CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Palazzo Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carnevino.com/
- Phone: 7027894141
- Hours of Operation:
Taverna: 12 noon - Midnight Pre-Theater: 5 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner Seating: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining room or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ocain 7022669971
- Special Events: Please call Rachel Ocain at (702)266-9971
A word from CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel - Best Restaurants in The Venetian and Palazzo ›
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (155)special occasion (142)fit for foodies (135)romantic (92)good for groups (74)hot spot (29)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- food was cold. service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2008food was cold. service was ok. the appitizers were great. overall, not worth the money. Have been to much better restaurants before.
- Excellent Italian grill, withOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/2/2008Excellent Italian grill, with wonderful pasta and starters. Great, friendly and helpful service, too.Special Features:
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2008Great food, great service, wine list goes on forever. Pasta dishes are perfect. Veal saltimbocca the best on the planet. Chopped salad was great! It is a bit odd to have this high profile / high end restaurant shoved into a corner right off of the casino. It appears that the restaurant only has the two front rooms, but a trip to the restroom reveals the restaurant is actually enormous with two additional dining rooms hidden in the back. If you don't want the general noise coming from the casino floor ask to be seating in one of the back rooms.Special Features:
- My friends and I would notOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2008My friends and I would not recommend this restaurant. Kitchen was not accomodating. I cannot eat black pepper and the only item available to me was the steak without black pepper. Not sure if it was the kitchen or waiter being difficult. Everything was extremely salty.
- Perfect pasta dish, incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2008Perfect pasta dish, incredibly tender steak, perfectly cooked pork chop, nice strong martini. Top notch service. Worth the $$$$.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.FOODBEASTDined on 7/17/2008The food was outstanding. It's clear that the focus is on fresh quality food and not just trying to be a trendy restaurant. Our desert was one of the best deserts we ever had. The only down was that the music was far too loud: almost to the point of being distracting.Special Features:
- It was both a great meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/14/2008It was both a great meal and a lasting memory of how good the combination of excellent food and excellent service can be. I can't imagine a better steak prepared exactly how we requested it. We had two side dishes that were prefect compliments. A single malt Scotch before and chocolate cake for desert and there was nothing more we could have hoped for. The wait staff was great. We never felt smothered or neglected. I can see going back to Las Vegas just to go back to CarneVino.Special Features:
- The music was too loud butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2008The music was too loud but the food and service were wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Expensive but well worth theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/9/2008Expensive but well worth the price for a special occasion. Food was fabulous and although we are not wine drinkers, the wine list was very extensive. Excellent service but between the music and the accoustics of the room, hearing the waiter and having a conversation at a table of 4 was difficult.Special Features:
- I called the restaurant toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/9/2008I called the restaurant to ask if they were kid-friendly and they said they were, we got there they offer only spaghetti with tomato sauce for kids. The decor is great, so is the service. Everyone food was way too salty!Special Features:
- The entire evening was spectacular.hifiguytnVIPDined on 7/6/2008The entire evening was spectacular. Service (as good as it gets in Las Vegas). The ravioli in a brown butter sauce we had was awsome. The bone-in for two was as good a steak I have had in Las Vegas. Emeril's Del Monico's could learn something from Carnevino's. The beer list includes Delerium Tremmens as well as other great belgian ales. Desert and cappacino's were great. You will definitely see us again. We live in Summerlin and had a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was salty and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2008Food was salty and service was poor. Server seemed to have too many tables in his section. Took over 10 minutes just for him to bring over a dessert menu.
- Appetizers were great. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2008Appetizers were great. Service was great. Too long between appetizer and entree. Entrees were overpriced and lukewarm. We would not go back there.Special Features:
- Not recommended. Waiter neitherDinesoutalotVIPDined on 6/30/2008Not recommended. Waiter neither spoke nor understood English very well. Items were not available though on the menu. Wine steward was inattentive. Too much hovering by waitstaff to the point of being intrusive. Food very rich and portions much too large. Use of fats and butter makes Paula Deen's cooking a low fat alternative. Not worth the expense noe the waistline expansion.
- This was one of the most wonderfulTeacher5Dined on 6/30/2008This was one of the most wonderful dining experiences I have ever had. Service, food, atmosphere! I can't say enough about it! Our server, John, is such a professional and interacted with us without being intrusive.Special Features:
- The service was polite, butDisappointedVIPDined on 6/28/2008The service was polite, but not efficient. Took awhile to come and take a drink order and for water service. Waiter forgot about our drink. Given the prices, the service needed to be impeccable, which it was not. My veal dish was tough. $25 appetizer was fair. My husband enjoyed his veal marsala. I was generally disappointed. We would not return again.
- I would say the most accurateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2008I would say the most accurate description of our experience would be: "it's ok". Two of us ordered the porterhouse for two. I eat at a lot of high end steak houses. For over $140 I was expecting something spectacular. When they brought it out my first thought was "where's the rest"? It was reasonably tasty but grossly overpriced. Companions opted for pasta. One pasta dish was quite good and sufficient, another was tiny. I ordered the cheesecake for desert. Another mistake. I had thought this was a steakhouse- boy was I wrong. If that's what you want go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Best veal chop I've ever had.JoeSVIPDined on 6/25/2008Best veal chop I've ever had. Service started out great, but ran out of steam as restaurant got busier. Water glasses not refilled etc. Does not have regular coffee or chocolate desserts.Special Features:
- CarneVino provided the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/19/2008CarneVino provided the best meal we had the entire week in Las Vegas. We shared dinner with another couple, and every dish we ordered was EXCELLENT!!---including the desserts. We will look forward to dining at CarneVino on our next trip.Special Features:
- Excellent calamari appetizer,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/18/2008Excellent calamari appetizer, huge steaks, great meal overall. Nice desert selection. Wine, great. Service fantastic. Elegant but shorts ok for men. Would be great for a group, 10-15, they have two "rooms" with a curtain, elegant but great for a small party. Also a larger area across from the restaurant, could be good for a larger group or gathering. Price was high but worth it. $325 for three people, cocktails, wine, appetizer, salad, main dish, and desert. Would go back again and again.Special Features:
- This is absolutely the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/18/2008This is absolutely the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food was out of this world.Special Features:
- It took three tries to getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2008It took three tries to get the steak cooked correctly! Not what I would expect for such a fine restaurant!Special Features:
- Service was a highlight. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/15/2008Service was a highlight. The menu is nicely wide-ranging, but the prices of the signature steaks and chops were too daunting. Salt is used a little too liberally. The selection of red wines by the glass was a little disappointing for a place that puts an emphasis on red meat and wine. The pastas were a mixed bag. The side dishes were disappointing and, at $9 each, overpriced. The sweetbreads were too heavily breaded and then sauteed at too low a temperature, so there wasn't any crisp to go along with the breading. Overall, it was an enjoyable evening but I wouldn't go back, given all the competition at that price point in that town.
- Outstanding restaurant. OnlyGlennVIPDined on 6/14/2008Outstanding restaurant. Only Mario Batali could come up with such a gem. Looking forward to coming backSpecial Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2008The food and service were great. We did not like the music (rock) as it didn't go with the general atmosphere. We asked our server what the deal was-- did they leave the music on from the lunch shift, or what? Apparently Mario Batali likes rock and wants it played in his restaurants. We like rock too, but not during dinner in an Italian steakhouse. Some more subtle music would have been better. Later the music was switched to Blues, which was okay.Special Features:
- We were really excited toOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2008We were really excited to eat at the CarneVino. As regulars to many of Las Vegas's restaurants we were hoping that it would add to the list of great dining experiences. How wrong we were. I would compare the food to the quality of a chain restaurant. Not the restaurant that handed us the $300 dollar folio. It is not that the restaurant and food were bad, it was just amazingly mediocre. Nothing stood out on the palate, there was no "Wow" factor. For a couple of foodies it was a place we looked forward to dining at and now we live with this mediocre taste in our mouths. The Service started off wonderful and then dwindled like the meal as the evening went on. Maybe it was just a day that everyone was off, or at least I hope so.Special Features:
- great food. staff was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2008great food. staff was friendly, but, very slow and unattentiveSpecial Features:
- I thought with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2008I thought with the service they could have been more prompt with the wine service and I thought they left the plates on the table too long after we had finished eating.
- The staff was incredible andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2008The staff was incredible and the food was to die for. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- The service was outstanding.ParisroseVIPDined on 6/4/2008The service was outstanding. Our waiter Chad was the best. The menu does not have enough choices for non meat eaters. The wine list is very, very over priced and too extensive for the average diner.
- I have eaten at CarnevinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2008I have eaten at Carnevino twice. Both visits were outstanding! I was a bit nervous going a second time. I was afraid I would be let down because the first time was so perfect. I don't know how they did it, but, the second time was even better! I HIGHLY recommend Carnevino!!!Special Features:
- Serice team did a Great job.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2008Serice team did a Great job. Our waiter Alex and his assistant did a great job! The hostess also honored our request to sit away from the Casino floor.Special Features:
- had 9:00 resv, did not sitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2008had 9:00 resv, did not sit until 9:30, service very slow, not worth the $ they charge
- One of the worst experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2008One of the worst experiences I've ever had at a restaurant. And I'm a huge fan of Babbo, B&B, and Pizzeria Mozza. The waiter, when he finally noticed us, suggested the $60 Lobster appetizer, which was supposed to be from a 2lb lobster but was small and not very good. Took a half hour before menus were even given to us. Our Prosecco was kept on ice but we couldn't get a waiter for a long while to get to it to pour refills. The $145 steak was serviciable but not in the same league as the Peter Lugar steaks that I had flown to LA the previous week which I cooked up myself. The service was the worst I'd ever encountered at a restaurant of supposedly that caliber. I complained to the manager who offered us glasses of Moscato....insulting
- The sommelier made excellentKittyTDined on 5/29/2008The sommelier made excellent recommendations and provided great service. Service by our waiter was spotty - unfortunately, we were seated immediate following a party of over 20 people. It took 90 minutes to receive our 2nd course. We were appeased by the fantastic wine selections made with the sommeliers' assistance...otherwise, this could have turned out to be an episode of Hell's Kitchen.Special Features:
- Great food! The antique-likeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2008Great food! The antique-like ambiance is complimented by the great wait-staff. Very extensive wine list as well.Special Features:
- wine list way over priced servicMarcVIPDined on 5/24/2008wine list way over priced service was bad no one seems to now whats going on
- the restaurant seating areaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2008the restaurant seating area is splint into 2 sides - seperated by a walking zone for the casino, the Palazzo. It can get very noisy as there are no windows and it is partially open to the casino. The service is quite good - and the Northern Italian fare is well rounded. Minimal wait for your reserved table. Bar can be busy.Special Features:
- The veal was the best I havequeenmotherDined on 5/24/2008The veal was the best I have ever had. Wonderful meal!Special Features:
- The experience was outstanding.LisaRVIPDined on 5/24/2008The experience was outstanding. Being a local we have so many choices that we don't go back to restaurants a lot. We will absolutely go back to CarneVino. Everything was outstanding! Highly recommend this to anyone.Special Features: