Carmine's - Atlantic City
Brighton and the Boardwalk
2801 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 6095729300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Friday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Saturday: 11:30AM to 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Gotta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Call us for your next birthday celebration, office luncheon, Bar Mitzvah, family gathering, rehearsal dinner, anniversary, or Super Bowl party. We offer many menus and can customize.
- Special Events: Located in the exciting Quarter at The Tropicana, New York’s legendary Carmine’s tradition continues. Carmine’s prides itself on being a family style establishment with large portions meant to be shared by family and friends. Old world values and exceptional service combined with fun and flair create the perfect atmosphere for your party. Carmine’s Atlantic City also offers a private dining room, valet parking, and a huge 25-foot bar. Parties of 15 or more will choose from abundant, specially designed four course menus created by our Executive Chef.
Come celebrate your corporate event, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding or a just night out with old friends with the Carmine’s family. We invite you to share Carmine’s style! Abbondanza!
Contact our Special Events Department at 609-572-9300, ext 827.
A word from Carmine's - Atlantic City
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. If you are in the market for better than average family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Carmine's - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
651 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (541)special occasion (324)fit for foodies (228)kid-friendly (145)hot spot (140)romantic (94)great for lunch (87)notable wine list (75)neighborhood gem (62)late-night find (53)vibrant bar scene (42)great for brunch (35)scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014The chicken marsala was excellent, as was the house salad and calamari appetizer. My friends never had been to Carmine's and left very impressed. Thanks to Carmine's for a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups or familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2014Great food. Service was wonderful. The editor helped us with menu selections. Perfect for families. Each entree is for 3-4 peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not romanticTonygirlDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went there for our 25 th Annivetsary. It was a little disappointing that the only portions you had were not appropiate for a romantic night for two. My husband and I have very different taste buds, he is very picky, so I was not able to get what I really wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elleDined on 10/25/2014we couldnt have been happier! it was our sons 21st birthday celebration and they made him feel special! our waiter was fabulous! the manager was fabulous he gave my son a birthday shot on the house! the food was delish as it always is!! everyone in our party gave rave reviews!!!!!!!!! thanks carmines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Family Style ItalianSoSadVIPDined on 10/25/2014We loved our night here. Great food, the wait staff was exceptional and we left with another meal. The portion size is huge. We shared the Ragu, delish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014We went to Carmine's for a 50th wedding anniversary and everything was perfect!!! Our waiter was great and the food was delicious. The portions are huge so you are best to order slow and add another entrée if needed. Well worth the $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerGreatDinnerDined on 10/25/2014I would say it was just good not the excellence i have readSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food, service, was excellent ,very attentive waitress, waiters,the ravioli were to die for.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Great overall dining experience however, after our appetizers , we ordered pasta dishes which were brought out with the main course. With so much food at one time, we were overwhelmed. Should have brought pasta and then main dishes later. Did not think we had to ask. Will be back.Special Features:
- TOO MUCH FOOD!!ThelittlemanDined on 10/22/2014First off, Carmines does not have paper menus so you do not know what is on the list unless you have super human vision and can see the menu on the wall!!!!! Second and most important it’s not date friendly, for example the restaurant doesn't sell individual portions, and they serve everything family style (serves 4-6 people). Therefore for a party of two, you're paying for way more food than you can eat, and it's not cheap. Since the majority of diners visiting this location are also staying in hotels, this means that in the long run a lot of food is going to go to waste because even if you're fortunate enough to be in a hotel with a fridge in your room, you also need one with a microwaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal At CarminesMark0902Dined on 10/21/2014We ate a late lunch at the Carmines in Atlantic City. As always the portions are generous and the food and service are great. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetdelaneyDined on 10/20/2014We were in AC for a conference and planned a dinner on a Monday night. Besides getting a little testy about me changing the reservation from 7 to 9 the whole experience was on point. The waiter was awesome and did a great job guiding me through ordering food "family style" for 9 people. We had chicken parm, a porterhouse, a chicken special, rigatoni country style, and ravioli... all of them absolutely top notch. Then the deserts were insanely good as well. The atmosphere was perfect for a crowd, they handled us very well, and the food was delicious. Not much more you can ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedPatwhite3Dined on 10/19/2014Had been to Carmine's 3 different occasions and food was excellent, this visit the Veal Parm had very hard crusted edges and Ravioli was a bit " mushy"....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring an appetite!RobinoRealtorDined on 10/19/2014Large portions make this a great spot for groups or hungry couples, doggie bags are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to die forDrinks2dessertDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriends and I came for dinner before we went out for the night. Everything was amazing! The salad was so fresh, the chicken parm was perfect and the penne Alla vodka we are all still talking about how good it was. We even wished we had taken the leftover with us for when we were out. The service was equivalently just as amazing, eveyone was so friendly and so efficient. I have never had one bad dining experience at Carmine's, this visit was no different!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our experience couldn't have been better. The food and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!!dine4funDined on 10/18/2014Carmine's never disappoints! We went here for the start of a bachelorette evening and it was fabulous. Great food and tasty prosecco to start out our night. Our waiter was friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:
- This is a A must stop placeInstagoneDined on 10/17/2014Whenever you're in the AC area put this place on your list, It's like going home (comfort food.)Special Features:
- LAST VISIT TO ACOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We have dined at Carmines many times before and the food is always good given the fact that they have pretty much the same menu and it seems that they have the different dishes down to a science, the kitchen is a well oiled machine. The only disappointment over the last year or so is the fact that they used to have OSSO BUCO as a special and they took it off they have on thursday a beef special that once we ordered the waitress told us that it had a price tag of 92.00 we appreciated the heads-up however we opted for something else.We enjoy going to Carmines and make it a point to dine whenever we go to ACSpecial Features:
- Carmine's Atlantic CityBASfoodDined on 10/15/2014Like most "chain" dining establishments similar to this, Carmine's is an enjoyable place to have dinner and wow at the large portions. Having been there many times, we still find the food to be rather mediocre. Acknowledging that taste is of course a very individual matter, we, and I do not in any way mean this in a snobby manner, have never been impressed with Carmine's. On the other hand, service was, as always, top notch, and the decor and atmosphere are quite nice. So overall, being on a two day get away with good friends, this was a nice evening's dinner. We do recommend that you go with a minimum of 4 people, otherwise there will be too large an excess of food which is served family style.Special Features:
- 4 starsDevluvfood1013Dined on 10/13/2014My server was very nice it's very quite and cerine. It was my birthday the food was great a lot of food for a good price love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but inconsistentSteakloverVIPDined on 10/12/2014Great family atmosphere for older kids. Loved the salad chicken parm but the lasagne was not very good. Mushy noodles and not a lot of flavorSpecial Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food, everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stingy1to4getDined on 10/11/2014The kids next table were wild. Using graph language. The waiter were lazy. Expect us to hand him the old plates with no acknowledgement of thank you. Ask for extra olive for your drink? Forget it. His replied was 'no'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaineDined on 10/11/2014Very accommodating we got there about 25 minutes early and the seated us right away. Service and food both excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GAmblerDined on 10/11/2014If you like noise and darkness, you will like Carmine's. The food came out hot and was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEl22prezDined on 10/10/2014Carmine's is the best place to celebrate anything. It has great food and very enjoyable and quite. PS lets not forget the food portions are greattttttt!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The waiter was very quick and friendly. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Very good food, I like the family style with large amount of food served. It did get noisy later in the evening when alot of people were thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for groups onlyJasonDWeinsteinDined on 10/7/2014Carmine's is only appropriate for larger groups. The food came out on it's own schedule with different platters arriving 5 minutes after others. The portions boarder on absurb. Usually family style means you order an entree from every 2 to 3 people. At Carmine's one entree feeds an army. Also, watch out with the desserts... they serve whole pies! One plate of tiramisu was passed through 3 different groups.Special Features:
- CarminesThomasDined on 10/4/2014The service & food is good, but for two people family style doesn't work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh ItalianDor14kDined on 10/4/2014Food is fresh, hot & delicious. Not over salted. We were a group of six on a very busy Saturday Night. Was super noisy but food was served quickly. Waitstaff was pleasant & accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed our two items we ordered, however our veal cutlet parm. was overdone and dried out and our pasta under it had hardly no sauce on it. However the Calamari was very tender. Our waitress was very attentative.Special Features:
- DisappointedNever2gobackDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went to Carmine's in ac to celebrate our anniversary I had already went to one in ny. I was dying for artichokes ordered them. Horrible. Was rushed eating. A waitres keep coming around with a pen and paper looking at each table to see if people were almost done their meal. Ordered a glass of wine. Got it on a juice glass. Had to ask waiter for a wine glass. Needless to say my anniversary dinner was horrible and we wasted $110 I will never go back to Carmine'sSpecial Features:
- Very good86cr250Dined on 10/4/2014Prompt and excellent staff,great appetizer's,huge family size portions,very nice place for 2-? .Special Features:
- Great as Usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Carmines never fails - the food is always excellent and plenty of it! The linguine w/white clam sauce was delicious! Our waitress was very thorough and congenial. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Half deafSlurredwordsDined on 10/3/2014The lack of menus is hardly appealing and I could barely hear the person next to me. The waiter was acceptable but the drinks were watered down and the silverware was dirty. Very very disappointing for a Friday night at peak hours. Will not eat here again.
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Most delicious meal ever! Always exceeds expectation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at CarminesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014We loved Carmines. We will go back. Our waiter was great, the food was delicious, everyone was kind to us. I am glad we chose Carmines for my birthday. I felt special and was treated like a VIP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jerry K.JKPKDined on 9/29/2014Excellent as always! We had a terrific server as well which only made the dining even more enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.