724 N Milwaukee St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carnevor.com/
- Phone: 4142232200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jarvis Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Carnevor
Milwaukee's premier steakhouse, Carnevor is one of Wisconsin’s most acclaimed fine dining destinations. A restaurant consistently topping year-end “Best Of” lists, Carnevor has been lauded for its variety of culinary tastes – from our luscious barrel-cut beef to mouthwatering New York Strips and bone-in fillets. Our steak menu offers exquisite wet- and dry-aged USDA prime beef – a distinction afforded to less than two percent of all American beef – as well as daily selections of the coveted Kobe, imported from Japan to guarantee the most succulent and tender waygu. And with a wine list featuring more than 400 selections, you’ll always find the perfect bottle to uncork with your meal. But it’s not merely the “meal” you’ll enjoy at Carnevor. It’s the entire experience: service, music, menu, and more. To top it all, herbivores are always welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Carnevor - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Carnevor reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)romantic (75)notable wine list (58)fit for foodies (56)hot spot (38)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Customer ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was amazing. Our waiter was perfect. He was always there to refill our drinks and check on us at the perfect time. Ourbfood was delicious and because it was our anniversary, they gave us desert on the house. I am already craving the amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I brought my wife here for her birthday. Service was fantastic. Appetizers were excellent, crab cake, and shrimp cocktail. I had the bone in ribeye with Oscar sauce and brussel sprouts they were terrific. My wife had the petite fillet with vegetables and potatoes. She said she liked my ribeye much better than her fillet, but everything else was great. For her birthday they gave us some of their freshly made donuts with sauces a great ending to an excellent meal! It was a little noisy at our table because of the bar area and 2 large groups around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best so farkwillVIPDined on 9/27/2014Third time dining here...and it was the best so far. All steak was done great. Server was attentive and knowledgable. And the doughnut desert is top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the hosts ruin your expRobinBVIPDined on 9/20/2014The greeting staff were not very friendly and made us feel unwelcome. Asked me my name to verify I had a reservation several times (I did). Once finally seated , our table was in a high traffic area and wobbly but once the waitress came , all was forgotten. The service and food was impeccable. Steaks were flavorful and perfectly cooked. The Brussels sprouts are to die for. Great wine list. All in all, once we got past the first impression, it was an amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!BirthdayDiner01Dined on 9/20/2014We went here for my birthday as a group of five. Our steaks were outstanding and the staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable about their wine list and the bartender helped my husband choose a fantastic scotch that is now his favorite! Also, we had a vegetarian with us and expected to just get sides of veffies for her. Instead, the chef created a fantastic pasta dish for her and we all enjoyed our meals. I would highly recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Joe was an AMAZING server. He really took his time explaining the menu and making recommendations and explaining the food choices impeccably!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!25goodfoodDined on 9/17/2014I've never had a better meal anywhere that can compare to here, And I eat out a lot! The wait staff is also very well trained. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice for special occasionMomandnurseMilwaukeeVIPDined on 9/16/2014Let the restaurant know that you are celebrating and they will do their best to make it a memorable night.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Loved! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. I had told the restaurant when booking the reservation that my husband and I were on our honeymoon and they made a menu personalized just for us! Our waiter took such good care of us and even have us dessert on the house for us celebrating. The food was incredible! Everything was cooked just right. I would certainly recommend to anyone in the Milwaukee area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceSMCchic2005Dined on 9/13/2014My friends and I wanted a special night out while we were in Milwaukee and we found it!! This place was amazing. The food was to die for, the service was outstanding, and the drinks were delicious. It was pricey, but all of us agreed it was completely worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding steakHawksFan12VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Milwaukee and we read Carnevor was the steak place to go. Couldn't agree more, the food was outstanding and our server was very good, attentive without being "hovering" and spaced out the courses perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Outstanding service wait staff very attentive. Expensive though with ale carte menu and extremely loud due to size of eating area and located upstairs but steak was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steak!!!RJM0VIPDined on 9/12/2014Carnevor's bone in ribeye was easily one of the top 3 steak I've ever had. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Steak 101OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Out of three steaks, two were rare instead of medium rare. One bone-in filet was sent back twice, one bone-in ribeye was rare instead of medium rare..all three steaks were NOT hot. All thee steaks had little or no flavor. All the sides were plentiful and tastey.
- Excellent Experience!!!ketchupsoupVIPDined on 8/30/2014Being in the Steakhouse business in Chicago for many years, its great to experience new places. This place was great! The staff was attentive and engaging without being obtrusive. The ambiance, the food was fantastic! And William our server made our experience absolutely perfect! I cant wait to visit again!!! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyAllieCDined on 8/23/2014The food was great, both my boyfriend and I had petit fillets and loved them-- some of the best meat I've ever had. We ordered the mac n cheese to start; I'd had it previously and remembered it being wonderful. This time around both my boyfriend and I found it quite salty... Enjoyable nonetheless though. Our meat and side dishes were also on the salty side. It worked for the meat, but would have preferred less on the veggies because it drowned out the delicious flavor. I will definitely be eating there again. The wait staff was courteous, our waters never got below halfway before they were refilled, and our drinks were top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceRestFanDined on 8/23/2014We dined at Carnevor when we were in Milwaukee. The food and overall experience was great. The seafood platter appetizer (shrimp, crab, oysters, mussels) was fresh and delicious. We had steaks and scallops for entrees and they were cooked perfectly, great presentation and taste. We also enjoyed the lobster mashed potatoes. I would say this restaurant is upscale yet comfortable. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak par excellence!MickeyHerbVIPDined on 8/20/2014You go to Carnevor for fabulous steaks and to see the Milwaukee Brewer players and staff. Expensive but worth for a special occasion. Menu is a la carte but the "sides" are huge.Special Features:
- PerfectionCKL77Dined on 8/16/2014The food was incredible. The steak was done to perfection the lobster was soft and cooked better than some of the seafood places I have been to. I'm normally a medium person, chose to get medium rare, the steak was so tender it cut like butter and melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of CelebrationdalebDined on 8/16/2014Chose this downtown restaurant for it's food, but was pleasantly surprised with the added touches and super friendly service. Menus came with a Happy Anniversary note on each. Coomplimentary desserts and great attention to details. Made the evening special for us and our out of town adult children (California & Minnesota) were ablle to participate with sending champagne, selecting desserts and a special steak knife sent to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesLuv2EatDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I dined at Carnevor for our anniversary, and the restaurant truly lived up to its tremendous reputation. The food was great. The service was outstanding; and the atmosphere truly enduced the romantic experience that was sought after. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed Wont returnRestlessDined on 8/9/2014We drove down from Beaver Dam, WI. thinking we would have a nice dinner and wander around downtown. We were really disappointed! The food was just ok...I ordered a bone in Rib eye, medium Rare...it came cold and Rare, while at 1st glance it appeared to be done,(it is VERY Dark inside) after further cutting it was just to rare for me to even eat, the waiter never came back to the table until it was time for the check. My husband ordered the bone in tenderloin. we also had calamari which was excellent, the asparagus and twice baked potatoes were also great! but we have had better steaks. my husband and I both agreed it was overpriced and that the food was better at Korpers 5 o'clock. We will NOT return here. We even dined earlySpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperiencePBndJDined on 8/6/2014When I made the reservation, I put "It's Pam's Birthday" in the notes. To my delight, when we opened our menus it said "Happy Birthday Pam". That was just the start of the excellent service we received. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend CarnevoreSpecial Features:
- Be a caveman!JConleyDined on 8/6/2014Great service from Joel, he is the best! The steaks are phenomenal and cooked perfect. But don't forget dessert the deconstructed s'more is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Good, Service LackingCatfanVIPDined on 8/2/2014We asked for a quiet table in our Open Table reservation for 9:15 on a Sat night. When we arrived at 9, they tried to seat us at the very first table when you walk in the restaurant (which is also right beside the bar). When I asked if they had a better table available, she moved us back 3 tables, right beside the restrooms and beside a table with a Bachelorette party - not exactly the quiet, romantic, upscale restaurant experience we were hoping for. Our waiter took forever to come to our table - although, he did apologize and gave us a free dessert because of it. The food was very good - as we would expect at that price level. This was the first non-Dining Week visit for us and our last - lots of good steaks in MKE with better service.Special Features:
- Can't say enoughPRbydDined on 8/2/2014The steak was perfect and the scallops the most tender we have ever had. The waiter was exceptional and made sure that EVERYTHING was exactly as we wished. Anxious to return.Special Features:
- Best service and Best foodfoodies4lifeDined on 7/28/2014Some of the best service I've ever had going out to eat with the best steak I've ever eaten. Took my husband out for his birthday and was very satisfied with the evening. Some of the other diners we a bit too loud but that can't be helped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelVIPDined on 7/26/2014The steak from the owners farm was all fat...couldn't eat it. At our table we also had a filet was was great...as usual. I usually love this restaurant and they did remove the bad steak from our bill. I will be back...
- Sometimes the magic worksOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Cannot overstate what a great meal we had at Carnevor! Food was delicious - one of the best steaks I've ever had (at the price, it better have been). Nice wine at a reasonable prices for such an upscale place. The best part was our waiter, William, who was a real pro and took obvious pride in making things work right. He just had the knack for knowing when this was taking too long or that might be rushing things. Wow, it makes a difference when you're shelling out big bucks to have such perfect service! I don't know why I would ever return to Milwaukee, but if I do, dinner is a no-brainer.Special Features:
- bubbaDined on 7/23/2014In making the reservations I mentioned we were celebrating an engagement - opening the menu it was printed "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT " and the complentary desert was fabulous - still talking about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in MKETuckervickeryDined on 7/12/2014Simply the best restaurant in Milwaukee. Great food and great service.Special Features:
- Best Steak in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014For my money, Carnevor has the best steak in town. I have eaten here 4 times and everything has been phenomenal each time. I'd highly recommend the truffled mashed potatoes as a side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ CarnevorRtinocVIPDined on 7/12/2014WE went there for dinner, very busy place. There are a couple of levels so it does not feel crowded. Steaks were fantastic and so were the 2 sauces we tried them with. Wine list is pretty extensive. Service was excellent. It was a great night out!!!!Special Features:
- CarnevorMilwdinersDined on 7/12/2014The evening was very well done. It is a very dark atmosphere and a flashlight was requested for older guest. We were only second reservation of night and we were literally sitting on top of other customers. A little spacing would have been more comfortable. Overall food more than compensated! Excellent meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Dinner SpotUWTJ04Dined on 7/11/2014Carnevor is our favorite restaurant to go for our anniversary every year. We love the atmosphere, the service, and everything on the menu. You can't go wrong, honestly! I was so full the next day I did not eat until dinner! I am pregnant and could not enjoy my usual few glasses of their awesome wine, but the bartender was able to make me a virgin mojito that was stellar, completing my dining experience. They were very accommodating on checking on a few things due to my pregnancy and things I needed to avoid like unpasteurized cheese, and it was an amazing experience as usual that made our night very special.Special Features:
- 31st AnniversarydondeDined on 7/8/2014The whole night was a great experience. It is pricey but you get what you pay for. Food and service was Fantastic! Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good overall0938Dined on 6/28/2014This may be the best steak house in Milwaukee, but I wouldn't say I was overly impressed. IMHO I find their pricing to be about 20-30% more than what they should be charging. This is not BTW a classy or romantic setting; pretty loud, more nightclub/lounge ambiance than a fine dining experience. We were well taken care of, and I was not upset at by any of the food, but simply put, my mind was not blown. The only stellar dish was the Creme Brulee, which was the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Paid 4 outstanding; only got goodBrookfieldCoupleDined on 6/28/2014I've eaten at Carnevor several times and they are usually outstanding. This time I left feeling like I overpaid. - The cream corn had too much of some kind of herb; probably an accident. - The exotic mushrooms were a bit on the dry side, but still very good. - The first bite of my med-rare fillet was a bit charred, but the rest of the steak was fine. - Lobster mac & cheese was excellent. - The fries were fries. - The service was good, but there was a time out waiter was caught up in conversations at the bar causing a longer than normal wait once we were done eating. Wasn't horrible, but there was an unmistakable feeling of being de-prioritized. The first guy that waited on us was great, though.Special Features:
- Vegas style steakhouse in MilwaukeeJzazDined on 6/26/2014Dinner was awesome, wine and beer selection was pretty good, service was excellent, even the valet service good. The food isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. The ribeye was cooked perfectly and the wife said whatever seasoning they used on her lobster tail made it the best lobster she has ever had. We will definitely be going back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and foodFoodie411Dined on 6/24/2014Stan always gives world class service. He really transforms a good resturant into a great experience. The steaks, seafood, sides and desserts are all chef quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.