Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
200 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.carminesnyc.com/locations/tdny/index.php
- Phone: 2122213800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30 am to 11:00 pm;
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 am to Midnight;
Wednesday & Saturday: 11:00 am to Midnight;
Sunday: 11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy Carmine's classics catered to the venue of your choice. Our off-premises catering services range from a small drop off and set up for 20 to a full scale, off-premises event for 2000. Our signature dishes, including Carmine’s famous Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Veal Marsala, and Shrimp Scampi, will be delivered right to your door.
Carmine's Catering offers one-stop shopping. Our full-service Catering Division offers a professional staff, complete set-up and service, rentals, linens, décor, and venue selection.
Catering packages or customized menus available.
- Special Events: Carmine's is a true New York tradition, renowned for preparing the finest Southern Italian cuisine served family style in abundant portions. Our restaurant is dedicated to quality, service, and detail. Our professional events staff makes Carmine's a one-stop hospitality shop that attends to all of your needs. Corporate dinners, meetings, pre- or post-theatre groups, rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, movie premieres, or Broadway openings: let us create an event to be remembered!
Our second floor offers a private dining room complete with a mahogany bar, private restrooms, coat check, and handicap access. The room accommodates up to 200 guests and boasts expansive windows reflecting the excitement of Times Square. For smaller groups of 15 or more, our plush velvet drapes can section off the room for semi-private dining.
- Cross Street: Broadway
- Public Transit: Carmine's is two blocks north of the Times Square 42nd Street subway station serving the 1, 2, 3, 7, N, R subways. The A, C and E subways stop at 42nd Street and Eighth Ave. The B, D, F and V subways stop at 42nd Street and 6th Ave. The MTA bus system also serves the area. The M7, M10, M20, M27, M42, 27,104 all stop within one block of Carmine's.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample and convenient parking in the Times Square area. Discount parking is available at Central Parking on 44th Street between 8th and 9th Avenue. Be sure to have your parking ticket validated in the restaurant. The nearest parking is directly across the street from the restaurant.
A word from Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC
Thank you for choosing Carmine's Midtown. Should your plans change, please let us know by calling 212-221-3800 We look forward to serving you. For directions, reviews, menus, and other information at www.carminesnyc.com. Visit our online store for gift cards and Carmine's merchandise for the next holiday season or upcoming birthday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC - Best Restaurants in Theater District / Times Square ›
Carmine's - 44th Street - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
892 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (694)special occasion (347)great for lunch (310)fit for foodies (302)kid-friendly (280)hot spot (230)neighborhood gem (226)late-night find (122)vibrant bar scene (101)romantic (90)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (54)great for outdoor dining (33)scenic view (15)Show More
- Great Pre-Theater LunchDougVIPDined on 10/22/2014We made reservations for lunch before the theater. Carmine's did not disappoint us. We were seated promptly and our server - Rudy - was great. the food is good, traditional Italian dishes. The portions are enormous. Our Eggplant Parm app could easily have been a meal for two and the Veal Marsala could have feed 4. Its a good spot for a large group and a fun place to bring out of town guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place for big groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Huge portion. Excellent for big groups. We had mix seafood pasta and chicken cutlet with spinach. They were awesome. Service was great as well. Only regret is that we ate too much and had to miss desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We love this place. Took a trip into the city just for dinner. Always amazing. Never disappointed. The stuffed artichoke is the main reason we come. The service is always great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redeemed First impressionNycjennVIPDined on 10/19/2014Carmine's is always crowded but I do not expect to wait 20 minutes for a table- when I have a reservation for a large group. That said, once seated it was an excellent experience with great service. Our waiter- Jim/James was a lively compliment to the experience for our guests visiting NY for the first time from overseas. The food was excellent and plentiful as always. Meatballs, Country Style Pasta, Chicken Marsala and Calamari for a real taste of NY. We must have heard the Happy Birthday song 50 times but other than that and the wait it was a wonderful evening in the heart of Times Square.Special Features:
- Great for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We booked on recommendation and really enjoyed our meal. Food tasted great, but the only thing that we were disappointed about was the food wasn't particularly hot. The pasta and meatballs and the shrimp were only just warm. However, we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good--generally average for an Italian restaurant. Portions were gigantic. Spaghetti & meatballs were excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent as always! We had reservations for lunch on this trip to the city and we were seated right on time and the service and food was wonderful! We always visit Carmine's when we are in New York and have never been disappointed! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I want to say that I have enjoyed eating at Carmine's for many years....Each time I enjoy a day in New York City, it is a must for lunch. My friends and I always agree that Carmine's in NYC is the best. The Food is outstanding, the service is exceptional and the prices are within our means. We are from Massachusetts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge portions, great foodchefgeorgeDined on 10/18/2014We shared the veal saltimbocca and farfalle. Huge portion of exquisite food. Superlative service. Family atmosphere, yet elegant. Bought the cookbook.Special Features:
- Huge and tasty dishesAndyLeadDined on 10/17/2014The dishes are really really HUUUGE and delicious. Very genuine italian style. My favourite is Spaghetti with meatballs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a Broadway showDLRJDined on 10/17/2014We went to dinner before watching a show on Broadway right across the rstaurante. It was great to start getting into the joyous mood of the occasion. The food was great and the possibility of sharing different dishes gave a special touch to the meal. The waiter who served us was very friendly and ensured we finished the meal with calm and in time for the show, even though we were short on time. It was a great experience.Special Features:
- PattiNYDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding food, friendly hard working staff, generous portions and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's is fantastic!JoeDinesWithNatashaDined on 10/16/2014Great food and atmosphere, a perfect place to meet for a lunchtime date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion control...!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The food was wonderful, but sooooo much. Our waiter recommended a third entrée because we had 9 people. After the extremely wonderful salad two entree's would have been more than enough. We boxed up the left overs to give to the homeless, so it all worked out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Excellent option for after the theater, because it closes after 11:00 pm. The prices are great, the dishes have huge portions that can be divided . It is a very full , very busy restaurant and the noise level is high. Good option for groups and families.Special Features:
- Wrong dishThpaivaDined on 10/15/2014We chose pasta with Ragu. Their Ragu is meatballs with sausage. Nothing like the original recipe. We got very disappointed and the goof was just below ok.Special Features:
- PerfectAik4everDined on 10/15/2014It was the first time we visited Carmines but definitely not the last! The food, the drinks and the service was tiptop!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moore Family NYC TripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014We had a wonderful time at Carmine's. The food was great and the service was also very good. Although it was very crowded when we arrived, since we had a reservation we did not have to wait long. The server was very personable and helpful and once we ordered, it did not take long for the food to arrive. We told the server that we had tickets to a 7:00 show and he made sure that we got done in plenty of time. He even gave us directions to the theater.Special Features:
- Dining at Carmine'sSheilyDined on 10/15/2014We all really enjoyed our dinner. Service was very good. Dinner or lunch at Carmine's is always a treat for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedataboyDined on 10/15/2014The service was the worst I have experienced. We had to get someone to find the waiter. We did not get napkins or silverware until I got out of my chair to find the waiter and ask for them. This was after the bread was delivered, again after I found the waiter and asked for it. No butter was provided until I again found the waiter and asked for it. It was an unbelievable experience. Food, once received, was good but by then the experience was lost on poor service.
- JerseyGirlsDined on 10/15/2014This was our first time here and we were celebrating my daughter's 26th birthday, we had family from Connecticut meet us their and we drove in from Jersey, it was amazing, the food was absolutley amazing and dessert was even better. Will have to do it again. Thank you so much for an amazing experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente comida e atendimento!!!MAKCDined on 10/13/2014Atendimento nota 10, comida muito boa barata, tendo em vista a quantidade enorme de comida, eu, minha esposa e filha não demos conta de 1 prato de massa, recomendadissimo!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great climate for dinningDonotskipthisDined on 10/13/2014We loved the family style placing of our food being placed in the middle of our table. It was truly a relaxed atmosphere for everyone. Closest to True Italian since we left Naples Italy. If we are ever back in NYC we will return.Special Features:
- Giant portions! Delicius food!reginacaniatoDined on 10/12/2014Perfect for after the theater! Giant portions, efficient service and delicious food! We love it!Special Features:
- Not worth coming back.SeidelDined on 10/12/2014Lots of food but nothing special when it comes to qualitySpecial Features:
- ChocolateCakeDined on 10/12/2014A twice a year tradition for us, Canadian tourists! Perfect place for groups. Do not even attempt to show up without a reservation! What better way to end the day than in Times Square with amazing food and wine. Portions are huge and it's exactly what makes it convivial. It leads to sharing food and conversations and impressions and great moments. The most hated part is the waiting in the overcrowded tiny bar/entrance section. Kids and shopping bags pile up like vulgar gear and get squished by the crowd. The reservations system has increasingly improved as years go by, so let's hope they'll also find the time to fix (and enlarge) the waiting area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Great service , great food, great atmosphere! Huge portions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RangergamepregamemealDined on 10/12/2014Coming in for Rangers home opener, we decided to make the day even more fun by going to Carmines for our pre meal, the food & day were great.Special Features:
- Holy huge!Gr8foodDined on 10/12/2014The portion sizes were huge! One dish fed my wife and I with left overs. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billDined on 10/11/2014great famly style more than you can eat good food and serivce festive atmosphere and they accept reservations far in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FeastNEWYORKEATSDined on 10/11/2014Have been to Carmine's every trip I've made to NYC. The food each and every time is amazing!!! The staff is always friendly and always available. We always make reservations, but if you don't have reservations well worth the wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Made reservations 6 months in advance and was squished in a small table...waiter was rude, server pushed the plated almost spilling the food on my lap and didn't even apologize. Felt very rushed...obnoxious crowd next to us with adults screaming the whole time. Couldn't wait to get out of there...went elsewhere for dessert!Special Features:
- Really lives up to its reputationGirlsnightDined on 10/11/2014So I've been avoiding Carmines for years because I tend to not like the touristy restaurants. However I had some relatives in to visit NYC and Carmines was centrally located so I figured we'd go there. There were only 4 of us but we couldn't decide on one dish due to one very picky eater. We ordered two which was way too much food for 4 people but we knew that. My MIL and myself decided to split the chicken parm. It was divine!! Best chicken parm I've ever had in my life. Our other family members ordered the Chicken Marsala and also raved about it. My spritzer was also very good. I was definitely missing out by not going to Carmine's sooner. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmine's is our NYC favoriteDelaware2Dined on 10/10/2014Carmine's is our NYC favorite. The food is absolutely fantastic in both quality and quantity. The service is exceptional. The whole package at Carmine's is not a meal...it is more of an experience. Our NYC trip from Delaware ALWAYS includes a visit to Carmine's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuziiDined on 10/10/2014I cannot tell you how much I love this restaurant. My husband is a bus tour guide from montreal and we always recommend this restaurant to our clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of food!MimsieDined on 10/10/2014Very good! 3 of us split the italian salad and chicken parmesean, and still had food!!! Waitress was very good and , in fact, showed us we had added her tip on twice ( my error). Her honesty was refreshing. Thank youSpecial Features:
- New York visitBamagirlforlifeDined on 10/10/2014Was recommended by a native New Yorker and we were extremely pleased. Would most definitely recommend to others who visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Es perfecto para ir grupoJorgeDined on 10/10/2014Es perfecto para grupos o personas que quieran comer mucho , la comida es muy buena pero no se puede pedir mas de un Plato , los platos son para 4 o 5 personas nosotros eramos 2 y 2 ninosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near TheatresAnnie17Dined on 10/9/2014Great location if you are going to a play and crave Italian beforehand. Family style fare perfect for a party of 4. Suggest Caesar salad, chicken saltambolca, pasta in vodka sauce and Italian cheesecake for desert.Special Features:
- Personal Favorite in NYjoyfulDined on 10/9/2014Come hungry and bring a friend or two or three. All the food is served family style which means sharing. Always love the Veal Marsala over a bed of linguini. And don't forget the garlic bread with cheese.Special Features: