CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Palazzo Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carnevino.com/
- Phone: 7027894141
- Hours of Operation:
Taverna: 12 noon - Midnight Pre-Theater: 5 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner Seating: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining room or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ocain 7022669971
- Special Events: Please call Rachel Ocain at (702)266-9971
A word from CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel - Best Restaurants in The Venetian and Palazzo ›
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (163)special occasion (153)fit for foodies (146)romantic (101)good for groups (73)hot spot (35)late-night find (12)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Underwhelming valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2014The grilled Octopus appetizer with unbelievably good. We could have just ordered 5 plates of that it was so good. The fresh bread with butter and lard was also very good. The challenge for me was the Porterhouse for two. Sorry, but that steak is just too small for the $80 per person price tag. I have ordered a Porterhouse for two at several comparable steakhouses and gotten something much better and larger. Overall, I would certainly recommend everything else including a great wine list. The steak simply failed to be a star.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Undercooked meal, incorrect or missing meals, overpriced, and very noisy were only a few terms that come to mind. The restaurant was very busy and expansive which was a sign of its popularity, but we had difficulty getting timely and accurate service. Since this was a business dinner for important client the experience reflected badly on me.
- Delicious but $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We had a great meal, but everything is very pricey, but then again that's Vegas for you. $150 for a steak for 2 is crazy, but it was very flavorful and nice presentation and table side carving. Gets a little ridiculous that even when you spend $150 for a steak that every side and salad is a la carte. Plan for about $100/person, drinks not included. Great experience, but probably would not return.Special Features:
- Absolute perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The best dinning experience ever! Great atmosphere, Excellent staff, and Phenomenal meal!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The octopus appetizer was tender and savory. The porterhouse steak for two had amazing flavor. I highly recommend the peanut butter and chocolate dessert. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMamaSchermDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful, the servers were attentive and fun to talk to. They recommended some fantastic items and certainly took great care I us. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer, it is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KingeshmanDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter and bartenders were fantastic. Food was amazing, and the Wine list is excellent.Special Features:
- Corks = Octopus magic!AmpLadyDined on 10/24/2014Who knew that simple wine corks could make octopus so tender? One of the best dishes I ever had. And the steaks were great too. Overall outstanding service. Hope to be back soon!!Special Features:
- Awesome Place to DineEdNic1Dined on 10/23/2014This dining place inside Palazzo was a top notch! Very professional waiting and service staff. Fantastic and authentic food and very delicious. It is the very definition of Fine Dining, CarneVino (Meat and Wine).Special Features:
- Pricey but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We were a little shocked at the prices, but when you win a little bit in gambling, it's fun to blow it on something you normally wouldn't. Our waiter was great and very personable. The food wasn't the most fantastic that I've ever had, but it was still a great dining experience. The chocolate peanut butter dessert was incredible!Special Features:
- Not impressedCajunfoode1Dined on 10/22/2014Entrees were luke warm. Steak they recommended was like eating a cured ham. Sides were so so. Didn't live up to hype. Won't be back.
- LobsterhutLobsterhutDined on 10/22/2014This is an amazing restaurant. There is nothing I can say negative about it. World class if you don't like it then you need to go to fast casual restaurants. The ribeye was amazing the wine was spectacular and the service was noting short of spot on. I would return over and over again.Special Features:
- Memorable dining experienceSerendipityGalDined on 10/20/2014The service, food, & ambience was the full package. It was the first trip to Las Vegas for my mid 20's age son and we were looking for fine dining with a great atmosphere. CarneVino had it all and it did not feel like a casino restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food and servicevinnyDined on 10/20/2014Loved the food. Had freed squid and veal scallopini.squid was tender and tasty. Veal was perfectly cooked. Great service too, would highly recommend. Was my second visit, not disappointingSpecial Features:
- First time for Las VegasWillieDined on 10/19/2014We had dinner before a show with friends who have never been to Las Vegas, they had a great meal and enjoy the restaurant, really enjoyed the steak and the table side carving, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSipperDined on 10/18/2014Upscale dinning, wonderful food and wine menu. Service was 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Table For Party of 6BobSDined on 10/17/2014We were 3 couples on a Friday afternoon thinking about where to have dinner. Through OpenTable we looked for options and a reservation availability popped up for 7:00pm at CarneVino. We were seated right on time at a perfect private table behind a red curtain on your right just as you enter the restaurant. The service and food was outstanding, my wife and I split the Ribeye for 2 which was cut table side. The price was as you would expect for a high-end Vegas Restaurant . . .and its worth every penny.Special Features:
- Expected moreRmurphDined on 10/16/2014Considering this is a Batali and Bastianich restaurant, we had high hopes that weren't really met. It was an average steak restaurant. The food was fine and the service was good but considering it was Batali and Bastianich, I expected creative plating, exceptional taste and amazing tasting food. My hopes were far higher than my experience. If you are a major steak lover, this will probably be a great place for you. If you're looking for variety and uniqueness, it's not.Special Features:
- Annoying Grunge MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014On Oct 16the we dined at Carnevino for my 50th birthday. We've dined at Mario Batali's restaurants in New York and have followed him for years on the Food Network. The meal and service was up to the standard we expected and consistent with our experiences in NY. We were seated in the smaller room off the main dining area where the wine bottles are encased in glass. The room was more intimate than the larger dining room but that was overshadowed by the background Nirvana music that played the entire time. I asked the waiter about it and he told us that Mario picks the music and they're told to play it. I find this hard to believe as it left a very unfavourable impression with us. Enough to write this review.Special Features:
- Great ambianceMpalDined on 10/15/2014Service, setting and food were outstanding! Used for hosting a client dinner. Highly recommend and will return when in Vegas!
- Overall - ARandyJDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Measuring wine pour at the table was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedStanfordDined on 10/12/2014Steaks were poor quality and way over priced. Excellent service.Special Features:
- great taste spectacular servicewineNdineDined on 10/11/2014Everyone here was extremely knowledgeable and genuinely was interested in providing exceptional service to pair with the delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!KfromOKCDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have now had dinner there at least 8 times. Steak Tar-Tar is not an appetizer...it is a meal in it self! Fantastic! My wife and I decided not to sit at a table, rather, we sat at the bar and ate. Actually, over the years, everything we've had has been wonderful. Always loved that setting. Great service by bar guys. Best steak house in Vegas...Baby!!! Mario...wherever you are...you did good training the crew!!! Maybe one day we'll meet! Until then...Go Thunder!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great Steak...Huge Price Tag!LLJ56Dined on 10/11/2014A friend of mine is going to Vegas next week and asked for some restaurant recommendations....I did not give her CarneVino...as a matter of fact...I forgot I ate there. The service was great, the pasta good, the steak was wonderful, but in a town of great steak houses, this just wasn't memorable. Maybe the price killed it...we did get a $180 bottle of wine, but the total was $550 for 2 people and we split the salad and pasta. I prefer Craft Steak at the MGM.Special Features:
- AwfulZettaDined on 10/10/2014Subpar at best. The noise level was so loud the waiter had to scream to be heard. We Asked to be moved to another part of the restaurant only to be put an area that was freezing from the a/c. The side dishes arrived at our table cold. The veal scallopine tasted like liver. Waiter was defensive. Asst gen mgr reduced the guest check, but that was not the point. Definitely will not be returning here!!!!
- Huge build up. Disappointing steak.HoneymoonerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Appetizers (octopus, arugula salad, beef crudo) were expertly prepared. Beef cheek ravioli was to die for. Porterhouse was average. Not overly big or flavorful. Lamb chops were huge but zero flavor and very fatty at the bone. Sides of onions, mashed potatoes, and horseradish were also lacking flavor. Wine was very nice but expensive as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Datesfood4musiciansDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate our Birthdays and Anniversary. It was quite an enjoyable experience. We were never in want of anything and the food was great. I did have to send my steak back, but it was quickly fixed. The roasted cauliflower with lemon segments was the best thing we ordered! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff at TableFrederickDined on 10/7/2014Our meal selections were constantly being second guested by the waiter. We would choose a bottle of wine and he would suggest a higher priced one that he thought was appropriate for the meal. Our selection of appetizers was answered with "I would suggest 2 for the table for sharing. My colleague selected a pasta dish for his entre and the waiter said "the portions are small so I would sugggest you add a second entree" This up selling became so annoying that we finally had to tell him to stop as it continued through desert and coffee.
- Excellent Mashed PotatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014The food at Carne Vino was pretty good, but it was the Mashed potatoes that made everything worth while. I'd just go back for the mashed potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food hurt by bad service.Foodie78Dined on 10/4/2014Food flavor was great. Service was slow. Waiter forgot or order our Brussels Sprouts and Steak sauce asked twice finally arrived after we finished. Asked for a birthday recognition when making reservations and when we arrived. Got nothing. Table next to us had their birthday recognized. Disappointing experience for such high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Great food service best steak ever!!! Try octopus appetizer great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okHappyoneDined on 10/4/2014Server brought out the wrong entree dish, sat it down, another server said since it's already on the table have it. So we took a bite of it. Then one minute later after having 2 bites, our waiter came and took it away from us! Strange. The other two entrees were correct. He didn't write down our food order, but we only ordered 6 dishes total. He was flustered and later in the night they brought out one of the same dishes we did order twice. The pasta was just OK, Short rip Pasta was in a red sauce and just Ok . The aged beef tortellini tasted like hot roman soup with very little flavor. The Gnocchi was nice! The waiter was nice but seemed flustered by it. The bellinis were great, but the food situation should have been handled better.Special Features:
- Amazing...as usualWineDivaDined on 10/3/2014Our dinner was planned for a quick girls weekend, and the aged bone in ribeye did not disappoint. One of the girls had never eaten there before and she could not get over how good the steak tasted. Mario you really do a spectacular job with the steaks.Special Features:
- SteakNoelCVIPDined on 10/3/2014Had big eye tuna & egg Raviolo with brown butter and shaved white truffles. Enjoyed the rib eye for 2, one of the best steaks ever, table side carving and the best butter texture ever. Finished up with the peanut butter and chocolate candy bar. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChairmanDined on 10/1/2014We had an outstanding dinner at Carnevino. Second time back and just as enjoyable as our first time. THe rib eye steak for two was delicious, the table side presentation was special and would recommend to anyone. Such a great menu was hard to decide on which sides / sauces to order. Our waiter was excellent and very friendly. From start to finish, our meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit - wish it was more chillCliqueDined on 10/1/2014Took 6 friends for special dinner and seated in great semi private table, which I loved. However, main waiter was in huge rush. Had to state, in calm and fun fashion that he needed to let us enjoy experience. Food was great - pasta best - but way too much food for us. Vegas is great food environment but wished we'd been able to chill a bit more. First time was romantic and nice with hubby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceYummVIPDined on 9/30/2014The steak was good. A bit plain on the plate. Perfect R+. Sous vide cooking got our steak to the table in record time. My veal could have used a little more sauce. My only problem was with the wine list. On the wines I checked it was around 3.4 times retail pricing.
- Great stuffSteveBVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great wine selection, by the glass also. Food was excellent, every course. Service very attentive. Must return.Special Features:
- Not good and way too expensivel0vg00dr3st28rntsDined on 9/30/2014The portions were extremely small and while the salad and the side dishes were good they, like the entrée were no where near worth the charge. The entrée, a porterhouse steak, was horrible and inedible. Medium at the restaurant is apparently extremely rare. The restaurant attempted to cook the steak a little more to fix the situation but it was a total flop.