1802 E. 7th Ave
Tampa, FL 33605Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carminesybor.com/
- Phone: 8132483834x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 9:00am-11:00 am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Jason Venazio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Amy Jean Smith for all private dining inquiries at 813-767-9071
- Private Party Contact: Amy Smith 8137679071x
A word from Carmine's
Carmine"s is located in the heart of Ybor City - Tampa's Latin Quarter. Carmine's specializes in dishes from Spain, Cuba and Italy. Enjoy dining on Seventh Avenue which is recognized as one of the "10 Great Streets in America" by the American Planning Association. Ybor City today is one of only two national historic landmark districts in Florida. Lunchtime diners can expect anything from a pressed Tampa Cuban sandwich served with yellow rice and black beans, Cuban marinated Quarter Baked Chicken or our Cuban Roast Pork, oven roasted in a mojo marinade. For dinner Carmine's prides itself on fresh Oysters, fresh fileted Gulf Grouper, Angus Beef, Italian Sausage, Pasta and Homemade Sauces. We invite you to step into Carmine's Seventh Avenue and enjoy an eclectic blend of the best that Ybor City has to offer. Only at Carmine's!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Bad service, horrible foodMich20Dined on 8/9/2014Everything that was ordered in my art if 7 was either cold, undercooked or had no flavor. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The service was slow and it seemed the waiter didn't know what he was doing. We asked the hostess for a kids menu and she said they don't have physical menus, the waiters know it in their head. Really?? It was ridiculous!!
- FantasticHISSDined on 7/31/2014First our service was fantastic, second the food and the Expesso Martini was outragious . my next visit to Ybor City will include Carmines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiveConnieDined on 7/26/2014Service was VERY slow. Probably not go again. There were only 4 tables. Two big parties. One waitress had both large tables and was unable to give good service. Need to prioritize their staff. Food was Ok, small portions
- Decent food, bad serviceLam2047Dined on 7/19/2014I went her with my boyfriend because we had to meet friends nearby in Ybor. I had read some reviews saying the service was poor, and they were correct. Our server kept disappearing for lengths at a time. At one point, there was not one restaurant employee, including the hostess, anywhere to be found. I honestly wondered if they were having a staff meeting at 8pm on a Saturday night. It was bizarre and ruined the experience but the food was good enough. Nothing special. Also, bring a sweater. I was so painfully cold here (they have a multitude of fans blowing so you can't escape the cold air hitting you) I had to step outside a few times to warm up.
- it was good - not great.kco45VIPDined on 7/8/2014It was OK. Had the filet pasta. Steak was well done even though I ordered medium rare. Flavor was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful old standard!cecemVIPDined on 7/7/2014Carmine's has been here for years but it never fails to provide an authentic taste of Ybor with a great view of 7th Ave!Special Features:
- Fan for years!CarmineLoverDined on 5/25/2014Carmine's has been a dining tradition in my family for years. My mother knew Carmine when he was alive and his restaurant is one of our family's hot spots. Carmine's is always enjoyable and we love the service, food and ambiance. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestSprtslvrDined on 5/11/2014While it was Mother's Day, the restaurant was not anywhere close to full capacity, yet the service was very slow, the food average, and there was no sense of urgency. There appeared to be no recognition of the slow service, including the fact that the owner, Carmine himself, walked around kissing people without realizing the people with whom he interacted with had been waiting quite a while for their meals. This is not what I would expect fromSpecial Features:
- Very Good Dinner, Great SettingSteveDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I had a very good dinner at Carmines. I had Chicken Alfredo which was creamy, thick and the chicken was juicy. My wife had the Lasanga which she enjoyed as well. It was too sweet for my taste, almost like they used breakfast sausage. The space is unique and pleasant, the staff was very good. If I have one complaint it's the cans Coke/Pepsi. If you want 1, 2 or 3 Coke's while you're there you'll need to buy 1,2, or 3 cans of Coke. But the meal was enough to over come the Coke issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot Does Not = FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014My wife and I went for a night out without the kids. We met and host with an attitude the moment we walked in. Our server was very good and the ambience was quite nice. The food was very mediocre, a real disappointment. The wine glass was not completely clean. We are people that eat out frequently, this restaurant is not on our return list.
- The following 5 reviews are from the Carmine's reviews archive.
- Not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Crowded, noisy, slow service. Ambience was interesting, but not compelling. Food was satisfying, but not terrific.Special Features:
- Average Food, Slow Kitchentampa4foodVIPDined on 2/15/2014It took 45 minutes to get a burger, and it was worse than a drive through burger. Not worth the fuss and wait time. certainly not going back.
- Valentines Day MassacrewilburDined on 2/14/2014I call it massacre, because Carmine's staff just killed it. It was by far the best resteraunt my wife and I have eaten at since we have been here. The food was really good and the staff was beyond compare. Thanks Carmine for the best Valentines day ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Great food, great service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- old-old customerneverskydivingagainVIPDined on 12/26/2013I've been coming to this place for over 20 years, picking someone up at the airport gave me an excuse to have my entire immediate family go there this particular night. I always order grilled palomilla with onions are parsley, but my family each have their own favorites, steak milanesia, chicken parm, cuban sandwiches, spanish bean soup, gorganzola salad, and their roasted chicken dish is pretty good too, prepared sort of similar to some asado places in Spain. They keep changing their decor, which is fine since I haven't seen the changes as negative, but I do miss the sidebar Zion that they used to have their, but that's been long gone. As Ybor keeps changing, this place I hope is always there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.