Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123622200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Delgado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Let Carmine's Cater your next party. We offer full service catering for all types of events. Let us drop off and setup or let us stay and serve your guests with the Carmine's experience at your door. Contact our Catering Department at 212-362-6444.
- Special Events: Host your party where the Carmine's tradition began. The Little Room is the perfect setting for intimate gatherings, business meetings, rehearsal dinners or other social get-togethers. Our Executive Chef has created four course menus that are served at one long table. The Little Room seats up to 40 guests.
Our main dining room boasts a massive mahogany bar, vaulted ceilings, and cathedral chandeliers. This former ballroom is quintessential New York and is ideal for private parties and special events. This pioneer of the Upper West Side can host a seated dinner, served family style, for up to 300 guests. Celebrate Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, corporate dinners, or fundraisers. We've designed special menus for cocktail and buffet receptions for up to 350.
Celebrate special occasions in the fun, festive atmosphere that is Carmine’s.
Contact our Special Events Department at 212-721-5587.
A word from Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC
Carmine's simple and very popular concept is to serve every meal in the style of an Italian American wedding feast - which means large portions of home-style antipasti, pastas, seafood and meat entrees served on large platters designed for sharing. And when we say large, we mean large. An entree here could easily feed three to four average eaters. Located in a sprawling, former grand ballroom on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, this is the original Carmines. Designed by Peter Niemitz, the interiors evoke the images of the quintessential New York restaurant. With elements and details from the 1920s to the 1940s, the restaurant has the look and feel of a place that has been around for much longer than it's 1990 opening. If you are in the market for freshly prepared family style Italian food that is served in huge portions at reasonable prices, this is the place for you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Carmine's - 91st Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (219)special occasion (151)kid-friendly (97)fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (87)great for lunch (60)hot spot (40)romantic (34)great for brunch (33)late-night find (27)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great family-style dinner outingSuzyNYCDined on 8/24/2014Took my mom & dad here for their 55th wedding anniversary. Since they are in their 70's the stairs were a bit of an issue for them, but the food, drinks and wait service made it worthwhile. They had a great time. Alex, our waiter, was extremely accommodating to all of our needs (read pickiness).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!GoodTimesDiining28Dined on 8/23/2014We had a good time visiting Carmine's. We've been many times before and the food was great as usual. The only negatives were and are that the acoustics make the building very loud and hard to talk to people across your table but we would still come back. The bathrooms are being renovated so the stylish out houses were just outside the restaurant. We'd go back!!!!Special Features:
- All about the food...Carmines91stDined on 8/21/2014If you are looking for true Italian food, go to Carmine's.Special Features:
- Not HappyBill43Dined on 8/21/2014The heavy set bartender needs an attitude adjustment. The waitstaff is impersonal. Large portions. Asked to have something reheated required waitress to check with chef then come back to say they didn't recommend it. Sent it back anyway. Won't be returning.
- great family style diningsands13Dined on 8/20/2014Backup choice when 44th street location is booked. $15 cab ride gets you in a wonderful neighborhood. When its not tourist season, the noise level and atmosphere is lower key. Great food and extremely large portions. Consider the day's special.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian Upper West sidePaulPogiDined on 8/20/2014Had the pleasure of dining at Carmine's. It was recommended to me by a friend and it lived up to her suggestion and reputation. Family style plates and pricing. There were three of us. My wife, daughter and me. We had the Carmine salad, bearly finished it. Two entrees, the pasta special with all the seafood delights and chicken marsalla. The food was fantastic. If we lived nearby we would have had plenty to take home for left overs. Being from Boston and staying in a hotel, it was not an option. Make sure you make reservations well in advance.Special Features:
- Great service with IsabelleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We have the chance to go to NYC twice a year and I must say it's the first time we are so well taking care of. WOOOOOW what a great service experience with Isabelle !!! thank you for making our experience such a memorable one. The food is absolutly wonderful but with Isabelle's touch, the experience was an outstanding one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeISSY55Dined on 8/17/2014As always it was great , friendly , great waitstaff . I like the fact that I received a call to confirm after a placed a reservation on "open table "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always....craigsreviewDined on 8/16/2014This not being the first time to Carmines, though we've always visited the Times Square location, the uptown location was just as excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Carmine's several times and I am never disappointed! The hosts and waitstaff are very courteous and attentive and the food is always on point. I've tried the Shrimp Scampi, Penne alla Vodka, Chicken Saltimbocca, Chicken Marsala, Rigatoni with Sausage and Broccoli (with marinara sauce), Ravioli (with meat sauce), and the meatballs. I have loved every dish! It's a great place for groups. Two of my best friends got married last week and I took them to Carmine's to celebrate. They couldn't stop raving about the food and the great prices for the amount of food you get! Carmine's is truly a neighborhood gem! Can't get enough of this place.Special Features:
- Great for groups and bdays!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014I love to go to Carmines for my annual birthday celebration. Being that I'm in my mid twenties and have a lot of friends, its easy to get a group of 10 people at one table and order all different types of large family-style plates. I would say people's biggest complaints about Carmines is that you don't get much variety if you go with a small group of people. But I wouldn't really consider that a fair review since that is what Carmines is known for and what makes it unique. It won't be the BEST Italian food you've ever had, especially being in NYC, but it really is delicious and consistent and you won't be disappointed. My favorites are the penne vodka, chicken parm, meatballs and spaghetti, and the titanic (dessert)! Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- loved everything at Carmine'sLimaloDined on 8/14/2014We had the veal parmigian which was excellent. Tender and tasty but must of it so affordable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five star nitetschmidt2020Dined on 8/13/2014Carmine's delivered a very good dining experience. The food was delicious and of course plentiful. We had three entree's for seven people and still took home food. The calamari app was to die for. The entree's were: Veal shank, meatballs, and shrimp all were very good. Recommend Carmine's to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very happy !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Went there with family from CA who had heard of the place. They loved the food, the value and the service. They were extremely pleased. I go somewhat often and am always very happy with it.Special Features:
- Great food. Great servicegabgabDined on 8/12/2014Carmines has become one of my favorite restaurants since my first time dining there. The ambiance is relaxing with a homey and relaxing feel to it. The food, especially the shrimp scampi is perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection. The portions are for up to four people, so if not dining with more than three, theres a guarantee you will be taking some to go.The waiters are always friendly and attentive. Love love love carminesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine 91OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Can't go wrong with this place been coming here for 10+ yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysSukiDined on 8/11/2014Monday night chicken special is a treat. We only added another vegetable and were well satisfied. The cutlets were perfect in the lemon sauce. Each time we have it we enjoy it more. Definitely a go to dinner item.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on top of their gameMacd703Dined on 8/11/2014A staple of Manhattan - one not to be missed. Like family there -Special Features:
- binkman3Dined on 8/11/2014It's always a treat to eat at Carmine's. The food is great and enormous, the waiters are super friendly, and the space is unpretentious and inviting. This restaurant is a reliably welcome staple in a city that is constantly changing.Special Features:
- Delicious!!SlovaaaaaDined on 8/10/2014Couldn't have ask for a better place for moms dinner, she loves every thing about the food and how they were so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MNKindersDined on 8/9/2014The food and service at Carmine's were outstanding. They exceeded our expectations. We were excited to discover that there is a Carmine's in our local area. That is great news for my family. We plan to go there soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took reservation- RESTAURANT CLOSEDOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014I made a reservation for my birthday. I picked Carmines bc it can hold a huge crowd and doesn't need to be prix fix. Get to the restaurant and it is closed for the week for renovations. They kept saying that I must have made a mistake and there was no way that I had made a reservation since the whole restaurant was closed. I took out my phone and showed them the confirmation. They admitted that it was a mistake but there wasn't anything they could do. So me and my 13 friends suddenly had no where to go on my birthday. It sucked. Total disaster.
- Appetite PleasingJJ5512Dined on 8/3/2014Be sure to bring your appetite (and some friends) whenever you visit Carmine's. The food is plentiful and very tasty. The service was very good, although the entrees came out before we (6 friends, 3 couples) finished our delicious Carmine's Salad. The drinks were a little pricey, but I guess this is NYC. This was our first time at this location, we had previously been to Carmine's in Atlantic City. We enjoyed this location as much, if not more. The only downside was the long line for the ladies room. Another visit is definitely in order!Special Features:
- NO WAITER, yes not ONCEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We never saw our waiter ONCE. Busboy/food runner asked if he could take our appetizer order and we ordered a hot antipasto. He said our waiter would be there in few minutes, which is standard. We wanted to order wine and a main course, however no waiter ever came over to us. We decided to leave after we finished our appetizer. We had to ask 2 other waiters to tell our mythical waiter to give us a check. We still left a 27% tip because we left the food runner did his job and working with such an inept waiter he probably got lousy tips normally.Special Features:
- Family styleEvryDayGuyDined on 8/2/2014Great food and service. A little loud and hsrd to hear my friends at my table since every one was sitting at open tables and voices carry. Since the portions are huge its best to go with a group of about 4-6 people and share the mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!SuzeDined on 8/2/2014The food at Carmines is outstanding! Very comfortable and we didn't feel rushed.Special Features:
- Carmine'sNagle7Dined on 8/2/2014The food was great! But the server was not so good we were there for a half hour before he came around to get food orders. He left half way through which is probably a good thing and we got a good waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Everything was great - we visit New York at least once a year and always make sure we eat at CarminesSpecial Features:
- DelishYummmDined on 8/1/2014The food was delicious and also the waiter was very entertaining and helped us to order just the right drinks and dishes. Thank you....Special Features:
- great...as usualsuev23Dined on 7/30/2014Another fantastic meal at Carmine's.Excellent service, excellent food.Special Features:
- Love the HUGE portionsjustmyopinionDined on 7/29/2014Great place for friends/groups of more than 4 people -so you can try 2 or 3 plates. Their huge portions just make it fun.Special Features:
- Jgaquarius14Dined on 7/29/2014I've been to Carmine on 91st. Quite a few times and as always find the food ok but this time I was disappointed with the service.we had a 1 pm reservation and the restaurant was half empty and was not busy our waiter assigned to our table was not attentive enough to our needs and couldn't find nowhere when we needed something.also one of my guest used the lady's room and found it dirty.i complained to the manager about our waiter and she was apologetic about it and gave us a complimentary dessert which is nice of her.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, but hard to hear.dineoutlessandlessDined on 7/28/2014Drinks also could be much less sweet. 2 people at our table had the frozen "Cosmos" since there were no frozen margaritas. One guest simply could not drink it, as it was way too sweet. Food solid and good and great portions to share at big table, but noise level very high.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014We had a really nice meal ; ordered three dishes for four people and had plenty to take home afterwardsSpecial Features:
- Sip1VIPDined on 7/26/2014We were there at 12:30pm and the restaurant was quiet at the beginning. We sat down for more than 5 minutes and still didn't see a server. We got the menu and didn't get any water and nobody refilled the water later!Special Features:
- carminesloverDined on 7/25/2014Great food, great service, great place! We have been dining here almost 20 years!Special Features:
- Never ever disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Didn't "over order" this time for a change. Chicken Marsala over pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencekboogie25Dined on 7/21/2014Loved the experience we had it was awesome !!! The food was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, ambience and staff!LuvMeSomeCarminesDined on 7/20/2014Awesome food, great ambience and friendly staff. Every time we go to NY with friends, we always make a point of eating at Carmine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enrmous PortionsMichaelDined on 7/20/2014Carmines is most famous for their family size portions. I've had tried such place before in Times Square but this was my first time trying Carmines. Definitely does not shy away from making as much food as possible in the huge plates they serve. Good quality food and enough food to last us for a week worth of meals. Price is bit on the higher side but considering amount of the food delivered I think its worth the price to give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.