Carpe Diem by Cafe de France
110 E. Atlantic Ave Suite 120
Delray, FL 33444Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Carpe Diem by Cafe de France
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.110carpediem.com/index.php
- Phone: 5614552140
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Sun 11:00 - 4:30pm Dinner: Mon - Sun 4:30 - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Carpe Diem by Cafe de France
CARPE DIEM by Cafe de France is operated by Olivier, a 6th generation chef and baker. His culinary heritage dates back to 1820 when his family opened their first bakery in Northern France. The original bakery is still in existence today. "Quan minimum credule postero, Carpe Diem" (seize the day) embodies our new concept. We are still dedicated to excellent dining, rich wines, and superb service. What will change? We are expanding the restaurant with new seating, an upgraded kitchen, and a modern flair without losing our heritage. We are adding new dishes from around the world to our menu. French and World Fusion...all done with elegance. We also strive to use only fresh, natural, and organic ingredients. We don't use any bases, powders, or pre-made products. Tradition, with a touch of fusion, in a healthy way. Come join us at Carpe Diem and enjoy today with an elegant meal and a bottle of fine wine...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carpe Diem by Cafe de France reviews from OpenTable diners
- Prix fixOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2014Was surprised to find a prix fix menu which gave value and variety. Servers were not top drawers, but still an enjoyable experience and very good food.Special Features:
- Great French Food and AtmospherezimzimDined on 2/1/2014Surprisingly good French influenced restaurant. Excellent presentation and attentive service. Menu is somewhat eclectic, including pasta dishes and mediterranean-influenced dishes, but the highlight is more traditional french, including lamb shank, bouillabaisse, duck a l'orange,many preparations of fresh fish. The wine list was decent, large number of wines available by the glass, and reasonable mid-range wines from many places. The atmosphere is very unpretentious and comfortable. Waitstaff generally knowledgeable and helpful regarding the menu. Prices were very reasonable for the quality of food and service. This was the second time in a week we went there ( visiting from Massachusetts) which says a lot about our satisfaction with it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on the streetmkatg19VIPDined on 1/31/2014We had a great table right on the sidewalk. We could hear the live music from around the corner. Great way to start the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Service and food met or exceeded expectations. Great ambiance and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An awful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013They don't honor reservations in any timely manner. We waited forever. When we sat down they took forever to come over to take our order. After more delays they brought our main dish having forgotten to serve our appetizers. After a totally unprofessional response from the management I was so infuriated that we just walked out. The biggest disaster of out trip to Delray Beach. I will never go there again.
- Granted it was New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2013Granted it was New Year's Eve. But first the help Gave us 2 little hors doerves for 4 people and acted Like that was normal. So it could have been One worker. Appetizers and main meal were fine Champagne was nice. The menu said French cheeses Followed by pastries. We got crème brûlée Which was fine then the check came. So I noted No cheese to waitress and we got 4 little things. Don't think muenster is French. Or pepper jackSpecial Features:
- good food; clumsy serviceDreaDined on 12/28/2013I liked the food a lot. The menu has a mix of classic and more creative items, and the kitchen prepared our dishes well. The waiters and bussers, however, were some of the clumsiest I've ever seen. They did not seem to understand that jostling/disturbing diners or stacking up plates in front of diners while clearing a table is bad service. The restaurant scene in Delray is sophisticated. These service errors at Carpe Diem seemed out of place.
- Central to the Delray Beach RivieraCommonSewerDined on 12/27/2013If you like to be seated outdoors and entertained by pedestrians and traffic, this is the place for you. You can munch on a menu reduced of everything but price. As to service; we waited 10 long minutes without as much as a glass of wine, but once the all too pretentious maitre 'D assigned a waitress, I found the servers attentive. If you find yourself walking down Atlantic Avenue, in the evening and are hungry.....keep walking.Special Features:
- Good foodJoelDined on 12/26/2013Price fixed menu is good value as it includes appetizer, entree, and dessert. Very good French bread and olive spread. Outdoor tables have nice view of Delray street scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat inside at first butOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/25/2013We sat inside at first but there was an awful smell and the table was so dark u couldn't even read the menu. Fortunately they were able to move us outside which was fine. Our waitress was very nice and the service was good. The food was awful! Crab cake was dry and certainly not lump. The mussels were ok. Portion was very small. My husband had the lamb shank, just ok. I would not go back. I guess that's why they had lastinute reservations available on Christmas Day.
- Good menu, nice outside spotHowieSSVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had never been there before. It was a pleasant surprise with a varied menu and very comfortable outside spot. Plenty of menu choices and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas LunchKenPowersDined on 12/25/2013We were visiting a relative in Delray Beach and hadn't made plans for Christmas lunch. Through Opentable I was able to book a last minute reservation which turned out to be one of the highlights of our visit. The staff was attentive and very accommodating. The mood was very French with lots of outdoor dining available, sultry jazz background music, and charming ambience. We sat indoors with an open air view of the street side. Our meals were excellent. Three of us had surf and turf and one had trout. No complaints and lots of left overs to take home! Good wine list. Our relative said he would definitely be returning with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend this restaurantRogerDined on 12/21/2013Would not recommend this restaurant as the food was less than average vs cost. very limited wine list
- What a great meal - 100% better!!DelrayDivaVIPDined on 12/21/2013The new menu is MUCH better than the old one. And the risotto, which is why I love this restaurant, is even better with the steak and not a kabob. The service was much more efficient and prompt this last visit, also. Probably the best meal we have had here - and will recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Nice place.CharlieWDined on 12/18/2013We were entertaining out-of-town visitors; and went for dinner. This was our 4th time to Carpe Diem. Very nice place, excellent food; and superb service. The onion soup is superb, the lamb shank was great, the seafood pasta, the mahi and tilapia were all good. Desserts of course, were excellent. The prix fixe menu is great value. The house Pinot Noir is excellent, although a bit pricey.
- The food was very good. AOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/2/2013The food was very good. A very nice selection of dishes. We had a very nice table outside, the weather was perfect and we were enjoying the view but we had to leave our table because ants were under our table and a few of us got bitten. No other outside table was available so we had to move inside a table in the restaurant. We still had a good time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapppointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/8/2013Had wonderful duck dinner last year so returned for same, They were not serving duck that night. My husband chose rack of lamb for substitute..,.this consisted of two small, fatty lamb chops. Lots of potatoe & rizzoto though. Two people were waiting on us but we had a hard time getting service. Very disappointed..w/not be back
- Delicious and healthyJILLYVIPDined on 11/8/2013I can't believe their calorie counts are real. But it feels like you're eating healthy and even better, it's delicious. Beautiful presentation. Great menu. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SeekingTheBestDined on 10/26/2013Service and our meal were outstanding. We ordered the veal and the chicken cordon bleu and both were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carpe Diem An UnknowLarryLDined on 10/22/20131st time at this restaurant. Everything was very good. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit,BorishkaDined on 10/19/2013This was my second visit, and once again - a delightful experience. Duck anf Rack of Lamb were both excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointBaronessaVIPDined on 10/18/2013This is our third visit and we are still pleased. The Coquille San Jacques (sp?) is outstanding. My lamb chops and risotto were cooked to perfection. My husband's skirt steak was a little tougher than last time. Cosmos were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly exceptional restaurantDocHVIPDined on 10/16/2013A truly exceptional restaurant in the downtown Delray Beach area. Wait staff very helpful in making entree selections. Wine list adequate. Would highly recommend this restaurant for people who want delicious tastes and foods. Skewered chicken and shrimp were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. Wine wasDelrayDivaVIPDined on 10/12/2013Food was excellent. Wine was excellent. Service at table was excellent. Issue was that it took a very long time to get any food. By the time we got our entrees were weren't very hungry because it had taken so long. We arrived at 7:25pm and got no food, except bread, till after 8:00pm. We arrived hungry and ended up eating bread to feel better and that spoiled the dinner. We have been here before with the same issue. I am not sure we will eat here again because of the delay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been to Carpe Diem/CafeCaptelliotDined on 10/2/2013We've been to Carpe Diem/Cafe de France a number of times and have always enjoyed our experience and this time was no different. Started with the shrimp skewer appetizer, done nicely with tasty accompliments. The other couple had Escargot. I had the Duck which was very tasty, moist and not fatty. My wife had the Salmon and the other couple both had Bouillabaisse which they all enjoyed. We had a Amazon Local voucher which included Mojitos that I thought was very good and finished with an excellent Chocolate Fondant. It was a slow night and our service was attentive but we've have always received good service.Special Features:
- FINE DININGKELBEL2Dined on 9/28/2013EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE. GREAT SERVICE AND QUIET ATMORSPHERE. IMPORTANT TO US SINCE MY HUSBAND WEARS 2 HEARING AIDS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but we probably won't go backjasonVIPDined on 9/21/2013Food and ambiance were ok, but, compared to the other offerings in downtown Delray, they have a lot to learn.
- French?surfing1967Dined on 9/20/2013Didn't seem to have alot of french dishes and the staff was manly spanish. The food was good though and the service was very friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stomatitis LectureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2013What an awful experience. Although the food was wonderful, everything else was fair to poor. Our server was totally confused by anything we asked. She had NO idea of the menu items. We requested a booth inside which was guaranteed, as I have a physical disability. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were told that the inside was reserved for a group of medical people. We sat on the patio, in the heat and were forced to watch a medical slide presentation going on inside. This was supposed to be a celebratory dinner, not a lesson on how to care for a person suffering from stomatitis. It was like sitting in a fine restaurant and watching someone change a baby's diaper on the table. The PITTS!!!! We will NEVER return.
- Went for lunch, still tooBorishkaDined on 9/18/2013Went for lunch, still too hot for outdoor dining - but look forward to cooler weather and enjoying the ambience of the outdoor area. Inside is small, but it was quiet, with attentive service, so we enjoyed! Food was wonderful, had mussels, which were plump, so plump I sent a picture to a friend - we had recently shared some emaciated mussels at another resturant. Presentation was so nice we asked out waiter what the other table was having - it all looked so appetizing. Plan to return soon.Special Features:
- Not the best serviceWorldtravelerDined on 9/14/2013I booked a reservation on open table for 4 at 7:30 on Saturday . I then proceeded to call the restuarant to specify a terrace table. I had to confirm to them three times in two days This should have been my warning about the service. The food was fine. The service not. We got our drinks and escargot appetizers . We ask for bread to go with it and our server said not problem. 15 mins later we were still waiting. I finally got up and ask another server inside for bread. It took another 10 mins. As for the main course it took about 45 mins to hr to get our food. Service needs to be improved significantly. I am not sure I would recommend to others as a first choice since there are so many other nice restuarants on Atlantic ave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was just OK. My shrimpcindiVIPDined on 9/11/2013The food was just OK. My shrimp were good, my husband's fish was not so fresh. The Happy Hour bar and app menu was not offered to us. We had to ask for it, eventhough it was still Happy Hour. The sunset menu is a joke. You can have any entree under 18.99. which amounts to maybe 3 entrees. Good concept with calorie counts on every item, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired
- Had requested an outside.mrtnjmsDined on 9/7/2013Had requested an outside. Could not grant request when though outside tables where available.
- Best risotto on the AveDelrayDivaVIPDined on 9/6/2013This is what we go for. You can't get better risotto anywhere in Delray. The rest of the menu is good, but the risotto dishes are terrific. Go for that!Special Features:
- Food was disappointingMissMoDined on 8/21/2013The service was great, very attentive and the employees are very proud & knowledgeable too. We enjoyed sitting on the raised outdoor patio. The Strawberry Mojitos were quite TASTY. The food was average and we expected to be amazed by the food. Mahi was overcooked, dry, and topped with mushrooms & onions despite the menu noting pineapple and mango salsa topping - I did NOT send it back (scraped off mushrooms). French onion soup was salty, chicken skewer appetizers were MEH, the skirt steak was NOT tender, the brocolli side was COOL. The meat appetizer was ok - have been spoiled elsewhere with charcuterie plates with relish, mustards and better selection of meats. The only entree that was above average was the lobster ravioli.Special Features:
- it was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2013Its a fusion restaurant so you'll see all kinds of food on the menu. We started with the crab meat lettuce wedge that was really good and the home made bread was amazing. I ordered the salmon that ended up being a bit over cooked, the potato au graten.was also over cooked hard on the top and a odd brown on the bottom. The broccoli was good garlic butter sauce on top was good. The Salmon was coated in a lobster champagne sauce which was amazing. The service was ok. The over all feeling in the restaurant kind of made you feel un welcome. Everyone who worked there seemed well snooty. The lay out of the restaurant is bad.Special Features:
- good food great breadAndreVIPDined on 8/12/2013The food was great but the service will make you think you are in France!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBostonVIPDined on 7/26/2013This was our 2nd time at Carpe Diem. We went with friends who were never there before. They loved the food as much as we did and will also return. Our waiter ( I think his name was Jorge ) helped make it a pleasant evening. Thanks, ElaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is just fair. TheRschagrinVIPDined on 7/19/2013The food is just fair. The restaurant never is very busy. The server was young and inexperienced,
- Great food as alwaysDelrayDivaVIPDined on 7/5/2013We frequently enjoy eating at this restaurant. The risotto is really good, and the options of a skewers is nice, although the risotto with filet chunks (on the menu previously) was better. The desserts are always terrific, but we did not have one because on this evening the service was not up to par and our server was missing for so long that we got tired of sitting and just asked for the check rather than hang around any longer. However, we will be back - hopefully there will be either enough servers or we will have one who watches her tables more closely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.