CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
3325 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Palazzo Hotel and Casino
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carnevino.com/
- Phone: 7027894141
- Hours of Operation:
Taverna: 12 noon - Midnight Pre-Theater: 5 pm - 6:30 pm Dinner Seating: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Zach Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us if you are interested in booking a private event or function in either our private dining room or by buying out all or part of the restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Ocain 7022669971
- Special Events: Please call Rachel Ocain at (702)266-9971
A word from CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel
Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, James Beard's Most Outstanding Restaurateurs of 2008, bring you their first ever Italian Steakhouse! CarneVino endeavors to deliver the premier steak experience in Las Vegas. With soaring 16 foot ceilings and Italian marble and wood touches, the handsome and spacious rooms are designed in the style of a classic Italian Castella, where serving the highest quality product with our first-ever international wine list creates an experience unlike any other. The menu focuses on our very own BBL Beef and its minimum five week dry aging process, rounded out with various source-verified meat, fish, and poultry, classic and inventive regional pastas, and unique spins on traditional steakhouse appetizers and sides. Join us for high-energy but luxurious dinner in any one of our dining rooms, or drop by the Taverna on a whim to kick back and watch the game with our more casual menu, featuring our very own CarneVino Burger!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel - Best Restaurants in The Venetian and Palazzo ›
CarneVino Italian Steakhouse - Palazzo Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (147)special occasion (139)fit for foodies (131)romantic (97)good for groups (74)hot spot (31)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Loving CarnevinoLocalpatronDined on 9/27/2014Great place for all fine dining needs. Steak..AAA+++ same for Lobster, wine and sides...going forward, will eat at Carnevino with every visit to Vegas.Special Features:
- Excellent foodie experienceBadgerDined on 9/25/2014Great food. Pricey but worth it considering what you get. Even though you won't have room for desert at the end I highly recommend the Chocolate Peanutbutter torte. INSANE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnevino Steakhousesloejoe87Dined on 9/21/2014Excellent service as usual. The steaks are very large, so be ready to share or take home. They still taste great the next morning even when cold.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2014Initially poor service, but when we brought the lack of service to waiter's attention, he made a definite effort to compensate. The food was good,but did nt warrant the high prices.Special Features:
- Best 50th birthday ever!nifty50Dined on 9/21/2014This was by far the best way to celebrate my husbands 5th birthday. Everything was exceptional. Food was to die for, service was perfect, attention to detail was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LasvegasDined on 9/20/2014A must each time I come to Vegas. The steaks the wine and atmosphere are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute dinner outdwlvDined on 9/20/2014We both enjoyed the the decor of the restaurant, providing a nice setting and light level. Our service was attentive, without being over-bearing. Most important - the food. Side dishes were very good, going with fried eggplant and mashed potatoes with guanciale. For entree, we went with the bone-in ribeye for two, which was fantastic. Per our servers recommendation on how the restaurant prepares their meat temperatures, ours turned out perfect for how we like (we like medium rare and it was recommended to order medium). The only thing of note was that at one point, there was a very distinguishable increase in music volume which seemed slightly high for the setting. Overall, a great dinner and a place we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- President and CEOLadyinBlueDined on 9/20/2014the whole experience was fantastic - our waiter was Diego and he was brilliant the food was so spectacular and the presentation was beautiful!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHumcapDined on 9/19/2014The whole dinner was a great experience. Right from the greeting from the hostess, to the wonderful food and the after dinner drinks. The waiter helped us with our food selections and did not steer us wrong. The white truffle pasta was out of this world. For our secondis we had veal scallopini and osso bucco. Both were well prepared and good sized meals. We felt that we were in Florence more than sitting in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Best meal in whole tripdave2757Dined on 9/19/2014We ate at a lot of celebrity chef restaurants this trip. Mario never disappoints. Short ribs and heirloom salad were outstanding. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- lamebigpoppaDined on 9/19/2014very disappointing dinner. decent apps but steaks were very average, very fatty and average flavor. pasta uninspired, ordered several pastas for the table and one order never showed up. service average. didnt fly to vegas to dine with friends on average food.
- Steak was bad, otherwise goodEvanVIPDined on 9/18/2014The scallops were spectacular, the pasta perfect. The steak--not so much. We ordered medium rare, got rubbery rare. To be fair our waiter hinted that the kitchen is clueless about temperatures, and we might consider medium if we wanted medium rare. But he was not definite on that, so we assumed that this elite "steakhouse" would get it right. We got it cold rare, so lesson learned. But beyond the bad temp, the steak was dull and flavorless--it wasn't worth sending back for more heat. But the rest of the dinner was outstanding as was the exceptional wine service by an astute sommelier with a strong command of Italian wines. The chef should stick to pasta; he doesn't know steak.
- Return a definiteJillGiffDined on 9/17/2014The overall experience at Carnevino was great. From drinks to food we left satisfied and full. For those who love a great Veal Chop I would suggest ordering this dish. As a side dish you can't go wrong with the mashed potatoes.. delicious…Service was wonderful and everyone was very friendly and knowledgable …Special Features:
- IrritatingGaleVIPDined on 9/17/2014Entire restaurant was much too loud, music level was not relaxing but irritating. Food was very good but not exceptional for the price. All members of the wait staff were well trained and pleasant. Wine was overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!1stRoundsOnMeDined on 9/16/2014By far one of the best steakhouses that I've been to. Definitely a great spot for a special occasion and the bill adds up quickly, but worth every penny. The service was outstanding the the wine list is amazing! They'll even cut the steak for you table side! If you're in the Las Vegas area, this is a spot to try for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceNomnomnomDined on 9/13/2014The highlights of Carnevino are the wine list and the exceptional service. That being said, the food is nothing to shrug off. The a la carte menu is sizeable and well balanced. The appetizers were surprisingly bold with flavors and were not too large so as to overpower the dining experience. The pasta dishes (primi piatti) were nice. Simple, elegant, flavorful, but far too much for one person if youre going to get a protein main afterwards. The family style recommendation from our server was the right idea and will leave everyone happy. Had the veal scallopini (porcini/marsala version) and it was excellent. The service at Carnevino was absolutely without question second to none. Management should be proud.Special Features:
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The service was great. I had to send a drink back, and I was still charged for it. The food was WAY overpriced! The gnocchi was awful... The steak was delicious, but could of gone somewhere else and had better...and for less $... I would not go back...
- Outstanding!!juniepantsVIPDined on 9/12/2014our server was Michael, he was wonderful. food was amazing, would go back in a heartbeat!!Special Features:
- Batali is a god.WilltravelforfoodDined on 9/12/2014We had a large group. Our table was promptly sat. Cocktails were beautiful. Wine list was neverending. We ordered appetizers, pasta course, and mains. Everything was flawless. Each of the handmade pastas was so delicate and perfect, and the sauces were a rich fantastic treat. The beef cheek ravioli was not on the menu but available and absolutley lived up to the legend. The dry aged bone-in ribeye is listed for two people, but we shared among three people and still couldn't finish it. Waitstaff knew we had tickets for a show and had us out the door on time with no problems, despite our multiple courses and second bottle of wine on one side of the table. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TravellingfoodieDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely fantastic. Wonderful cocktail choices & wines. Great menu items other than steak. We particularly enjoyed the Ravioli with beefcheeks in a butter Sauce drizzled with an aged balsamic and the Sauteed Fois Gras Ravioli with a port wine sauce. Very yummy. The steaks were fantastic. We decided it was a toss up between the Classic Bone in Ribeye and the Tuscan Porterhouse. Either way you can't go wrong. And we chose the peanut butter torte for dessert. It was so rich that 4 of us could not finish it. Great evening.Special Features:
- BruceVIPDined on 9/11/2014Restaurant played music that was too loud. Could barely hear ourselves talk. Management was attentive and the service was very good. Food did not meet our expectations and was very expensive. Ambiance did not live up to the hype. The restaurant was divided into four different rooms. Not on our list for our next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Impressive Food, Poor InformationChrisinnatiDined on 9/10/2014Highly impressed with the creative menu items, especially courses one and two. All service staff were extremely knowledgeable and eager to please. The negative point outweighs any positives. When reviewing the menu, some of the items specified that their price was per person. The bone in rib eye simply said "For 2: $72" When I received the bill, it reflected $72 per person, though the menu made no such indication of that (unlike some of the other items). I paid and said nothing so I may have some ownership of this not being rectified. In my defense, I am very self conscious of complaining at restaurants as I fear there will be a perception of me as seeking something at no cost.
- excellentallcliffDined on 9/8/2014Great dry age beef up to 280 days just fantastic, pasta dishes are great, as well as, the salads and deserts. If you are a dry aged beef lover this restaurant is for you, from 90 day to 280 days.Special Features:
- FabulousDocNoggiesDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant is very expensive but not over priced. In out party of 9, 3 said it was the best steak they had ever had. Our waiter was incredibly knowledgeable. Excellent attention from all the servers.Special Features:
- Unfortunatelove2eatVIPDined on 9/7/2014Walking into screeching Blind Melon blaring at the top of its tinny speaker lungs was the first sign to turn around. Simply not great dining music. Our server was overwhelmed and rushed, our menu not explained, drinks missing, he's MIA. The oysters on the half shell were either old, poorly cleaned or bad, probably all three. Never had an oyster taste that way before. Ever. My husband's bone in filet was in need of much better butchering skills, poor cow. Thank goodness for the waiter's assistant, Robert, he saved the evening and needs a promotion. I love Batali's restaurants, Babbo and Del Posto, they are 2 of our favorites. Would I recommend this one, no, there are much better steakhouses in Vegas, try SW or Cut.
- Dinner in VegasSteakloverDined on 9/7/2014I was recently in Las Vegas for the 1st time and when I found this restaurant before I left I really wanted to try it. The food was fantastic. I had the 16 oz dry age New York strip with bone in (which made it even better). They are aged for 3 months. This is a must try, I know I'll be back next time I'm in Vegas.Special Features:
- excellent service & porterhousejweberDined on 9/7/2014Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the extensive wine list, and the menu. When we mentioned we had show tickets, he made sure our food courses were properly and promptly timed. The steak was outstanding, all the food was delicious. Our one complaint was the odd choice of music, playing the entire Blind Melon album?? That was really weird and it didn't fit the food or style of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOlcane1Dined on 9/6/2014Be prepared to enjoy the entire experience and don't complain about the cost as it is worth it.Special Features:
- Memorable Meal!Joyful702Dined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed a great meal here with my husband and daughter. My husband said his romaine salad was very tasty with nice crisp romaine, and uniquely presented. My daughter and I split an heirloom tomato/caprese salad; it was excellent! My husband ordered filet mignon, which he said was very good. My daughter and I had the rib eye steak, which was prepared perfectly, and was very flavorful. The fingerling potatoes and eggplant sides were very flavorful and beautifully prepared. Buehler Cab wine was also perfect! Great meal, great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff was as good as the foodSDIIDined on 9/4/2014our Server was excellent, he asked what we liked and explained the restaurant and the items on the menu that the restaurant was famous for. all food and service was top notch and I would definitely go back again. pricey, but worth it!Special Features:
- BoringVegaslovrDined on 9/4/2014The food was good but they stick you in a room across the Hotel hall from the bar or what you'd think is the restaurant. It's a nice quiet place and your are well taken care of, but it's odd. The waiter really knew his stuff. Top notched and very informative. Food was marginal, all alacarte of course. Expensive!! Probably will not go again.Special Features:
- Nice AmbianceMissDallasOpinionDined on 9/4/2014This was our first time dinning at a high-end restaurant, and chose CarneVino based on a recommendation. My husband’s steak , a New York Strip was cooked medium rare (he ordered medium), and my fillet was cooked medium (I ordered medium rare). We felt embarrassed to bring this to our waiters attention so we just ate what we were given as we didn’t have time to wait on new steaks. I thought the flavor was excellent, but my husband found the rosemary taste on his steak to be off-putting. Our side dish was great and so was the bread and cheese balls that were served prior to our meal.Special Features:
- Holy Sh@t this place is amazingTomCDined on 9/3/2014I took my father in law for his first Vegas meal here and it was an event. The appetizers were to die for, the steaks some of the best I have ever had and the dessert would make The Pope cry. I highly recommend this location and I will be returning when I go back at Christmas. thanks for a great time with my familySpecial Features:
- Where's the 'italian' part?ItalianFoodLoverDined on 9/1/2014An italian steakehouse? Well, they do have steak and as the place's name suggests, they also have a large vine menu. But there is absolutley nothing italian about the place. Expected some italian dishes apart from the steaks but there were none... European guests are used to real italian food, so if a restaurant claims to be an italian restaurant, they should better serve (real) italian food or just refrain from (mis-)using that label.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningDolceVitaDined on 8/31/2014My husband and i celebrated our anniversary dinner here since we enjoyed real Italian food on a recent visit to Italy. JP our server and his partner were very friendly and not snobbish. He made us feel comfortable and explained the menu. We ordered grilled octopus which was so good and not chewy. My husband ordered the aged rib eye served table side. He absolutely loved the steak. I ordered the lobster and seafood spaghetti which was delicious. Cheese bread and the choco peanut butter torte dessert topped a great evening! I would absolutely go back on my next visit! I was disappointed at Giada's rest and was worried about coming here. The dinner was so good it felt like a guilty pleasure. Iron chef Batali knows real Italian food!Special Features:
- Amazing Date NightStevilDined on 8/30/2014The food was spectacular and the service impeccable. The server really helped walk us through the menu as it was our first time here. We were looking to be wowed and were not disappointed in that regard.Special Features:
- Order the OctopusReillysluckDined on 8/30/2014We ordered the spicy octopus as an appetizer, which was great. It was cooked perfectly, had wonderful texture, and a great mixture of spiciness, sour, and sweetness. This dish alone makes visiting Carnevino worthwhile. My wife ordered the Anolini with Lobster and Tarragon. While the pasta itself was very good, the filling didn't have that much flavor. If you like something subtle, you might enjoy this dish. Otherwise, I'd order something else. I ordered the Spago with Lamb Ragu. Again, the pasta was cooked perfectly. The Ragu, while good, lacked the tenderness and depth of flavor I look for in a Ragu. We ate at 12:00 and were the only patrons in the restaurant. The service was very good: attentive and helpful without being over bearing.Special Features:
- Awesome.Carnivore603Dined on 8/28/2014The place deserves its reputation as one of the best steakhouses in Las Vegas. The dry-aged ribeye for 2 was very popular selection. We had that and they bring out the perfectly cooked steak to your table and carve it there. Service was top notch. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful CarneVinoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014have been there before. the experience was just as memorable as last. recommend CarneVino whenever I'm in a food in vegas conversation. the wine,food ,service and ambiance all all top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner EverSJworkingmomDined on 8/24/2014We choose Carne Vino to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. He had dined there before with his boss for a conference and couldn't stop talking about it. Excellent restaurant for a nice date. The service was amazing. Our waiter was very attentive, answered any questions and made a few suggestions from the menu. The wine selection is HUGE. Something for everyone. They are known for their dry aged steaks. I understand why. Best steak I have ever had. Everything we ate at Carne Vino was excellent. I must come back when I am in Vegas again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.