Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn
211 Pittsboro St
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carolinacrossroadscuisine.com/
- Phone: (919) 918-2735
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Brunch Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Lunch Monday - Saturday: 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Dinner Friday - Saturday: 5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Clark
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Carolina Inn has been helping brides and grooms fulfill their most cherished wedding dreams for generations. Our magic begins with a setting of historic Southern charm: Colonial architecture, immaculate lawns, and stately oaks and magnolias. Inside the Inn, the atmosphere of warmth and grace is accented by antiques and fresh flowers. We have intimate parlors, secluded garden courtyards, and expansive ballrooms. The Old Well Room, with its evocative 1920's décor, is especially popular for wedding events.
- Special Events: Fridays on the Front Porch
Join the fun every Friday April 26th through October 4th on our Front Porch at 5 p.m. for live music, beer, wine, and delicious food.
Visit www.carolinainnevents.com or call 919-918-2735.
- Cross Street: Columbia Avenue
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking is available for restaurant patrons. Carolina Crossroads Restaurant and Bar is located in the heart of Chapel Hill on the campus of UNC Chapel Hill - 1 block from Memorial Hall, 1 block from historic Franklin Street, 1 block from Ackland Art Museum, 2 blocks from Morehead Planetarium, and a 10 minute walk to Kenan Stadium.
A word from Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn
Carolina Crossroads Restaurant and Bar is a rare Southern jewel nestled in the historic Carolina Inn. Crossroads joins the graceful traditions of the South with Executive Chef James Clark's progressive new American cuisine creating one of the finest dining experiences in the region. With an inviting, relaxed atmosphere and Forbes Four-Star service, guests can enjoy a casual but elegant culinary experience. Begin with drinks in the bar and then move into the charming dining room for dinner exquisitely prepared by our talented culinary team.Continued
Menus are updated seasonlly and incorporate fresh local ingredients.
Menus are updated seasonlly and incorporate fresh local ingredients.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Carolina Crossroads Restaurant at The Carolina Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (54)romantic (53)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (16)good for groups (13)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- carolinadinerVIPDined on 11/21/2014It was difficult to find because the website does not mention that it is located inside the Carolina Inn. Consequently we got there late, just prior to the kitchen closing for the lunch serving. I highly suggest they specify this information in there website. The staff was extremely nice and did not rush us even though it was obvious that they needed to clear the dining room in preparation for the evening meal. Our waiter was excellent and attentive just the right amount. The food was good as were the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GallowayDined on 11/18/2014We had a special occasion to celebrate, and Carolina Crossroads never disappoints. The pork tenderloin was amazing, and the service is always attentive without being overbearing. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service, atmosphere and food.kc5201Dined on 11/16/2014We went for an early dinner prior to a concert. Great choice--service was "spot on" --attentive but not intrusive, decent wine & cocktail list. The trout and butter poached wild hen were our choices---nothing left on either plate, says it all!! The sweet potato bread pudding is to "die for!" And--after all that food--we didn't even "nod" during the concert--haha! A meal worth seeking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!MickeyDined on 11/13/2014thanks for giving us the coupon so we came back and had a phenomenal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchfirstmetivisitDined on 11/8/2014Service Excellent, food was very good, price reasonable. Cozy, comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerjdvsDined on 11/7/2014Best dining experience we have had in Chapel Hill. Traditional but lovely, intimate room. Wait staff very attentive. Food was very, very good. Would highly recommend. The adjoining bar is also a fun place to start with a cocktail. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service ever! Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014We placed the winning bid on a gift certificate for brunch at Crossroads a charity auction. I unknowingly made reservations for breakfast, not brunch. When we arrived, they kindly explained that their brunch buffet was their most popular meal and highly recommended that we come back rather than use our certificate for the smaller breakfast buffet. They worked to fit us in that morning, despite having a full list of reservations. Then, when we came back, we were amazed at the selection and quality of the food! It was incredible! Everyone we encountered at Crossroads was friendly and helpful. If highly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or amazing southern brunch! Highly recommend the fried pork and the bread pudding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014We have eaten at Crossroads during our visits to Chapel Hill over the last five years. Saturday night was a real disappointment. The portions were small...2 slices of sweet potato the size of a small pinky was the only accompainment to two small pieces of trout. I don't know if they have changed chefs or it was an off night, but it was enough to encourage us to try another restaurant the next time we are in town.
- Great Sunday brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Great neighborhood gem! Love the smoke salmon dish. Really great place for Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PuppyLuvDined on 10/24/2014We ate at the Carolina Crossroads for the first time on Friday. We had 8:30 pm reservations for dinner, but we arrived early and were seated immediately. Our server was very attentive and friendly, and the food was wonderful. All three of us loved our meals. The sweet potato bread pudding was fabulous for dessert. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceonjaEatsVIPDined on 10/23/2014Carolina Crossroads was a perfect special place to celebrate my sweetie's birthday. The wine and food and service was all perfection. They were very accomodating with our gluten free needs and even had amazing gluten free bread to munch on. I highly recommend this as a special place to go.Special Features:
- 3closeoldfriendsDined on 10/12/2014Words cannot adequately describe how wonderful our dining experience was. From the assorted breads to the tiny sweet treats at the end, everything we ate was distinctive and so-o-o-o good. We took our time to thoroughly enjoy every bite of food and conversation and never felt rushed. When I asked if there was a Carolina Crossroads Restaurant cookbook, the answer was no. However, each of us was given a business card with the chef's email contact information so we could ask him for specific recipes. Service from the entire staff was outstanding and the size of the room provides an especially cosy, comfortable atmosphere. If I lived in Chapel Hill, I would want to dine here every week.Special Features:
- Very SpecialMemorableDined on 10/12/2014My wife & I arrived for dinner Sunday Oct 12 for 5;30 reservation. We have been to the Crossroads Restaurant in the past but not for quite a while. We celebrated the 29th anniversary of the date we first met. When we arrived we were greeted by the Valet Parking attendant who greeted us and treated us warmly. Arriving a little early we had time to sit in the lobby and enjoy the scenery and activity of other guests. Dinner at the CR was very special, the staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Timing of service was perfect. The food was very special. We enjoy cooking at home and can do most dishes at home - but we would not be able to duplicate the meal we enjoyed. CR is the place to go for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Absolutely love this place!chlisaDined on 10/4/2014I took a friend from out of town to lunch here and we couldn't have had a better time. Gorgeous setting both inside and out. Attentive and friendly wait staff and delicious food. So special! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanna bejleichtDined on 9/29/2014Faux fine food. Very average food that aspires to be more but doesn't come close. If you like your food salty, this is your place.
- perfect meal2567Dined on 9/28/2014Love Carolina Inn!!! We are so lucky to have it in town.Special Features:
- Elegant settingfoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is a favorite spot for me. Exquisite decor, impeccable service... The wait staff is unbeatable. The food? You cannot believe you are in a small town... It equals the finest in any large American city. I cannot say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location butwallyDined on 9/18/2014the temperature is FREEZING!!! We go there for special dates when we are attending an event at memorial hall and every time is unreasonably cold insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFriendsDined on 9/15/2014The dining room is elegant but comfortable. Food was disappointing given previous experiences. While,scallops were perfectly cooked and delicious. Added sugar dominated the tomato tart and the trout was over cooked and fishy tasting. Service was tediously slow and staff seemed to want to remove plates before all diners had completed eating.Special Features:
- Great placejnphDined on 9/7/2014Everything perfect: food, service, location. We had excellent steak and seafood. Our first visit, but certainly not our last.Special Features:
- So good.FoodenatorDined on 9/7/2014Delcious food, the Sunday morning buffet was absolutely incredible. There were tons of nice lunch and breakfast options as well as a salad section and a custom omelet bar. We will go back and take friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlacechathamlocavoreDined on 9/6/2014The Carolina Inn is a special place and the restaurant adds to the overall "Carolina" ambiance. Food is delicious and service is attentive.Special Features:
- eve531Dined on 9/3/2014As always, food was great , service was very good, one of my favorite places to go for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal!WayneLeeDined on 8/27/2014We came for my wife's birthday. The service and food were excellent. Access and parking at the Carolina Inn can be challenging when school is in.Special Features:
- Ok, but not great.thepickyeaterDined on 8/27/2014I went armed with a Groupon or I would have been upset to pay full price. I couldn't get over the feeling that I was sitting at the kids table in my Grandmother's living room, and the intimacy was disturbing rather than inviting. The decor was ancient and might have been interesting in a museum, but we don't go to museums to eat. I was hoping for southern decadence -- not decay. And the food -- you could tell it had a very high opinion of itself, but not one that was earned. The portions were laughably small and bland in presentation and flavor. My steak was overdone despite ordering it to a specific temperature, but never mind sending it back since it took so long to arrive. I wasn't impressed.
- EmJayGeeDined on 8/27/2014Lovely dining room with attentive service. Food was a little disappointing after so many excellent reviews online. Quail on appetizer was slightly overcooked. Spare ribs were melt in your mouth tender but needed seasoning, both salt and some heat. Chocolate bread pudding was a treat. Best thing was the three complimentary bites at the end - chocolates and a very yummy raspberry mold. Would return with a group but not as a personal choice.Special Features:
- Great chefVenturesomeDinerDined on 8/26/2014Delicious food, well presented, small portions but filling, excellent service, well trained staff, next to campus. Definitely not your usual mediocre hotel food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableNeighborVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent. We enjoyed crayfish bisque, fried oysters, spinach salad, crispy chicken, fresh ground beef burger, and bread pudding. The Inn and historic pictures add additional pleasure to the visit.Special Features:
- Love it hereYumYumsDined on 8/24/2014This was our first visit - we will be back. Impeccable service, amazing food, perfect quiet atmosphere. Very impressed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!moleculargradDined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic and the service was superb. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for an "upscale" dinner. It is a small dining room and they fill up quick on the weekends so I would strongly suggest reservations.Special Features:
- Great Food/Bad SeatingRAMSESFANDined on 8/24/2014We have been fans of Carolina Crossroads for a long time and visit often for brunch. We like sitting in the more relaxed bar area but ended up sitting closer to stranger next to me than my family. The wall seating tables were too close for me to even leave my seat to go to the buffet. This is too nice and too expensive to be forced to sit in this fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightKatieDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed a beer and live music outside at the Inn's "Fridays on the Front Porch" summer series before making our way to the resturant. The staff was all friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and served us properly (I appreciate things like serving from the left, removing from the right). The shrimp from our shrimp and grits appitizer was cooked perfectly. The Cheerwine braised shortribs were falling off the bone, rich and delicious. My husbands beef dish was cooked as he requested. Attractive setting, relaxed atmospher, strong dishes and professional staff. Overall a great date night experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuKellyDined on 8/22/2014I have dined at the Inn three other times but on this occasion I found the menu to be very limited. I don't know if they have a new chef but it was not up to its usual standards.Special Features:
- Foodfreak3Dined on 8/21/2014Always love going to the Carolina Inn, and I'm a State alum!Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerDinnerout2Dined on 8/20/2014We had an excellent dinner at the Crossroads Restaurant - from the appetizers to the dessert, everything was unbelievably tasty, and our server was professional and personable. Its pricy, but well worth it for a nice meal!Special Features:
- Gracious Space, Delicious DinnerquietdinerDined on 8/20/2014Although we got off to a less than perfect start, with our waiter appearing to have forgotten us for the first 20 minutes after bringing us the wine menu - for which he was very apologetic - it was a lovely meal. The food, too, got off to a slow start: my companion and I shared a field greens salad, which was a little limp and uninspiring, but things picked up rapidly after that. My duck confit was excellent and perfectly cooked, and her English pea raviolo was meltingly delicious. Desserts were even better: we shared a warm chocolate bread pudding and a salted tart with pickled blueberries and lavender whipped cream, both sensational. Beautiful, quiet space so conversation is easy, and we enjoyed watching the light change as it grew dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealpatriciaDined on 8/19/2014I chose Carolina Crossroads for my husband's birthday because I can always count on great food and service. I love the valet service and the gorgeous building. We are always greeted by the valet, doors opened for us, fresh flowers in the lobby.....what's not to love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablewineandineVIPDined on 8/19/2014Unusual and delicious rib eye dish. An enjoyable evening, excellent service, and elegant surroundings.Special Features:
- Wonderful Service and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014THe service staff is well trained and very personable. The food tasted delicious.Special Features:
- timmDined on 8/17/2014fantastic sunday brunch and great ambiance. The food selection was good and service excellent.Special Features: