331 Union Blvd.
Totowa, NJ 07512Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carnevaleristorante.com/
- Phone: 9739254949
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Maurice Gallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options and special menus are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining is available for up to 120 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Maurice Gallo 9739254949
- Entertainment: Various famous musicians on the weekends!
A word from Carnevale Ristorante
Italian kitchen & wine, Casual Italian Restaurant, catering, BYOB, live entertainment, catering for all occasions, private parties up to 120 people, parking on site, family friendly, family owned & operated, affordable pricing, fresh food never frozen, char-broil, steakhouse, homemade pasta, fine dining at reasonable pricing. outdoor seating available, full service, take out available, wine list, fresh seafood daily, daily specials, gluten free, whole wheat pasta, cook to order. Homemade desserts, coffeehouse, cafe, ristorante located in Totowa: Carnevale Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carnevale Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Needs to make some changes.TTKBVIPDined on 5/13/2012Went late on Mother's Day with a reservation. Food was among the worst I've had. It was hard and tough and seemed precooked, or having sat around and then perhaps microwaved or otherwise reheated. The restaurant had a bar but they did not have a license so couldn't serve drinks. It was quite annoying looking at the bar and not being able to have a drink. The waiter was not pleasant and didn't smile but he did do the job. The owner or manager was very nice and welcoming and gave my date who is a mother a rose for Mother's Day. The restaurant has a pleasant but simple environment. The parking lot is a bit rough around the edges and is next to the side of the restaurant whose exterior is unappetizing. I absolutely would not go back.
- Fine dining in deed and great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012Wow, this place lived up to what I expected. Amazing food and exceptional service. Atmosphere is great as well. As an Italian-American who lived in Italy for over a year I have EXTREMELY high standards when it comes to Italian food. My husband found this restaurant a few weeks ago and we have gone back at least twice a month. We keep bringing our friends with us, and have been there with groups ranging from 4 to 8. This food is the closest I have had to authentic Italian food in America. We were here last Sunday with group of 10 and everyone enjoyed everything The fresh bronzino were absolutly delicious with the risotto creamy with aspoaragus. the veal saltimbucca very tender and delicious. the steak forester big portion and tender.Special Features:
- We've eaten here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012We've eaten here several times, and the food is fantastic. It's a family-owned restaurant, and you can tell everything is freshly made. The asparagus parmesan is amazing, the salmon very fresh for the many times we been here everything is excellent and the entrees also comes with fresh veggies and is really great. Everything I've eaten has been really tasty - Rigatoni, veal saltimbucca, chicken & shrimp scampi, shrimp fradiavolo, bronzino,and of course the tiramisu. And it's really cute inside, so it makes for a great date spot, or family or even private party we definitely will continue to come back Food and Service are amazingSpecial Features:
- Love, Love, Love this freshOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2012Love, Love, Love this fresh and delicious food. The atmosphere is great and fun. We've been back so many times that we have eaten most of the dishes on the menu and look forward to the specials. The service is warm and friendly. The wait persons are pretty amazing and tentive! It's the next best thing to being in Italy. Bravo!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Amazing. Wonderful food and friendly, knowledgeable service! We had a dinner with our friends and man we were very pleased with our dining experience, from the food to service to the decor to the oasis water fountain right in the dining room very nice touch. The food is simplify fresh, delicious, big portion, and doesn't break the bank! It isn't like going out for tapas or appetizers where you pay twenty bucks for a tiny plate of food and leave hungry! I had the housemade rigatoni with short rib ragu, my wife got the housemade ravioli with wild mushrooms, my friend got the veal Toscano and his wife got the salmon risotto. Everything was delicious and fresh we cleaned the plates. We first ordered the portabello and brie cheese anSpecial Features:
- Avoid like the plaguephil6184VIPDined on 4/6/2012The empty dining room on a Saturday night was my first clue that something was amiss. Service, while friendly, was on the slow side. But my real complaint is with the food. My partner and I shared a dish of homemade rigatoni. The pasta was heavy and overcooked. My entree of soft shell crab was soggy and the "francese" sauce was terrible, all starch and lemon with absolutely no other tastes. Did the chef taste this dish? Truly one of the worst dining experiences I have had in a long time.
- AMBIANCE: Cute, charm place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2012AMBIANCE: Cute, charm place. We loved the food the service and the combo Italian American music all put and transform you back to Rome Italy which we have been there several times in the past 20 some years. SERVICE: Great. Constant water checks prompt service. They let you sit and relax and do not rush you out the door like many places. We had an 830 reservation for 5 which was immediately honored upon our arrival even though it was quite crowded inside. FOOD: In order of favorites -- Absolutly DELICIOUS BREAD W OLIVE OIL AND also butter ...save some to dip in the sauces of the pastas! --Portabello mushroom and brie cheese full of flavor with truffle oil. --Calamari Fritti with ginger Dijon sauce out of this world -Baby octopusSpecial Features:
- WE went on a wed. night andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012WE went on a wed. night and the bread was stale and so were the chips that came with the dip we ordered. the place was empty just our table and one other and the menu that was on line was different then the one that was given to us when we got there.... i wouldn't go back!
- Eating Out GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012A gem, we were there (1st time) for the Valentine, perfect place, great food and great music, Mr. Sqeeze, play great accordian music for the occassion, and more. And we consumed 4 bottles of our good wine (Best BYOB place, A+++). Definitely recommend, and will be back again.Special Features:
- my food was only fair, mylynneDined on 1/26/2012my food was only fair, my dining partner really liked hers.Special Features: