Carmine's La Trattoria - Kendall
11745 Sherri Ln
Miami, FL 33183Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's La Trattoria - Kendall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmineslatrattoria.com/
- Phone: 7864338687x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Garcia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Carmine"s offers family style catering for pick-up or delivery. Please contact our Banquet Coordinator, Eleni, to schedule onsite or offsite catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Carmine"s is the perfect place to schedule your next event. From large parties to small intimate gatherings, we can make your event dream a reality. Carmine's has both indoor and outdoor dining with lake views. Our elegant indoor private dining room is elevated and can be closed off from the rest of the dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Eleni 7864338681x
- Entertainment: Carmine"s features live entertainment including Italian Opera Singers, DJs, and Italian accordion player. Please call us to find out about specific nights of the week as we like to vary our entertainment.
A word from Carmine's La Trattoria - Kendall
Carmine"s La Trattoria Restaurant features traditional Italian cuisine and four star quality and service without the stuffy atmosphere. The Trattoria is regularly recognized by critics for the ambiance and delicious food including a Best Italian Restaurant award by the Palm Beach Post and the Golden Spoon award by Boca Life Magazine.Our flagship restaurant, located in Palm Beach Gardens, grew from our award winning, nationally recognized, full service Gourmet Market and features only the freshest ingredients and unique foods from around the world. From the tempting food, to the beautiful views and exceptional service, it is easy to see why our customers continue to return year after year. Having enjoyed over 25 years of success in Palm Beach Gardens, we opened our second location in Kendall in 2012.At both locations, our guests can enjoy peaceful outdoor waterside dining area, a full liquor and wine bar, facilities for parties, and live entertainment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's La Trattoria - Kendall reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (15)romantic (14)scenic view (14)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Food was not goodMelissaVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went in a big group & we all felt the food was way overpriced for the quality. Lasagna was not good and the chicken and pasta was very very bland. Better meal at Olive Garden. Will not be returningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent and service very good. The noise level, even though the restaurant was not full at the time was too high to carry on a meaningful conversation. This was compounded by a Sinatra wannabe singer who was OK, but the music and noise precluded conversation. It is curious that the bar did not have Tanqueray gin and had a selection of single-malt Scotch that was overpriced and did not include my favorites.Special Features:
- The risotto was very good!!oneluv11Dined on 9/12/2014The sangria was fresly made and had a well balanced flavor! The atmosphere was lively yet we were able to have conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KRodDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious! Our waitress was good. She was friendly and accommodating. She brought the kids food out first which is always helpful. My only constructive criticism would be that the kitchen was slow. It took longer than it should to get the adult entrees. The app came out quickly but dinner was noticeably delayed and it wasn't super crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianExelentVIPDined on 8/31/2014Delicious Italian meals and great entertainment on Sunday'sSpecial Features:
- SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I have been to Carmine's in Kendall twice with my family of 4. The ambience is terrific & energetic for everyone to enjoy. Music, singers, good location, terrific outdoor patio, nice bar, and the FOOD is Great!! BUT ONE problem. SERVICE, SERVICE, SERVICE. It seems to me that on weekends the busboys, and waiters are not moving to the pace necessary to provide excellent service. No utensils on the tables, we had to ask for them. Water service came to our table after 10 minutes of sitting there and only because we flagged down the busboys. Waitress was very slow to take our orders, poor quality of following up with us, we had to flag her down for additional service. CARMINE'S needs to fix this SERVICE issue on the weekends ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great west kendall spotTAK7178Dined on 8/20/2014It's a very nice place with a boutique feel even though it needs to cater to to the very large West kendall population. All and all a very pleasant find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Place!ExelentVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was delicious as always but service was very disappointing this time, Giselle the server did not bring the bread, I had to ask for it, when she serve the wine she split it on the table and did not clean it. I go to this reataurant at least once a month, love to dine on sundays but experiencing bad service does not make me feel to go back.Special Features:
- HostRayCDined on 8/14/2014Eric was great,with him singing and his personality was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VistaDined on 8/9/2014It was good think will come back terrace sitting but it was to hotSpecial Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceDmallgyrlDined on 7/31/2014I'm so happy that I tried this restaurant using a groupon. It was a great deal. The food was great and the service was excellent. Great view of the fountain over town & country. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- DeliciousExelentVIPDined on 7/20/2014Outside sitting facing the lake and water fountain a plus. Food was good and authentic Italian flavor and delicious, eggplant parmigiana and frutti-di-mare is a must. How wine "Merlot" excellent choice.Special Features:
- Nice Experience...trotadorDined on 7/15/2014This restaurant is conveniently located, old town n country mall in kendall. Outside sitting facing the lake and water fountain a plus. Food was good and authentic italian flavor. Red sangria nicely done. Waiter was very attentive, informed about recomending and describing the entire menu. He provided an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian PlaceExelentVIPDined on 7/6/2014Food was delicious but service need to improve, took very long to get each plate even the bread.Special Features:
- Sad serviceLouiseDined on 7/2/2014I have eatten at the Carmine's in Palm Beach and had a lovely meal and service. Unfortunately this Carmine's did not even come close. We chose to eat in the bar area so we could partake of the happy hour. This was a mistake. Apparently there are no dedicated servers for this area and so for the whole night we were served by a variety of different servers but nobody seemed to be in charge. Consequently the service was not consistent and we had to ask for service on several occasions. This was kind of odd as the restaurant was not busy (also not a good sign). Someone (he never identified himself) did come to check on us but things really did not improve. The food was good and they did give us free limoncellos but I doubt we will be back.
- Great for GroupsamyjessDined on 6/28/2014The family size appetizer was great. Everything we ordered was consistent. Highly recommend. Service was outstanding-we were constantly being checked on. We felt very taken care of. Lovely space, roomy with a nice view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can't stand the heat...luvlee17Dined on 6/27/2014Loved the design, the lounge singer and how he got the whole restaurant singing with him. The food was good, stick to the pastas. My only complaint, was that it was a bit hot inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereTammyDined on 6/18/2014The restaurant has a very nice feeling. I felt as if I was in Italy. Food was ok. Nothing great, but still a nice place to eat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Need to fix the a /c Food was good Service averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kendalleaterDined on 6/15/2014The food was good; the dish (pasta w/ salmon and asparagus) could have had more of those ingredients. Service was adequate but not outstanding in that it was somewhat slow. Would have liked a small salad to be part of the entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- danny bdaymartyVIPDined on 6/12/2014everything was so good,. especially the sangria that they make, we had the white oneSpecial Features:
- Just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014Everything about the restaurant was just ok. Not great and not bad. We went on a slow night so it was more than half empty. We still ended up being seated at a broken table. We made the waiter aware but nothing was done. We had to specifically ask to move. Other than that the waiter was pretty attentive. The food wasn't bad but not great enough to be worth the menu price in my opinion. The plating was nothing special to look at and a little messy on some of the dishes. It was just an ok experience. I would not go back and pay full price again.Special Features:
- cariocaVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were seated promptly, the waiter was very attentive, the restaurant is well decorated and attractive, but the food was only fair. The menu prices are very reasonable. We ordered veal osobuco, which was priced at twice most entrees and were disappointed in the dish, which we judged to be only mediocre. The calamari was a bit better, but, like the house cabernet savignon, still only fair. It is a pity because every other aspect of this restaurant was appealing.Special Features:
- TrishDined on 6/4/2014I wish the food was as beautiful as the restaurant. Overpriced and not very good.
- The following 13 reviews are from the Carmine's La Trattoria - Kendall reviews archive.
- Great Italian FoodBubbaDined on 5/25/2014Enjoyed the dinning experience Great food excellent service and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- HUSBANDS BDAYmartyVIPDined on 5/15/2014IT WAS VERY PRETTY AND SOME OF THE FOOD I LIKED. THE FAMILY APPETIZERS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. THE SANGRIA SO SO GOOD PRICING ON WINESpecial Features:
- " UNIQUE PLACE "CHARLIEDined on 5/14/2014I WILL RECOMMEND THIS PLACE AND MY WAITER CARLOS (5 STARS) TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS. NICE PLACE TO CELEBRATE OUR 27 ANNIVERSARY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WONDERFUL NIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitTerryDined on 5/11/2014As my first time visit, took my mom for mothers day. It was crowded. The attention was superb. My reservations were at 8pm and we got in there before the time. We loved the food. The prices were reasonable. We enjoyed the live singing SINATRA NIGHT. Great idea for customers. Scenic was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Poor service that does not match the relative high price of this Kendall Italian restaurant. There is no sense of proper leadership from management. Not once did a manager visit our table. Hostesses are disorganized. Servers act like they don't want to be there. Overall the restaurant is staffed with young 18-25 year olds that could care-less about providing a pleasant dining experience. Will never go back, will not recommend.
- Mothers Day CelebMariaGtogoDined on 5/11/2014This was a last minute decision on where to go. I decided to go directly to their web site since I had never visited this restaurant in Kendall. My decision was based on the fact that I wanted to take my mom to an Italian restaurant since she loves pastas and the occasion was to celebrate mother's day. So considering it was last minute reservation on a day like this one the experiance was great, from the food to the service. We were fortunate to be taken care of by the sweetest waitress, she kept on top of things, we didn't feel abandoned eventhough the restaurant was packed. Food came out quickly and hot. Overall I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost a five.BluestarDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. Overall, the service was very good and the food was excellent. The only problem we had was with the hostess when we walked in.We had a reservation and we're told that it would be another 10-15 minute wait. That's not bad but when it's 45 minute's later that's not excusable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mom and grandma on Mother's Day and could not have been happier! It was packed of course but I wasn't in a rush. We had the reservation and were sat within 2 minutes. We had a great time with sangria (red and white were both fantastic!) the Italian sampler had a little of everything!! Calamari, mozzarella, some type of cannelloni, a toasted ravioli(?), and stuffed mushrooms. Then we had penne ala vodka with chicken and pasta carbonara with shrimp. OMG delicious. They put basil in the vodka sauce which isn't my favorite but I are it anyways. Finished with the lava cake and ordered an extra scoop of ice cream. Yummmm. The BEST compliment I can give is that my grandma (who goes out literally every night) loved the food and experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst BrunchJtableDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day Brunch -had to wait to be seated for almost 45 minutes even though the restaurant was empty, restaurant wasn't prepared even though our reservation was for 11:15am. After a while waiting, we finally ordered from the brunch menu and were completely shocked when our food arrived. The worst tasting Eggs Benedict I have EVER had. The chef needs to go back to cooking school. My Benedict had a dried out drizzle of hollaindaise sauce. I requested more hollaindaise sauce & received the worst tasting hollaindaise sauce - oily & no flavor. Sent dish back. To replace the Benedict I ordered an omelet - It was burnt and dried out, the presentation looked like burnt scrambled eggs. Worst food Ive ever had!!! Wont be returning!
- Easter dinnerlovegreekcuisine10Dined on 4/20/2014The meal was average and too expensive for the quality provided. Server was slow and made a mistake for our order. We sat outside next to the water fountain and the ambiance was nice.
- Food was barely good, poor service.JAD648Dined on 4/20/2014Overall, all the food we ordered was good, not exceptional. The Italian wedding soup was very bland; the fried calamari was chewy although the coating was tasty and crispy. Some of the pasta dishes were a little dried, but all of it was edible, just not very good or exceptional. Prices on some dishes are not necessarily inexpensive, so the quality should be better. Service needs improvement. Servers are nice and friendly, but need training and supervision. Menus were left on tables, including ours, and food was being served all around them. No one removed them so I got up and took them back to the hostess. The restaurant was only one third full when we visited, so a large crowd was not the reason for the bad service.Special Features:
- Nice menu selectionMikeVIPDined on 3/29/2014Good, extensive menu. My only complaint is that the sauce on my dish was too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvement!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014As much as the food was delicious, our experience shows that the restaurant is understaffed. We walked in and the server who clearly was also a Host was sweating, and I mean drops of sweat were dripping from his forehead. He was our host and the server to the table next to us. Then our server Josh came and brought the wine list, and they didn't have 3 out of the 5 options of white wine by the glass. Food came we enjoyed it. Then I had called prior to going to advise that my wife and I were celebrating our anniversayr and if I could get a dessert brought up after our meal that said Happy Anniversary. I was told that would not be a problem, however it never happened. Josh was great but the service overall needs a lot of attention!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.