CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Palazzo Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carnevino.com/
- Phone: 7027894141
- Hours of Operation:
Taverna: 12 noon - Midnight Pre-Theater: 5 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner Seating: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining room or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ocain 7022669971
- Special Events: Please call Rachel Ocain at (702)266-9971
A word from CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel - Best Restaurants in The Venetian and Palazzo ›
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (156)special occasion (143)fit for foodies (137)romantic (92)good for groups (73)hot spot (29)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great foodSipperDined on 10/18/2014Upscale dinning, wonderful food and wine menu. Service was 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Table For Party of 6BobSDined on 10/17/2014We were 3 couples on a Friday afternoon thinking about where to have dinner. Through OpenTable we looked for options and a reservation availability popped up for 7:00pm at CarneVino. We were seated right on time at a perfect private table behind a red curtain on your right just as you enter the restaurant. The service and food was outstanding, my wife and I split the Ribeye for 2 which was cut table side. The price was as you would expect for a high-end Vegas Restaurant . . .and its worth every penny.Special Features:
- Expected moreRmurphDined on 10/16/2014Considering this is a Batali and Bastianich restaurant, we had high hopes that weren't really met. It was an average steak restaurant. The food was fine and the service was good but considering it was Batali and Bastianich, I expected creative plating, exceptional taste and amazing tasting food. My hopes were far higher than my experience. If you are a major steak lover, this will probably be a great place for you. If you're looking for variety and uniqueness, it's not.Special Features:
- Annoying Grunge MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014On Oct 16the we dined at Carnevino for my 50th birthday. We've dined at Mario Batali's restaurants in New York and have followed him for years on the Food Network. The meal and service was up to the standard we expected and consistent with our experiences in NY. We were seated in the smaller room off the main dining area where the wine bottles are encased in glass. The room was more intimate than the larger dining room but that was overshadowed by the background Nirvana music that played the entire time. I asked the waiter about it and he told us that Mario picks the music and they're told to play it. I find this hard to believe as it left a very unfavourable impression with us. Enough to write this review.Special Features:
- Great ambianceMpalDined on 10/15/2014Service, setting and food were outstanding! Used for hosting a client dinner. Highly recommend and will return when in Vegas!
- Overall - ARandyJDined on 10/12/2014Food was excellent. Service was great. Measuring wine pour at the table was the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedStanfordDined on 10/12/2014Steaks were poor quality and way over priced. Excellent service.Special Features:
- Great!!!KfromOKCDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I have now had dinner there at least 8 times. Steak Tar-Tar is not an appetizer...it is a meal in it self! Fantastic! My wife and I decided not to sit at a table, rather, we sat at the bar and ate. Actually, over the years, everything we've had has been wonderful. Always loved that setting. Great service by bar guys. Best steak house in Vegas...Baby!!! Mario...wherever you are...you did good training the crew!!! Maybe one day we'll meet! Until then...Go Thunder!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great Steak...Huge Price Tag!LLJ56Dined on 10/11/2014A friend of mine is going to Vegas next week and asked for some restaurant recommendations....I did not give her CarneVino...as a matter of fact...I forgot I ate there. The service was great, the pasta good, the steak was wonderful, but in a town of great steak houses, this just wasn't memorable. Maybe the price killed it...we did get a $180 bottle of wine, but the total was $550 for 2 people and we split the salad and pasta. I prefer Craft Steak at the MGM.Special Features:
- AwfulZettaDined on 10/10/2014Subpar at best. The noise level was so loud the waiter had to scream to be heard. We Asked to be moved to another part of the restaurant only to be put an area that was freezing from the a/c. The side dishes arrived at our table cold. The veal scallopine tasted like liver. Waiter was defensive. Asst gen mgr reduced the guest check, but that was not the point. Definitely will not be returning here!!!!
- Huge build up. Disappointing steak.HoneymoonerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Appetizers (octopus, arugula salad, beef crudo) were expertly prepared. Beef cheek ravioli was to die for. Porterhouse was average. Not overly big or flavorful. Lamb chops were huge but zero flavor and very fatty at the bone. Sides of onions, mashed potatoes, and horseradish were also lacking flavor. Wine was very nice but expensive as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Datesfood4musiciansDined on 10/8/2014My husband and I came here to celebrate our Birthdays and Anniversary. It was quite an enjoyable experience. We were never in want of anything and the food was great. I did have to send my steak back, but it was quickly fixed. The roasted cauliflower with lemon segments was the best thing we ordered! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff at TableFrederickDined on 10/7/2014Our meal selections were constantly being second guested by the waiter. We would choose a bottle of wine and he would suggest a higher priced one that he thought was appropriate for the meal. Our selection of appetizers was answered with "I would suggest 2 for the table for sharing. My colleague selected a pasta dish for his entre and the waiter said "the portions are small so I would sugggest you add a second entree" This up selling became so annoying that we finally had to tell him to stop as it continued through desert and coffee.
- Excellent Mashed PotatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014The food at Carne Vino was pretty good, but it was the Mashed potatoes that made everything worth while. I'd just go back for the mashed potatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food hurt by bad service.Foodie78Dined on 10/4/2014Food flavor was great. Service was slow. Waiter forgot or order our Brussels Sprouts and Steak sauce asked twice finally arrived after we finished. Asked for a birthday recognition when making reservations and when we arrived. Got nothing. Table next to us had their birthday recognized. Disappointing experience for such high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Great food service best steak ever!!! Try octopus appetizer great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okHappyoneDined on 10/4/2014Server brought out the wrong entree dish, sat it down, another server said since it's already on the table have it. So we took a bite of it. Then one minute later after having 2 bites, our waiter came and took it away from us! Strange. The other two entrees were correct. He didn't write down our food order, but we only ordered 6 dishes total. He was flustered and later in the night they brought out one of the same dishes we did order twice. The pasta was just OK, Short rip Pasta was in a red sauce and just Ok . The aged beef tortellini tasted like hot roman soup with very little flavor. The Gnocchi was nice! The waiter was nice but seemed flustered by it. The bellinis were great, but the food situation should have been handled better.Special Features:
- Amazing...as usualWineDivaDined on 10/3/2014Our dinner was planned for a quick girls weekend, and the aged bone in ribeye did not disappoint. One of the girls had never eaten there before and she could not get over how good the steak tasted. Mario you really do a spectacular job with the steaks.Special Features:
- SteakNoelCVIPDined on 10/3/2014Had big eye tuna & egg Raviolo with brown butter and shaved white truffles. Enjoyed the rib eye for 2, one of the best steaks ever, table side carving and the best butter texture ever. Finished up with the peanut butter and chocolate candy bar. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChairmanDined on 10/1/2014We had an outstanding dinner at Carnevino. Second time back and just as enjoyable as our first time. THe rib eye steak for two was delicious, the table side presentation was special and would recommend to anyone. Such a great menu was hard to decide on which sides / sauces to order. Our waiter was excellent and very friendly. From start to finish, our meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit - wish it was more chillCliqueDined on 10/1/2014Took 6 friends for special dinner and seated in great semi private table, which I loved. However, main waiter was in huge rush. Had to state, in calm and fun fashion that he needed to let us enjoy experience. Food was great - pasta best - but way too much food for us. Vegas is great food environment but wished we'd been able to chill a bit more. First time was romantic and nice with hubby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceYummVIPDined on 9/30/2014The steak was good. A bit plain on the plate. Perfect R+. Sous vide cooking got our steak to the table in record time. My veal could have used a little more sauce. My only problem was with the wine list. On the wines I checked it was around 3.4 times retail pricing.
- Great stuffSteveBVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great wine selection, by the glass also. Food was excellent, every course. Service very attentive. Must return.Special Features:
- Not good and way too expensivel0vg00dr3st28rntsDined on 9/30/2014The portions were extremely small and while the salad and the side dishes were good they, like the entrée were no where near worth the charge. The entrée, a porterhouse steak, was horrible and inedible. Medium at the restaurant is apparently extremely rare. The restaurant attempted to cook the steak a little more to fix the situation but it was a total flop.
- TommyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Overall food was very good, we had the bone in rib eye, tagliatelle with truffle and potatoes. However, the octopus that our server recommended was terrible. It was chewy and didn't smell good. Really liked the Italian amorone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overflow roompaullVIPDined on 9/27/2014i specifically booked a few weeks ahead to make sure our party of 4 would have a reservation . We were very disappointed to find that we had been shunned to an overflow room across the hallway from the main restaurant. this took had absolutely no ambiance at all and there was no apology or anything. Seems that this is an overflow room for when they are too busy. Given our reservation we should not have been put there. None of us would ever go back to any of their restaurants if this is the standard of service they feel is justified.
- Loving CarnevinoLocalpatronDined on 9/27/2014Great place for all fine dining needs. Steak..AAA+++ same for Lobster, wine and sides...going forward, will eat at Carnevino with every visit to Vegas.Special Features:
- Excellent foodie experienceBadgerDined on 9/25/2014Great food. Pricey but worth it considering what you get. Even though you won't have room for desert at the end I highly recommend the Chocolate Peanutbutter torte. INSANE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!luv2dineDined on 9/24/2014Every detail of our experience at CarneVino was incredible. Every dish of food out did the previous and was by far the best dining experience I have every had. The wine was impeccable and the service was amazing. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- Carnevino Steakhousesloejoe87Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent service as usual. The steaks are very large, so be ready to share or take home. They still taste great the next morning even when cold.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Initially poor service, but when we brought the lack of service to waiter's attention, he made a definite effort to compensate. The food was good,but did nt warrant the high prices.Special Features:
- Best 50th birthday ever!nifty50Dined on 9/21/2014This was by far the best way to celebrate my husbands 5th birthday. Everything was exceptional. Food was to die for, service was perfect, attention to detail was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and delicioustnkcpaVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was the best meal my husband and I ever ate. I will be talking about it for years. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and everyone on the staff was proper, but relaxed and very friendly! Price point is high, but worth every penny and we will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LasvegasDined on 9/20/2014A must each time I come to Vegas. The steaks the wine and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute dinner outdwlvDined on 9/20/2014We both enjoyed the the decor of the restaurant, providing a nice setting and light level. Our service was attentive, without being over-bearing. Most important - the food. Side dishes were very good, going with fried eggplant and mashed potatoes with guanciale. For entree, we went with the bone-in ribeye for two, which was fantastic. Per our servers recommendation on how the restaurant prepares their meat temperatures, ours turned out perfect for how we like (we like medium rare and it was recommended to order medium). The only thing of note was that at one point, there was a very distinguishable increase in music volume which seemed slightly high for the setting. Overall, a great dinner and a place we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- President and CEOLadyinBlueDined on 9/20/2014the whole experience was fantastic - our waiter was Diego and he was brilliant the food was so spectacular and the presentation was beautiful!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHumcapDined on 9/19/2014The whole dinner was a great experience. Right from the greeting from the hostess, to the wonderful food and the after dinner drinks. The waiter helped us with our food selections and did not steer us wrong. The white truffle pasta was out of this world. For our secondis we had veal scallopini and osso bucco. Both were well prepared and good sized meals. We felt that we were in Florence more than sitting in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Best meal in whole tripdave2757Dined on 9/19/2014We ate at a lot of celebrity chef restaurants this trip. Mario never disappoints. Short ribs and heirloom salad were outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- lamebigpoppaDined on 9/19/2014very disappointing dinner. decent apps but steaks were very average, very fatty and average flavor. pasta uninspired, ordered several pastas for the table and one order never showed up. service average. didnt fly to vegas to dine with friends on average food.
- Steak was bad, otherwise goodEvanVIPDined on 9/18/2014The scallops were spectacular, the pasta perfect. The steak--not so much. We ordered medium rare, got rubbery rare. To be fair our waiter hinted that the kitchen is clueless about temperatures, and we might consider medium if we wanted medium rare. But he was not definite on that, so we assumed that this elite "steakhouse" would get it right. We got it cold rare, so lesson learned. But beyond the bad temp, the steak was dull and flavorless--it wasn't worth sending back for more heat. But the rest of the dinner was outstanding as was the exceptional wine service by an astute sommelier with a strong command of Italian wines. The chef should stick to pasta; he doesn't know steak.