724 N Milwaukee St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carnevor.com/
- Phone: 4142232200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jarvis Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Carnevor
Milwaukee's premier steakhouse, Carnevor is one of Wisconsin’s most acclaimed fine dining destinations. A restaurant consistently topping year-end “Best Of” lists, Carnevor has been lauded for its variety of culinary tastes – from our luscious barrel-cut beef to mouthwatering New York Strips and bone-in fillets. Our steak menu offers exquisite wet- and dry-aged USDA prime beef – a distinction afforded to less than two percent of all American beef – as well as daily selections of the coveted Kobe, imported from Japan to guarantee the most succulent and tender waygu. And with a wine list featuring more than 400 selections, you’ll always find the perfect bottle to uncork with your meal. But it’s not merely the “meal” you’ll enjoy at Carnevor. It’s the entire experience: service, music, menu, and more. To top it all, herbivores are always welcome.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Carnevor - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Carnevor reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (75)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (46)hot spot (36)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (1)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I loved the service and the Herb Chicken was so tender and decadent....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steaks, but I've had BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Had dinner at Carnevor tonight. Our group of 3 arrived about 15 minutes before our reservation and, despite visually noticing several open tables, we were told that our table was not ready yet and were asked to wait in the bar. There really was not any place for waiting guests to sit while waiting to be seated other than at the bar, which was full. Once we were seated, our waiter greeted us about 15 minutes later (a bit long in my opinion) and took our drink orders. He did a nice job describing the specials and answering our questions. Long story short -- I had a dry aged bone in ribeye ($72.00), and was less than thrilled. I found the meat to be very fatty (more than I would expect from a USDA prime cut of beef). Won't be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food, wine list, service and ambiance were all fabulous.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 10/18/2014Our server, Tim, was very attentive and food excellent. All steaks prepared exactly as requested.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was amazing! Wouldn't have to think twice about coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindSCSRVIPDined on 10/17/2014My favorite place in MKW. Everything I tasted was amazing and the service was impeccable. Even the owner came over to check on me.Special Features:
- aeesoneMikeDined on 10/17/2014just like every other visit, Carnevor was awesome. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnevor Doesn't Disappointjeff69Dined on 10/11/2014We go to Carnevor for our Anniversary and my wife's birthdays and it is always excellent. Great cocktails, appetizers and dinner. Service is great. It is expensive but we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Always good!AnonymousDined on 10/10/2014We have been to Carnevor about 4-5 times. The filets are always excellent, the service is always friendly and professional. Lots of choices for side dishes. The atmospher is energetic meaning people are up-beat having a good time and a great meal. Valet parking for $5 is very helpful!Special Features:
- Best steakKelkelDined on 10/10/2014We ate here before a show at the Pabst, as it is just a few blocks. The steaks were amazing. The pork ravioli were also very good. Also got the donuts, loved the berry compote. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Great food but too noisy; crampedMKErestaurantpatronDined on 10/3/2014Was there on a Friday night for a later dinner. We were seated on the 3rd level with a low ceiling. There was a large workplace group nearby and it was loud. Also, people dressed way too casual. Wish more would have respect for the restaurant and other patrons and at least go business-casual to a fine-dining establishment. Drinks and food were excellent and the service was good. Wait staff could have been a bit more social. Very little space between tables. I was wedged into my chair up against a wall. For the prices Carnevor charges, I deserve a great experience. Probably won't go back for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014We had reservations for 5, and they showed we had for 4. We were unable to get our table for 5 for about 45 minutes after reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceSarahabcDined on 9/30/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and it was amazing. Our waiter was perfect. He was always there to refill our drinks and check on us at the perfect time. Ourbfood was delicious and because it was our anniversary, they gave us desert on the house. I am already craving the amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but too loudBT51417Dined on 9/30/2014We love the good but it's too noisy work all the big business groups. Jimmy who brought us our food was great, he made our night!! Our waitress was ok, I didn't need to be told about the muscle and tissue I was going to eat or how steaks are cooked when ours were both undercooked. Our waitor was not nice and shouldn't work in customer service. Drinks weren't all that good either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restauranttxgirlDined on 9/29/2014Great food and wonderful, friendly service. Loved the decor! The staff was very knowledgeable about the food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!LovebirdsDined on 9/27/2014Perfect for our 5 year anniversary! Excellent food! We were very impressed with the personalized menu! Overall it was an amazing experience! We are hoping to make it back every year for our anniversary! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionwantedspecialtreatDined on 9/27/2014I brought my wife here for her birthday. Service was fantastic. Appetizers were excellent, crab cake, and shrimp cocktail. I had the bone in ribeye with Oscar sauce and brussel sprouts they were terrific. My wife had the petite fillet with vegetables and potatoes. She said she liked my ribeye much better than her fillet, but everything else was great. For her birthday they gave us some of their freshly made donuts with sauces a great ending to an excellent meal! It was a little noisy at our table because of the bar area and 2 large groups around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best so farkwillVIPDined on 9/27/2014Third time dining here...and it was the best so far. All steak was done great. Server was attentive and knowledgable. And the doughnut desert is top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,poor service no follow upGWizzDined on 9/26/2014Steak here was pretty good.Dry and wet aged options, unique steak sauces. Fantastic truffle potatoes.Our server however was less than adequate. When I asked for a wine recommendation to pair well with my steak and chosen sauce, he simply asked me what I like. asked for a sauce recommendation, he simply said they were all good. I enjoy trying new things! I was surprised he had nothing to recommend! He took our menu after ordering and returned only once to check on us after the food was delivered. He checked the tables next to us many times, walking right past us.Took my wine glass still with a sip left, never asked if I wanted more. Spoke with a manager the following week and said he would definitely follow up, but never did.I won't go againSpecial Features:
- Don't let the hosts ruin your expRobinBVIPDined on 9/20/2014The greeting staff were not very friendly and made us feel unwelcome. Asked me my name to verify I had a reservation several times (I did). Once finally seated , our table was in a high traffic area and wobbly but once the waitress came , all was forgotten. The service and food was impeccable. Steaks were flavorful and perfectly cooked. The Brussels sprouts are to die for. Great wine list. All in all, once we got past the first impression, it was an amazing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner!BirthdayDiner01Dined on 9/20/2014We went here for my birthday as a group of five. Our steaks were outstanding and the staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable about their wine list and the bartender helped my husband choose a fantastic scotch that is now his favorite! Also, we had a vegetarian with us and expected to just get sides of veffies for her. Instead, the chef created a fantastic pasta dish for her and we all enjoyed our meals. I would highly recommend for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Joe was an AMAZING server. He really took his time explaining the menu and making recommendations and explaining the food choices impeccably!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go!25goodfoodDined on 9/17/2014I've never had a better meal anywhere that can compare to here, And I eat out a lot! The wait staff is also very well trained. Very impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First choice for special occasionMomandnurseMilwaukeeVIPDined on 9/16/2014Let the restaurant know that you are celebrating and they will do their best to make it a memorable night.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2014Loved! From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. I had told the restaurant when booking the reservation that my husband and I were on our honeymoon and they made a menu personalized just for us! Our waiter took such good care of us and even have us dessert on the house for us celebrating. The food was incredible! Everything was cooked just right. I would certainly recommend to anyone in the Milwaukee area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceSMCchic2005Dined on 9/13/2014My friends and I wanted a special night out while we were in Milwaukee and we found it!! This place was amazing. The food was to die for, the service was outstanding, and the drinks were delicious. It was pricey, but all of us agreed it was completely worth it.Special Features:
- Outstanding steakHawksFan12VIPDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Milwaukee and we read Carnevor was the steak place to go. Couldn't agree more, the food was outstanding and our server was very good, attentive without being "hovering" and spaced out the courses perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in MilwaukeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Outstanding service wait staff very attentive. Expensive though with ale carte menu and extremely loud due to size of eating area and located upstairs but steak was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Steak!!!RJM0VIPDined on 9/12/2014Carnevor's bone in ribeye was easily one of the top 3 steak I've ever had. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Steak 101OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Out of three steaks, two were rare instead of medium rare. One bone-in filet was sent back twice, one bone-in ribeye was rare instead of medium rare..all three steaks were NOT hot. All thee steaks had little or no flavor. All the sides were plentiful and tastey.
- Excellent Experience!!!ketchupsoupVIPDined on 8/30/2014Being in the Steakhouse business in Chicago for many years, its great to experience new places. This place was great! The staff was attentive and engaging without being obtrusive. The ambiance, the food was fantastic! And William our server made our experience absolutely perfect! I cant wait to visit again!!! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FancyAllieCDined on 8/23/2014The food was great, both my boyfriend and I had petit fillets and loved them-- some of the best meat I've ever had. We ordered the mac n cheese to start; I'd had it previously and remembered it being wonderful. This time around both my boyfriend and I found it quite salty... Enjoyable nonetheless though. Our meat and side dishes were also on the salty side. It worked for the meat, but would have preferred less on the veggies because it drowned out the delicious flavor. I will definitely be eating there again. The wait staff was courteous, our waters never got below halfway before they were refilled, and our drinks were top-notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceRestFanDined on 8/23/2014We dined at Carnevor when we were in Milwaukee. The food and overall experience was great. The seafood platter appetizer (shrimp, crab, oysters, mussels) was fresh and delicious. We had steaks and scallops for entrees and they were cooked perfectly, great presentation and taste. We also enjoyed the lobster mashed potatoes. I would say this restaurant is upscale yet comfortable. Service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak par excellence!MickeyHerbVIPDined on 8/20/2014You go to Carnevor for fabulous steaks and to see the Milwaukee Brewer players and staff. Expensive but worth for a special occasion. Menu is a la carte but the "sides" are huge.Special Features:
- PerfectionCKL77Dined on 8/16/2014The food was incredible. The steak was done to perfection the lobster was soft and cooked better than some of the seafood places I have been to. I'm normally a medium person, chose to get medium rare, the steak was so tender it cut like butter and melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of CelebrationdalebDined on 8/16/2014Chose this downtown restaurant for it's food, but was pleasantly surprised with the added touches and super friendly service. Menus came with a Happy Anniversary note on each. Coomplimentary desserts and great attention to details. Made the evening special for us and our out of town adult children (California & Minnesota) were ablle to participate with sending champagne, selecting desserts and a special steak knife sent to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemoriesLuv2EatDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I dined at Carnevor for our anniversary, and the restaurant truly lived up to its tremendous reputation. The food was great. The service was outstanding; and the atmosphere truly enduced the romantic experience that was sought after. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed Wont returnRestlessDined on 8/9/2014We drove down from Beaver Dam, WI. thinking we would have a nice dinner and wander around downtown. We were really disappointed! The food was just ok...I ordered a bone in Rib eye, medium Rare...it came cold and Rare, while at 1st glance it appeared to be done,(it is VERY Dark inside) after further cutting it was just to rare for me to even eat, the waiter never came back to the table until it was time for the check. My husband ordered the bone in tenderloin. we also had calamari which was excellent, the asparagus and twice baked potatoes were also great! but we have had better steaks. my husband and I both agreed it was overpriced and that the food was better at Korpers 5 o'clock. We will NOT return here. We even dined earlySpecial Features:
- Excellent ExperiencePBndJDined on 8/6/2014When I made the reservation, I put "It's Pam's Birthday" in the notes. To my delight, when we opened our menus it said "Happy Birthday Pam". That was just the start of the excellent service we received. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend CarnevoreSpecial Features:
- Be a caveman!JConleyDined on 8/6/2014Great service from Joel, he is the best! The steaks are phenomenal and cooked perfect. But don't forget dessert the deconstructed s'more is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.