Carmine's - Atlantic City
Brighton and the Boardwalk
2801 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: (609) 572-9300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Friday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Saturday: 11:30AM to 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Gotta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Call us for your next birthday celebration, office luncheon, Bar Mitzvah, family gathering, rehearsal dinner, anniversary, or Super Bowl party. We offer many menus and can customize.
- Special Events: Located in the exciting Quarter at The Tropicana, New York’s legendary Carmine’s tradition continues. Carmine’s prides itself on being a family style establishment with large portions meant to be shared by family and friends. Old world values and exceptional service combined with fun and flair create the perfect atmosphere for your party. Carmine’s Atlantic City also offers a private dining room, valet parking, and a huge 25-foot bar. Parties of 15 or more will choose from abundant, specially designed four course menus created by our Executive Chef.
Come celebrate your corporate event, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding or a just night out with old friends with the Carmine’s family. We invite you to share Carmine’s style! Abbondanza!
Contact our Special Events Department at 609-572-9300, ext 827.
A word from Carmine's - Atlantic City
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. If you are in the market for better than average family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Carmine's - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
545 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (462)special occasion (277)fit for foodies (207)hot spot (119)kid-friendly (107)great for lunch (81)romantic (80)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (55)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (45)great for brunch (31)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great Dinner Evening with the groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Our server Edward was very attentive and has a great personality, he also made some recommendations on the food ordering which worked out perfectly with our large group. The food, service and restaurant setting was perfect, what else could you want. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enter your review title here.BrdwybobDined on 11/21/2014Serafine was our waiter and he was outstanding, He is an asset to the restaurant. Ask to be seated with him.The food was delicious and reasonbly priced. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDined on 11/20/2014Always my first choice when in AC !! Will always return for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Our group has dined at Carmine's many times and found the visit exceptional on each occasion. This visit was excellent in all respects. RichardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bother going to CarminesStubuchDined on 11/18/2014The noise level was equal to a 747 taking off This made it impossible talk.The food was mediocre at best and overpriced. My wife has a glutton allergy and they would not prepare a single portion to accommodate her. Fortunately our waiter was very nice and he ordered her a child portion of pasta which she had for dinner. We have traveled all over the world and have eaten in many wonderful accommodating restaurants. Carmines is not one of them.
- fave restaurantnetteDined on 11/16/2014One of my fave places to eat un atlantic city. Love the ambiance, food and service. The food is delicious and fresh. It us famiky style so there is enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJoeDVIPDined on 11/16/2014Always have a wonderful experience at this location. Food was excellent - will definitely return on our next trip to Atlantic City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We go to Carmine's both in Atlantic City and in Manhattan whenever we can. We have never had a problem with the service and, of course, the food is always excellent. I would never hesitate to recommend Carmine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Although we had a reservation we still waiting about a half hour. The place was crazy busy, but after we were seated the service was excellent. Everything came out timely and the waitress was very personable and friendly. The food here is served family style and the portions are HUGE and the food is delicious. One salad, appetizer and entree can easily feed a party of 4. It is a great place for large gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The portiions were great to share with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The food was great to share and the service was great! We went for lunch and the price was decent for Alantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmines a Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014My wife and I went for an early dinner on Nov 13, 2014 and we were escorted to our table right on time. Carmines was dressed for Christmas and the staff greeted us with smiles and prompt service. The food was very well prepared and well scheduled. The table was a bit small so we needed to move items about to accommodate but serving sizes were large and we had leftovers. The place was quiet, well lit for a romantic dinner. A very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- guestguestDined on 11/12/2014Carmine's is a great restaurant for a group of people, not so much for just 2 people. The amount of food they give you is more than plentiful!!! My husband and I recently went to Carmine's in AC. It was our first experience at any Carmine's. We ordered stuffed artichoke and the special pasta of the night which was penne with fresh mozzarella and eggplant in a pomadoro sauce. The food was excellent. We were served two very large stuffed artichokes (this is only one portion, not doubled for 2) and at least a pound of penne, again this is only one portion. We were informed that the penne would serve 2-4 people, but my God, you have to have some appetite to finish this pasta, even if you had 4 people. I would highly recommend this restaurant for group.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I had the Monday special, chicken Alla romana and it was amazing. I'll go there on Mondays just for it. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent service and food! Prices are a bit high but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2014GREAT FOOD WE HAD SHRIMP SCAMPI WISH A SALAD WAS INCLUDEDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DinnerjimsDined on 11/8/2014As usual the food was very good and plentiful at Carmines. Atmosphere was lively and very loud, which we did not have a problem with. Only complaint was that we ordered a special that, of course, was not shown on the menu board. We expected it to be higher in price than the the other entrees, since it was a beef dish. When explaining the specials the waiter did not include the price with his description. When we received our bill, the beef special was actually triple the price of all the other entrees on the board. The waiter has to give a heads-up if the price is not even in the same ballpark as the others. Not saying the dish wasn't worth the price, and it was partly our fault for not asking, but still should get a heads-up.Special Features:
- Superb in every wayRFD7Dined on 11/8/2014Every visit to Carmine's is a joy...their wide selection of Italian specialties, their fine preparation along with their great service makes going back again and again a very easy choice. Highly recommended in every way...perfect for both couples and groups whereas everything is served in the traditional Italian family style.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday Celebration21stbdaycelebrationDined on 11/8/2014Our group really enjoyed our dinner at Carmines. We were celebrating my daughter's 21st birthday with 8 of her college friends and everyone loved the food and also the family style service. Our server Don was very good explaining all the food and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for group but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014Good for a group, single serving feeds four people but not a good overall value.Special Features:
- Great food!Goout2dinnerDined on 11/8/2014As always, Carmine's doesn't disappoint. Delicious food. I just wish they had a menu for 2 as everything is family sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at CarminesTONYVDined on 11/8/2014We ate at Carmines on 11/7 and 11/8/2014. Both meals were delicious and the service is excellent. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely return here during out next Atlantic City trip.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Went to celebrate my sons 40th birthday with a small group of 8. We were sat at a round table near an open window so you got the best of two worlds (Indoor and out door dining). The service was great and the food exceptional great presentation of the "tug boat" desert with a chorus of happy birthday by the waitress/waiter staff. Made for a great end to a perfect birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Carmine'sGoodEatsDined on 11/7/2014delicious food, great service, highly recommend Carmine's for larger groups where everyone can share 2-3 dishes of amazing Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPastaDined on 11/6/2014Carmine's is one of our favorite places to dine in ac the food is always fresh and delicious. I did feel that the liquor (glass of house wine) was a bit pricey but our overall experience was very good . A good idea is to go with more than 2 people due to the large portions sharing is the way to go when you dine at Carmine'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine'sGoodEatsDined on 11/6/2014The food here is always very good and the drinks are always very tasty. It's a nice place for a large group to have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simplechef55Dined on 11/6/2014Food and service is always outstanding. Love Carmines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarionDined on 11/6/2014The food and service was excellent and the chicken parmigiana was the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Remarkable Evening!RemarkableBday1106Dined on 11/6/2014I enjoyed my Birthday dinner with friends are Carmine's and the food was awesome. The waiter was very attentative and provided great service. SHOUT OUT to the hostess, whom made sure our reservations went well due to some unfortunate situation I encountered at the Chelsea Hotel. Thank you so much for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As consistent as they comebigguy44Dined on 11/6/2014Although I prefer the upper Manhattan location, there is no more consistently excellent Italian restaurant than Carmine's. The menu is packed with delicious choices at reasonable prices. My wife and I enjoyed an enormous amount of food with a bottle of wine for about $100... no small feat in Atlantic City!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014General Manager tried to cram a party of 7 at a table for 6 while he sat a the rounder for seven reserved for my party. We had to insist that another table be found so he finally moved and we were seated. I thought the customer should always be the priority.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014Surprised food was cold therefore lost our appetite although we were were given a new meal but the wait just killed our appetite.
- Dinner on Sunday nitesRecron43Dined on 11/2/2014Food was excellent place is great service is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMeal2dealDined on 11/2/2014Carmine's is a family environment, the food was fantastic and our waiter helped us pick an awesome meal since it was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I had planned a 50th birthday celebration for my wife. The meal was incredible, the service was excellent and the ambiance was awesome. I had planned to have my children there as a surprise to my wife. They seated us as I had requested "on time" and my wife cried when she saw our children all there to help us celebrate. This is one of my favorite restaurants, the family style service is great and the amount and quality of the food is great.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We have been long time patrons of the original Carmine's on the upper west side of NYC. The AC version is just as good. Our visit was perfect from start to finish. We made "Open Table" reservations for 7:30 pm on Saturday we were seated exactly at 7:30. Our server Gabi was excellent. Food came out quickly but we had no feeling of being rushed. We kept it simple ..tomato and mozzarella salad for openers and broccoli rabe over pene as our main dish and the best cheese cake ever for desert. Portions are so large we had leftovers for another meal the next day. We have been to many eateries in AC I would definitely put Carmine's at the top of the list of go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food has been betterDeeV123Dined on 10/31/2014We went there for Halloweeen dinner and the restaurant was very crowded. We've eaten there several times before. The stuffed artichokes were overstuffed with breadcrumbs, so I felt like I was eaten a package of breadcrumbs on top of the artichokes which could have used more liquid. The chicken parmesan was o.k. but lacked flavor. I would eat here again because of past experiences, but was disappointed this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomeDined on 10/31/2014A family gathering for my mom 77th birthday. It was Halloween, fun atmosphere. Food was great, service equally so. Overall a great evening.Special Features:
- The BestGreatDinnerDined on 10/29/2014The food was delicious, service was great, and atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- delicious!pastagirlDined on 10/28/2014I went to Carmines with three colleagues for dinner. The food was outstanding and reasonably priced. Portions are family style. We ordered rigatoni bolognese, chicken in lemon and butter, and Caesar salad. DE-LISH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014The chicken marsala was excellent, as was the house salad and calamari appetizer. My friends never had been to Carmine's and left very impressed. Thanks to Carmine's for a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.