Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123622200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Delgado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Let Carmine's Cater your next party. We offer full service catering for all types of events. Let us drop off and setup or let us stay and serve your guests with the Carmine's experience at your door. Contact our Catering Department at 212-362-6444.
- Special Events: Host your party where the Carmine's tradition began. The Little Room is the perfect setting for intimate gatherings, business meetings, rehearsal dinners or other social get-togethers. Our Executive Chef has created four course menus that are served at one long table. The Little Room seats up to 40 guests.
Our main dining room boasts a massive mahogany bar, vaulted ceilings, and cathedral chandeliers. This former ballroom is quintessential New York and is ideal for private parties and special events. This pioneer of the Upper West Side can host a seated dinner, served family style, for up to 300 guests. Celebrate Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, corporate dinners, or fundraisers. We've designed special menus for cocktail and buffet receptions for up to 350.
Celebrate special occasions in the fun, festive atmosphere that is Carmine’s.
Contact our Special Events Department at 212-721-5587.
A word from Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. Located in a sprawling, former grand ballroom on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this is the original Carmines. Designed by Peter Niemitz, the interiors evoke the images of the quintessential New York restaurant. With elements and details from the 1920s to the 1940s, the restaurant has the look and feel of a place that has been around for much longer than it's 1990 opening. If you are in the market for freshly prepared family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (208)special occasion (126)kid-friendly (102)fit for foodies (92)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (62)hot spot (46)romantic (29)late-night find (29)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)scenic view (10)Show More
- Great for a Family Get Together!foodieDined on 10/19/2014My family had a group of 8 and we were taken right away for our table once we all arrived. Food was terrific we always enjoy the chicken oatmeal! Stuffed artichokes were wonderful too! Service was very nice and helped us with oyr menu selection. We also enjoyed a lovely bottle of pino noir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This was my 2nd time to Carmine's uptown and it is never disappointing - food was great, service was great. Fun time with friendsSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationJOJODined on 10/18/2014I thought the whole experience was excellent. The food, the service, the waitress. The customer service was top notch. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my son's 18th birthday..we had a great time. Love the food and service. Th best part they did not rush us to leave.Special Features:
- Food GaloreABG1Dined on 10/17/2014For both large and small groups, Carmines works. Three dishes for our party of 6 was both excellent and sufficient. The house special of Chicken Parmagianno with potatoes and rabe can't be beat. The half dessert almost sank us but we persevered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeHungry4carminesDined on 10/17/2014The food is always fresh and very tasty. Perfect for large groups. Disclaimer: the place is noisy, and do not order too many entrees otherwise it will be hard to walk afterwards! LolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's at 91stColumbiaparentsDined on 10/16/2014Favorite spot to take our son and his fraternity brothers in NYC. Family style food and neighborhood atmosphere are perfect for sharing food and sharing stories. Quality and taste have never disappointed! Very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutAjuiceeDined on 10/13/2014This was my first time attending this location but I knew the food would be just as great as the other locations. I am really glad we were able to get a reservation here because I knew my out of state guest had to try this before he left! I recommend Carmine's to everyone! This is a must have while you are in the city!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsKaren66VIPDined on 10/13/2014Great food, reasonable prices. They never disappoint!!Special Features:
- GorgeousPauloDined on 10/12/2014A must eat restaurant, gigantic plates!! RecommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kathleen GrierLuvurfoodDined on 10/11/2014Made a reservation but arrived early on Saturday 10/11 and we were able to be seated 1/2 hour early! Loved the food and service time between courses was just right. Thanks for a great late lunch - early dinner.Special Features:
- Recommended for Beginners2rulyasianDined on 10/11/2014I'm an Asian and have always been skeptical about trying Western food but I truly enjoyed my lunch at Carmine's. The salad was a huge portion, the pasta with broccoli and sausage in garlic and olive oil was delicious not to mention the Chicken Parmesan. It was a good choice for someone just starting out on Italian food. After trying Italian at Boston, I would rather recommend Carmine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weekend GetawayBirthdaygirlsDined on 10/9/2014Food was great. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DopeLuvCarminesDined on 10/9/2014Everytime I go to Carmines I fall in love! The food, service, drinks, ambiance, etc. is always on point. I wish there was one in Brooklyn, however I don't mind coming to the city to enjoy such amazing eats! Love me some Carmines :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad servicedaniDined on 10/8/2014I know this restaurant for long time, the service becomes worse. last time the record was broken, The waiter was impatient patronizingand and rude, example: i never heard a waiter saying "you should order more meat"...did i ask you? ( and i have some more ) In europe when you get good service you give 12% tip, in this restaurant the bill "advices" you to give 18-20% to whom? to a aworn out staff !Special Features:
- Huge portions, great servicePeckVIPDined on 10/4/2014Huge portions of tasty food, nice decor of your typical family Italian, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicetwinkles311Dined on 10/4/2014Our server was attentive and took really good care of us and it was for my daughters sweet 16. The food was great also and then they brought out the cake and sang. Thank you for making the day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exqusite DelightBelovedDined on 10/3/2014This was an excellent and great choice for three friends to come together and not only have a great meal but truly enjoy the ambiance, service, and genuiness of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!Meatballs69Dined on 10/1/2014I went here on tuesday night with a group of 15 friends. We ate family style, ordered about 5 starters and 5 entrees. Boy was that a lot of food! Highly recommend this spot for a party, group gathering, or if you just want some nice old fashioned Italian food.Special Features:
- a find!PatSueDined on 9/29/2014Needed a place to meet 5 friends visiting NYC from out of town. This place was perfect: plenty of good food, warm service (waitress OFFERED to take pic of the group!) and we were not chased out after 2 hours of catching up. Street parking was very easy (we found a spot around the corner) and our friends could walk from their hotel. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I am a regular customer of carmines, I often book group reservations. However, on Saturday the appetizers were outstanding as usual. However, we order the ziti with chicken. and calamari pasta dish. The ziti noodles were undercooked and the calamari pasta also was under cooked and the calamari was spongy and lacked seasoning. I am sure that this is not the usual for carmines and hope that the next outing will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoyaltyLaursDined on 9/27/2014I love how I'm treated whenever I visit this Carmine's location. The servers are always very attentive and go the distance to ensure I am happy. I particularly like the way the servers place the food into the plates and how cordial as well as personable they are. I leave full and very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daughters 16th Birthday!Ria122Dined on 9/25/2014My daughter had an amazing time! We were undecided about what restaurant to attend however with the family style consept we were able to attend and enjoyed your services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This is not my first time, so it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSullyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Great food, service and atmosphere. Also, the gluten free menu options are very good, no issues after eating.Special Features:
- TooMuchFoodtrysomethingnewDined on 9/22/2014While I love going to Carmine's I can NEVER eat more than one plate of food. I always end up with two days worth of left overs. My husband nearly ate his 46 oz steak in one sitting though.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife and kids to celebrate my 20th Anniversary and had a great time with my family! Large portions so share plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Coming back again !!ArnofDined on 9/18/2014We didn't got the Appetizers we ordered. We got the waiter's recommendation to a special dish ("BEEF TENDERLOIN") after hour of waiting and it all was burned. The meat, the mushrooms and the sauce had a look and taste of burned. The potatoes were very hard. The waiter agree with us and called the restaurant's manager. The manager just said "I'm sorry" and went away. We talked to him again and he gave us a 25$ coupon and a dessert free of charge. He didn’t agreed that we won't pay for the burned dish which we did not eat at all. The "special dish" cost us 80$+Tax. A very excessive price for dish whose place in the garbage can. We told the manager what we think and got out of the restaurant with an un-pleasant feeling of big disappointment.
- Celebrated My Son's 21st BirthdayILuv2DineOutDined on 9/17/2014Great food, great service and comfortable environment where big groups can enjoy their dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciososebeDined on 9/14/2014We have been here many times and the food is always great. The atmosphere is exciting and definitely worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & ProudTonightsHighScoreDined on 9/12/2014Carmines on 91st is an over the top red sauce spot. Their customers are almost always celebrating something, their wait staff is incredibly accommodating, and the food gets the job done. I went in with low expectations, but quickly gave into the comforting glutinous feeling that comes along with their cuisine. If you just watched good fells and are looking for satisfaction, Carmines is your spot.Special Features:
- Fantastic alternative to 44th St.Bklyn9CchanDined on 9/12/2014I never even considered the 91st Street Carmine's as I was so accustomed to the 44th Street location. I was pleasantly surprised that the service and most importantly the food was consistent with the location I've loved for years. Although this location is smaller it's roomier between tables. The staff is pleasant and understanding. Half of my party was very late for our reservation but we were still seated immediately without hesitation when they arrived. The bathrooms were impeccably kept which is another big plus in my book. A definite five stars from me. I'll be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fantastic but not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014My husband frequent Carmines a few times a year when we head into the city and usually have a great experience. The food is always amazing, the portions are great for left overs or suitable when bringing those from out of town to share dishes. The last time we went, the weather was beautiful so we took advantage and got a table outside. I think the waiter forgot about us because he never even brought out our bread. The table next to us had two very loud men who spent the entire time laughing and joking around with their waiter who stood by the table the entire time encouraging their drunk behavior. I was really disappointed and will be getting take out from now on to avoid the poor staff.Special Features:
- Great for a group of eight!MisterEDined on 9/10/2014We had the antipasta and calamari (delivered by accident) and shared the vodka sauce on penne, calamari red on linguini and veal parm. All were perfect! Getting calamari right other than fried is no easy trick! We left happily stuffed. Staff was attentive, first waiter seemed new and was struggling a little, but others picked up the slack seemlessly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyEatlovelaughDined on 9/8/2014My fiancé and I have been wanting to come to this place for quite sometime and I'm so glad we did. Everything was spectacular! From the Beauty of the chandeliers to the friendly service to the delicious aromatic smells of the food. We're definitely coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencesuecDined on 9/7/2014We were a group of 8 dining before a 3:00 matinee. We were seated immediately (we had reservations). The night before, we needed to add 2 extra people and that was easily accommodated online. Each couple chose an entree to share with the rest of the group. Since dinners are served family style, we were able to sample a variety of items which were all delicious and plentiful! I will return with my family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Meet FriendslovethebreadDined on 9/6/2014I love Carmine's. The food is great and the service is always good. I love the bread, but be careful, you can get full on the bread alone. My friends and I attend once a month to catch up on our lives. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one main course would feed 4 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014we ordered 4 main courses and really feel that we were hard done the portions are huge one would feed 3/4 people and in other restaurants we visited we were advised of this at the time of ordering. felt ripped off as we were not American would not recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Huge portionsStardust43Dined on 9/4/2014If you don't want to cook for a few days, order enough to bring home. Each platter serves 4-6 or more people. The breadstix are delicious. The service and personnel are pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantMalibuahVIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant that has up held in status through the years.Special Features: