CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Palazzo Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carnevino.com/
- Phone: (702) 789-4141
- Hours of Operation:
Taverna: 12 noon - Midnight Pre-Theater: 5 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner Seating: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining room or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ocain 7022669971
- Special Events: Please call Rachel Ocain at (702)266-9971
A word from CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel - Best Restaurants in The Venetian and Palazzo ›
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
276 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (168)special occasion (163)fit for foodies (154)romantic (98)good for groups (85)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014We dined at CarneVino as we were craving a steak. While the price tag was exxy ($52 for a Filet Mignon, sides or sauces extra) it was worth every delicious mouthful. We also enjoyed the Pasta Bolognaise which was exceptional. The entrance from the Casino is deceiving, and the room once inside is delightful. Our wait staff were attentive and well informed on the menu, helping us with our selections. The wine list was EXTENSIVE, although understandably heavily geared to reds. Overall a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downWesfx4Dined on 11/20/2014I have been to CarneVino in the past and considered it to be the best overall dining experience I have ever had. This time was a big let down. We were set in the wine room beside a group of 15 loud people. We had ask for a specific waiter but he was off. Upon arriving they told us they had giving us the best waiter of the night. This guy was just average all the way around. Then the food courses started arriving, again nothing amazing. I was looking for the 9 month dry aged ribeye but they did not have it. Overall an average experience for an above average restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines are over pricejerryDined on 11/19/2014it was hard to find a bottle of red wine under $120and even that the list is very large very few know wines for the average consumer hard to compare fromn wineries you never heard off. My guest meat was over cook.Servicefrom waiter was impecable
- Great FoodGreatDined on 11/16/2014The bone in ribeye is a must. We had the spinach and potato mash as sides and those were also wonderful dishes. Must try the octopus appetizer as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Overpriced... even for VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Really overpriced. Pastas are all Tapas sized plates. Good service. Food was delicious. I had Grilled Octopus app and "Osso Bucco".Special Features:
- $$$$ but not ****Lido9613Dined on 11/15/2014The prices were 4 stars but the experience was much less than that. Service was really slow and we had been there 90 minutes before we even saw our dishes. Rather than discount the bill they added more sides. The food is quite good, but for a high end joint, they missed several items. We were not offered olive oil, balsamic or parmesan. When asked for, it was as if we didn't understand how amazing the food was. My wife actually was told that they did not recommend she put parmesan on her pasta. It is not her first rodeo with how she prefers her food. Also, it is one of those places that is so sure they have seasoned their food so well that offering salt or pepper is beneath them. I happen to like a pepper addition to my pasta. We bought the pasta and still spent $150 between 2 people. Good food though, just not worth all the cash and trouble.Special Features:
- Lacking serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We had reservations for a medium sized group of 12 adults. Upon arrival we were promptly sat down and welcomed by two waiters that would serve us for the evening. All the food and wine was thoroughly explained. Having been in the service industry I was upfront with the waiters that our group was comprised of couples and to split the checks before we ordered any food or drinks. He was thankful that we told him ahead of time. First issue was that none of our wine bottles were kept on the table. I asked the waiter and he said that they offer a high level of service and will top off our drinks throughout the nite. Several times someone in our groups glass went empty and had to wait several minutes 5-10 for it to be filled. Not what I was expecting from the explanation given to me by the waiter. Second issue was a waiter pouring $90 a bottle glass into another persons $400 a bottle glass that was 1/4 full. This shorted two couples in our group and the manager came out to solve the issue. Out of respect for the management I feel that the issue was resolved in a way that both couples were content. Third issue came at the end when all the couples received their checks. It was apparent that even with our warning before ordering, several items had been mixed between checks. This was just plain annoying and in my opinion after the first two issues put the knife in the coffin. While the food was excellent I feel that the service end of the experience was lacking. I was not impressed this type of restaurant really should wow it's customers. Those that know me would say I'm probably the last person to complain at a restaurant but i ended up speaking with management twice which doesn't make for a pleasant dinning experience. This was typed on my phone so please forgive any grammatical errors.Special Features:
- Carnivores dine at CarnevinojmatandemDined on 11/15/2014I went to Carnevino for one reason: Fine, aged beef, and I got what I went for! A friend and I shared the bone-in ribeye ($144!) and we were not disappointed. It was one of the finest steaks I've ever eaten. I don't even remember what we had with it, it so dominated my taste buds. It was exactly what an aged ribeye should be - full of flavor, juicy and a little bit chewy. The waiters - more than one helped out at our table - were knowledgable and friendly. Clearly, they helped make the dinner enjoyable. This is a meat-lovers steakhouse, and I can't wait to be back in Vegas and return for an encore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rizzo25Dined on 11/14/2014The experience was great, the music awful! I was told they were Marios pick, off his I-pod. Lets get some soft Italian music to go along with the ambiance of the restaurant. I will come back and see if you listen to you customers. I was told this was a common complaint. Other than the music I would give your restaurant 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServicebdgFSVIPDined on 11/14/2014Took my parents last week and they and I loved it. I have been wanting to go for a long time and it was worth the wait. Service from Server and bus boy was really perfect. Food fantastic, Rib eye for two was the best I have had in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Our 4th trip here and the continue to impress. Food is always perfect, the beef cheek ravioli was sublime. They've recently added argon gas wine keepers and offer high end wines by the glass. We enjoyed a couple Tigninnello glasses instead of having to buy the entire bottle. Perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- great food, mediocre experiencesteakloverDined on 11/14/2014I made my reservation and noted in the special requests that this was a birthday celebration. None of the staff members acknowledged the birthday nor took any special measures to make the night memorable. A simple "happy birthday" would have been a nice gesture. I go to fine dining establishments often, this was by far the coldest experience I have encountered. The lack-luster staff were not warm and greeting, did not make us feel welcome. This was the opposite experience I am used to when dining at other fine steak houses like capital grille, delmonico, Gordon Ramsay Steak, etc. The food itself was great, I could not have asked for anything better. However, the overall pedestrian experience was such that I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. People go to fine restaurants for a great experience and great food. There are too many establishments in vegas that offer both. It is a shame that we received such a cold reception and otherwise unremarkable service as I would have enjoyed eating here again. Since the overall expeeience was lacking, I don't think we would return. Dissapointedly, Chris herron
- The steak was very disappointing.TheClawDined on 11/12/2014This place is touted as one of the best steak places in the area and carries the name of Mario Batali. The steaks were cooked as ordered and the survice was good, but my rare New York strip had absolutely no flavor at all. The others in the group ordered theirs medium rare and had the same issue. It was very disappointing. If you do end up eating here I can recommend the sides, specifically the mushrooms.Special Features:
- Very disappointingKcNYC1VIPDined on 11/12/2014Way way overpriced. Steak had no real flavor. We had to wait 45 minutes after our reservation to be seated. And very loud restaurant. Definitely would avoid this place. Shame that Maro Batali would attach his name to this.
- Best Night in VegasLDK4VIPDined on 11/11/2014This was the best meal in Vegas! My husband and I shared the rib eye and were blown away. It seems so simple but it was the best!! The dessert was out of this world, the chocolate & peanut butter torte. The staff was great, the assistant waiter was who we saw mostly after ordering and he was amazing and full of personality. I can't wait to go back to Vegas so I can eat here!Special Features:
- Very disappointingDrewDined on 11/10/2014Service was terrible... It started in the bar when they wouldn't get us a bottle of wine because we were going to go to a table for dinner. Once at our table bad service continued. One of the people in our party wanted a Diet Coke while we were waiting on our wine that we did order and took over 20 minutes to get. We had to ask three different people before it finally came. While impressive by selections, their wine list is SUPER overpriced, even for Las Vegas. I am in the wine business and am very familiar with Italian wines, we ordered a $115 bottle (which is one of the cheapest on their list) that we are familiar with, in fact, we went to the winery in Italy in May. There clearly was disappointment on the waiter's face when we ordered that instead of something more expensive. Food was okay at best, tiny portions and very expensive, again, in relation to Vegas restaurants, not the rest of the country. I find that service is usually the one thing in Las Vegas that is lacking the most in good restaurants. I think the fact that there are millions and millions of people that visit have most restaurants not concerned with service because there are always more people daily. Unfortunately this place stands out as one of the worst in this overall poor service town!
- Worth every pennyAPL29VIPDined on 11/10/2014There are no shortage of steak options in Vegas & Carnevino is at the front of the class. The beef, combined with the pasta menu is simply superb. Service is flawless & linens, flatware, stemware are top shelf. Not a cheap meal by any means but worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous steaksekdguitarDined on 11/9/2014120 days seems like a long time to age steaks. I've had great Midwest 21 day dry aged steaks in the Midwest and this almost reaches that peak. Not quite. But overall the restaurant gets an A+ in all categories and serves one of the finest Porterhouses I've ever had. Almost as good as the one I had in Fort Smith, Arkansas a few weeks ago.Special Features:
- Under the Tuscan Yum!YOLODined on 11/9/2014Meat lovers should run to this great place for excellent steak with real Tuscan flair. The staff is cool, friendly, and knowledgeable . The authentic and rustic dishes could not have been more favorable and delicious. One of the finest wine lists on the strip and the presentation is fantastic. Strongly suggest having the table side cutting service- the flair and is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentExcellentDined on 11/9/2014Carne Vino hits a home run for us. We were seated in the room with wine coolers along the walls. Smaller and quieter than the large main dining room. From drinks to dessert the wait staff was perfect. We decided on veal and it was excellent - scallopine and the chop. It was accompanied by an excellent wine from their fine list of Italian selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tough steak "house known for"discerningdinerDined on 11/8/20142 steaks and 2 sides, 4 drinks for 250.00. Service was good, nice ambiance, good drinks, but tough and tasteless steak. Very disappointed. Takes a lot for me to give a bad review. But this strip steak was one of 3 "recommended" and couldn't taste any "sea salt or rosemary".
- over Pricedmoneywise2014VIPDined on 11/7/2014The food was prepared and presented well. The wait staff was awesome. The somlier was polite and willing immediately to take back the $190 (39.99 retail) bottle of vinegar that had a wine label. Wines were extremely over priced as well as the food. 4 x markup on store prices. That's just taking advantage of visitors even if they are nice while they do it.Special Features:
- Disappointed. Overall: Epic Fail.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014Assured time for adequate dinner service prior to a show for corporate event. Wine sommelier rude & emotionless. Server non-existent save & except for a second server tending another table who was helpful in answering questions. Appetizers & initial beverages served on time. Wine ordered w/dinner never arrived. Part of the main course arrived late - sides never arrived. Ended up having to eat $350.00 worth of steak (2 steaks) in 5 minutes with no drinks & only 5 minuutes to spare to make it over to another casino to attend our show. Steaks tasted great though are absurdly priced and easy to choke on when expected to eat them without beverages and in under 5 minutes before departure is required. Poor service. Great Food. Shame.
- MarlotinoDined on 11/7/2014Great service excellent food presentation priced rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014Food was excellent, but the price point and small portions were disappointing.
- Had to try itclaytDined on 11/5/2014This is a had to try restaurant. My wife and I ate here on Wednesday night. There was a large convention in town, so the place was packed and loud. Service was very good. Started with a calamari appetizer. I'm not a big fan of the marinara style... but this was the best I have had, very good! Followed up with braised short rib ravioli. We sent this back. The pasta was not good. Very disappointed. Main entry was Osso Bucco. Wow! flavors were great served over an orzo there was done perfectly. Overall, we are happy that we went, would I go again? Would have to think about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingMichaelDined on 11/4/2014I've eaten here a few times and come back every trip to Vegas. amazing food and service. My only complaint is tbe music was almoat too loud to carry on a conversation this last trip. Overall though, it's my favorite in Vegas, or most anywhere for that matterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business dinnerATLchowhoundDined on 11/2/2014Very nice evening. Very attentive service, and delicious dinner in an attractive side-room. Lively, but easy to hear/participate in conversations across the table. When our group of 10 was indecisive, waiter suggested ordering the meal family-style with several appetizers, entrees and sides, so all could try what they wanted. It worked out well- with fewer entrees needed than the number of guests, and more than enough food for all. The beef was delicious (as advertised) - but my favorite was the cauliflower side dish. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The service was outstanding. Our server, Cory, was very knowledgeable regarding the menu and assisted us in ordering to insure that our dining experience was incredible. Our group of four had an incredible experience making our stop at CarneVino one of our Vegas highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very nice experience, though expensive. Oh well. C'est la vie, but it is an Italian resturauntSpecial Features:
- Almost thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014At this time I would not recommend it. The bar music is way to loud , you have to yell at each other to hear. Every body was pushing the family style meal, the bar tender the waiter. We fell for it and it was a rip off. We will be back to try the individual meals, and then tell other people . PlumSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/30/2014service was horrible. took 30 minutes to get a drink. then tried to order wine and they were out of stock. food was good but too many other restaurants with good food and service.
- Underwhelming valueBiznay305Dined on 10/28/2014The grilled Octopus appetizer with unbelievably good. We could have just ordered 5 plates of that it was so good. The fresh bread with butter and lard was also very good. The challenge for me was the Porterhouse for two. Sorry, but that steak is just too small for the $80 per person price tag. I have ordered a Porterhouse for two at several comparable steakhouses and gotten something much better and larger. Overall, I would certainly recommend everything else including a great wine list. The steak simply failed to be a star.Special Features:
- Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Undercooked meal, incorrect or missing meals, overpriced, and very noisy were only a few terms that come to mind. The restaurant was very busy and expansive which was a sign of its popularity, but we had difficulty getting timely and accurate service. Since this was a business dinner for important client the experience reflected badly on me.
- Delicious but $$$goode8tsDined on 10/26/2014We had a great meal, but everything is very pricey, but then again that's Vegas for you. $150 for a steak for 2 is crazy, but it was very flavorful and nice presentation and table side carving. Gets a little ridiculous that even when you spend $150 for a steak that every side and salad is a la carte. Plan for about $100/person, drinks not included. Great experience, but probably would not return.Special Features:
- Absolute perfection!DDSS1111111111111Dined on 10/26/2014The best dinning experience ever! Great atmosphere, Excellent staff, and Phenomenal meal!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The octopus appetizer was tender and savory. The porterhouse steak for two had amazing flavor. I highly recommend the peanut butter and chocolate dessert. We were very pleased.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMamaSchermDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful, the servers were attentive and fun to talk to. They recommended some fantastic items and certainly took great care I us. I highly recommend the grilled octopus appetizer, it is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KingeshmanDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter and bartenders were fantastic. Food was amazing, and the Wine list is excellent.Special Features:
- Corks = Octopus magic!AmpLadyDined on 10/24/2014Who knew that simple wine corks could make octopus so tender? One of the best dishes I ever had. And the steaks were great too. Overall outstanding service. Hope to be back soon!!Special Features: