Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123622200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Delgado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Let Carmine's Cater your next party. We offer full service catering for all types of events. Let us drop off and setup or let us stay and serve your guests with the Carmine's experience at your door. Contact our Catering Department at 212-362-6444.
- Special Events: Host your party where the Carmine's tradition began. The Little Room is the perfect setting for intimate gatherings, business meetings, rehearsal dinners or other social get-togethers. Our Executive Chef has created four course menus that are served at one long table. The Little Room seats up to 40 guests.
Our main dining room boasts a massive mahogany bar, vaulted ceilings, and cathedral chandeliers. This former ballroom is quintessential New York and is ideal for private parties and special events. This pioneer of the Upper West Side can host a seated dinner, served family style, for up to 300 guests. Celebrate Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, corporate dinners, or fundraisers. We've designed special menus for cocktail and buffet receptions for up to 350.
Celebrate special occasions in the fun, festive atmosphere that is Carmine’s.
Contact our Special Events Department at 212-721-5587.
A word from Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. Located in a sprawling, former grand ballroom on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this is the original Carmines. Designed by Peter Niemitz, the interiors evoke the images of the quintessential New York restaurant. With elements and details from the 1920s to the 1940s, the restaurant has the look and feel of a place that has been around for much longer than it's 1990 opening. If you are in the market for freshly prepared family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (212)special occasion (126)kid-friendly (106)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (93)great for lunch (67)hot spot (45)late-night find (31)romantic (29)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (24)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (10)Show More
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I've been here a bunch of times. When I was here recently I was made aware that the severs normally make the plates. I was disappointed and slightly offended by this because not once has that been done for me nor was it done the last time I was there. If this is something carmines does it should be done all the time. Food overall was good. Penne al la vodka was a salty. But I'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2014carmine's never fails to impress. It is cozy, unassuming. Food is always good, and hearty. Will always return to Carmine'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Excellent food & service... A true dining pleasure.. The calamari is to die for... Frozen Cosmo topped it off..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Marvelous menu selection . Enable large group to consider various choices to share. Wait staff professional and experts at making recommendations .Special Features:
- Consistently excellentMBtravelDined on 10/24/2014My friend's and I have been going there for years. It's usually around 10 of us. What is great is that they have round tables to accommodate a party of our size which makes it easier to converse with everyone- not just the person sitting next to you. The food is always outstanding and the portions are very large and meant to be shared. The price point is extremely reasonable. This is still one of my favorite restaurants anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Carminesluv2dineDined on 10/24/2014Great service, great family sized portions. Nice area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014When planning a day in the city for my cousin and her family from California, there was no better way I could think of to complete the day then a family style meal at Carmines. Together with the energy, sightseeing and shopping of NYC, Carmines made the day a complete success.Special Features:
- Great Spot!SugaBrwnDined on 10/22/2014The food and service was absolutely great! This is definitely one of my husband and I favorite places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CARMINE'S ALWAYS DELIVERSannarayosDined on 10/22/2014Yes, I said it right. Carmine's always delivers :)Special Features:
- Great for a Family Get Together!foodieDined on 10/19/2014My family had a group of 8 and we were taken right away for our table once we all arrived. Food was terrific we always enjoy the chicken oatmeal! Stuffed artichokes were wonderful too! Service was very nice and helped us with oyr menu selection. We also enjoyed a lovely bottle of pino noir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeLisanycDined on 10/19/2014This was my 2nd time to Carmine's uptown and it is never disappointing - food was great, service was great. Fun time with friendsSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationJOJODined on 10/18/2014I thought the whole experience was excellent. The food, the service, the waitress. The customer service was top notch. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and service.LaChilenaDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my son's 18th birthday..we had a great time. Love the food and service. Th best part they did not rush us to leave.Special Features:
- Food GaloreABG1Dined on 10/17/2014For both large and small groups, Carmines works. Three dishes for our party of 6 was both excellent and sufficient. The house special of Chicken Parmagianno with potatoes and rabe can't be beat. The half dessert almost sank us but we persevered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHungry4carminesDined on 10/17/2014The food is always fresh and very tasty. Perfect for large groups. Disclaimer: the place is noisy, and do not order too many entrees otherwise it will be hard to walk afterwards! LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's at 91stColumbiaparentsDined on 10/16/2014Favorite spot to take our son and his fraternity brothers in NYC. Family style food and neighborhood atmosphere are perfect for sharing food and sharing stories. Quality and taste have never disappointed! Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem IndeedSteveVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is THE place on the Upper West Side for those big celebrations and big family dinners. It's huge, garlicky and fun and works perfectly. Most important, the food never misses. Try the baked sole covered in shrimp. Perfection! Noisy, bustling, waiters are fast and brusque-friendly in that NYC way. You'll hear "Happy Birthday" ringing out again and again all over the place. Just a really fun restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Night OutAjuiceeDined on 10/13/2014This was my first time attending this location but I knew the food would be just as great as the other locations. I am really glad we were able to get a reservation here because I knew my out of state guest had to try this before he left! I recommend Carmine's to everyone! This is a must have while you are in the city!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKaren66VIPDined on 10/13/2014Great food, reasonable prices. They never disappoint!!Special Features:
- GorgeousPauloDined on 10/12/2014A must eat restaurant, gigantic plates!! RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathleen GrierLuvurfoodDined on 10/11/2014Made a reservation but arrived early on Saturday 10/11 and we were able to be seated 1/2 hour early! Loved the food and service time between courses was just right. Thanks for a great late lunch - early dinner.Special Features:
- Recommended for Beginners2rulyasianDined on 10/11/2014I'm an Asian and have always been skeptical about trying Western food but I truly enjoyed my lunch at Carmine's. The salad was a huge portion, the pasta with broccoli and sausage in garlic and olive oil was delicious not to mention the Chicken Parmesan. It was a good choice for someone just starting out on Italian food. After trying Italian at Boston, I would rather recommend Carmine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weekend GetawayBirthdaygirlsDined on 10/9/2014Food was great. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DopeLuvCarminesDined on 10/9/2014Everytime I go to Carmines I fall in love! The food, service, drinks, ambiance, etc. is always on point. I wish there was one in Brooklyn, however I don't mind coming to the city to enjoy such amazing eats! Love me some Carmines :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad servicedaniDined on 10/8/2014I know this restaurant for long time, the service becomes worse. last time the record was broken, The waiter was impatient patronizingand and rude, example: i never heard a waiter saying "you should order more meat"...did i ask you? ( and i have some more ) In europe when you get good service you give 12% tip, in this restaurant the bill "advices" you to give 18-20% to whom? to a aworn out staff !Special Features:
- Huge portions, great servicePeckVIPDined on 10/4/2014Huge portions of tasty food, nice decor of your typical family Italian, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicetwinkles311Dined on 10/4/2014Our server was attentive and took really good care of us and it was for my daughters sweet 16. The food was great also and then they brought out the cake and sang. Thank you for making the day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exqusite DelightBelovedDined on 10/3/2014This was an excellent and great choice for three friends to come together and not only have a great meal but truly enjoy the ambiance, service, and genuiness of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!Meatballs69Dined on 10/1/2014I went here on tuesday night with a group of 15 friends. We ate family style, ordered about 5 starters and 5 entrees. Boy was that a lot of food! Highly recommend this spot for a party, group gathering, or if you just want some nice old fashioned Italian food.Special Features:
- a find!PatSueDined on 9/29/2014Needed a place to meet 5 friends visiting NYC from out of town. This place was perfect: plenty of good food, warm service (waitress OFFERED to take pic of the group!) and we were not chased out after 2 hours of catching up. Street parking was very easy (we found a spot around the corner) and our friends could walk from their hotel. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I am a regular customer of carmines, I often book group reservations. However, on Saturday the appetizers were outstanding as usual. However, we order the ziti with chicken. and calamari pasta dish. The ziti noodles were undercooked and the calamari pasta also was under cooked and the calamari was spongy and lacked seasoning. I am sure that this is not the usual for carmines and hope that the next outing will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoyaltyLaursDined on 9/27/2014I love how I'm treated whenever I visit this Carmine's location. The servers are always very attentive and go the distance to ensure I am happy. I particularly like the way the servers place the food into the plates and how cordial as well as personable they are. I leave full and very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters 16th Birthday!Ria122Dined on 9/25/2014My daughter had an amazing time! We were undecided about what restaurant to attend however with the family style consept we were able to attend and enjoyed your services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This is not my first time, so it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSullyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Also, the gluten free menu options are very good, no issues after eating.Special Features:
- TooMuchFoodtrysomethingnewDined on 9/22/2014While I love going to Carmine's I can NEVER eat more than one plate of food. I always end up with two days worth of left overs. My husband nearly ate his 46 oz steak in one sitting though.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife and kids to celebrate my 20th Anniversary and had a great time with my family! Large portions so share plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Coming back again !!ArnofDined on 9/18/2014We didn't got the Appetizers we ordered. We got the waiter's recommendation to a special dish ("BEEF TENDERLOIN") after hour of waiting and it all was burned. The meat, the mushrooms and the sauce had a look and taste of burned. The potatoes were very hard. The waiter agree with us and called the restaurant's manager. The manager just said "I'm sorry" and went away. We talked to him again and he gave us a 25$ coupon and a dessert free of charge. He didn’t agreed that we won't pay for the burned dish which we did not eat at all. The "special dish" cost us 80$+Tax. A very excessive price for dish whose place in the garbage can. We told the manager what we think and got out of the restaurant with an un-pleasant feeling of big disappointment.
- Celebrated My Son's 21st BirthdayILuv2DineOutDined on 9/17/2014Great food, great service and comfortable environment where big groups can enjoy their dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciososebeDined on 9/14/2014We have been here many times and the food is always great. The atmosphere is exciting and definitely worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.