Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
2401 S Carolyn Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57106Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carnavalbraziliangrill.com/
- Phone: 6053616328
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-8:00pm
Private luncheons and parties may be arranged with a manager outside of the above hours.
Our beautiful Patio is currently closed for the Winter and will reopen in the Spring. Central Standard Time (CST)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Most Fridays & Saturdays we offer live music (no cover charge); please call ahead for details. Special Monthly Jazz music events coming in 2011.
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners (limited seating). 4- or 5-course meals specifically paired with select wines; must RSVP.
A word from Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls
Carnaval is South Dakota's only Brazilian style steakhouse. From the churrasco/rodizio of meats, the sumptuous hot and cold dishes, to an incredible a-la-carte menu, or a signature pizza, there is something for everyone. We are located in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST).Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls - Best Restaurants in Sioux Falls ›
Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)romantic (39)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (33)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (12)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best Brazilian!patfix3Dined on 9/19/2014We have dined at many Brazilian Steakhouses around the country but Carnaval Brazilian Grill in Sioux Falls has continuously proven to be the best. The ambiance is always wonderful with live music on most weekend nights. The food is wonderful and endless. Finally, the staff is extremely helpful & friendly. We typically dine at this restaurant once per month and are always treated like family. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who asks (and some who do not). Try it out, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantluv2eatDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant has a nice quiet feel to it. The parmesan chicken is amazing, recommend that to anybody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average for this type of restaurantLuvinGCMDined on 9/15/2014Having eaten at a number of this kind of Brazilian restaurant I can say this one is average food quality. The variety of the food is certainly standard as it relates to the served meats, the salad bar is considerably less interesting than other Brazilian grills. The prices at this restaurant are probably right for the Sioux Falls Market, but they are also less than similar restaurants in other cities. The quality of the meet varied from quite tasty to quite in-edible. The Parmigiana coated beef received a resounding yuk from all 5 in our party. The chicken also was relatively tasteless. The Signature beef, the bacon wrapped beef topped the other side of the scale and were very enjoyable. The remaining options were not remarkable.
- AwesometwiggyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I enjoy eating here so much that we made plans to stop durning our vacation to the Black Hills. The food is abundant and the wait staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Sons birthdayOydieDined on 9/13/2014Took my son here for his birthday. He was thrilled over the selection of meats nod enjoyed the atmosphere. He said he's never tasted such delicious tender meat. My husband also enjoyed it. I ordered a sandwich off the menu which was good, but nothing outstanding. We enjoyed it a lot, but it is definitely a special occasion type of place......very pricey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- These Guys Know MeatTastebudDined on 9/9/2014Carnaval is centrally located with adequate parking. The gauchos carve various meats tableside at your bidding. All meats are very nicely prepared; I enjoyed the lamb while my wife preferred the garlic roast beef. Appetizer/Salad/Sides bar was well-stocked and tasty. The desserts were very good too. We would recommend Carnaval. Respectfully submitted, TastebudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We went here for my son's 19th birthday. We all had a blast...it was entertaining and a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningArchiesMomDined on 9/6/2014It was a wonderful evening that was a bit out of the ordinary. It was a unique experience with happy staff and an energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Amazing!GeminiDined on 9/5/2014First time visit. Server did an excellent job at explaining the dining experience. Food was amazing! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely wonderful experience.. food, atmosphere, service--- everything comes together for the best dining experience in Sioux Falls! Thanks!Special Features:
- Grilled PineappleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Must try the grilled pineapple --- it is delicious.Special Features:
- Not the cheapest but very good foodSiouxfoofoodDined on 8/30/2014Probably on the upper end of the cost area but very good food. Environment was easy to talk to family. Waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatCLRSDined on 8/30/2014This is a really fun dining experience. Order the Rodizio Service and it is an endless buffet of meats brought tableside to you to enjoy. The food is cooked perfectly and the staff is very professional and knowledgeable about the menu. We took our 3 children (7-11) and they loved it. They also have a variety of live entertainment throughout the year so if you are wanting jazz, blues,or Latin, this is the place to go. The only downside is that it is a bit on the expensive side so this is a somewhere you would visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/28/2014Thanks for yet another wonderful night! From salad station to dessert, a great experience!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING Fine DiningGB1976Dined on 8/23/2014We have visited Carnaval numerous times, and every time we visit, it is excellent! The food is unique and VERY good, and the ambiance is second to none. We have started bringing our children, and they can't get enough of the pineapple and the gauchos!Special Features:
- FunDakotaPoorBoyDined on 8/23/2014We always enjoy our visits to Carnival. The food is always good and the service even better. The atmosphere is great although sometimes the music can be a little loud. Great place to meet or take friends and celebrate occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/21/2014Consistently the best dining experience in Sioux Falls. Best desserts hands down in the area, definitely the best price for a meal of this caliber in Sioux Falls.Special Features:
- Come hungry, Leave STuffed.WorldTravelerSDDined on 8/20/2014good food, options for different budgets, definitely don't eat prior to dining here!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Everything was wonderful as usual. Service, food, atmosphere, music, it was all great!Special Features:
- Worth every pennyScruffDined on 8/13/2014Words can't describe how satisfied you'll be after eating here. The price may be a little bit higher than most dining spots, but the flavor of all the different meats, plus the fast and friendly service definately make up for that. With soothing music in background and the aroma of grilled pineapples,various meats, and wine this is an experience I would recommend to all my friends and family. I will be coming back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is hands down the best and most consistent higher end restaurant in Sioux Falls... Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Great evening.StickDined on 8/1/2014The food exceptional, the service excellent, and the atmosphere was what we were looking for. All the food was wonderful and the cinnamon pineapple was unbelievable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an enjoyable evening out.Special Features:
- Great place to entertain guestsmombojDined on 7/26/2014We chose Carnaval because we had a special house guest and knew it would be a fun dining experience. The salad bar is huge and the choices are familiar as well as unique. Good seasonal choices. Love the gauchos. Those men/boys are very friendly and polite--and they have a good sense of humor! We never try the hot bar. The salad bar and meat are a great meal and the pineapple is a bonus. If you can, try the desserts!! I recommend the ice cream. We will continue to take our guests to Carnaval because it is so unique and delicious! It's a treat for us, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and badFruitsaladyummyyummyDined on 7/23/2014There was amazing food, we didnt have that well of service... We waited 20-30 mins before getting our bill where our waitress kept passing us seeing our plates were empty... And cards on red also drink glasses were done too... Place was only half packed too... Oh well, still great meat and pineapple was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Brazilian steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Food and service were very good, if not quite exceptional. Staff was appropriately attentive. Overall, a good night out.
- ExquisiteOutoftownerDined on 7/19/2014I love this place. I wish we had one in my area. My daughter requested to dine here for both her SDSU graduation as well as her birthday celebration. The food was fantastic, the service immediate and friendly, and the atmosphere was very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysHazelidDined on 7/12/2014Carnaval is and shall always be a fun , relaxed , warm and delicious dining experience ..Everything albeit a lil noisy is exceptional .....Kudos to themSpecial Features:
- Must Have Experience!dinehappyDined on 7/7/2014Everyone should dine at a place like Carnaval at least once in their life. The experience is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceReeseDined on 7/5/2014I have had family and friends tell me how great this place was, but I really had no idea until I actually experienced it myself. Make sure to bring your appetite! All of the different meats were delicious and the servers kept coming around until I couldn't possibly eat anymore. My daughter loved the grilled pineapple and had three servings! I will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent!CmlovessteakDined on 7/5/2014The service was wonderful and the food was delicious. The gouchos never stopped coming and did a great job:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarnavalcarnavalbrazilianDined on 7/5/2014My server was amazing and the food was absolutely the BEST. I'm looking forward to next time! Thank you all so much! I couldn't of had a better experience! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds ExpectationsSFdinerDined on 6/28/2014Carnalval Brazilian Grill is one of the best Churascarias in the States. We have been to places in Minneapolis and New York City that have been wonderful and this Sioux Falls gem outperforms them. The Food is wonderful as is the ambience and live music on the weekends. The price is half of what you would pay in the big city. However, the thing that makes this place shine is the staff. The Gauchos from Brazil are the reason to go. They make you want to fly to Brazil!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingbeeDined on 6/28/2014They cancelled my reservation and gave away my table. And then were unable to make it right for me.
- Amazing Servicemeljo205Dined on 6/28/2014we had an amazing experience thanks to the servers & gauchosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MoseysDined on 6/24/2014We always enjoy eating at the Grill! Haven't had an unpleasant experience yet. We come when we can and bring special guests.Special Features:
- More Than We Expectedohana4foodDined on 6/21/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary with our children, and it was their first time at a Brazilian Grill; they enjoyed it immensely, as did we! Our waitress explained the menu & answered questions. She was very attentive in refilling drinks and checking on us, but didn't hover, which we appreciated. The gauchos constantly came to our table and we never had to wait. The food was delicious and worth the price; for us, the restaurant is a "special occasion" place. The live music was an added bonus, but at times the noise level made it difficult to hear our waitress and each other in conversation. Our anniversary celebration at Carnaval was outstanding and we're glad we chose it!Special Features:
- Fun to expience something uniquetomasDined on 6/14/2014The salad bar was wonderful. At the beginning the meat servers were quickly at our table. For a repeat serving we had to request 4 times, each time to a different waiter/employee. I liked the opportunity to try some Brazillian-spiced food.Special Features:
- nice placefirsttimedinerDined on 6/13/2014Never been there before and it was a great expierence. Was great service and wonderful salad bar. Some of the meats a bit undertone for my taste but overall I liked it. Music in the background was nice and not over bearing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb as alwaysJohnandMartyVIPDined on 6/11/2014The carrot cake was better than usual (and it is always excellent).. wonderful! The food, service, entire experience was spot on... one of the best places to dine in Sioux Falls.Special Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Carnaval Brazilian Grill - Sioux Falls reviews archive.
- randydvmDined on 5/17/2014As always, the food and service were outstanding. They do a great job of making sure you have plenty of opportunity to get the meat you'd like. Not to be overlooked is the great salad bar! There is a wide selection of delicious salads. I'm a carnivore at heart, but I have to be careful I don't fill up on the delicious "rabbit food" here. And once again the music was great, with another impressive solo artist, Kyle Knudson. When we travel to Sioux Falls for an evening out, Carnaval is our top choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.