Carmine's - Atlantic City
Brighton and the Boardwalk
2801 Pacific Ave.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 6095729300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Friday: 11:30AM to 12:00AM
Saturday: 11:30AM to 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Gotta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Call us for your next birthday celebration, office luncheon, Bar Mitzvah, family gathering, rehearsal dinner, anniversary, or Super Bowl party. We offer many menus and can customize.
- Special Events: Located in the exciting Quarter at The Tropicana, New York’s legendary Carmine’s tradition continues. Carmine’s prides itself on being a family style establishment with large portions meant to be shared by family and friends. Old world values and exceptional service combined with fun and flair create the perfect atmosphere for your party. Carmine’s Atlantic City also offers a private dining room, valet parking, and a huge 25-foot bar. Parties of 15 or more will choose from abundant, specially designed four course menus created by our Executive Chef.
Come celebrate your corporate event, rehearsal dinner, bachelor or bachelorette party, wedding or a just night out with old friends with the Carmine’s family. We invite you to share Carmine’s style! Abbondanza!
Contact our Special Events Department at 609-572-9300, ext 827.
A word from Carmine's - Atlantic City
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. If you are in the market for better than average family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - Atlantic City - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
Carmine's - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
661 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (541)special occasion (338)fit for foodies (229)kid-friendly (155)hot spot (142)great for lunch (98)romantic (87)notable wine list (77)neighborhood gem (70)late-night find (51)great for brunch (43)vibrant bar scene (41)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Have been to Carmine's many times always delicious and a great place to take company. Everyone is always pleased with the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recipe Change?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Previously had dinner at Carmine's in A.C. and had chicken scarpiello and it was delicious - it had sausage and potatoes in it and some peppers. This time even though the taste of the dish was good we were disappointed that the dish did not have sausage and potatoes. Otherwise the evening was good and the escarole was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of my ListMavenVIPDined on 9/14/2014In celebration of my daughter's birthday we enjoyed wine and dinner at Carmine's. We ordered the Veal Marsala. The enormous dish was shared by both with enough left over for another adult! I don't think I have ever enjoyed this dish as much as I did here. Our chocolate cannoli dessert was unique and delicious. Our wine, served in a simple glass, was filled to the brim with an outstanding house Malbec from Australia. Our waiter was busy, but so attentive to us we felt special. We can't wait to return to this excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- fantastic foodErikaEDined on 9/13/2014Carmines is a family style Italian restaurant that offer generous portions of some of the most wonderful food I've eaten. Their calamari is phenomenal. It's always a wonderful dining experience. A must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Galore !OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant.....portions are huge ! Worked with us on dietary concerns of one of our guests. Delicious food & excellent service. Only issue was noise level.....very noisey! Would like to see somewhat smaller portion options so you can order more choices for smaller parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner experienceLexie24Dined on 9/13/2014The food and drinks were good, portions are large and serve groups of a least 4 people. The only draw back is that everyone has to want to eat the same meal. So any one with certain food allergies meal gets altered for everyone. Service is excellent, waiters are all so friendly . The other help , not so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyzileevDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I enjoyed our dinner together on our 20th anniversary weekend getaway in Atlantic city. The only thing I would say is that if the customers r sitting up against the walls a menu should be given. I had a very hard time seeing it and didn't want to be rude to the people eating around us by standing up and putting our backs to them. Other then that this was a five star for us..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerMendozaDined on 9/12/2014This was my first time at Carmine's in AC; I've visited Carmine's in the city. It didn't disappoint me. Food was great, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezcatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Food is always good, visit every time we go to AC. Never disappointed in iur service or our meal. I would say a must try for anyone who loves Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much food!!calukaVIPDined on 9/8/2014Let me say that I did realize this was a family style dining experience, but... the portion sizes were absolutely huge. The food was good, I really enjoyed the rigatoni w/sausage & broccoli. The meatballs were fine and the lasagna was good. My mother-in-law loved the Carmine's Salad (although it wasn't my thing). Everything was good, the problem was that even for 4 people the amount of food was staggering. It is definitely better suited for large groups. If we go back, it would only be with 6 or more people.Special Features:
- Delicious & abundanceJosyVIPDined on 9/8/2014The food was delicious, we ordered too much food but enjoyed it again the next day. The service was friendly & helpful, we were seated in a quiet area of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpmkdoDined on 9/8/2014We have eaten at Carmines many times, very good food and huge portions. We arrived with 2 other couples, ordered 2 apps and 2 entrees. The cold apps came out quickly, before our drinks arrived. I told the waitress we were not in a hurry. BTW the place was dead on a weekday, off-season. Within 2 minutes the hot app arrived. OK, but I again asked the waitress to be sure to slow down our dinners. We were still eating our appetizers when the entrees arrived. There was literally not enough room on the table for all the dishes. I asked the waitress why this happened, she told me that she could not do anything, the kitchen controlled the pace of the dinner. Really? Very disappointing, were expected wolf down a huge dinner in under an hourSpecial Features:
- WOA Was I crazyBillDined on 9/7/2014Last minute she cancels.. I guess it was worth it. oh well. I trudge on. I tried to cut deal and get a 1/2 portion. no deal. The portions are basically for 4 people at a time. Had the hot antipasto excellent except didn't like the fried ravioli. SO mussels, baked clams,Luigini pie as good as they get and plenty. Had room for cheese cake but 1/2 portion is still 2 big slices. Had a Italian soda with seltzer and pomegrante nice. Had a R Strong chardonnay very sweet. Bill came to $90 with tip .I'm glad for the hotel mini frigSpecial Features:
- reservation/diningcoliee720Dined on 9/6/2014Making a reservation was very simple and easy to do online. Much easier than calling. Food was absolutely delicious and our waitress told us exactly how many plates is a good amount for 8 people. Great ambiance for a special event! Will definitely be returning next time in AC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSueb5Dined on 9/6/2014Everyone in the place was happy and enjoying food themselvesSpecial Features:
- Carmine's A Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014When in Atlantic City, we always try to go to Carmine's. Better with a group because the food is not only great but the servings, even though family style, are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for everythingHunGopherDined on 9/6/2014Food was awesome, accommodating 10 people was easy, and the server was very nice to deal with.Special Features:
- My bachelorette dinnerStina1Dined on 9/6/2014Me and my girls ate here for dinner for my bachelorette party and everything was perfect. We had a reservation and were seated right away. The service was great and fast. The food was delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Bachelorette party dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I celebrated my bachelorette party at Carmines in AC with 9 of my bestest ladies. We were greeted warmly at the door and our table was ready when we had arrived at 7pm. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and the waiter was cute, friendly and on point. We ordered baked clams, calamari and a Carmines special salad...delish! Then for the main entree we ordered the shrimp scampi, chicken parm, chicken saltimbocca and the penne ala vodka. We never felt rushed to eat and run and they were cool enough to take pics of our table when kindly asked. We all had such a great time, I cant thank them enough for such a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- AmazingDee17danielleDined on 9/6/20145 star food, dining and service for half the price! Love love love!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Carmines AC !!YUMMMDined on 9/6/2014This was my 2nd visit to Carmines in AC. This time, I had a small bachelorette party for my sister and I found the main dining area to be very loud and had difficulty talking to and hearing my guests (no I don't need a hearing aide!). The first time I went with a group, we sat off to the side nearer to the hallway of the Tropicana and that was nice and much quieter. Food as always was fantastic!!Special Features:
- FABULOUS FOODFour4foodDined on 9/6/2014For our table of four, we had three entrees: chicken scallopini, eggplant parm, and penne pomodoro. Preceding our entrees, we were served an assortment of the most delicious breads. The penne pomodoro and eggplant parm were flavorful and delicious, but the chicken was the star of the show - thin and tender and topped with the most scrumptious sauce. Even after the chicken had been eaten we continued to dip a second assortment of breads into the mouthwatering sauce. We shared a tortufo which provided just a bit of sweetness to a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CARMINES AC IS GREATFOODREVIEW22222Dined on 9/6/2014WE LOVE THE ATLANTIC CITY CARMINE'S BETTER THAN THE 2 NEW YORK CITY CARMINE'S. FOOD IS WONDERFUL, SEFVICE IS GOOD, AND THE AMBIENCE IS PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE LEVEL TO HIGHNOISEDined on 9/5/2014YOU NEED TO HAVE A SEPARATE AREA FOR THE SMALL TABLES OF 2 TO 4 PEOPLE, THE 10 OR MORE PARTIES ARE TO LOUD.MAY I SUGGEST THAT HAVE AREA FOR 50 AND OLDER .MOST PARTIES OF 10 OR MORE ARE THE YOUNGER GROUPS.I HOPE THIS HELPS ,I DO LIKE THE FOOD AND MYSELF AND MY WIFE GO TO AC ALOT.PS YOU WOULD SEE ME MORE IF IT WAS LESS NOISY.Special Features:
- Very goodFood4thoughtDined on 9/4/2014Great food good atmosphere lots of food. Great for large groups or family get togethers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring family or invite street folkgaryhenkelDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely fabulous. portions bigger than the state of new york, but equally delicious. just like nanna used to make. we were only two, stuffed ourselves. best italian restaurant we've been to in ac. not for a romantic date, for eating delicious pasta till you can't move. we are about to become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-style for a huge familyFishycpaDined on 9/3/2014Not often that a server discourages you from ordering, but when my wife and I said we wanted the family-style hot antipasto and the family-style veal chop, she suggest we not do that. Portions are huge, but the food is excellent. Veal chop was enough for 5 portions. Tiramisu came in an 8" pie plate. Plan on taking stuff home. Food is excellent, however, as is service. As one waiter said, every night is 2-for-1, because of the portion size. Eat Hearty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Family diningChuckDined on 9/2/2014This has not been my first time at this restaurant, and it seems to get better each time I go with my family GREAT JOB Carmine's I can't wait to try out the New York location on my next visit thereSpecial Features:
- FAMILY STYLE NOTDisappointedDined on 9/1/2014Carmines supposed to be a family style restaurant, what am I going to do with an order of chicken parm (2 pieces) for $32, I don't mine spending but give me something for my money. I ordered the titanic desert, it was great and worth the price. ($29).Special Features:
- Great Italian FoodExcellentVIPDined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent. We started out with a great waiter. Then we were switched to a very inattentive waitress. The antipasto had something for everyone. Everyone agreed that the chicken Parmesan was the best they ever had. So much food we took home half.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDBrownDined on 8/31/2014Penne vodka was the best I've had. Not as crowded if you go before 4:30. Gets really crowded after 5:30-6:00Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carmines is always constantMarieDined on 8/30/2014Carmines food quality never wavers. Food is consistently good with huge porions. Everything is family style with an Italian atmosphere. Have been there before and will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids 1st AC trip2kidsACDined on 8/30/2014This was a spur if the moment drive to AC and dinner at Carmines. Open table made it simple to get a reservation on a busy Saturday night. My kids, 8 & 5 always wanted to see what AC was all about(minus the gambling) so we immideatly thought of Carmines for dinner. We couldn't be happier with the service and the food was outstanding as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealVitoVIPDined on 8/30/2014Carmine's is known for family-portion size and wonderfully delicious entrees. We are not the meatball and pasta type so we often go for the Veal Saltimbocca or the hot antipasta dishes, although the penne Vodka are great. Caesar salad always hearty BUT this time they skimped on the dressing. A good Caesar salad should bite you back. We had to ask for more dressing which our very efficient waiter supplied. This is one place where you Do get anchovies with the Caesar!! A plus. Terrific Tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmines!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014We visit Carmines 2x a year for the past 5 years- Atlantic City restaurant in the summer and the uptown restaurant in the winter. Each time we are not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORTH VISITINGFREQUENTDINERDined on 8/29/2014PORTIONS ARE VERY SUFFICIENT! SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. WE HAD A PARTY OF 8 AND COULD NOT FINISH ALL OF THE FOOD.Special Features:
- Do not pass this place up!PharoDined on 8/28/2014This was my first time at Carmines and it was amazing, everything was excellent from service to the awesome portioned dishes. I am a fan for live! Amazing food, atmosphere , and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and abundance! !!Gr8teatsDined on 8/28/2014Booked dinner for 5 and food was amazing. Family dining was awseome as we each were able to eat as much as we wanted to. Food portions are meant to be shared. Dissapointed that we couldn't taste everything on the menu. :) I guess we would have to go again. GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014This is my first time in Atlantic City at Carmine's and it is just as good no matter the location! Delicious food and impeccable service! Family portions at a very reasonable price! It is a must go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO BIG DEAL16MKDined on 8/27/2014Food was fair to poor. Our server Vincent was excellent. Veal Parm was a veal pattie, meatballs were no flavor, the salmon was dry, and the prices were steep where for the same price we could have gone to Angeloni's for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.