Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
2401 S Carolyn Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57106Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carnavalbraziliangrill.com/
- Phone: (605) 361-6328
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm
Private luncheons and parties may be arranged with a manager outside of the above hours.
Our beautiful Patio is currently closed for the Winter and will reopen in the Spring. Central Standard Time (CST)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Most Fridays & Saturdays we offer live music (no cover charge); please call ahead for details. Special Monthly Jazz music events coming in 2011.
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners (limited seating). 4- or 5-course meals specifically paired with select wines; must RSVP.
A word from Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
Carnaval is South Dakota's only Brazilian style steakhouse. From the churrasco/rodizio of meats, the sumptuous hot and cold dishes, to an incredible a-la-carte menu, or a signature pizza, there is something for everyone. We are located in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls - Best Restaurants in Sioux Falls ›
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)good for groups (51)romantic (46)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Aways a treat!MoseysDined on 11/14/2014It is no wonder Carnaval is rated the number one steak house in South Dakota! From the moment you step into the establishment until the moment you leave, you sense caring hospitality, fun relaxing atmosphere, and awesome food. Always love our date nights at Carnaval!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food and service was awesome. $4 for a coke and $7 for a tap beer was a disappointment and felt taken advantage of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday candacecandaceDined on 11/7/2014i had a good experience at my last visit food was good a little confusion at table when ordering did not get my thing on table to tell when i want more meats no body checked back other diners in my party were eating a little awkward going hungry here but food was goodSpecial Features:
- Unique Dining ExperienceJessJuneDined on 11/7/2014One is always skeptical about a "buffet". However my skepticism was put to rest after I tasted the meat. I had some of the best meat I have ever had at a restaurant, let alone a "buffet". The meat was tender and so flavorful. The salad bar was also delicious and bountiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st time at the grill2foodiesfromHuronDined on 11/4/2014Our server was very helpful / knowledgeable with helping us pick out a bottle of wine and telling us about the food. At this point I informed him that I lived in Brazil for 10 years and was looking forward to an authentic Brazil meal. We're not disappointed with the great food we ate. The overall experience was great and I would recommend the grill to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingsandy1025Dined on 10/24/2014Everything was amazing. It is basically what you would expect a Brazilian Steak House to be. We left completely stuffed and happy! All of the meats were delicious. The cinnamon pineapple was so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!ilovemeatDined on 10/24/2014Unique dining experience with a large variety of choices. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SuperbJohnandMartyVIPDined on 10/23/2014As always, service, food, atmosphere, impeccable. Still a favorite!Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCEGOLDCARDMEMBERSDined on 10/17/2014WE HAD A SPECTACULAR WAITER ADEN, HE HAD SUCH AN EASY GOING PERSONALITY AND HANDLED THE BUSY RUSH WITH CONFIDENCE. ALSO THE GAUCHO'S WERE VERY TENTATIVE AND FRIENDLY ASLO-THERE WERE TWO THAT HAD JUST STARTED THAT NIGHT AND I WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN IF WE WOULDNT HAVE ASKED THEM ABOUT THEMSELVES. IT WAS OUR FIRST TIME THERE AND WE WERE SO IMPRESSED WITH THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE RESTAURANT, THE FRIENDLY STAFF AND THE FOOD. WE CANNOT WAIT TO GO THERE AGAIN!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Always a great experience, service, food, atmosphere are always a step above. Love it!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerdinner42Dined on 10/13/2014My husband and I went to Carnaval Brazilian for our anniversary. We expected to have a nice quiet intimate meal with amazing food, and that is what we got! The food, service, and atmosphere is impeccable!!Special Features:
- Meat HereLovemeatDined on 10/11/2014Always a crowd pleaser. Can't decide what my favorite meat treat is, so I enjoy them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must like rare meat.MirandaDined on 10/11/2014I really like the place and the food was seasoned wonderfully, only problem was not able to enjoy more then half the selection due to the fact that the meat was all served rare, I wish there was some beef cooked at lest medSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in town!SFdinerDined on 10/4/2014Carnival has the best service in town. The gauchos are engaging, wait staff are friendly and attentive, and the ladies at the front gave our kids pellets to feed their koi fish. A great place for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkipperDined on 9/30/2014This place was a great find. Everything from walking in the door friendly and helpful people. The food was good, but not great. We would come back and try it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnaval Brazilian Grill a favoriteKat1Dined on 9/27/2014When I want to dine in Sioux Falls, I always think of this fun restaurant. I love the service and the traditional gauchos bringing us different meats grilled on a metal sword from an open fire. The caipirinha drink was mixed perfect from the bar. Just like in Brazil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brazilian!patfix3Dined on 9/19/2014We have dined at many Brazilian Steakhouses around the country but Carnaval Brazilian Grill in Sioux Falls has continuously proven to be the best. The ambiance is always wonderful with live music on most weekend nights. The food is wonderful and endless. Finally, the staff is extremely helpful & friendly. We typically dine at this restaurant once per month and are always treated like family. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who asks (and some who do not). Try it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantluv2eatDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant has a nice quiet feel to it. The parmesan chicken is amazing, recommend that to anybody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for this type of restaurantLuvinGCMDined on 9/15/2014Having eaten at a number of this kind of Brazilian restaurant I can say this one is average food quality. The variety of the food is certainly standard as it relates to the served meats, the salad bar is considerably less interesting than other Brazilian grills. The prices at this restaurant are probably right for the Sioux Falls Market, but they are also less than similar restaurants in other cities. The quality of the meet varied from quite tasty to quite in-edible. The Parmigiana coated beef received a resounding yuk from all 5 in our party. The chicken also was relatively tasteless. The Signature beef, the bacon wrapped beef topped the other side of the scale and were very enjoyable. The remaining options were not remarkable.
- AwesometwiggyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I enjoy eating here so much that we made plans to stop durning our vacation to the Black Hills. The food is abundant and the wait staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Sons birthdayOydieDined on 9/13/2014Took my son here for his birthday. He was thrilled over the selection of meats nod enjoyed the atmosphere. He said he's never tasted such delicious tender meat. My husband also enjoyed it. I ordered a sandwich off the menu which was good, but nothing outstanding. We enjoyed it a lot, but it is definitely a special occasion type of place......very pricey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- These Guys Know MeatTastebudDined on 9/9/2014Carnaval is centrally located with adequate parking. The gauchos carve various meats tableside at your bidding. All meats are very nicely prepared; I enjoyed the lamb while my wife preferred the garlic roast beef. Appetizer/Salad/Sides bar was well-stocked and tasty. The desserts were very good too. We would recommend Carnaval. Respectfully submitted, TastebudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We went here for my son's 19th birthday. We all had a blast...it was entertaining and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningArchiesMomDined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful evening that was a bit out of the ordinary. It was a unique experience with happy staff and an energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amazing!GeminiDined on 9/5/2014First time visit. Server did an excellent job at explaining the dining experience. Food was amazing! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely wonderful experience.. food, atmosphere, service--- everything comes together for the best dining experience in Sioux Falls! Thanks!Special Features:
- Grilled PineappleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Must try the grilled pineapple --- it is delicious.Special Features:
- Not the cheapest but very good foodSiouxfoofoodDined on 8/30/2014Probably on the upper end of the cost area but very good food. Environment was easy to talk to family. Waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatCLRSDined on 8/30/2014This is a really fun dining experience. Order the Rodizio Service and it is an endless buffet of meats brought tableside to you to enjoy. The food is cooked perfectly and the staff is very professional and knowledgeable about the menu. We took our 3 children (7-11) and they loved it. They also have a variety of live entertainment throughout the year so if you are wanting jazz, blues,or Latin, this is the place to go. The only downside is that it is a bit on the expensive side so this is a somewhere you would visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Thanks for yet another wonderful night! From salad station to dessert, a great experience!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING Fine DiningGB1976Dined on 8/23/2014We have visited Carnaval numerous times, and every time we visit, it is excellent! The food is unique and VERY good, and the ambiance is second to none. We have started bringing our children, and they can't get enough of the pineapple and the gauchos!Special Features:
- FunDakotaPoorBoyDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy our visits to Carnival. The food is always good and the service even better. The atmosphere is great although sometimes the music can be a little loud. Great place to meet or take friends and celebrate occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Consistently the best dining experience in Sioux Falls. Best desserts hands down in the area, definitely the best price for a meal of this caliber in Sioux Falls.Special Features:
- Come hungry, Leave STuffed.WorldTravelerSDDined on 8/20/2014good food, options for different budgets, definitely don't eat prior to dining here!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Everything was wonderful as usual. Service, food, atmosphere, music, it was all great!Special Features:
- Worth every pennyScruffDined on 8/13/2014Words can't describe how satisfied you'll be after eating here. The price may be a little bit higher than most dining spots, but the flavor of all the different meats, plus the fast and friendly service definately make up for that. With soothing music in background and the aroma of grilled pineapples,various meats, and wine this is an experience I would recommend to all my friends and family. I will be coming back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is hands down the best and most consistent higher end restaurant in Sioux Falls... Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Great evening.StickDined on 8/1/2014The food exceptional, the service excellent, and the atmosphere was what we were looking for. All the food was wonderful and the cinnamon pineapple was unbelievable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- The following 155 reviews are from the Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls reviews archive.
- Great place to entertain guestsmombojDined on 7/26/2014We chose Carnaval because we had a special house guest and knew it would be a fun dining experience. The salad bar is huge and the choices are familiar as well as unique. Good seasonal choices. Love the gauchos. Those men/boys are very friendly and polite--and they have a good sense of humor! We never try the hot bar. The salad bar and meat are a great meal and the pineapple is a bonus. If you can, try the desserts!! I recommend the ice cream. We will continue to take our guests to Carnaval because it is so unique and delicious! It's a treat for us, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badFruitsaladyummyyummyDined on 7/23/2014There was amazing food, we didnt have that well of service... We waited 20-30 mins before getting our bill where our waitress kept passing us seeing our plates were empty... And cards on red also drink glasses were done too... Place was only half packed too... Oh well, still great meat and pineapple was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.