Carmine's Italian - Pasadena
424 Fair Oaks Ave.
South Pasadena, CA 91030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's Italian - Pasadena
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6267992266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:00pm, Saturday – Sunday: 12:00pm – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm – 12:00am; Bar hours: Monday – Sunday: 12:00pm – 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Omar Zamora
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all of our dishes in party trays for pick up or delivery of any quantity. We have also been working with a company for over 10 years if you need full service catering for any event.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining area that seats up to 18. We also have a private patio area that seats up to 24.
- Private Party Contact: Carmine Sabatella 6263949212
- Entertainment: In bar -
Monday: Monday Night Football during season, Happy Hour from 3:30-7:30pm
Tuesday: All Night Happy Hour
Wednesday: Happy Hour from 3:30-7:30, all you can eat $6 Gumbo starting at 7pm
Thursday: Happy Hour from 3:30-7:30, DJ Herick at 9:30
Friday: Happy Hour from 3:30-7:30, DJ 1MR at 9:30
Saturday: Happy Hour from 3:30-7:30, DJ AJ Mora at 9:30
2nd and 4th Saturday of the month is our BURLESQUE NIGHT
Sunday: NFL Ticket during football season, Industry Night with reverse Happy Hour starting at 8pm
A word from Carmine's Italian - Pasadena
Carmine's Italian is set in a comfortable, romantic atmosphere with the bustle of a New York City trattoria. Our cuisine is a fresh, contemporary take on robust old world Italian dishes from the central and southern regions of Italy. Our dishes compliment our boutique wine & beer selections, as well as our one of a kind cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's Italian - Pasadena reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Food: Good. Noise lvd: LOUDJukuVIPDined on 8/1/2014Adorable waitress told us what to order & what was better elsewhere. (I hate it when your server tells you it's all good.) Pasta special was huge & tasty. Linguine & clams was a bit watery. They were out of some items very early so that's either a good sign or bad. Lamb shank was good (acc'd to my friend). Tiramisu was fabulous. Waitress again said, Okay: don't order cannoli's but tiramisu & cheesecake are great. She was right & we appreciated it. The later it gets, the louder it becomes. We had two big parties near us and we were yelling by the end of the meal. Go early. We would return. My friend, who lives in Pasadena says this is always crowded & been there for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the Carmine's Italian - Pasadena reviews archive.
- Best linguine and red clamPasadenafoodie1VIPDined on 4/25/2013Best linguine and red clam sauce I've ever had! That's one of many reasons I've been coming here since they opened about 15 years ago at this location!Special Features:
- Very good Italian restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013Very good Italian restaurant, large portions. Servers very attentive.Special Features:
- Hostess n server were rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Hostess n server were rude n pushy. Lack of patience when explaining menu items n hostess seemed irritated that we were late but still wanted a table. Bar scene was great. Bartenders were attentive n fun, very talkative. If Carmine's had the bar staff as their wsit staff, i would have given them a 5 star rating,.Special Features:
- We had a party of 8 to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013We had a party of 8 to celebrate my sisters birthday! We arrived 5 mins before our reservation time & we were seated within 5 mins. Our server was amazing! Thanks Carmine's!Special Features:
- I will never go back the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013I will never go back the service was bad, the manger does'nt know what she doing...so sad cause the food is great but ruined my husband 50th birthday surprise,
- Carmine's is a typical upscaleFoodieVIPDined on 1/12/2013Carmine's is a typical upscale New York City type Italian restaurant; great ambiance at reasonable prices. Good food, excellent service, a fine wine list and an owner who takes the time to meet and greet his guestsSpecial Features:
- Made the mistake of goingwoooVIPDined on 12/30/2012Made the mistake of going on 12/30. Should of known better to get even close to Pasadena. Pretty crowded, and service was slow - too many people in town for Rose Bowl and parade. The kitchen must of been really backed up - meal from ordering took close to 45 minutes - plus it did not help that the waiter dropped my dish - further delaying things. He did offer a appetizer while I waited. The support staff of the waiter was excellent. Coming by almost too often to check on drinks, bread, etc etc. The food here is excellent and almost a great value, but on the 30th, it was all a bit much.Special Features:
- Very welcoming and great service.DavidDined on 12/28/2012Very welcoming and great service. I booked a table for 715PM and despite the very packed restaurant, we were seated at 720PM. The waiters were extremely helpful, polite, professional and happy to serve us. The food was average but good and the wine list had a good selection. I had a lentil soup and the pappardelle with spicy carrot and sausage sauce. The noddle were not cooked to my liking (the entire mass of noodle sticked together) but the sauce was just right.. I will give it another try just because of the very welcoming place.Special Features:
- Poorly Managed and Bad Language...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2012Food was great and our waitress, Lyn, was incredible. Unfortunately our dessert cake came out semi-frozen and we asked them to simply take the item off our bill. The manager, Kristin, expressed her "frustrations" with us aloud (profanity was included) so that my entire table of 6 could hear. It with this that Carmine's will never get any of my business again and I cannot recommend this restaurant to any one.Special Features:
- I used to love this place,GinnaVIPDined on 12/2/2012I used to love this place, but the last 3 times we were they seemed disorganized, understaffed, extremely slow with service. Meals are some good some not so much, but if I have to have a 3 hour dinner in a place like this, might as well not go back. So we won't.
- Overall, this restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Overall, this restaurant is very good. The menu is extensive and had many italian dishes that I was not familiar with. The waitress knew all the dishes and she explained them in detail. She also let us in on dishes that were not on the menu. It was so hard to choose! I ordered the sea bass, which was good, but I've had better. The pasta and sauce was excellent. For dessert, I had spumoni pie, which was a first. I loved it. The ambiance was romantic yet fun. This restaurant is very versatile. It's great for family dinners, special occassions, dates, group outings, and the bar crowd.Special Features:
- Come hungry! Or plan to shareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Come hungry! Or plan to share with your group. Portions were huge.Special Features:
- The food here is really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012The food here is really good and the service is great too. It can get really loud - sometimes there's the sound of music coming into the restaurant from the bar, but even when there's not, if the restaurant is crowded, the noise level gets pretty high.Special Features:
- Went for dinner this pastwoooVIPDined on 11/2/2012Went for dinner this past week not expecting much, but was very pleased on the service, menu, food and costs. Not too bad for a local neighborhood place. Like this location more than Arcadia.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Great food, lovely ambiance, outstanding service and beautiful decor! Carmine's has a lively atmosphere adding a warm and cozy feel. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- It was a perfect place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012It was a perfect place to have dinner. Amazing food, service was excellent, they were very helpful for vegan options. And the setting was beautiful, and the place was nicely decorated. Overall great find!Special Features:
- The fettucini alfredo wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012The fettucini alfredo was a bit too buttery and salty for my taste. Others enjoyed their food...chicken parmesan; lamb shank. Service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Very nice place. Server suggestedJohn69999VIPDined on 9/6/2012Very nice place. Server suggested a dish that was not on the menu and it was great. Overall I will be back.Special Features:
- Guido meets Goth!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2012The old Carmine's Italian Restaurant & Bar have definitely seen better days. Maybe it's under new management or something but I certainly miss the classic Italian family feel to the restaurant and it's good food. If you walk into Carmine's now, it's more like guido meets goth! The dining areas (both main and side bar) have both been "re-decorated" with plush "pleather (plastic leather)" seats, black chandeliers, mirrors as dining room table surfaces (in case you wanted to look up your date's nose while eating) and a staff that "tries hard" but is noticeably under par. On to the food...don't eat here if you have high blood pressure. The food is SALTY! Even the chicken in the grilled chicken salad was salty! My pasta dishes wer
- YIKES! What a disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2012YIKES! What a disappointing experience! We decided to have dinner here last night after reading some positive reviews but now I wish I paid more attention to the "red flag" reviews which proved to be correct! Poor quality food and service. Save your money and go somewhere else!!!
- From the outside it's notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012From the outside it's not the most welcoming but the inside decor is nice and the food is amazing. Not to mention very affordable with big portions. I will definitely be coming back here. Don't let the shopping center location fool you, it's a hidden gem.
- This is our second visit sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/3/2012This is our second visit since Carmine's was remodeled. The restaurant looks very chic and inviting and is very comfortable and the food is really good. So far we have tried the spagetti and meatballs - a good sauce, and the beef raviloi. The bread is tasty and the chiati we've had has been very good too. A great local Italian restaurant in South Pasadena! Gordon Ramsey and Robert Irvine would be proud of the changes that were made!
- Lots of Garlic!!! If you areGinnaVIPDined on 6/2/2012Lots of Garlic!!! If you are not afraid of Garlic, this is a perfect place, large portions, flavorful meals. Service could be better, portions could be a bit less gigantic.Special Features:
- Good value for a nice ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Good value for a nice Italian dinner! Love the recent renovations. Location is not fancy but it's convenient in a strip mall with lots of parking. You can usually get a reservation in the same day. Good alternative to Old Town Pasadena on the weekends if you want to avoid the crowd and paying for parking. We've been here several times and recommend the Italian pasta dishes. Other entrees are good too. The desserts are OK - nothing real memorable.
- the shrimp scampi pasta weOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/24/2012the shrimp scampi pasta we had for dinner was very salty ...we ended up drinking lots of water @@... regardless of that, the price, portion and overall dinning experience of the restaurant was fantastic ~! the we enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant very much !Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant-our serverPorkyDined on 3/30/2012Very nice restaurant-our server was awesome. She was very nice, patient, and very knowledgeable of the menu. The food was great. The entire staff is really nice. The prices were reasonable and the selection was ample (both for food and desserts). I will definitely return!Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food at affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2012I enjoyed the food at affordable prices, but my favorite part was after dinner at their bar, right next door. The drinks were good and so was the music. There was a lot of people, but plenty of seats for everyone. My friends and I had a really good time.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012The food was great and the service was good. My wife and I went at a busy time so there were a couple of loud groups but it sort of added to the energy of the restaurant. The only downfall was our server forgot our drinks. She was so busy we decided not bother her. When we brought it up with the bill she apologized and adjusted the bill accordingly. All in all a terrific experience!!Special Features:
- Bring all your friends forOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/2/2012Bring all your friends for huge portions, lively room, good serviceSpecial Features:
- Been coming here for yearsNonyaVIPDined on 2/24/2012Been coming here for years for lunch. Service is always pleasant and professional. The Carmine's special is always a good choice. The salads are especially good,with the Italian dressing and the Lentil soup is to die for.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and good food!nontiverosDined on 2/18/2012Nice ambiance and good food! The only thing I didn't like was the restaurant smelled like very strong garlic and the wine wasn't too good. I ordered a glass of Riesling, my favorite, and I didn't even finish the glass because I wasn't into it.Special Features:
- Great decor... Bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012Great decor... Bad service. I went for Valentines but it felt like some of the workers werent ready. We didnt come accross any smiley faces. :-(.... Please people If ur going to serve people, at least SMILE!!! If I would of know servIce was like this, I would of gone to my favorite and a bit more affordable restaurant, Olive Garden :-) :-) :-)Special Features:
- Found this in a pinch forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Found this in a pinch for a casual Valentines Day. The food was a slam dunk especially for the price! Only complaint is staff kept holding patio door open so we had to eat with our jackets on. Despite several open tables, unable to relocate. Would go back for lunch in a heartbeat.
- A fine neighborhood relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012A fine neighborhood relaxed dining experience with great service and tasty offerings. You won't ever feel ripped off. Corkage fee is very reasonable. They went out of their way to accommodate an expanded guest list of 6 for Valentine's Day at the last minute. We go there all the time.
- This place wll discredit OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012This place wll discredit OpenTable and anyone associated with it. What a disaster. God awful food and nervous, error laden service.
- Chic decor does not match the food.FlauraVIPDined on 2/10/2012I do not understand why the owners of this restaurant obviously spent so much to beautifully remodel this place if they were going to leave the menu and food exactly the same as before. Long gone is the old dive bar scene and basic family restaurant decor. It is now an ultra- chic restaurant with the same, just ok, Italian food. This basic food was fine before the remodel. But now it does not match the white booth seating and glass candelabras on the tables as you walk in the dinning room. It is dim and moody. It looks like a very high end restaurant. It makes no sense. The only good thing they did in leaving the old menu is that for South Pasadena, they are reasonably priced. So we will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Bland Italian food. TookOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/14/2012Bland Italian food. Took a group of hungry college students. the positive was that the portions were huge, negative was the food was bland and overcooked. Burrata appetizer was the highlight. also, loved the machine gun wall paper in the bar.
- We went as a party of 3 bcOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/1/2012We went as a party of 3 bc of its very high ratings. The fish could be more fresh. The calamari was dry and stale. The sauté mushroom was good, except was too salty. Mom says tiger shrimps were very good though. The taste felt as though it is Americanized Italian food. We would b happier with 30% smaller portion, but better quality. The next 2 tables were 'playing' w their food more than eating it.
- Fantastic food! Meat and fishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2011Fantastic food! Meat and fish dishes, salads, pizzas, many different pastas. Our table had mostaccioli and chicken, stuffed lobster tail over pasta and medallions of veal. Everything was delicious, from the crisp dinner salads to the to-die-for dessert pastries. Full service bar. Dark rich coffee that cooled too quickly in oversize cups. Good wait staff, tho seemed stretched a little thin due to a large post-election crowd. Not the place for quiet conversation--unbuffered noise, including piped in operatic music, can rise to a low roar. But they are happy to turn down the music when asked and the vibe is friendly and energetic. Great for groups & festive birthday celebrations.Special Features: