:
- I've been to Carpe Diem aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2012I've been to Carpe Diem a number of times and have never been disappointed. It's a lovely, romantic restaurant with lots of atmosphere and fantastic food!Special Features:
- Get additional help!Terry1stDined on 5/14/2012It has always been a great place for lunch when you want to relax and visit with your guests. Food and drinks are always reliably good. Our last visit was a bit disappointing. For the entire restaurant, (inside dining rooms and outside patio), there were only 2 people working! The cook was also the host and one waiter, (who also was a lousy bartender), for about 40 patrons. Pleasant and apologetic attitudes calmed everyone's frustrations.Special Features:
- We went for the Mothers' DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We went for the Mothers' Day brunch. The restaurant had taken too many reservations because they counted on their outdoor patio for dining. The day was a rainy one so the patio was closed. Even with a reservation we waited 45 minutes. The food was "so-so", like many brunches. We will, however, return for a regular meal to check out the place.Special Features: