Carmine's - Washington DC
425 7th Street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2027377770
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 11:30am to 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 11:30am to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Terry Natas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine"s classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door. Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection. Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Parties of 15 or more will choose from abundant, specially designed four course menus created by our Executive Chef.
Come celebrate your corporate event, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding or a just night out with old friends with the Carmine's family. We invite you to share Carmine's style! Abbondanza!
- Cross Street: between E and D street on 7th street
- Public Transit: Metro Trains information. .14 miles from Carmine"s on Metro Stop Archives- Navy Memorial Penn Quarter 701 Pennsylvania Avenue Washington D.C. 20004- Come off the train and head north on 7th street NW toward D street NW. Carmine's is on the right. .21 miles from Carmine's on metro stop Gallery PI- Chinatown 630 H Street NW Washington D.C 20001. Co
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Entrance to parking garage is on E street. Address to parking garage is 616 E Street NW Washington 20004. The parking garage has an elevator entrance into Carmine's above. Valet parking is available nightly after 5pm.
A word from Carmine's - Washington DC
Carmine’s is a family style, value-driven restaurant concept with locations in NYC, NJ, Nassau Bahamas, and Washington DC. Restaurateur Artie Cutler created Carmine’s with one goal in mind: to open a restaurant that would serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast, featuring extra large portions of home-style antipasto, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on extra large platters designed for sharing. Carmine’s is the perfect place to casually enjoy friends and family over great food and wine, with excellent service, the way it used to be at grandma’s house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Carmine's - Washington DC - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Carmine's - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (209)special occasion (102)kid-friendly (94)fit for foodies (78)neighborhood gem (53)great for lunch (41)romantic (25)hot spot (23)notable wine list (21)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Outstanding dinner event. Food was the best... Very large meals, family style dinning. Good service. Great food, and atmosphere. Highly Recommand it.Special Features:
- We expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014I was hoping this was a fluke but from speaking with others in our party this isnt the first time they'd experienced problems at this location. Everything started off well and our server was great. But the food was just ok, it arrived at the table just barely warm and one of the main dishes we came for (fried calamari) they were out of. We'll be rethinking another visit.
- Excellent family style ItalianJordanVIPDined on 10/18/2014Carmine's is what Maggiano's wishes it was. I grew up going to the NYC branch in the theatre district, and I was skeptical when I heard a branch was opened in DC. I wasn't sure if they could live up to the original. They most certainly do. My number one tip for going to Carmine's is bring a big group, the bigger the better. It is family style, and the portions are enormous. You'll want to order a lot. They are super accommodating; many dishes that are not vegetarian traditionally can be made vegetarian if you just ask. My recommendations include the stuffed artichoke, eggplant parmesan, fried zucchini, and penne vodka. If you're there on a Sunday the four pasta special is fantastic. I have never had a bad meal at Carmine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere!HappynottocookDined on 10/18/2014This was a delicious family friendly restaurant with great food, great prices, and great service! First time at a Carmine's and I hope to go back soon!Special Features:
- awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014the food, as always was excellent. Hostess wasn't very nice but we ended up not letting that affect our experience.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was very good and the service was better. Our waitress took her time to explain the dishes. She was friendly and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungry with consensusOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Food was very good The way food is served is far too large a portion excepting for the. Largest of parties and even then only if they have consensus on what to eat. Main courses are about $30 each and are enormous. A good value for quantity but only if all in your party will eat it I would suggest they offer a normal single size and a family platter option. Without this change I know we won't be returning anytime soonSpecial Features:
- Great fun dining experienceFallsChurch53yrlocalDined on 10/13/2014Excellent service and an all around great experience. The dishes are family size, so one dish can feed 4 average diners. We were a party of 6 and ordered an appetizer and a salad to share with 2 main dishes and there was plenty for all. So though the dishes appear expensive, they really are not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ExperiencetrynewplacesDined on 10/12/2014The food was very good. I recommend the chicken marsala. The location (a block away from the Verizon Center) was a bit busy, but the valet parking made it easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group hugSuzyQDined on 10/11/2014A lot of good food. Very very noisy. Hard to hear companions or waitress. Go with a group. Portions largeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all-aroundCw4rpdunnDined on 10/11/2014Carmine's restaurant is amazing. The food are great, especially the desserts. Despite a number of large groups the noise level was low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Keeps Me Coming Back For MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Overall, I wish I could've given this place a perfect 5 stars if it wasn't for the hostess. Her greeting and attitude was very coarse when she thought we were an hour late for our reservation. I called and spoke with a woman (not sure if it was the hostess) 3 hours prior to our reservation at 3:00 PM to change it to 4:00 PM. We arrive a few minutes before 4:00 PM. I greet her with my name and say we have a reservation for 4:00 PM. She snarks back "Do you know reservation was for 3:00 PM?!" I replied "Yes, it was, but I called ahead and changed it for an hour later." She barely let me get my sentence out before she waves us off with "Nevermind! You can seat them over there."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 34th Birthday!ExcitedDined on 10/9/2014I brought my lover here for his birthday and he had an amazing time!!! Ideal seating near the bar, stellar food and what puts this venue over the top is that the place was packed!!! Kudos to the staff and operations for making this occasion Excellent:) with such a full house. I'm excited, we are very happy:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungryDespotDined on 10/9/2014This is a spot that is perfect for large groups, because of the size of the menu items. If only two people, order either a salad, to split or an entree which is on the smaller size. Also to split. Both ravioli, and lasagna fit the bill. If after the entree, you are still hungry, try the Tugboat. You won't finish it, but you will have fun trying.Special Features:
- BobJDined on 10/8/2014As always, the food is great. My first choice when guests are in town. This time however was the first time I ever experience poor service from a waiter/waitress which was embarrassing when I was entertaining 3 colleagues from out of town. On a positive note, the one gentleman who served the food was on top of his game and provided what the waiter did not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Time HereMM5250Dined on 10/7/2014I have been told by coworkers to go to Carmies and i see what they mean the food is great it's too much for 2 people you need a definatly need a group of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeMsw1218Dined on 10/5/2014I have been to the Carmine's in NYC and the dc one did not disappoint. Great food, very nice wait staff and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dineSMLDDined on 10/5/2014Carmines is typically a consistent good place to dine. This is a great place for families and groups to dine.Special Features:
- Carmines - a dissapointmentKarenDined on 10/4/2014This was our second time at Carmines in Washington DC. We also have been to others in Atltantic City and NYC. We had a nice table by the window. Our server tried and was attentive. However, our food came out barely warm. We sent both back. Husband, daughter & I wanted our chicken parm and ravioli hot. Unfortunately - it came out lukewarm the second time around. We were dissapointed and probably would not go back. The chocolate bread pudding wasn't great either. Will be checking other italian restaurants the next time.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Service was great. If plan on going make sure you go on an empty stomachSpecial Features:
- Dinner Review for 10/4/14lovetoeatDined on 10/4/2014Food was great! It was a relaxed atmosphere. It was a good family atmosphere. Service was very good. The waiter was very helpful with assisting with the menu selections. He was very nice. My family and I enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceOdesseVIPDined on 10/4/2014Usually great experience and awesome food. I think I came at a bad time. Never go around 3pm on Sunday. They start turn-over for dinner at 4pm.
- Terrific!DiningDined on 10/3/2014Food platters were abundant and delicious! Service was excellent! We look forward to returning to Carmine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentExcellentDined on 10/2/2014A group of 6 of us went to celebrate a 22nd Birthday. The guest of honor made all the plate choices, which were delicious. Carmines was the right choice.Special Features:
- Tried the bar menuFormerFedVIPDined on 10/1/2014We began with my girlfriend's favorite: the stuffed artichokes. As usual, we only finished one of the two provided, so she had something to look forward to for breakfast. She negotiated with the friendly barkeep and got a pasta dish on the bar menu transformed into a tasty version of shrimp scampi, with a very generous amount of garlic. I got the cold Italian submarine, which was delicious. I took half of it home for my breakfast the following day. We decided we will eat at the bar on future visits to Carmine's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you asked me the difference...EaterEEDDined on 10/1/2014If you asked me what the difference between Carmine's and Buca di Beppo is, I wouldn't be able to tell you.Special Features:
- Unusual menu styleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/1/2014The extensive menu was on the wall, which was fine, but it didn't have the detail of all the dishes. The waiter was very nice, but neither he nor we had time for him to describe every dish we were interested in. This was especially important due to the size of the portions. Entrees are sized for 3-4 people, so a party of two should share a dish. I eat low card and no veal, which makes me very picky. My wife was not interested in the dishes I wanted. Eventually the waiter suggested we move to the bar area where lunch portions were available. We moved and started over. Unfortunately none of the dishes I wanted were available in the lunch sub-menu. We managed to pick something, but by the time we finished we were late to a play.Special Features:
- Carmines againJackVIPDined on 9/30/2014Our group meets at Carmines every few months. . .we have always enjoyed it thereSpecial Features:
- Delecious NY italian for big groupsCarminesVIPDined on 9/28/2014If you have an Italian family from New York or New Jersey, they will probably be picky about their Italian food. Carmine's delivers a great family style Italian dinner with huge portions and perfectly spiced sauces for the pastas and meats. The seemingly high prices are worth it based on the portion sizes. We enjoyed veal parm, chicken marsala, angel hair pasta with marinara, fried zucchini cut thin, and a very good mixed green salad. The service was only fair for us, possibly due in part to a change in waitstaff midway through our meal. We found ourselves waiting for the waiter and getting up to find extra setups rather than wait for the server to come around. That may have been a fluke though. We recommend Carmine's highly.Special Features:
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The steak was great I was not except it to be that good. The service was slow for lunch it was only about 40 people the water was slow.Special Features:
- winechicDined on 9/27/2014Whether lunch with friends during the work week, drinks at the bar, date night, or family date night, service and food is consistent and great! After a couple of dining experiences here, I was excited to take my family to enjoy some Italian style dining, and was pleased that we experienced a family friendly environment on a late evening in DC. Portions are generous, we ordered two full platters and an appetizer, plenty for left overs for the next day for a family of five and a few meals. The calamari is our favorite appetizer and for dessert the whole family enjoyed the bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian foodItalianatheartDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful, just as good at Carmine's on Broadway Just like being at Mama's for Sunday dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnDined on 9/27/2014Always good food and service just like NYC locationsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014WISH THERE WERE CARMINES IN OUR HOME STATE OF FLORIDA--WE HAVE VISITED CARMINES IN NYC & WASH DC MANY TIMESSpecial Features:
- Great food and service!culaiterDined on 9/20/2014Previously ordered take-out for office parties and attended a private party. Booked early (5 mons in advance) for dinner party of 10. Extensive menu selection, service staff courteous and efficient. Whole dining experience very enjoyable and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick bite to eatGirlsnightDined on 9/20/2014well not so quick but the quality of the food made up for the slowness. our waiter was great.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!YummyDined on 9/19/2014Awesome meal. The service was fabulous. Our server took great care of us. She knew the menu so well and helped us determine what we should have for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Slow Serviceartboy40Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. My mom always said to start a conversation about anything with a positive first. The service was good, but it was extremely slow. I was very surprised. There was a huge amount of staff available. The wait on the food, desert, and the check took away from the meal and the great atmosphere. MonteraSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellent food and valueOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/15/2014I've eaten here a few times over the past year, and have eaten at the NYC location as well. Consistent every time, with overall excellent southern Italian food. Large portions meant for groups or really big eaters. Wine selection is small, but good and reasonably priced. This time we had the baked clams, linguine with white clam sauce, chicken parm, and garlic bread with cheese. I would recommend all of these without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTangiChroniclesDined on 9/14/2014Omg the food was so good, I could have licked the plate! The chicken parmigiano (sp) was the best Ive ever had. If you like frozen drinks, order the blood orange Margarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.