Carmine's - Atlantic City
Brighton and the Boardwalk
2801 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 6095729300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Friday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Saturday: 11:30AM to 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Gotta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Call us for your next birthday celebration, office luncheon, Bar Mitzvah, family gathering, rehearsal dinner, anniversary, or Super Bowl party. We offer many menus and can customize.
- Special Events: Located in the exciting Quarter at The Tropicana, New York’s legendary Carmine’s tradition continues. Carmine’s prides itself on being a family style establishment with large portions meant to be shared by family and friends. Old world values and exceptional service combined with fun and flair create the perfect atmosphere for your party. Carmine’s Atlantic City also offers a private dining room, valet parking, and a huge 25-foot bar. Parties of 15 or more will choose from abundant, specially designed four course menus created by our Executive Chef.
Come celebrate your corporate event, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding or a just night out with old friends with the Carmine’s family. We invite you to share Carmine’s style! Abbondanza!
Contact our Special Events Department at 609-572-9300, ext 827.
A word from Carmine's - Atlantic City
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. If you are in the market for better than average family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Carmine's - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
665 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (549)special occasion (358)fit for foodies (225)kid-friendly (151)hot spot (141)great for lunch (103)romantic (85)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (75)late-night find (48)great for brunch (45)vibrant bar scene (42)scenic view (17)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Excellent food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014For out first time going there it was outstanding. The waitress was extremely helpful in explaining the menu, and the food did not disappoint. Just be warned the portions are HUGE but well worth every penny. Family style so you know what your in for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont over orderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014They are good about this. They are warning you! you must believe them. Great food, knowledgeable servers. huge portion (which explains the price). I only wish I could have had a salad (decent size for me and one more person).Special Features:
- I Hope for better in the futureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This experience has not been the norm of what I experienced in the past. Greeting wasn't very pleasant. I went for my birthday and was not happy with the outcome. The waiter took a longer than usual amount of time. Food took way too long to come out. I just wanted to get out ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My granddaughters and I went To Carmines for lunch. OMG did we have a feast! From our appetizer of mozzarella and tomatoes, to our entrée of shrimp parm, to a "tugboat" finish, what a wonderful meal. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian Cuisine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was my 1st visit to Carmine's in AC, I have visited Carmine's in NYC many times but long ago. The restaurant was packed and the line was long, as usual. But...I booked my reservation on open table.com and literally waited 4 minutes to be seated (which made me very happy). And we sat and enjoyed the most wonderful meal of our entire vacation! I highly recommend Carmine's in AC AND open table.comSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need wine glassesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014One thing we were disappointed with was the fact that we got our $9 glass of wine in a tiny water glass. I'm positive not only was that a typical amount (it was small) but not classy at all. When we asked for a wine glass the waitress asked us if we wanted a wine glass that was left behind from another customer! Ewwww! That grossed us all out. Just saying..,Italians drink from wine glasses not a double shot glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I love Carmine's is one of my favorite spots to dine at with a group of friends. unfortunately this time the experience was unbearable and embarrassing. The host who did the check in screw up the number of ppl in our party and when I told the girl who seated us, that the reservation was made for a party of 10, she immediately got an attitude with me. I requested to see the manager who was nice enough to accommodate us. But the embarrassment I was put through in front of guests was uncall for, since this was for my Birthday Celebration. Needless to say I made this reservation way in advance so that I wouldn't have any problems on the date of my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meliDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service however was really loud due to a couple of bachelor/Bachelorette parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014We love it, we go every year for anniversary. The food excellent, service excellent and go old Italian style food. It's a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HazeDined on 8/23/2014The meal we had was delicious. Our waiter was very nice and very attentive.Special Features:
- Carmines never lets you downDearanijVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have eaten at this location and at both their locations in NY. They aways offer a consistently good meal at reasonable prices. This time we brought friends with us to help eat the gigantic portions. We all had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Meatballs were excellent!SupereaterDined on 8/23/2014We had the fried calamari as an app it was good fried to perfection. As a main course we had chicken parm, Penni vodka, and meatballs. All the food was excellent but the meatballs were rediculiosly good! We ordered them off the recommendation of the server and I'm glad we got them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bachelor Party AccommodationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Brought 10 hungry guys in and the food was more than enough. Service was great and it proved to be a great start to the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewbachpartyDined on 8/23/2014Good food, nice service, a bit too noisy. Would go back and would recommend to other groups.Special Features:
- Great food and big portionssks12Dined on 8/23/2014One of the best Italian food I tired recently. Our waiter was awesome, we all are vegetarians. When we informed him that, he brought us a separate menu and guided us through it. He also told us that portions are really big there and it's better to split. For 4 of us, we ordered two entrees and one appetizer. It was more than enough and the food was scrumptious. Would definitely recommend. Lunch was not expensive.Special Features:
- The courses are served on too fast.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food is served much to fast. They are taking away the appetizer plates with one hand and serving the dinner plates the other. You barely have time to finish chewing one course before the next course is served. You must ask the waitstaff to slow down the serving of each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBrunchloverDined on 8/22/2014We loved the food/quantity/quality! We ordered chicken parm and spaghetti for 4 and ate really well. What was that Tiramisu. So delicious! Definitely will come back!Special Features:
- PatrVIPDined on 8/22/2014Fantastic as usual... Service was excellant. Food fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot For GroupRunrobrunDined on 8/22/2014Carmine's is a great family restaurant! I would say it is better for groups, but there were a few quieter areas. We were a party of 4 and had a great time. The staff has great energy and yearns to serve. Great food! Great drink! Great fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill fastMeTooVIPDined on 8/22/2014Lunch specials are worthwhile. Added a portion of zuppa di clams. I love salty food, but this was ridiculous. Please stop over salting the food. This wasn't the first time it's happened, but this was the worst.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I had a great time. My waiter was excellent. Food was fantastic. Cant wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent3dinersDined on 8/20/2014First time there and the food was great. A little loud and was hard to hear across the table. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1smalleaterDined on 8/20/2014would like it better if could order individual meals not family style. everyone does not always agree on I entrée. and when only 3 people come it is too much food for most people and most people are from out of town and leftovers cannot be taken home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- njwandererVIPDined on 8/20/2014Even though we had a reservation for our group of 6, we were kept waiting at the entrance - while other smaller groups walked by and were seated. When we were finally seated, there were several tables for 6 open. So obviously, the size of our party was not the problem. Also, even though there were menus on 4 different walls, they were all difficult to read due to the low lighting. Our waiter eventually found a hard copy menu for us.
- Service & saladfoodietoodieDined on 8/19/2014Our waitress did not take out order until we were seated for at least 20 minutes. She was tied up with a much larger group, but she apologized. The salad special was soggy and underdressed. The salmon special was delicious and the lasagna was decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunkie21Dined on 8/19/2014Good food -- good service and the appetizers and entrees were plentiful.....enough for take home the next night for dinner.Special Features:
- Another Awesome EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014Thats All - Awesome! More Words - Fabulous- Fantastic- Lovely!Special Features:
- FoodKarenakos1Dined on 8/18/2014Dinner was very good, a special chicken and spinach and potatoes and penne, the hot antipasta I didn't care for. But I will b backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingcna1Dined on 8/18/2014It was a great experience , i would definitely go back when visiting the Tropicana casino againSpecial Features:
- Great all around in so many ways!CarmDined on 8/18/2014Great menu with various choices of food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service disappointsFrankDined on 8/17/2014Our server, I think his name was Chris, didn't seem to care a lick about us. Otherwise, a a nice place to dine with friends and share a meal. I grew up Italian, and the family-style concept reminds me of home.Special Features:
- Is it really that good?MahopacDaveDined on 8/17/2014I have had better Italian food for a whole lot cheaper.....The Veal Marsala was outstanding though...$35 for penne vodka..I dont care how much they pile on..Plenty of old time pictures on the wall to look at...Great for families to share..they encourage it...Special Features:
- nothing muchFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Four of us visited this place for the first time before a show in Atlantic City. The place was busy and we had to wait despite having a reservation. Once seated the service was prompt, courteous and helpful. They serve family style and protions are probably large enough for two to three people. Four would stretch it unless you order additional items or are more accustomed to european portons. The food is tasty but that's about it. Spaghetti @ $40 for three people would work out to $12 each so reasonably priced but that's what you get. Pasta, sauce, nothing else so if you want salad, meatballs etc bill mounts quickly. Nevertheless food, while nothing besides ordinary was certainly adequate.Special Features:
- Great FoodSueb5Dined on 8/16/2014What portions, great for larger parties. While a bit noisy everyone in the dinning room was having a great time. Service was excellent!!!!! Glad we made reservations this place is always busy only had to wait less then five minutes to get seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very tasty, large portionsfoodlover924Dined on 8/15/2014The resaurant inside was very friendly with great wall scenery. Food was very tasty and definitely large portions. I would definitely re-visit here again. I recommend it to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joel G.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner at Carmines is a constant-you know you will always get a great meal with great service at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would love to go Back with a Groupsuperbfood4youDined on 8/15/2014We had fried zucchini for an appetizer. The amount of food would have fed 6 people. Shoestring zucchini with light bread crumbs and parmesian cheese. I could have eaten the whole thing for an entree...DELICIOUS. Our main dish was Chicken Romano. It was served on a bed of spinach, which was cooked perfectly. The roasted potatoes were done just right. The slices of chicken breast were moist and tender and had an amazing sauce on them. My husband is not a chicken eater but he loved it. Our server did an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristineDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food, service and staff. Have been there before and will go again. Highly recommend it. Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great. The only problem was that they gave us the wrong entree and we waited awhile for the correct one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ItalianPrincessJediDined on 8/14/2014Food is excellent. True family style portions. Wait staff is always attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.