10463 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Carmine's - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carminesla.com/
- Phone: 3104414706
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Carmine Competelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Carmine's offers not only our entire comprehensive menu, but a myriad of Carmine's personal favorite off-menu Italian cuisine. However, with over 30 years in the restaurant industry, Executive Chef Carmine Competelli, can prepare a wide variety of other popular dishes and cuisines. From small dinner parties of 10 or more to large scale corporate events come see us when planning your next soiree.
- Private Party Contact: Carmine 3104414706
- Entertainment: Carmine's Piano Bar - Call for schedule and events.
From the kitchen's of Italy and trattorias' of New York's Little Italy, to the tables of Carmine's Restaurant, owner Carmine Competelli and partner Kim Pappaterra serve up delicious meals, unique wines, warm hospitality, and outstanding service to their guests weekly. Carmine's plays host to everyone from Hollywood elites, Century City's business community, longtime regulars, to neighbors and families in a cozy, relaxed upscale bistro setting.
Chicken Parmigiana, Sole Sorrento, Kim's Mom's Sausage, Baked Ziti, Bistecca Di Fiorentina,and the best Meat Sauce and homemade Tiramisu on the West Coast are just a sampling of our most beloved dishes.
The full bar, eclectic wine list, daily specials, and late night live entertainment insure we have something for everyone. Every night is a party at Carmine, and your invitation is always open! Pace, Salute, Amore!
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Simply put - a CLASSIC.vixjenDined on 10/1/2014Carmine's is and always has been superb. The best in local Italian dining, Carmine offers quality without pretense. I have been enjoying this restaurant for many years and look forward to doing so for years to come. Make sure you have a reservation, and an appetite. There isn't a thing on the menu that doesn't remind me of my Italian grandmother's best homemade meals, and if you're ever on the fence about a menu item or a daily special, always go with the special because they are top notch!Special Features:
- FlashlightsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Come on! Just add a couple if watts! The wait staff should not have to furnish flashlights to read the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIVIDDined on 8/15/2014too noisy to converse at our own table. I won't be able to bring our friends there again.Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Carmine's - Los Angeles reviews archive.
- Picky Italians love itErinMcPsychDined on 6/18/2014My grandmother is my favorite Italian cook so I am very particular about my Italian cuisine. Carmine's was incredible! Absolutely delicious!! Fresh quality ingredients, flavorful, not too rich or overwhelming with garlic. I have gotten one of the nightly specials both times I've gone. Highly recommend! Jamie is an excellent server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and nice atmosphereFoodDined on 6/4/2014I had filet of soul and it was delicious. My son had shrimp and it was a little tough. Very good flavor. Great service and nice atmosphere. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Little RestaurantRitaVIPDined on 2/8/2014This is a really nice, old-fashioned friendly Italian American restaurant. Their Black and White pizza is amazingly good as an appetizer. The proprietor is friendly and boisterous, and we liked him even though he complained that Open Table took personal relationships out of booking reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hey how ya doing?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2014Carmine's 2 is a neighborhood favorite for over 40 years. This romantic establishment is family owned and operated. The staff is extremely friendly and very knowledgable. Great food and good times!Special Features:
- Everyone should support this gem!MJFOODIEVIPDined on 1/4/2014For those who appreciate traditional Italian food (also great specials!), this is a rare find in Los Angeles. It feels as if you've walked off the street from L.A. and in to a NYC restaurant. Service and friendly and welcoming, the food is always superb, the wine list fantastic. It's a small "neighborhood" restaurant on Santa Monica Blvd, and they deserve to be supported. I encourage everyone to try it at least once since I know you'll go back once you do!Special Features:
- Great!TonyVIPDined on 11/26/2013Had never been before...read other reviews on OT and decided to try and....very glad we did. Everything was perfect...they have a great menu with several dishes...I personally had the Baked Ziti and it was DELICIOUS. They have a nice wine list as well.Special Features:
- Very pretty, excellent serviceBradfordBDined on 11/18/2013Very pretty, excellent service experienced. Bread plate had to be removed & exchanged as it appeared greasy..like a prior customer used it and the plate was not bussed. Same issue with a water glass, it had to be replaced, full of water & ise, yet an obvious smudge of whatlooked like chocolate on the rim..ick. Caesar saladsvery fresh though my wife said her lettuce was a bit wilted...what happened to table side made Caesar they stated on web site? Salads made up in kitchen, we did ask for anchovie and they glady garnished them at our request. Gnocchi was good with meat sauce but again "good" not great. Sauce could be enhanced. Wife"s Veal Marsala was very good but not "great." Carmine's is worth another try but the Chef needs to kick it up!Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceNotQuiteGourmandVIPDined on 11/16/2013A little noisy. A large group arrived while we were there, and the decibel level went up and up. Otherwise we loved the food, the décor and the overall vibe. It reminded us of some of the great Italian restaurants in Brooklyn in our youth before Brooklyn became "hip."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't hear my date!FEDUPDined on 11/12/2013To LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT VERY ROMANTIC WHEN YOU CAN'T HEAR YOUR DATE!!!! To EXPENSIVE for Special WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!!!!!
- great as alwayslisaVIPDined on 10/5/2013..food the best, nice valet parking, the actual owner is often there hosting, seating and visiting with customers...best little Italian restaurant in the westside ! Always a great experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pop-up kitchenToddDined on 7/28/2013We had a wonderful experience with the preset 5-course meal. Each item was great, but especially the Hamachi salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back in time to Carmine'sALHLVIPDined on 2/26/2013Some neighborhood friends rec. Carmine's...it brought back old and great memories of an era gone by, where we took our children growing up, where we were treated like family, and got anything we wanted to eat! Not much has changed except the people. Hearty, Italian food, with lots of flavor, more than you can eat! Friendly waiters, hot food, home-like atmosphere...we loved it.Special Features:
- Neat old Italian restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2012Neat old Italian restaurant. Very nice and accommodating althought the sauces were more tomato paste and less Italian zest than I like.Special Features:
- Salmon was cooked perfectly.JunekidDined on 10/30/2012Salmon was cooked perfectly. Somewhat disappointed in the tiramisu; not enough coffee / liqueur flavor, tasted mostly like whipped cream. But the service and attentivness were top notch.Special Features:
- Back after 34 yearsJohnVIPDined on 10/13/2012Carmine's opened in 1972. At that time I worked I in Century Citi and lived two blocks from Carmine's so I ate at Carmine's quite frequently until I moved to Orange County in 1978. I may have been back since but I can't recall. At any rate Carmine's was fabulous. My wife and I loved everything about it. We are not frequently in LA but will eat at Carmine's every time that we are.Special Features:
- The food was superb and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The food was superb and the service excellent. We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Classic, Romantic Italian MealKimbafaceVIPDined on 10/2/2012I went to the original Carmine's back as a kid in the 70's. It was my mom's 79th birthday so I thought we'd go back. The service there is always great (I often go for lunch). We had an eggplant appetizer that was wonderful. I had Veal Saltimbocca (yum) and mom had Piccata. Unfortunately hers was a little touch which is why I'm giving the food 4 stars.Special Features:
- What the world is missing-MateoDined on 9/28/2012I love Carmine's. I am from Seattle, but travel to Los Angeles frequently. I have been to large group parties and sat at a table for two several times Over the last 10 years. Carmine's is a very special, unique, delicious, enjoyable, stand apart family owned restaurant that I plan on visiting each time I get to LA. Thank you Carmine!Special Features:
- I have not been to the restaurantFoodieDined on 9/14/2012I have not been to the restaurant for more than 10 years and thought I gave it a try since I remembered the food to be pretty good. But I must either remembered it incorrectly or the restaurant has changed hands. It is one of the worst Italian meal I ever had. My pasta was not only drowned in tomato sauce but it was not even good tomato sauce. Though the service was excellent, I will not want to come back here.
- This place is small but cozy.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/11/2012This place is small but cozy. The servers are very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious! Great for Italian lovers.Special Features:
- Old school, big plate pastas.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012Old school, big plate pastas. Tasty enough, but priced like much more innovative food. Won't be going back.
- Excellent personable service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Excellent personable service. Great food. Relaxing, calm atmosphere.Special Features:
- After a hectic week at work,JakesDined on 9/1/2012After a hectic week at work, it was a pleasure dining in a restaurant that had great food, quiet atmosphere and terrific service. My husband and I sat at a table in the quaint bar area since we wanted to watch the football game that evening. The bartender (Jeanine?) was a very attentive server and offered her suggestions. The food was delicious and the service was even better! Jeanine made us two special order dessert coffees that was one of the best we ever had.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food and ServiceHighlyImpressedVIPDined on 8/25/2012Everything was exceptional from the minute we arrived. The food and service (David is an awesome waiter) couldn't have been better. We will definitely go back during our next visit to LA.Special Features:
- Great old school feel andOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2012Great old school feel and excellent service. Food was very good, and even better with the ambiance.
- Flashback to the 70s!itsbob826VIPDined on 7/27/2012Old skool Italiano right off Beverly Glen, it's been there forever. Darkest restaurant I have ever been to, so if you're sharing a meal with someone you're not supposed to be out with, this is the place! :-)Special Features:
- Very disappointingLiz470VIPDined on 7/21/2012The food was mediocre. The service was not friendly and the noise level was intolerable. Big disappointment!
- ALWAYS IMPRESSED!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/21/2012WE HAD THE MOST AMAZING DINNER! THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC AS USUAL! OUR SERVER WAS INCREDIBLY CHARMING AND ATTENTIVE. A WONDERFULLY ROMANTIC AND DELICIOUS DINING EXPERIENCE!Special Features:
- Great food, good wind, fastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012Great food, good wind, fast and friendly service. Not sure how you csn ask for more than that. I recommend the Black and White Pizza as a appitizer. Been here three times and its always great. Love this place! Wish I lived closer.Special Features:
- From the moment you enterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2012From the moment you enter you are made to feel welcome. And the food is great too so it is a winning combination.Special Features:
- Real Italian mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/23/2012A meal at Carmine's is like being invited to dine at the home of a really great cook with a very large family. It's a bit of a surprise to find such a great meal in an unassuming little building with a graffiti-covered sign, in a room that looks like it's trapped in the 1970s, but trust the reviews - the food is great. The service is a bit boistererous, but friendly and well-informed, and fits into the overall boistererous tone of the room. If you're looking for an authentic Italian-American meal without a fuss, this is your place.Special Features:
- This hidden gem is withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2012This hidden gem is without a doubt one of the best Italian restaurants in the city. The food is always top notch, and the service is friendly and entirely professional. Great ambiance too.Special Features:
- What a cool joint! SmallOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2012What a cool joint! Small place with a great feel to it. The food and the service were wonderful!Special Features:
- Its the place whcih is CLASSIC...goNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 5/19/2012Its the place whcih is CLASSIC...go for the atmosphere more than the food! Wonderful wait staff and Carmine is great!Special Features:
- We had passed by this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/12/2012We had passed by this restaurant for 30 years and had never gone in but a friend told us she eats there all the time so we gave it a try about a year ago and eat there all the time now. The ambiance is like a NY restaurant, the wait staff treats you like family the food is consistant and they have music on FGriday and Saturday evenings. What could be better than that?Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantPaciVIPDined on 5/12/2012I had the Veal Parmesan. It can with spinach and penne pasta. All was very good. The service was excellent and the wines were good, as well.Special Features:
- Excellent fine dining.OccDocDined on 4/28/2012Exceptional rissotto. Perfectly cooked seafood. Attentive service.Special Features: